• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is a legitamate JV 4 stock??

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.Hills.Finest

Smash Journeyman
lol this is hillarious, to think we came up with this **** like almost 6 years ago... the way we orignially made it went like this *example* ur owning someone the whole time, then they manage to get one stock off u, then usually u would kill them before your invincibily even ran out, so the traditional way is always 0% no johns... but u can still degrade someone and argue(to make them mad of course) for only landing a laser or some **** to try n prevent ur jv stock beating... we got the idea cause if jv would beat u with 1 stock right after he respawned, hed say well thats a "solid set" might as well be 2 stock since I wasnt gonna take any damage etc.. and we started saying the same **** to him in any scenario...comedy, it spread from michigan allll across the globe... lol memories

ycz12

Smash Ace
Also some other things to think about:

What if you're Ness or Lucas and you absorb a projectile to heal down to 0%, then win the match without getting hit again?
What if you get hit by an attack that does 0 damage, like parts of Samus' and Peach's up-B's sometimes do in Melee? What about "glancing blows" in Brawl?
What if you have 0% and die, then don't take any more damage? What if you're at 0% and you die at the same time as your opponent's last stock?

A.Hills.Finest

Smash Journeyman
Also some other things to think about:
What if you're Ness or Lucas and you absorb a projectile to heal down to 0%, then win the match without getting hit again?
then no johns, its a jv *insert appropriate # here* stock

What if you get hit by an attack that does 0 damage, like parts of Samus' and Peach's up-B's sometimes do in Melee?
no johns jv *insert # here* stock

What about "glancing blows" in Brawl?
dunno what that is...sounds like a phantom hit, if it takes % jv stock is void and only arguable, if not then its a jv *insert # here* stock

What if you have 0% and die, then don't take any more damage?
not sure I follow.. if u have 4 stock havent been hit then u sd its technically a jv 4stock since u died.. BUT you have the right to make fun of the loser still and argue it as a jv 5 stock..

What if you're at 0% and you die at the same time as your opponent's last stock?
jv *insert number here* stocked cause that can be argued as a mercy sd or a comedy death...

any more questions? :psycho:

ProdigyKid

Smash Lord
a jv x stock is beating someone with 0% and x-1 stock left.

By glancing blow, I think its those moves that deal like 0.5% damage per hit. In that case, as long as theres that big goose egg, jv x stock.

the last 2 scenarios are so improbable, I'm not sure why one would even care.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
now everyone knows what i jv#stock is.

let us never forget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom