• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda What Is your favourite Link Design?

AngryMoblyn1881

Smash Journeyman
Throughout the history of zelda, Link has had many different appearances (design wise). There are two main reasons for this, 1 graphics in gaming's progression, and a different link in nearly every story, thus making his detailed appearances differ. I am hear making this thread, to find out wich link was (or still is) your fav! So POST POST POST!

Also, you can come hear to disscus PURE link subjectes:chuckle:

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
This is a pretty tough one actually.

Wind Waker Link has by far the most personality out of any Link. I might lean towards that version. Plus he's way kawaii :D

I also like the original LoZ Link, and pink-haired LttP Link.

finalark

SNORLAX
Wind Waker Link. Simply because out of all of the Links he was the only one with characterization that went beyond "he has the triforce of courage, okay?" The rest of the Links are just walls.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I love Toon Link<3 He is so cute, and fierce in Brawl, too. I just wish the DS games were better...

Spire

III
BRoomer

I like the orange hair, the brown sleeves, and the yellow ring on the hat. I'd love for this style to return. It's like a hybrid between OoT/MM and ALttP/LA Link.

AngryMoblyn1881

Smash Journeyman
wasnt WW link the only link that wasnt actually related to any of the other links before him?

AngryMoblyn1881

Smash Journeyman
I thought WW link was the only one definately not related... I'm sure i read that in one of the theory threads
Ya thats what I read on zelda universe once, also there is game evidence... well actually he could be related to the other links no that I think of it. But whats the deal with this guy?

dont some ppl say he is a link, or is a distant relative to him?

X1-12

Smash Champion
Ya thats what I read on zelda universe once, also there is game evidence... well actually he could be related to the other links no that I think of it. But whats the deal with this guy?

dont some ppl say he is a link, or is a distant relative to him?
he's supposed to be a relatvie of the guy who teaches you the abilities in TP, because he knows the hurrican slash or soomething, and they TP guy says its from his ancestor, or something like that

rhan

Smash Hero

I've always liked the artwork of Link from SC2. But the OoT YLink and Link are my faves.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
SC II was so amazing because of him. He was a good character, too. I'm thinking zeldawii's Link has a chance of being my favorite. (Bar Toon Link as I said earlier)

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I said I think, and it's because of the time they're putting into it. TP wasn't all that great, though Link looked alright to me. They have been working on this game forever, that being said there is a good chance he might look amazing.

Of course we all know they're games that are made in 5+ yearspans and still suck, it's just usually they don't.

I didn't mean to make it sound like I knew for sure, but it's just a guess he'll look cool.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
well, hopefully you're right.

yeah, I'm very optimistic about this game in general. I think they're gonna get it right again, finally.

and if they don't I'm gonna buy it anyways...*sigh*

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ Yeah me too. Thing is, Nintendo has been doing very well. I mean Mario is doing fantastic, Metroid has as well. TP would've been epic on GC (keep that in mind), so I mean they haven't been doing too bad. Most people think Star Fox/F-zero is dead...but I've noticed a pattern in how they make games (which is irrelevant), but I'm optimistic over it too. Unless this game marks the downhill of their gaming for a few years, it looks like they've been putting a lot of effort into their stuff so far.

Spire

III
BRoomer
he's supposed to be a relatvie of the guy who teaches you the abilities in TP, because he knows the hurrican slash or soomething, and they TP guy says its from his ancestor, or something like that
But they exist in different timelines. Orca simply teaches you moves, but the Hero's Shade not only teaches you similar moves, but reveals that he is of Link's bloodline. In the Adult Timeline, the Hero of Time's bloodline is non-existant because the Hero of Time is non-existant (physically).

LLDL

Smash Hero
Hero of time link...there is no contest between designs lol.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I'm just beating OoT first time now, and he does look really good in OoT. (Both child and adult)

On Ganons castle now and I've liked his design of tunics as well. The colors and shades look so nice<3.

MattV1

Smash Apprentice
Kind of liking Skyward Link, since he's not as "kiddie", but I get the feeling with the animation-style he'll be more expressive, like TWW Link.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I liked the baggie pants. I'm pretty chill with skyward link.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Skyward Link is now my favorite. I love his design immensely. With the baggy pants and heavy chainmail, he's actually far more realistic than he was in Twilight Princess. Realism does not come in darker textures, it comes in proper weighting.

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style
Whoa...toughies. I love the original Link design though.
I also Like Young Link's, ALTTP Link, Seasons/Ages Link and WW Link designs.

Shesk

Smash Cadet

I found this "Dark Knight" Link and i think they should take this idea because he looks more mature and different

Top Bottom