• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is the best 2v2 team?

tphillips09

Smash Rookie
Which two characters are the best as a 2v2 team when played by you and your partner? Why?

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Besides Kirby and Pikachu as an obvious choice, I find Mario and DK pretty good aswell.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
My friends did a super gimp team on me and my not-as-good friend, and chose Ness and Kirby. Ness's ridiculous throw got us off the ledge, and then Kirby was air camping ready to Dair.

Blade689

Smash Journeyman
is team attack on or off when you play?

tournament legal is team attack on. but I know a lot of people who play with it off. which is it yo?

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
1. Pikachu + Pikachu
2. Pikachu + Falcon
3. Pikachu + Kirby
4. Kirby + Falcon
5. Pikachu + Fox

Top 5 best teams in my opinion.

As for me, I use mainly Pikachu + Falcon (with my teammate Bear, who is a Pikachu main).

dandan

Smash Lord
double samus.
nuff said

ta off infinite upb trap too good

Korrupshen

Smash Ace
2 Kirbys ~ U-tilt and dair lulz
Fox and Kirby (w/ fox hat) ~ laser f****try
2 CFs ~ Uair combo gayness
2 DKs for Cargo trapping ~ funny rage faces and comments
Yea... :D

Peek~

Smash Lord
What KFunk said, basically any High tier combo

Some peek combinations I like

Samus + Falcon
Ness + Jiggly
Pikachu + DK
Mario + Fox

Froski

Boss of Bosses
me and koopakool do double kirbs when we want to piss someone off but other than that we do mario bros

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Pikachu + Kirby

Kirby Fthrow>Pikachu Thunder when the fthrow is at its apex for instant kill even at 0%.

Luigi + Luigi is also great for firepunch combos and stuff. Same with Falcon + Falcon.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
I was thinking about it but then realised that most everyone plays with Team Attack on.

blaze3927

Smash Ace
for 2v2 dreamland i'd reckon a good dual DK or DK-weegi or DK-Falcon
for 2v2 hyrule projectile wins. (fox duo, or fox mario, or fox pika.)mario makes for easy saves with fireballs aswell
would be cool to see ness' down b exploited for some serious stockpiling though/

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
Link + Fox.
As Fox won't be that affected by Links projectiles because of shine.

Olikus

Smash Champion
Best: Pika x Pika

Most Fun: Falcon x Flacon, Mario Bros.
Falcon x falcon most fun? :p

The best team imo are PIka x Pika or Pika and kirby. On DL you could use Pika or Kirby with DK allso for a good team. On Hyrule Pikachu and fox/mario.

Blade689

Smash Journeyman
If team attack is on, and your a ness main.......... HEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ness and Samus (full breakfest bigshot meals =P)
Ness and Mario (Tomato soup makes ness feel good)
Ness and Ness (children can play with Fire without being burned)

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I would say Fox and Pikachu, Fox's aerial/laser pressure combined with Pikachu's aerials just works well I have seen.

i find Kirby too floaty to be incredibly good for teams though Kirby would be better than fox if the match was not on Hyrule.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
Yeah, but I also kind of find the Link + Link team sort of indestructible, I've played that before, and it is really fun. lol

Chasintranes

Smash Rookie
I agree with the link and fox team especially, if team attack is off. otherwise the boomerang can be a nuisance. No one has mentioned yoshi yet though, I have 2 friends that play a yoshi-pika team quite well

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Fox in 64 doubles is a character that requires the player to be "the best player on the screen". If he has good enough spacing to escape most attacks (including from his team mate), can use lasers efficiently and without disrupting the team's synergy, and can deal decently/well with any opponent then he is a very good team addition. Double Fox can work on Hyrule if they manage to separate the match into a double 1v1. I still think he's a lot worse than Pikachu, Falcon and Kirby in teams. He's just easily kicked around in all directions and he has trouble doing a lot of damage without getting interrupted. He's still great for team stage control though.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
If you play on n64 then it lags when there are 4 players on the screen. Particularly if they are far away from each other.

And online, 4 people = more lag spikes anyway.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
Oh, yeah, forgot about 4 players on console, of course online it'd lag, but I offten play on PC (offline), so my mind was thinking of that.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
4p online doesn't necessarily lag. I often play lagless teams matches. However as ballin said, since there are more people there's more lagspikes, but that doesn't mean it hinders the fps drastically.

The Star King

Smash Hero
A set of 4 people that doesn't lag is a rarity on Galaxy nowadays, but it can be done.

Top Bottom