• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is the most akward/disturbing thing to happen to you in a video game?

finalark

SNORLAX
So I was terrified of dinosaurs. Big whoop, wanna fight about it?
Time for a cool story.

Back in the Christmas of 98 my parents got me a PS1 along with Spyro and Dinosaur Crisis. At the time they had no idea what the ESRB was nor the nature of the Dinosaur Crisis series. As far as they knew, it was a game with dinosaurs in it. Kids love dinosaurs so why not let them play a dinosaur game, right? You can all guess how well that went.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Time for a cool story.

Back in the Christmas of 98 my parents got me a PS1 along with Spyro and Dinosaur Crisis. At the time they had no idea what the ESRB was nor the nature of the Dinosaur Crisis series. As far as they knew, it was a game with dinosaurs in it. Kids love dinosaurs so why not let them play a dinosaur game, right? You can all guess how well that went.
Dino Crisis is pretty damn good. <3

But yeah, Dino Crisis is much scarier than Jurassic Park.

More like, Jurassic Evil... Or Resident Crisis...

> >

Sim

Smash Apprentice
Staring puzzlingly - Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

*SPOILERS*

When you learn that you are in fact Darth Revan, the dreaded Sith Lord, who has lost his memory. While the NPCs take their turn explaining about it, I couldn't do anything but mindlessly press (A) and observe in awe.

Rolling on the floor laughing - Many weird things that happen in Free For All random level SSBM games with items had me rolling on the floor laughing really often. :p

Awkward moment 1 - Everything Vanille does in Final Fantasy XIII, including, but not limited to, all the moaning and groaning.
Awkward moment 2 - Your sister's watching you play God of War 3, and Kratos (you) meets Aphrodites in her room, and they end up having sex while 2 handmaidens watch in awe and eventually make out too in front of Kratos' (your) manliness. During all this, you have to mash various buttons on your controller or Kratos fails at giving Aphrodites pleasure. Kinda awkward.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Jurassic Park for the SNES. <3 Such good times.

I actually remember the second Jurassic Park for the SNES more. Then again, the one thing I remember is walking through the shed in the Genesis one and having the raptors hop out. Still, Jurassic Park games got nothing on Dino Crisis 2.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Awkward moment 2 - Your sister's watching you play God of War 3, and Kratos (you) meets Aphrodites in her room, and they end up having sex while 2 handmaidens watch in awe and eventually make out too in front of Kratos' (your) manliness. During all this, you have to mash various buttons on your controller or Kratos fails at giving Aphrodites pleasure. Kinda awkward.
The sister thing makes that awkward.

But I mean, come on. The button stuff just shows how focused you are. Those handmaidens are distracting. ;)

I only played the first 2.

Sim

Smash Apprentice
Yea it's only because the sister's around that it's awkward.

Otherwise it's fine the way it is. :D

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Scariest moment playing a video game was when I was about 10 or 11 playing a game called "D" for Sega Saturn. It's basically about a girl who gets trapped in a hospital by her lunatic of a Dad and has 2 hours to escape.

There's one scene where she enters a living room (and with the game being 1st person) and notices a poster on the wall. The poster is that of a little girl sitting on a chair kinda just looking at you with a natural, plain face. However, if you step toward the poster the bone chilling background music kinda softens and the screen slowly and carefully fixates on the poster. After a very brief close-in her placid facial expression turns into a menancing grin. At the same time, the creepiest little girl laugh follows and an eerie tune spikes into your ear simultaneously.

Needless to say I was downstairs by myself in the basement playing and when this happened I literally stood up, threw my controller, and hauled *** with the game still on. Had to get my parents to go downstairs and cut the game off for me.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
That one game for the PC that you get from Steam that is like the scariest thing ever is pretty disturbing and scary :/

Disturbing... I remember being little and playing Castlevania 64 and when I beat this giant skeleton monster and I go on forward, there's this giant monkey gorilla thing that literally beat the crap out of my and make the weirdest noise that gave me nightmares for weeks >_>

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
lol, Omni, the same thing happened with me when I played the Gamecube remake of Resident Evil. The graphics were so good and beginning scene with the dogs was so brutal, but it was when they introduced that first zombie when I thought, "NOPE, TOO SCARY."

Honestly, though, I don't anything has had me as legitimately terrified as Minecraft. "That's a nice everything you got there. Shame if sssssssomthing happened to it."

