• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - MLG Anaheim 2014 what kind of tv's did mlg use for brawl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I do not know what type of TVs they were using, but at Columbus they were not as bad as people were saying they were. I'm an Ice Climbers and Marth player and it took maybe 1 match for me to adjust my Ice Climbers to be able to Chain grab and 2 matches to adjust for grab releases with Marth.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yeah, I'm a very technical player and main ice climbers and it took about 1 match to adjust. They were fine.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Flatscreens if i'm correct, as for models note a clue in the world... Just ask Pierce or someone in BBR or MLG to get a legitimate answer.

:320:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'm pretty sure the model they use has been discontinued.

Mike2

Smash Ace
That's too bad. Maybe you could've beat those Sonics. Oh nvmd forgot Sonic is broken on those tvs... :-$ /hardjohns

EDIT* On topic: Tvs are pretty good for laggy tvs. Much better than I thought they would be. :p

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I didn't actually go myself, but I could tell they were lagging horribly, just by watching the live stream.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I remember TV 14 that I was playing on was terrible. The others were fine though.

Toneh

Smash Lord
i actually found the post that shows all the tv's they used for every tourney.
http://www.mlgpro.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7659384&postcount=1706

we smashers need to find a suitable hdtv of our own. that thread is mainly about what type of tv's halo players like to use.
problem is wii's can only display 480p which means there will always be some lag. Xbox 360's go up to 1080p taking away the lag on HDTV's.

The Wii VGA connection sounds the best but never tried it myself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom