• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is the best 2v2 team?

The Star King

Smash Hero
I once used an intentional DK dash attack to knock a Puff into a tornado on Hyrule's second platform for a low % KO. I'm such a pro.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
I actually find uses for luigi's dash attack.

I have successfully used dk's dash attack for something (hits collided and I ended up being able to use it as a uair chain starter)

I always just feel disappointing when using dat utilt. Its like Cfalcon's but literally 10x worse in every aspect

asianaussie

Smash Hero
if you measure moves by risk vs reward, the reward you get from landing luigi's taunt is approximately infinite

hence it is not the worst move in-game

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
ness is a gimping god
Gimping god? Not in teams where he has to use his awful recovery and pray the opponent's partner is dumb enough to let that happen. Unless he has a really good team mate who can wall him. Quite hard though.

And Falcon's recovery is a ton better than Fox's recovery in teams.

Dr_Strangelove

Smash Journeyman
Gimping god? Not in teams where he has to use his awful recovery and pray the opponent's partner is dumb enough to let that happen. Unless he has a really good team mate who can wall him. Quite hard though.

And Falcon's recovery is a ton better than Fox's recovery in teams.
you can't just instantly edgeguard ness in teams, it doesn't happen unless the ness doesn't notice that the enemy's teamy is nearby and doesn't drop down a little bit. if the ness drops down, the edgeguarding teammate will not be able to absorb his recovery and come back, as it either won't reach, or ness' teammate will use the 7000 minutes of time it will take for all this to happen to run over and edgeguard.

ness's recovery is not as bad as people make it out to be in teams. you still have to fully commit one guy to dealing with it, whereas with link a lot of the time you can just ignore him as you know it isn't even POSSIBLE for him to come back.

DMoogle

A$
Unlike, for example, Pikachu, Ness doesn't need to go far off the stage to kill someone, so after gimping, he's not going to have to use his up-B, meaning his recovery isn't going to be as bad (and that's not even putting into consideration the points Dr Strangelove brought up).

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
The only thing Falcon's recovery has going for it (that I haven't seen mentioned (or maybe I have, but skimmed it)) is that if it connects, it can be used again. This is good for when there's a cluster**** offstage, and the only way to recover is to land a Dive to get some extra height, or for helping other teammates out, or just as an extra attack offstage after all jumps have been exhausted (and there's a cluster****).

King Funk, you say he can recover high in teams, with less consequence of punishment. While that may be true, is it not for every single other character?

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
I disagree, I think Samus recovers best low, as with Mario and Luigi.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
my main point for Falcon isn't the recovery, its the ability to help more often than most other characters and to be able to keep pressure and combo quickly.

Also, for Yoshi, my issue with Yoshi in doubles is that Yoshi has difficulty doing combos with other people, my issue with the DJCC is not the recovery but more that I find it easy to punish a Yoshi trying to combo someone and simply use some form of aerial and get Yoshi off the stage quickly. Yoshi can recover well, didn't say Yoshi's recovery is poor.

Froski

Boss of Bosses
Yoshi+Jiggs

me and ninten pulled of some impressive team combos with those two

Blade689

Smash Journeyman
I think the point is that he doesn't have to anymore Funk. Cuz, everyone of note speaks against your points. The other point that escapes your attention is that Battlecow would want C.falc to be good on teams. He has on a first name basis with the guy (Douglas, Doug, Duggy, etc. lolololololol), yet he still admits the flaws of his fav. character.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
I think the point is that he doesn't have to anymore Funk. Cuz, everyone of note speaks against your points. The other point that escapes your attention is that Battlecow would want C.falc to be good on teams. He has on a first name basis with the guy (Douglas, Doug, Duggy, etc. lolololololol), yet he still admits the flaws of his fav. character.
Oh well... Can't convince anyone through posts anyway. =(

I wish there was lower delay for me to play with american players.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Falcon is not good in teams but i dont think he's THAT bad. He has the speed to go here and there easily, to quickly do useful stuff like helping the teammate

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
His speed combined with his total lake of distance attacks is what makes him Thad bad in teams.

Blade689

Smash Journeyman
its true about running into the whole **** thing. If you don't believe me, just run down back allies in the closes major city. See if you get double teamed or not =P =P =P

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Posted this on the other thread as I find it to have relevance here

My personal team tier list (overall), for Hyrule.

Top​
In General: Characters have a combination of a good recovery, solid matchups, and a great gimp game

Pikachu: Gimp potential, can recover, can go off the stage, Great Grab Game, Good shield pressure

Kirby: Gimp potential but slightly worse than Pikachu, can recover, Up tilt is broken enough/high enough priority that it is difficult for the other player to help his teammate, Good shield pressure

Mario: Gimp potential, Up smash kills way too quickly, Fireball pressure, good recovery, up airs are relatively easy to team combo with

High​
In General: Characters have some slight issue holding them back, not terrible in teams but not bad

Fox: Massive shield pressure, lasers, moderate grab game, good team combos, recovery is modest, up smash kills rather early, easy to combo

Falcon: Good shield pressure, great quick combos, good grab game, too easy to gimp, easy to combo

DK: Great grab game, Teams force people to approach, Giant Punch kills very quickly, Up b gimps, easy to combo, good recovery

Medium​
In General: Usually results due to an approach issue or matchup problems

Samus: Has some matchup issues (I.E. Falcon, Pikachu, Fox), Good at team combos, Solid recovery, D-air to Charge Shot is more solid in teams, Grab is slow but very powerful, floaty

Luigi: has a better approach in teams than singles, solid kill potential due to Up B combos, Too floaty, moderately good at team combos, no terrible matchup issues, moderate grab/gimp game

Yoshi: has issues team comboing due to Yoshi's DJC, not a good grab game, DJC's can be interrupted by opponents, Good recovery, Matchup problems (Kirby, Pikachu), good quick combos, Up tilt is a rather good combo move due to its set knockback

Low​
In general: Character's strengths/weaknesses interfere with team combos or approach

Link: Projectiles can interfere with team combos, Bad recovery, easy to gimp, moderate grab game, Quick kill combos, moderately good approach

Ness: Good DJC combos when it is possible to approach, health can be recovered, Bad approach, d-air is a moderately good gimp move, has issues team comboing, good shield pressure...when it is possible to approach, What is a recovery?

Jigglypuff: Gets killed WAY too early, Rest's ending lag can be canceled by jabs by team-mate, too floaty, good recovery

In my opinion: Ness and Jigglypuff are possibly equally the worst, Fox can possibly be put in Top. Ness is considered slightly better than Jigglypuff when Ness is teaming with a character who can help his recovery.

Worst teams; Double Ness, Jigglypuff-Ness, Link-Ness, Link-jigglypuff
Best teams: Mario/Pikachu, Fox/Pikachu, DK/Kirby, Kirby/Fox.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
You're probably too good to be here then.

Two Links in the right hands, can get to be really a pain in the ***.

linkoninja

Smash Journeyman
lulz I used to hate the Smash 64 community but now I'd agree that you guys might be 10x more chill than the Melee or Brawl backrooms.

Mahie

Smash Lord
On Hyrule : Pikachu + Pikachu or Fox + Pikachu

On DreamLand : Pikachu + Pikachu or Pikachu + Falcon.

I think Kirby in teams is not that good. He's good at edgeguarding alright but his average speed and his overall campy style make 2v1ing his partner easier.

Top Bottom