• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is the best 2v2 team?

Battlecow

Play to Win
Pika-Pika all the way.

Pika's the best in singles, he's even better in teams, and who needs "teamwork" or any of that silly garbage when you could have two pikas?

I always say that doug is pretty crappy in teams, relative to his tier list position- he dies so easily, and he's a great combo-er and a mediocre gimper (gimps>>>>>>>>combos in teams).

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Yeah, Falcon is really weak in teams. So easy to gimp, especially when you have two *******s out there trying to do it to you. Also, no projectiles = no cherry picking, meaning you gotta charge headlong into battle, which often goes horribly awry when the other team is attacking you from both sides. There really is no safe way to approach a clump of players.

His combos tend to work on a single opponent, and often get disrupted beyond two or three hits, so he's not even that great in comboing when there're Pikachus and fireballs and boomerangs flying around.

And what Battlecow said is 100% correct. Singles is about comboing, teams is about gimping. (Unless you play honorably, like a REAL MAN.)

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Wrong in so many aspects. I don't understand who said Falcon was bad in teams lol.

Yeah, Falcon is really weak in teams. So easy to gimp, especially when you have two *******s out there trying to do it to you. Also, no projectiles = no cherry picking, meaning you gotta charge headlong into battle[/U], which often goes horribly awry when the other team is attacking you from both sides. There really is no safe way to approach a clump of players.
Are you playing Super Comic Book Bros. or Super Smash Bros.? "Charging headlong to battle" lmao. What does that even mean LOL! Charging goes awry? WHAT A SURPRISE! Welcome to Smash 64.

First of all, gimping does not matter. Everyone in the game gets gimped, and in teams you can reduce those instances HEAVILY with a good team mate. If you're offstage, your partner can catch both opponents' attention which allows you to recover. He can also wall them both from the edge. Also, since your opponents won't be fully focused on you, you can recover from as high as possible and you'll actually have a pretty good chance of surviving.

If two guys are purely attacking you and you're getting ***** then either:
- you are bad.
- you're playing teams incorrectly (aka trying to continue your combos, not keeping an eye on everything).
- your team mate is awful.

Being attacked from both sides? What the hell. Do you even understand how teams work? Keeping the center of the stage to you and your partner is actually better than the contrary lol. It means there's nothing between you and your team mate, and that it's harder for your opponents to help each other in case there's a problem.

Also, why would you even need to approach in teams?

Captain Falcon is a punish character in teams. You have to occupy platforms, constantly move around and avoiding stuff unless you see an opportunity to punish. And Falcon gets MASSIVE REWARD doing that. And the whole point about teams is that partners help each other create opportunities. Which is why Pikachu is the best team mate for Falcon.

His combos tend to work on a single opponent, and often get disrupted beyond two or three hits, so he's not even that great in comboing when there're Pikachus and fireballs and boomerangs flying around.
So do all combos in this game. I know I've said the same about Fox but here's what you have to consider. What is more easy to interrupt? A grounded dair + d-tilt + jab combo by Fox, or a high-flying uair combo by Falcon? Of course Falcon's combos can be interrupted, but if you're continuing the combos at the wrong time then it's obviously your own fault, not the character being bad. You have to know exactly when to stop the combo, and when you do, you can then think about how you can punish the guy who wanted to save his team mate. Don't play like an idiot and it'll all go better.

And what Battlecow said is 100% correct. Singles is about comboing, teams is about gimping. (Unless you play honorably, like a REAL MAN.).
Gimps are not honorable... but comboes are?

Oh.
My.
God.

Pika-Pika all the way.

Pika's the best in singles, he's even better in teams, and who needs "teamwork" or any of that silly garbage when you could have two pikas?

I always say that doug is pretty crappy in teams, relative to his tier list position- he dies so easily, and he's a great combo-er and a mediocre gimper (gimps>>>>>>>>combos in teams).
I just noticed you started this whole thing. o_o

What the ****, lol. If you wanna play teams someday I'll teach you stuff if you want, because you really can't have played teams much to make such a statement. >_>

Mahie

Smash Lord
All character combinations are viable, in my opinion, victory is much less character-related than in singles.

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
Honestly though DK is my favorite character in dubs by far... His bthrow works wonders on separating opponents and his range is great for it. You just have to worry about being combo'd twice as hard.

Blade689

Smash Journeyman
I'm playing super comic bros. Its awesome, the only problem is that it takes like 2 days to get an attack done. Luckily, the other player can't move.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Well, I'm not going to be as outrageous as King Funk in my opinion of Falcon (him thinking Pika + Falcon is the second best team), but I see his point. I feel like Falcon is a character who shines with good teamwork. If you're the kind of team that plays the "do mini 1v1s without much teamwork and beat them because we're better" style, Falcon will likely suffer.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I haven't been able to play teams years but I'd imagine a good Pika + Yoshi would ****.

Both are hard to edgeguard, rack up a lot of damage, and have great kill moves.

Dr_Strangelove

Smash Journeyman
I find that samus is the best thing ever for teams. You very rarely get to perform combos in teams, people just interrupt you as soon as you get into any sort of flow. Samus also happens to be ridiculously good at finishing combos that other people have started, is a brilliant edgeguarder and has a fairly tasty recovery.

so for me, mario and samus.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Well, I'm not going to be as outrageous as King Funk in my opinion of Falcon (him thinking Pika + Falcon is the second best team), but I see his point. I feel like Falcon is a character who shines with good teamwork. If you're the kind of team that plays the "do mini 1v1s without much teamwork and beat them because we're better" style, Falcon will likely suffer.
Pika + Falcon is really an absurdly good team in my experience, but I can understand people who don't like the combination too much.

I think Falcon is tied 2nd best team character with Kirby because they're good for two different types of teams:
  • Kirby is better if he's paired up with a rather independent team mate, that can lead and doesn't need too much assistance. Kirby is a massive damage powerhouse in teams, but he is quite slow and can't really save quickly, so he shouldn't be forced to do so.
  • Falcon is better to provide real assistance and help to the other player. With his great ground speed, vertical speed and moveset, he is excellent at interrupting dangerous situations of any kind. Combining that to his big weakness to combos, he is mainly suited for teams with good synergy and teamplay.

Sangoku

Smash Master
In my little experience, my Falcon is horrible and my Fox is good (while my Falcon is better than my Fox in 1v1). Also I've always felt that gimps>combos in teams. But before King Funk gets pissed, let me say that it's precisely because of lack of team work.

To be honest, except from Bear I don't think I've played with good teams player (with me or against me), which is why I find teams really boring... And how would you train that?

And of course I'm not even talking about the amount of lagspikes per seconds and ds per game...

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Wrong in so many aspects. I don't understand who said Falcon was bad in teams lol.

Are you playing Super Comic Book Bros. or Super Smash Bros.? "Charging headlong to battle" lmao. What does that even mean LOL! Charging goes awry? WHAT A SURPRISE! Welcome to Smash 64.

First of all, gimping does not matter. Everyone in the game gets gimped, and in teams you can reduce those instances HEAVILY with a good team mate. If you're offstage, your partner can catch both opponents' attention which allows you to recover. He can also wall them both from the edge. Also, since your opponents won't be fully focused on you, you can recover from as high as possible and you'll actually have a pretty good chance of surviving.

- you are bad.
- you're playing teams incorrectly (aka trying to continue your combos, not keeping an eye on everything).

Being attacked from both sides? What the hell. Do you even understand how teams work? Keeping the center of the stage to you and your partner is actually better than the contrary lol. It means there's nothing between you and your team mate, and that it's harder for your opponents to help each other in case there's a problem.

