• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What if you met...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snegeo

Smash Rookie
I could be interested in card master so let me know.

Selling:
2 Zeldas
total= 740

Buying:
Snakes cunning = 160
Hyrule temple = 300
Shadow = 180

Total = 100

and the card master thing says open...but w/e

Ronike

Smash Ace
I beat Smash and Snegeo in a 2 v 1 duel. Twas crazy man... I even had to stall out smash!

mask man

Smash Cadet
i just got some practice,i beat the 5 starting duelests in dark duel stories 5 times ^^

Ronike

Smash Ace
... that game is so inaccurate its not even funny...
Sorry Life sux Kash, mines dec. Just saw HP, which was meh except for the fight scene at the end and they killed 8-ish major plotlines, one of which was pretty much blowing up the room of requirement...
Anyways, Ill try and do my job tomorrow, but not promises.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Im up for it... but mask has to get AIM, cause I cant get to MSN right now

I beat Smash Again. I ended up with Black Rose Panther, Super Sonic, Super Shadow (beam sabred), Macbeth, and FD on the field at the end, with Black Rose being the only new addition, so he was rather boned...
Final hit: 4000+3250+750+3200=11200! I think I beat your record Kash...

Fox_Rocks

Smash Journeyman
Smashman, what does Blue Turtle Shell mean when it says "destroys your opponents monster with the highest effect".

Smash Master
Sigh, trying to fix it. Stupid internet. In the meantime, the card.

Partyball
Normal Spell
Pick up three cards from the top of your deck. Reveal them to your opponent. Your opponent chooses one of the cards and adds it to his/her hand. Add the two remaining cards to your hand.

Also, I'm noticing a great lack of S/T removal in this game. I think I'm going to join, but I'm going to wait until all of the kinks are worked out first. Someone needs to make some generic S/T removal. Maybe like:

Klap trap
Pay 1000 lp to activate one of the following effects:
1. Destroy one S/T on the field
2. Negate the activation and effect of one S/T on the field.

Edit: Also, your definition of the term turn is vague. A turn is applied to either player. Meaning that after I go and my opponent goes, that is two turns, not one. Keeping that in mind, some of these cards seem broken. For example, counting the turns as the Yu-Gi-Oh TCG would, Boo could never be attacked. Perhaps you could revise the cards to read as every other of your opponent's turns ala "Swords of Revealing Light" or something like that.

One last edit: How come some people have less than 40 cards? That does not make a legal deck. If it did, then I'll just take the five pieces of Miyamoto and win every time. Also, 3000 starter SCV's is way too few. That's only 100 per card, even if you use all 10 cards in the free pack.

Perhaps everyone who doesn't have 40 cards should make up the difference with this:

Magikarp SCV cost- 0
Normal Spell
You cannot play or set this card. You may have more than two copies of Magikarp in your deck.

Oh, may as well collect my SCV's now. I'd like to join. I'll take pack three. Is there any way to increase my SCV's. I've played Yu-Gi-Oh for a while. What if I made an errata list to make the wording of cards seem less vague?

smashman90

Smash Lord
1048576, congrats for joining. Check page one to find ways to increase your SCV's. May I be the first to duel you?

Edit: While I am at it, I might as well buy some cards. Let's see, I had 118 scv's, then I got 100 from losing to sneg, then 200(I think) on the 2 vs. 1 duel with Ron, then another 100 from dueling Ron again. So that should get me 518 if I am not mistaken.

I will sell:
Groudon-110 SCV
Groudon's Wrath- 175 SCV
Pokeball- 150

That should give me 953 SCVs

Then I'll buy:

(2) Abra= 613 SCVs left
(1)Macbeth= 253 SCVs left
(1) Snake's Cunning= 93 SCVs left

And that will be it for now.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Welcome! We do have a number of counter cards, you'd just have to look thru. The two that immediately come to mind are Nayru's Love and Exploding Crate. Now, for your deck ?'s...
One last edit: How come some people have less than 40 cards? That does not make a legal deck. If it did, then I'll just take the five pieces of Miyamoto and win every time. Also, 3000 starter SCV's is way too few. That's only 100 per card, even if you use all 10 cards in the free pack.

Perhaps everyone who doesn't have 40 cards should make up the difference with this:

Magikarp SCV cost- 0
Normal Spell
You cannot play or set this card. You may have more than two copies of Magikarp in your deck.

