• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is the greatest/mysterious phenomenon?

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
My mom losing a diamond off her dads ring(a big one at that)and it mysteriously reappearing later that day.Freaked me and my dad right the f**k out.Seriously i saw it about 4 hours beforehand and it was gone and then it reappeared.

I agree with the dreams thing too.Im always having messed up dreams.

Velox

Smash Ace
Our brain's ability to think and reason.

Theoretical Physics, esp. quantum mechanics, the idea of "space and time", which even Einstein remarks about space being totally uncomprehensible by man, even though we enjoy trying our best. Also, in particular one of the phenomena I'm talking about is how things change when you near the speed of light (time slows down, etc.)

Halo.

I used to think the periodic table was amazing, but then I tore it down knowing that the only real element is the element of surprise.

Oh, and the miracle of evolution is flat out staggering. How organic molecules were able to form RNA and how it has shaped the world of ever living thing to this very day. It's unbelievable how organic beings can evolve in perfect ways and create complicated systems, beauty we are only now understanding. Think of the evolution of the brain, among many other things, from just some combining elements on the periodic table... staggering how they were able to "know" how to build a brain...

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
Cryptozoology is legit guys, one time I saw a chupacabra, bigfoot, and a werewolf all in one day.
This kid I knew in high school swore that big foot lived in his backyard. I don't know if he was joking or not.

I find the speed at which information travels amazing. It's insane that I can have almost instant conversations with people half-way across the world through the internet.

heytallman

CTALL
I've always been fascinated with the universe. Mainly the fact that it is just so big, and is full of so many beautiful things (Fomahaut is amazing, my favorite star). Also, they mystery of things that haven't been discovered yet, and the possibility of other universes are so interesting. If you haven't done so, and are looking for a good book, read 2001: A Space Odyssey, it's an amazing book.

Also, black holes are pretty cool. My physics teacher said that black holes could, in theory, be large enough to engulf entire universes, and that our universe may be one of many sucked up by a single black hole, in something much larger than what we have.

Velox

Smash Ace
Black holes are no mystery, all they do is condense matter to a very small size, however due to Hawking radiation (the fact that some matter on the outskirts radiates away from the hole), black holes are not everlasting. However, it is possible that the universe expands and contracts and reproduces the big bang theory cyclicly...

In fact (well... theory anyways...), if you were to be sucked into a black hole your body would seperate into two halves because of the extreme gravity and difference in it. Then those two halves of your body would seperate into two more halves and so on till your matter is condensed to a very small state.

Also, a fun thought is that there is a very very large black hole in the center of the milky way that if I remember right, all things in the galaxy are revolving around...

espio87

Smash Ace
Black holes are no mystery, all they do is condense matter to a very small size, however due to Hawking radiation (the fact that some matter on the outskirts radiates away from the hole), black holes are not everlasting. However, it is possible that the universe expands and contracts and reproduces the big bang theory cyclicly...

In fact (well... theory anyways...), if you were to be sucked into a black hole your body would seperate into two halves because of the extreme gravity and difference in it. Then those two halves of your body would seperate into two more halves and so on till your matter is condensed to a very small state.

Also, a fun thought is that there is a very very large black hole in the center of the milky way that if I remember right, all things in the galaxy are revolving around...
it's a mystery for me because I just can't visualize it. I try, but it seems illogical and bizarre. and my most important interrogant regarding blackholes is that I don't know where all the stuff it sucks go. I know that the wormholes are like warps in the universe but I know too that the blackholes are completely different.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
food for though, black holes have a mass of zero and a volume of infinite.(if I read my scientific america right)

and what I read about negative matter(nothing to do with dark or antimatter)

its matter that repels regular matter, (anti gravity in a way)

Top Bottom