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I literally got chills from just reading that, Omni. :urg:
WORD. O________O

lol, Omni, the same thing happened with me when I played the Gamecube remake of Resident Evil. The graphics were so good and beginning scene with the dogs was so brutal, but it was when they introduced that first zombie when I thought, "NOPE, TOO SCARY."

Honestly, though, I don't anything has had me as legitimately terrified as Minecraft. "That's a nice everything you got there. Shame if sssssssomthing happened to it."
True story. The first time I turned that game on, the zombie sitting up in the morgue, I said @#$% NO and turned it off.

>____>

I hate morgues...

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
"NOPE, TOO SCARY."
Lmao. Quoted for being the story of my gaming life.

Though recently I was "forced" to play Condemned for the 360 for my LP. Which brings me to perhaps my scariest moment of the game. I'm at work so I can't link you, but there's a part on my episode where the main guys has to climb over a chain (first person). And he does it in a way where his entire head just spins in a 360. Once you finish climbing over the chain and turn around some dude hits you with a chair right in the face and you go flying down an esculator.

I'll show you guys later. But, lol, I screamed so loud.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I remember playing F.E.AR. on the 360 a few years ago, the moments where Alma (the main antagonist) slowly walks towards you in the dark/blood hallway and if she touches you, you instantly die. That game disturbed me. A lot.

Scariest game I've ever played in my life before.

Me playing those parts:

"GET THE **** AWAY FROM ME YOU *****! **** **** **** ****!!!"

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I remember playing F.E.AR. on the 360 a few years ago, the moments where Alma (the main antagonist) slowly walks towards you in the dark/blood hallway and if she touches you, you instantly die. That game disturbed me. A lot.

Scariest game I've ever played in my life before.

Me playing those parts:

"GET THE **** AWAY FROM ME YOU *****! **** **** **** ****!!!"
http://roosterteeth.com/archive/?sid=panics

Matt07

Smash Master
Haha, some of these moments are really good.

Mine would probably be Resident Evil 4...especially the dogs in that game O_o. Also I had a moment with Majora's Mask where I had to leave the basement for 10 minutes before shutting it off xD.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Haha, some of these moments are really good.

Mine would probably be Resident Evil 4...especially the dogs in that game O_o. Also I had a moment with Majora's Mask where I had to leave the basement for 10 minutes before shutting it off xD.
For RE4, are you referring to the part where you're on the military base and you walk into the kitchen and this guy on fire runs out of the oven or something?

That part made me jump out of my seat. :glare:

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I was also deeply disturbed by those Regenerator/Iron Maidens...:urg:

Their red eyes and sinister laughs gave me nightmares for weeks. (Doesn't help that you have to fight a few of 'em in close quarters...)

WaffleBlaster

Smash Journeyman
I was also deeply disturbed by those Regenerator/Iron Maidens...:urg:

Their red eyes and sinister laughs gave me nightmares for weeks. (Doesn't help that you have to fight a few of 'em in close quarters...)
I picked RE4 up for a couple of bucks a few weeks ago, I need to start playing it. A bit off topic, but am I the only one who enjoyed RE5?

WaffleBlaster

Smash Journeyman
RE5 was...okay. Wasn't amazing like RE4 was.
RE4 looks great, and I understand that RE5 is a big departure from the series, but if it wasn't a Resident Evil game then it would get near universal praise. Thats the only reason it doesn't get recognition, because they toned down the horror aspect of a survival-horror, but it is still a good game on it's own with great co-op

finalark

SNORLAX
I remember the first time I played Diablo 1. I was working my way down through the first dungeon when I finally got to the boss' room. I open the door and all I heard is, "FRESH MEAT!" in the most gravely, demonic voice blizzard could produce.

Scared the **** out of me.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
RE4 looks great, and I understand that RE5 is a big departure from the series, but if it wasn't a Resident Evil game then it would get near universal praise. Thats the only reason it doesn't get recognition, because they toned down the horror aspect of a survival-horror, but it is still a good game on it's own with great co-op

I didn't like Resident Evil 5 because the sheer concept of dying by getting gunned down by ZOMBIES in a Resident Evil game is absolutely ludicrous. I mean seriously, you shouldn't be getting into shoutouts with the undead aside from the occasional giant gatling gun guy and that should be it.

Top Bottom