• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is one question that shouldn't be asked and why?

Death

Smash Lord
I am currently filling out an application to a university and one of the questions on the application is this. I was wondering if anyone had any creative ideas as to how to answer this question. I feel it is so open ended and I do not know what they want as the answer.

I thought of answering, "What is in my subconscience?" because this could lead to some interesting points made but I do not know if it is a strong enough answer???

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
The point of a college essay is that they aren't looking for a specific answer.

Death

Smash Lord
Yes I know this, but I mean come on, I can write ANYTHING and it won't sound bogus? Like I could just reply, "What is one question that shouldn't be asked and why?" would be the question and that wouldn't be very creative now would it?

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
It doesn't matter what question you pick, but remember that they are also asking you "why?". Your explanation of "why" is what matters. Make that part creative.

That said, I can't think of any good answers to it right now. Maybe I'll revisit this when I'm rested and refreshed!

sammy p

Smash Lord
Yes I know this, but I mean come on, I can write ANYTHING and it won't sound bogus? Like I could just reply, "What is one question that shouldn't be asked and why?" would be the question and that wouldn't be very creative now would it?
i....uh..... i was gonna suggest this question.... :( but nevermind now

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I always though the question "Why do you think you should go here" was kinda silly.

It shouldn't matter,if your going to a college then your going because you think its the right/best one.Other reasons don't really matter because its personal opinion after that.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
You could answer with "why vote?", "why bother?" or "why try?" to show that you appreciate imperative and take advantage of opportunity. This would show that you value the important things we are blessed with in our free society like the power to vote, or that you understand that life is what you make of it and success is something you must achieve yourself.

GOD!

Smash Ace
you could say something like, "In the right context, all questions should be asked. When an individual is afraid to ask questions, he or she places a ceiling on how much the mind will grow." Or something like that. They're probably trying to tell if you can think creatively, or if you're just another random kid who's going to go to the school and be drunk for four years while being supported by his parents.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I wouldn't avoid answering the question. I would pick a question that shouldn't be asked, and explain why.

Ryan Ludovic

Smash Journeyman
I actually agree with GOD! here, that is answering the question. And it's a good answer that both stands out, and makes you look good.

S l o X

Smash Champion
People over exaggerate the age question, I find it perfectly fine. ******* if you think its rude, especially if you think its only rude for women. Sexist freaks.

The income question is probably the worst though, considering I come from a pooooor familia I find it worst if asked.

.Marik

is a social misfit
"Where did you contract that particularly bad case of genital herpes?"

Or something along those lines.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
I think other people already made better answers to me, but if I was writing this I would probably choose this answer:

A question you shouldn't ask is a question you don't want the answer to. I'd then talk about how this is different for different people and talk through a few examples and why they don't apply to me. Then I'd end with my personal answer.

As long as you say something interesting and back up your points well it should be fine though.

Top Bottom