Captain Falcon is a punish character in teams. You have to occupy platforms, constantly move around and avoiding stuff unless you see an opportunity to punish. And Falcon gets MASSIVE REWARD doing that. And the whole point about teams is that partners help each other create opportunities. Which is why Pikachu is the best team mate for Falcon.

So do all combos in this game. I know I've said the same about Fox but here's what you have to consider. What is more easy to interrupt? A grounded dair + d-tilt + jab combo by Fox, or a high-flying uair combo by Falcon? Of course Falcon's combos can be interrupted, but if you're continuing the combos at the wrong time then it's obviously your own fault, not the character being bad. You have to know exactly when to stop the combo, and when you do, you can then think about how you can punish the guy who wanted to save his team mate. Don't play like an idiot and it'll all go better.

Oh.
My.
God.

What the ****, lol. If you wanna play teams someday I'll teach you stuff if you want, because you really can't have played teams much to make such a statement. >_>
holy ****

some more words

Flippeh

Smash Rookie
Lol@Dcs, I agree. That's all link's good for. Throwing stuff that makes people rage.

I personally think DK+luigi or mario + luigi

DK + luigi

DK grabs and throws while luigi flamepunch/dairs.

Mario + luigi

Dair all the way :3

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
To be honest, except from Bear I don't think I've played with good teams player (with me or against me), which is why I find teams really boring... And how would you train that?
Just practice together with your partner I guess.

The awesome thing about first time I played together with Bear is that our synergy was immediately great. xD

Battlecow

Play to Win

- you are bad.

Oh.
My.
God.

Wow, what the ****. You are the most arrogant son of a ***** I've ever had the misfortune of meeting. I'm kind of too shocked to be funny so I'll just let you pick a couple of your favorites from this list:

-Chill the **** out

-Learn the difference between truly stupid/ridiculous opinions and ones that you just disagree with

-When you're correct, learn to communicate this information without being, as we call it in the medical field, a **********

-Refrain from fellating yourself on forums whenever possible

-Learn that sometimes, you can take a little criticism of your favorite Super Smash Bros. character without your head bursting into flames.

vis a vis the actual argument, which you kind of glossed over in favor of RAGE, you seem to have mostly read Semp's post and noticed part of mine as a result, but nevertheless-

Doug is easy to kill. He loses stock faster in teams than, say, samus, although this is of course dependent on playstyle and skill (if you dispute the idea that certain characters "die quicker" than others, play a couple of teams matches with a good link and then a couple with a good samus/yoshi). This is a result of him being comboable, with a fairly predictable and gimpable recovery. This is more detrimental in teams than in singles, IMO, because in teams, you rarely have time to complete long combos. Yes, this is detrimental to Fox, perhaps more so than to Doug, but when compared with other characters, Doug's affected at a relatively high level because of the unusual length of his combos. As well as this, gimping IS more prevalent in teams, relative to combos, as a source of kills than it is in singles. While gimps do get interrupted by partners, the fact that it's taking place offstage makes it rarer. No, I'm not saying that gimps are unmanly or anything. Just that they happen more (relatively) in teams, and that Doug is more affected by this than most of the cast, because while pikachu benefits a lot from 02D's being left unfinished with pikachu knocked off the stage a ways, Doug's probably going to die anyways.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Doug is easy to kill. He loses stock faster in teams than, say, samus, although this is of course dependent on playstyle and skill (if you dispute the idea that certain characters "die quicker" than others, play a couple of teams matches with a good link and then a couple with a good samus/yoshi). This is a result of him being comboable, with a fairly predictable and gimpable recovery. This is more detrimental in teams than in singles, IMO, because in teams, you rarely have time to complete long combos. Yes, this is detrimental to Fox, perhaps more so than to Doug, but when compared with other characters, Doug's affected at a relatively high level because of the unusual length of his combos. As well as this, gimping IS more prevalent in teams, relative to combos, as a source of kills than it is in singles. While gimps do get interrupted by partners, the fact that it's taking place offstage makes it rarer. No, I'm not saying that gimps are unmanly or anything. Just that they happen more (relatively) in teams, and that Doug is more affected by this than most of the cast, because while pikachu benefits a lot from 02D's being left unfinished with pikachu knocked off the stage a ways, Doug's probably going to die anyways.
OK I was indeed a bit too angry before so I'll elaborate better.

If you're good with Falcon in teams, you won't lose stocks fast. In fact, playing him correctly sometimes makes a tank out of him. With a good team mate of course.

The fact you can't usually finish Falcon combos is not a big problem. Nobody can really finish them in teams anyway. And Falcon is not ALL about combos. You should only ever start a combo if you're confident enough that you will not get interrupted, either because your team mate is keeping the 4th player at bay, or because you're on Hyrule and the 4th player won't ever get to you in time. And as I already said, Falcon's basic uair combos take him high in the air which makes it even harder for opponents to get to him. Falcon can also do more horizontal angled combos with fair, nair and other options to mix it up. But indeed, as I said, you don't ever really do combos in teams unless it's guaranteed, and even if you start them at the wrong moment, just stop them yourself in due time.

"Affected at a high level" is hard to believe if "high level" are people who don't even know how to stop their own combos. xD

Falcon is therefore mostly hit and run, but guess what: that alone makes him amazing. He's the best punish and support character in team matches (aside from Pikachu who is best at everything) in the game. If you play as safely as possible, baiting your opponents to come to you, avoiding them, waiting patiently by using the platforms, punishing them and have your team mate create opportunities, he's a total beast.

Let's talk about gimping, because according to you, that's all that matters. Falcon has pretty solid gimping options unlike what some people here think. If paired up with a player who can cover his recovery and wall other people well, then he's a dangerous gimper. He can confidently go offstage and bair/reverse uair most of the cast and then come back with his much underrated recovery. But I'll be the first to admit that when I play team matches I prefer to rely on my Pikachu partner to gimp people while I hold the edge because it's more efficient. I can reliably edgeguard most characters that avoid Pikachu with an edgehop aerial (usually dair). And remember when I talked about how his speed allows him to reach anything better than other characters? Take this situation: when one of your opponents gets hit by a kill move at high % on Hyrule but survives, who's gonna be the first character to be able to reach him and gimp/edgeguarding him? Your Falcon.

Gimps are harder to prevent than combos, that's true. However, if you take things as they are, Falcon's recovery is really not bad at all. Fox, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Ness, Samus, Link and maybe even Jigglypuff and Luigi (partner dependent) all have weaker recoveries than him in team matches. And in the cases you can't get back to the stage, a good Pikachu partner can help you out with a reverse uair or bair. =)

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
DK + DK

U HOLD I SMASH

nobody gets this joke

in reality probably pika + kirby or pika + pika
Annoying teir
DK+DK (OKAY I THROW HIM U CATCH HIM OR WE CAN JUST STAND AND CONGO HOLD HIM ALL DAY :troll: )
DK for best quarterback ever
Pika+Pika (OKAY LET'S BOTH SPAM BAIR ON DREAMLAND; AIR TIGHT DEFENSE :troll: )
Kirby+Pika (OKAY U UTILT AND SIT THERE AND I GIMP ALOT, IF I MISS THE GIMP YOU SPIKE HIM :troll: )
Fox + Fox (OKAY HE PICKED HYRULE ALRIGHT YOU GO TO THAT LEDGE AND I GO TO THAT LEDGE AND WE BOTH SPAM LASERS AND RUN AWAY; AIR TIGHT DEFENSE :troll: )
Link + Link (SPAM BOOMERANG :troll: )

Fun Teir
CF + CF
Samus + Samus

Meh tier
everyone else and the other matchups

also coolest combo team setups are

CF with anyone
Fox with anyone
Pika with anyone

Battlecow

Play to Win
OK I was indeed a bit too angry before so I'll elaborate better.

If you're good with Falcon in teams, you won't lose stocks fast. In fact, playing him correctly sometimes makes a tank out of him. With a good team mate of course.
If you're good with anyone, you won't lose stocks fast. No doubt Boom could go through most people with his doug without losing more than a stock or two, if he was partnered with someone good. But I still think he dies pretty fast, all players being equal.

The fact you can't usually finish Falcon combos is not a big problem. Nobody can really finish them in teams anyway. And Falcon is not ALL about combos. You should only ever start a combo if you're confident enough that you will not get interrupted, either because your team mate is keeping the 4th player at bay, or because you're on Hyrule and the 4th player won't ever get to you in time. And as I already said, Falcon's basic uair combos take him high in the air which makes it even harder for opponents to get to him. Falcon can also do more horizontal angled combos with fair, nair and other options to mix it up. But indeed, as I said, you don't ever really do combos in teams unless it's guaranteed, and even if you start them at the wrong moment, just stop them yourself in due time.
No, doug isn't all about combos. But they're a large part of his game. And no, not all of them will get interrupted. But some of them will. What I'm saying isn't that doug is completely useless in teams because his combos, which are all he consists of, never work. It's that the teams-related interruption or prevention of combos affects him more than it does most other characters.

"Affected at a high level" is hard to believe if "high level" are people who don't even know how to stop their own combos. xD
I meant heavily affected. My bad; awkward phrasing. In my defense, I was high on pain meds when I wrote that.

Falcon is therefore mostly hit and run, but guess what: that alone makes him amazing. He's the best punish and support character in team matches (aside from Pikachu who is best at everything) in the game. If you play as safely as possible, baiting your opponents to come to you, avoiding them, waiting patiently by using the platforms, punishing them and have your team mate create opportunities, he's a total beast.
He's very good at punishing and supporting, it's true.

Let's talk about gimping, because according to you, that's all that matters. Falcon has pretty solid gimping options unlike what some people here think. If paired up with a player who can cover his recovery and wall other people well, then he's a dangerous gimper. He can confidently go offstage and bair/reverse uair most of the cast and then come back with his much underrated recovery. But I'll be the first to admit that when I play team matches I prefer to rely on my Pikachu partner to gimp people while I hold the edge because it's more efficient. I can reliably edgeguard most characters that avoid Pikachu with an edgehop aerial (usually dair). And remember when I talked about how his speed allows him to reach anything better than other characters? Take this situation: when one of your opponents gets hit by a kill move at high % on Hyrule but survives, who's gonna be the first character to be able to reach him and gimp/edgeguarding him? Your Falcon.
He can do good stuff, sure. In some situations, he's the best at what he does, and what he does isn't very nice (SNIKT!) but there are also situations where he doesn't excel, and he's certainly not one of the most dangerous gimpers, when a teammate could run over at any time and countergimp him if he goes out too far.

Gimps are harder to prevent than combos, that's true. However, if you take things as they are, Falcon's recovery is really not bad at all. Fox, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Ness, Samus, Link and maybe even Jigglypuff and Luigi (partner dependent) all have weaker recoveries than him in team matches. And in the cases you can't get back to the stage, a good Pikachu partner can help you out with a reverse uair or bair. =)
Yoshi's is better than his, especially in teams (This seems obvious to me; I'm interested in hearing your rationale for that one. Yoshi's is longer and, for the most part, ungimpable without careful planning). DK's is a maybe, because the edgeguarding in teams is so hectic that the Kong's invinciframes will often allow him to escape where a premeditated 'guard would slay him. Samus' is definitely better, with that priority on the up-B and cool horizontal range.

So Link, Fox, and Ness are inferior to him. In other words, the fourth best character has the fourth worst recovery in teams; I'd call that pretty bad.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Yoshi's is better than his, especially in teams (This seems obvious to me; I'm interested in hearing your rationale for that one. Yoshi's is longer and, for the most part, ungimpable without careful planning). DK's is a maybe, because the edgeguarding in teams is so hectic that the Kong's invinciframes will often allow him to escape where a premeditated 'guard would slay him. Samus' is definitely better, with that priority on the up-B and cool horizontal range.

So Link, Fox, and Ness are inferior to him. In other words, the fourth best character has the fourth worst recovery in teams; I'd call that pretty bad.
All you said was "Falcon has good points but he also has bad points.". Doesn't really matter lol, every character has bad points, I'm just saying Falcon has a lot more good points than other characters.

And recovering or not is mostly about how smart your team mate is at covering it and how proficient your opponents are at edgeguarding/gimping in teams. I'm used to teaming with really good players so I might be biased.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Imo, here is my character list overall. I find gimping recovery, to be much more of a priority on Dreamland while on Hyrule, it is more important to be able to properly approach/recover

Hyrule

High:
Pikachu: Gimp potential, very good priority/great recovery, is the best in 1v1's
Fox: Massively good pressure character, good team combos, laser camping, good priority
Kirby: Gimping, very high priority, good recovery, Up tilt has enough of a range to prevent opponents from helping
Mario: Gimp potential, good recovery, Great combos, good priority.

Medium:
Falcon: Combo machine, too easy to gimp, great at assists as Falcon can simply speed through
DK: Great gimp character, good recovery
Samus: Survives forever, has issues in a 1v1, escapes combos easily
Ness with a mario/Samus/Fox user: Recovery, priority, good throw, Range is poor, terrible recovery

Low:
Yoshi: good at recovering/getting out of combos, has issues comboing with other characters, bad with gimping, good shied pressure
Luigi: Up b is a great killing move, low range, floaty, moderately good recovery
Jigglypuff: way too easy to kill, too floaty to assist, moderately bad range, good recovery, if a rest occurs, the other player can jab to prevent a punish
Ness without a Mario/Samus user: Range is poor, terrible recovery, low range, good grab, good priority,
Link: Projectiles intefere, bad recovery, good pressure

Dreamland
High:
Pikachu: Gimp potential,very good priority/great recovery, is the best in 1v1's
Kirby: Gimping, very high priority, good recovery, Up tilt has enough of a range to prevent opponents from helping
Mario: Gimp potential, good recovery, Great combos, good priority.
DK: Great gimp character, good recovery

Medium:
Falcon: Combo machine, great at assists as Falcon can simply speed through, quick good combos, too easy to gimp,
Samus: Survives forever, has issues in a 1v1, escapes combos easily
Fox: Massively good pressure character, good team combos, laser camping doesn't work nearly as well, good priority, moderate recovery
Luigi: Up b is a great killing move, low range, floaty, moderately good recovery
Ness with a mario/Samus/Fox user: Recovery, priority, good throw, Range is poor, terrible recovery

Low:
Yoshi: good at recovering/getting out of combos, has issues comboing with other characters, bad with gimping, good shied pressure
Jigglypuff: way too easy to kill, too floaty to assist, moderately bad range, good recovery, if a rest occurs, the other player can jab to prevent a punish
Ness without a Mario/Samus user: Range is poor, terrible recovery, low range, good grab, good priority
Link: Projectiles intefere, bad recovery, good pressure

Korrupshen

Smash Ace
Yoshi kicks so much *** in teams I got left over stocks :D
except vs supah pr0z

I love Jiggs vs falcon. Jiggs **** falcon....I be like "dat don't work" when they Uair combo(Knocks me too high :D). I be tryna use melee jiggs metagame in 64 and it be workin most of the time.
except on the supah pr0z......again

The Star King

Smash Hero
Just noticed this, wat. I'm pretty sure every character you mentioned except Link and maybe Ness has a better recovery than Falcon in teams. Yoshi, Samus, Puff and Luigi DEFINITELY have better recoveries than Falcon in teams, can't believe somebody thinks otherwise.

Korrupshen

Smash Ace
@Jirachi friend

Falcon has a better recovery he can falcon punch which gives him a little horizontal push, double jump and he can up-special. Yoshi recovery is bad compared to falcons since he can only double jump back on to the stage. Even though he can double jump high back to the stage he can easily get spiked if his enemy gets over him. There is no way that Yoshi can recover doing a aerial w/ his double jump already done and touch the ledge when knocked horizontally from t the stage from a far distance (unless he's hit and regains his ability to double giving him a chance to hit his opponent and make it back on the stage. However, if that doesn't happen its no good. Once he aerials and is close to the ledge he won't be able to grab it. Another thing that hurts Yoshi is when his ability to double jump is canceled when knocked off the stage. No way to get back on. That's what kills me the most, but it doesn't happen to often. Doug wins....... imo

BTW this is coming from a guy whose played Yoshi for a while and still continues to.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I would respond more thoroughly but I can barely comprehend your post.

From what I can decipher:
-"Even though he can double jump high back to the stage he can easily get spiked if his enemy gets over him."
Easily? Only at high percents. Super armor bro.

-"Another thing that hurts Yoshi is when his ability to double jump is canceled when knocked off the stage. No way to get back on. That's what kills me the most, but it doesn't happen to often."
Yeah, like you said, it shouldn't happen often at all with a good Yoshi.

-"BTW this is coming from a guy who plays Yoshi for a while and still continues to."
I don't care. I play Yoshi too.

I didn't understand basically this entire part:

There is no way that Yoshi can recover doing a aerial w/ his double jump already done and touch the ledge when knocked horizontally from t the stage from a far distance (unless he's hit and regains his ability to double giving him a chance to hit his opponent and make it back on the stage. However, if that doesn't happen its no good. Once he aerials and is close to the ledge he won't be able to grab it.
Anyways, it sounds to me like you're forgetting about the best thing about Yoshi's recovery, his super armor, which you didn't mention at all. It makes him nearly invulnerable to low percent gimps.

Korrupshen

Smash Ace
his super armor, which you didn't mention at all. It makes him nearly invulnerable to low percent gimps.
That's because I'm always playing with a Yoshi that seems to wear off his super armor before he reaches the stage or doesn't know how to super armor period. Haven't played a nice Yoshi in a while, but I saw a couple. A good Yoshi I saw recently was Shablivion's Yoshi. Super Armor doesn't change my opinion about Falcon being better. I still think Yoshi is better on stage while falcon is better off. Again my opinion.

Don't worry about that other part. I had a hard time trying to explain it so just forget what I just said

Dr_Strangelove

Smash Journeyman
ness is actually good in teams, nobody in their right mind will go far enough offstage to gimp him like they would do in singles (unless the partner is otherwise engaged or miles away, or you're pika), they will just get edgehogged by the partner. He can keep coming back if the edgeguarder keeps hitting him off, until the partner comes to help or the edgeguarder screws up. plus his recovery can catch people out if their partner is distracting or pressuring the edgeguarder, and it hits really hard.

ness is a gimping god. also if he catches someone in a djcuair spam type thing it is pretty hard to intervene as it happens so fast. before you know what happened you're on a MILLION percent

Korrupshen

Smash Ace
I heard Ness D-Tilt has a good edgeguard and that it cancels recoveries . Something like that. Is this true ?
Hasn't played Ness since early 2010

Korrupshen

Smash Ace
Well thats what peek said on Isai stream one time and I wanted 2 know if that was true. Didn't bother to pick up Ness and try it myself. Probably was a joke.....-facepalm-

DMoogle

A$
Ness D-Tilt is a contender for most worthless move in-game.
I strongly disagree, his d-tilt is actually fairly useful at edges. Its hitbox works well at the very ledge, it's really fast (not sure about start-up lag, but I'm pretty sure ending lag is lower than his jab), and I think it has constant knockback, which allows for you to easily follow up with a spike.

Top Bottom