• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda What is your favorite Zelda dungeon?

Clownbot

Smash Lord
That was the Wind Temple. :p

But I get them mixed up sometimes too. Funny how the winged girl is the Earth Sage and the Tree-Person is the Wind Sage. 9_9

Matt07

Smash Master
The Spirit Temple by far! Like Skyler said, going through as a child, and then as an adult, was a really cool concept. And the music for it was just too good.

MattV1

Smash Apprentice
I honestly can't narrow it down. I'd have to go by game:

LoZ: Level 6
AoL: Swamp Palace
ALttP: Misery Mire
LA: Face Shrine
OoT: Spirit Temple
MM: Stone Tower Temple
OoS: Sword & Shield Maze
OoA: Skull Dungeon
TWW: Earth Dungeon
TMC: Palace of Droplets
TP: Arbiter's Grounds
PH: Mutoh's Temple
ST: Fire Temple

Underload

Lazy
Snowpeak Ruins (TP) is by far my favorite Zelda dungeon. I don't even know why, there's just something about the area, the storyline, the layout, and the boss together that just... fits.

shadowboii

Smash Apprentice
Stone tower in MM.

The moment when the whole world is flipped upside down is the exact moment that I know I cannot put the Zelda series down.

Spire

III
BRoomer
The 2D games' dungeons just aren't memorable at all to me. I don't remember any of them save certain rooms and obstacles here and there, though I have absolutely no idea what dungeons they belong to.

shadowboii

Smash Apprentice
It's harder to remember specific ones in 2D games since they're usually very similar, but OoA has some great dungeons though.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Forest Temple in OoT. That is my favorite.

sir noob

Smash Rookie
I'm torn between MM's Stone Tower and LoZ's Spirit Temple. I love the music and the (forgive the pun) twist that blew my mind. And reaching the top gave you a sense of accomplishment. But then Spirit Temple has Adult Link and Young Link, and gives you 2 items, the Mirror Shield and the Golden Gauntlets. Not to mention fighting Iron Knuckles.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
My favorite is The Great Bay Temple.:) :) :)

But man, I just still hate it. It's so annoying. It's ugly, the enemies range from irritating to really irritating, the navigation was horrible with the pipes and water flow. It definitely didn't make the most out of the Zora mask either.

Beware the Jabberwocky

Smash Apprentice
My glorious list:

1: Spirit Temple (OoT)
2: Sky Temple (TP)
3: Temple #3 (ALttP)
4: Forest Temple (OoT)
5: The Well (OoT... I know, it's not a temple. But it counts as a dungeon!)
6: Jabu Jabu's Belleh! (OoT)

... uh. There's probably more, but I cant think of them all right now. I'll come back and update later!

Spire

III
BRoomer
I just noticed something very peculiar about the Temple of Time's design in Twilight Princess, so I cooked up this image:

The chamber in the ToT above is located at the very "back" of the Temple, effectively hidden from the rest of it. The Pantheon in Rome was designed so that from the outside, you could not see the dome, so upon entering, you would be absolutely bewildered over its divine design. It was supposed to make you feel in awe of the gods, just as the Temple of Time serves.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Well, after getting through it again on TP, I have to say my favorite dungeon is still the Arbiter's Grounds.

They just captured desert + undead really well, and the whole Zant summoning Stallord thing was just really ******.

<3 Arbiter's Grounds.

And the Spinner is an extremely unique item to a Zelda game, always a plus.

UnholyWeapon

Smash Apprentice
Turtle Rock temple from a link to the past

The spirit temple from OoT

and..
the great bay temple from Major's mask.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Forest Temple in OoT.

Primarily for its music, but also because it feels more like an abandoned mansion than a temple.

Mr.Freeman

Smash Ace
Temple of Time, son!

Seems like the closest thing to a church in Zelda, what with the holy choir singing at the entrance.

Atria

Smash Journeyman
Yeeeeearrrgggghhhh! This question is a toughie... XD

Darn. I like too many. Lol. I guess I'll name my top 10.

Turtle Rock (LA)
Angler's Tunnel (LA)
Catfish's Maw (LA) (Fighting the Stalfos Master 4 times in a row was lolz.)
Shadow Temple (OoT)
Spirit Temple (OoT)
Wind Temple (WW)
Great Bay Temple. (MM) (My friend came to me for help on this one. XD)
Turtle Rock (ALTTP)
Arbiter's Grounds (TP)
Skull Dungeon (OoA)

Special Mention
For Lolz: Eagle's Tower (LA): :kirby: as an enemy. (FTMFW. XD)

Spire

III
BRoomer
Temple of Time, son!

Seems like the closest thing to a church in Zelda, what with the holy choir singing at the entrance.
That's because it's based on the Roman Pantheon, which is now a Roman Catholic church. Following the Roman classic period came the Byzantine era, which ushered in a slew of cathedrals built in Roman-like styles, but in honor of the Christian religion rather than Roman paganism. Following the Byzantine era were the Medieval, Romanesque, and Gothic periods which continued to perfect the Christian church. I posted this before, but I'll do so again:

Brawler17

Smash Cadet
Argh... I... dont... know!

It could be anything!

....... I'll just go with OoT's forest temple as my top favorite temple in the world!

It is the temple with the greatest mystery in the game. A weird, topsy-turvy mansion in one of the densest magical forests in all the world. We all know that when a Hylian enters the lost woods, he will become a Stalfos, so how in the world did a huge manmade mansion get into the forest? Why it is there and how it got there is constantly in your mind. Whats more, the temple revolves completely around four magical poe sisters, known only as the "poe sisters." They are as mysterious as the mansion itself. The overall atmosphere in the temple is fantastic. The music feels wild-yet-uniform, perfectly mimicking that the temple is a huge uniform mansion being taken back by the wild woods. The twisted hallways and upside down rooms bring up more questions about the temple's purpose, and point to a more sinister plot.

The temple itself feels bigger and grander than even the Hyrule castle itself, pointing to a more advanced race of people who either died or was consumed by the forest itself. That might be a stretch, but thats how I felt, anyways.

Over all, just a very good temple. It was challenging, it had slightly difficult puzzles, and got an A+ in good wholesome Zelda atmosphere.
i never thought about it like that but i love that temple!
mainly cuz it introduced Phantom Ganon (oot not ww i didn't like ww's) he is my favorite zelda character! :)

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Anyone who said Water Temple (OoT version) is more likely than not a sadist.

Stone Tower and Snowhead were amazing. Forest and Shadow temples for being so unsettling. Whatever the Dragon Roost one was called too and the Fire one in TP.

evileric

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I can easily list my top 10:

1. Forest Temple (OoT)
2. Goron Mines (TP)
3. City in the Sky (TP)
4. Spirit Temple (OoT)
5. Great Bay Temple (MM)
6. Woodfall Temple (MM)
7. Wind Temple (WW)
8. Snowpeak Ruins (TP)
9. Shadow Temple (OoT)