• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is the most akward/disturbing thing to happen to you in a video game?

WaffleBlaster

Smash Journeyman
There are alot of moments in games that leave you either staring puzzlingly, rolling on the floor laughing, or terribly scarred for life, but which ones made you feel the most so?

I have to say the most funny akward moment is on Metal Gear Solid 4, shooting a Gekko with anestetic rounds, turning on "Sea Breeze", which is elevator music, and watching it squirm. Hilarious.

I have to say the most disturbing are the Magypsies from Mother 3. Look it up if you don't already know, SCARRED FOR LIFE:c

finalark

SNORLAX
Most awkward? Right now the only thing that pops into my head is the fact that Tingle has a bunch of people dressed exactly like him enslaved at his tower in Wind Waker.

Most disturbing? Loosing almost all of my team at the end of Mass Effect 2. Made me disturbingly aware of how human I am.

WaffleBlaster

Smash Journeyman
Most awkward? Right now the only thing that pops into my head is the fact that Tingle has a bunch of people dressed exactly like him enslaved at his tower in Wind Waker.

Most disturbing? Loosing almost all of my team at the end of Mass Effect 2. Made me disturbingly aware of how human I am.
I hear that, I agree with both, I was honestly sad at the end of ME2.

I have to say that the Beauty and the Beast Corp is pretty disturbing in MGS4, it's the creepy voices and then realizing that you just killed a tormented young woman who's life was ruined and torn from under her. That is one of the most emotional moments to happen in any game I've played, and it happens 4 different times.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I thought you meant awkward as in going through a game where you randomly wake up in a room with a robot promising you cake and making you kill the companion cube

WaffleBlaster

Smash Journeyman
I thought you meant awkward as in going through a game where you randomly wake up in a room with a robot promising you cake and making you kill the companion cube
I guess it was a bit offbeat, but I think that was just the genius behind it. I meant more like things that left you wondering "what the hell just happened" or just laughing from the sheer stupidity or wierdness of the situation.

I'd have to say that games that break the forth wall too much *cough cough* Metal Gear Solid *cough cough* really break up the game, though it is kinda funny to think "wow, did that guy just tell me to drop my controller......and read my memory card?" or "Oh thanks Otacon for the random "disc swap" joke, that was really in context" right after a battle with
RAGING WOLF ON SHADOW MOSES, it's sad...=^(
in MGS 4. It goes from being mournful to "HA! HE'S IN A VIDEO GAME! HE SHOULDN'T KNOW THAT! THAT IS FAIRLY HUMEROUS!" and then you remember Konami just smacked you across the face with a 200 pound tuna of a sob story.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
This one wasn't an intentional disturbing moment, but I was playing Ocarina of Time on my old N64. I had started a new file and had just beaten the Deku Tree, I had to do something on the computer real quick, so while the Deku Tree was saying his "last words", I went on the comp. About 10 minutes passed until I noticed the sound began to distort and sound all funky, it was the same tune, just it went deep then high pitched, and started skipping. Then I noticed that Link started disappearing and reappearing and finally disappeared altogether. Seconds after that happened the game froze.

You had to be there, but really it was something that I would expect out of one of those "creepy-pastas". I thought it was just the game, but then I realized that it did the same crashing sequence while I was playing Mario, so I haven't touched the N64 since. Just hoping I can get them on the Wii soon.

WaffleBlaster

Smash Journeyman
This one wasn't an intentional disturbing moment, but I was playing Ocarina of Time on my old N64. I had started a new file and had just beaten the Deku Tree, I had to do something on the computer real quick, so while the Deku Tree was saying his "last words", I went on the comp. About 10 minutes passed until I noticed the sound began to distort and sound all funky, it was the same tune, just it went deep then high pitched, and started skipping. Then I noticed that Link started disappearing and reappearing and finally disappeared altogether. Seconds after that happened the game froze.

You had to be there, but really it was something that I would expect out of one of those "creepy-pastas". I thought it was just the game, but then I realized that it did the same crashing sequence while I was playing Mario, so I haven't touched the N64 since. Just hoping I can get them on the Wii soon.
Wow, sounds kinda like the Haunted Majora's Mask videos on youtube, they are hella creepy!

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Not really rolling on the floor laughing material, but I'd like to point out when Woods (or whoever) put on the sunglasses in Black Ops

HowaitoKumaSan

Smash Apprentice
I've had Ocelot kill me during the torture session in MGS1 because I pressed the button too quickly.

It was kinda flattering, if not completely angering.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Know it's late but wait, if you find the ending of ME2 sad, isn't that just because you mess up a lot of actions and choices and therefore it's your own darn fault?

finalark

SNORLAX
Know it's late but wait, if you find the ending of ME2 sad, isn't that just because you mess up a lot of actions and choices and therefore it's your own darn fault?
To me, this is the reason why ME2's ending is sad. If you mess up, you have to watch your loyal friends who believed in you die because you made poor choices.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
To me, this is the reason why ME2's ending is sad. If you mess up, you have to watch your loyal friends who believed in you die because you made poor choices.
Unless:

Everyone dies. Then it's hilarious!

Joker: Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... They're all dead.... What do I do now?

TiM: Dunno. GOOD LUCK!

Joker: :urg: Hey wait! If you brought Shepard back to life once, can't you do it again?!

TiM::surprised: Sorry, can't hear you, you're :static static: up! :ends transmission:

Joker: ...:glare:

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
You know that scene in Haunting Ground in which Daniella was peering over a sleeping Fiona then waking her up by touching her in an inappropriate spot? Yeah, that scene was awkward enough, but what was worse is that my mom walked in right there and worriedly asked me what I was playing. ._.

Actually, that whole game was pretty disturbing, especially that last villain...

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Side question to those who have played/beaten Mass Effect 2. I'm about 30 hours in and have either 3 or 4 more Crew Members to get:
I have Jacob, Miranda, Jack, Mordin, Kasumi, Grunt, Zaeed, and uh...Samara (I think that's the Justicar's name).

So my question is, is it true that you can wind up having a couple of your Crew Members still hate you even if you're nice to all of them and try to do nice and that "Blue choices" in text aren't always 'good' and "Red choices" in text aren't always 'bad'?
Though, I think I might have botched Zaeed's loyalty mission by opting to save the platform workers and not go right after the guy, but not sure...

Any suggestions that would be well, non-spoiler? And keep in mind I'm playing on an SD TV that has to have my PS3 run through a VCR, so some of the text winds up being a bit blurry because of bad quality picture.

finalark

SNORLAX
The loyalty stuff? Yes, some of your crew members will get into arguments that can loose you loyalty if you pick sides but if you have enough Paragon/Renegade points you can defuse said arguments.

However, if you don't have enough points whoever's side you didn't take will loose loyalty.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, I had that happen with Jack and Miranda where I had to pick one of their sides and Jack's pissed at me. Any way I can like...reverse the situation?

Also...could anybody explain Paragon/Renegade points? I mean, I've tried to get mostly the 'blue' ones (which I guess are Paragon?) and be as nice as possible, but well, I'm obviously trying to avoid a bad ending when I wind up getting there.

finalark

SNORLAX
Also...could anybody explain Paragon/Renegade points? I mean, I've tried to get mostly the 'blue' ones (which I guess are Paragon?) and be as nice as possible, but well, I'm obviously trying to avoid a bad ending when I wind up getting there.
Open your case, look to the right of where the disk slot is. See that booklet? Ever wonder what it's for?

finalark

SNORLAX
Yeah....the PS3 version actually doesn't come with an instruction booklet.
Did you get a used copy or is EA being cheap?

Alright, the blue choices are Paragon choices, diplomatic or kind.

The red choices are Renegade choices, aggressive or blunt.

By performing Paragon or Renegade actions you will get points for either side, in certain conversations the more points you have in each category the more dialog options you have.

Even though I might miss out on certain dialog options I usually stick to saying/doing whatever I would say/do. I prefer to think of it as a way to immerse yourself into the game rather than thinking of it as a mechanic.

EDIT: Also, going Renegade won't nab you a bad ending. Same goes for Paragon. What really matters is if you upgraded your ship and your leadership choices at the end of the game.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Huh...so there actually IS a benefit to all that running around all over the galaxy and getting money to try and afford every upgrade I can possibly get? That's good to know.

finalark

SNORLAX
BACK ON TOPIC TIME!

So was I the only guy who was semi-unnerved by the medical ward part in Bioshock? For me it kind of played on the fear of a strange man you don't know doing whatever the hell he wants to your body while you're knocked out.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Yeah, I had that happen with Jack and Miranda where I had to pick one of their sides and Jack's pissed at me. Any way I can like...reverse the situation?

Get your paragon/renegade up. You can get them back. This happened to me with my first character when I was going to ... Uh... Get an extra cutscene... with Miranda. Then I was like, YOU KNOW WHAT?! I've always liked Tali better. SUCK ON THAT MIRANDA!!

Yes, back to on topic.

Bioshock creeped me out the first time. No lie.

The morgue is where I had to shut the game off. Those places just creep me out.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I remember playing through Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door when I was younger. This was around the time that my brother would always watch me play games and it sucked whenever I played games without voice acting or a lot of text (-_-) because I either had to wait or read aloud; I picked the latter and I may have attached some vocal variety with some characters, lol.

It was at the train part where you have to get a diary for this ghost, but if you read the diary before giving it to him, you get a special game-over scene. Welp, guess what I did? For some reason, it gave me nightmares, even though I didn't find it scary during awake time. btw, I was reading the ghost's voice in a standard, "OooooOOooOoOOo, yoooou should not haaaaave read my diiiiiiaryyyy!" voice and this thing haunted me with those words in my dreams... in my voice!

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I remember playing through Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door when I was younger. This was around the time that my brother would always watch me play games and it sucked whenever I played games without voice acting or a lot of text (-_-) because I either had to wait or read aloud; I picked the latter and I may have attached some vocal variety with some characters, lol.

It was at the train part where you have to get a diary for this ghost, but if you read the diary before giving it to him, you get a special game-over scene. Welp, guess what I did? For some reason, it gave me nightmares, even though I didn't find it scary during awake time. btw, I was reading the ghost's voice in a standard, "OooooOOooOoOOo, yoooou should not haaaaave read my diiiiiiaryyyy!" voice and this thing haunted me with those words in my dreams... in my voice!
That's a little weird/spooky.

For whatever reason I was terrified of Velociraptors from Jurrasic Park. I mean, in the movie, they were a little scary for a kid. But in the game, they were a guaranteed kill if you went into a dark room (even if they weren't in there... >_>).

So I was terrified of dinosaurs. Big whoop, wanna fight about it?

Also, did you know, that Velociraptors can open doors?

Top Bottom