Oh, may as well collect my SCV's now. I'd like to join. I'll take pack three. Is there any way to increase my SCV's. I've played Yu-Gi-Oh for a while. What if I made an errata list to make the wording of cards seem less vague?
People have less than 40 cards for the reason you also mentioned: so that they can play. If they had to do the magikarp thing, that would almost make it worse. As for the exodia thingy, good point... Perhaps a new rule? You cant buy the head of the forbidden one until you have at least 39 cards.

Now, as for making SCVs, you make 300 per day, 100 per loss, 200 per win (the last two are double in 2v2 or 2v1 duels), and the miscellaneous stuff like for making cards and jobs and stuff like that. Which brings me to another point, smash, you have I think 1740 more than whatever you said you have due to daily totals.

smashman90

Smash Lord
Oh yeah that's right! I haven't been keeping track. I guess I'll add 1740 to the rest of my scv's just to be fair. That makes it 1833 SCVs. I guess I'll buy more cards!

Buying:
(1) Final Smash = 1183 SCVs
(1) Proximity mine= 883 Scvs
(2) Omega Metroid= 293 SCVs left

What are the prices for the Metroid Egg and Metroid Family cards?

Smash Master
I still need to browse through the cards and set up an instant messaging mechanism of some sort. Anyway, I think you should have a minimum 40 card deck before you start. If you have fewer than 40 cards, you have a distinct advantage because you have a greater chance of drawing the right card than your opponent. Also, Macbeth and that Radar detector thingy are incredibly broken. Does anybody remember Jinzo? It's like a Jinzo that only applies to the opponent that can easily be dropped on turn one. Sorry for whining before ever having played a game, but you should have never let these cards through. They break the game, and duels are going to come down to whomever draws the first Macbeth. Basically, every deck is going to require 2 macbeth and 2 nayru's love just to stop opposing macbeths. It's going to be worse than Yata. Trust me on this, I'm very experienced with Yu-Gi-Oh. I'm going to play-test tonight. In a few days I hope to have an errata list out. For example, that card that says "Revive one monster from the grave" should read, "Select one monster from your graveyard. Special summon the selected monster to the field in face-up attack or defense position."

Ronike

Smash Ace
Alright, how bout this:
One Macbeth or Radar Jammer per deck? Only one, not both.

Yeah... I just got ***** but Snegeo and Smash in a 2v1... terrible draws that time...

Smash Master
Okay, I'm starting the errata list. This list is for cards which have vague wording, or whose effects disrupt the mechanics of the game. I'm also planning to errata cards which are broken based on the number of turns they require to activate. You'll also notice that I double posted. Oh, well. Post count is disabled anyway.

Wario: If this card remains face up on the field for three of your turns, destroy all monsters on your opponent's side of the field.

Mr. Game and Watch: When this card is flip summoned successfully, change this monster to defense position. Mr. Game and Watch's battle position cannot be changed for three turns. For three turns, Mr. Game and Watch cannot be destroyed by the effect of monster, spell, or trap cards or as a result of battle.

Link X: This card can be special summoned. To tribute summon this card, you must sacrifice one Link card on your side of the field.

Groudon: This card can be special summoned. To tribute summon this card, you must sacrifice monster on your side of the field while Pokeball is active.

Phazon Suit Samus: Phazon Suit Samus is not affected by spell cards.

Kirby: (Kirby gains the monster's current atk/def, not printed atk/def.)

Abra: Select one opponent's monster and switch control of it with this card. This effect cannot be used during the damage step.

Spare Stock: Select one monster from your graveyard. Add the selected monster to your hand, or special summon the selected monster to the field in face-up attack or defense position.

Star: Raise one monster's attack by 1000. After three turns have passed, send this card to the graveyard.

Warp Star: Tribute one monster on your side of the field. Inflict direct damage to your opponent's life points equal to the defense of the tributed monster.

Cracker Launcher: (I tested this, it's broken with it's original effect.) Every three of YOUR turns this card remains face up on the field, destroy one monster on your opponent's side of the field. If your opponent has no monsters on his/her side of the field, destroy one of your opponent's spell, trap cards.

Item Snatch: Select one spell or trap card on your opponent's side of the field. Send the spell or trap card to your side of the field.

Consume: Equip this card to Kirby. While this card remains face up on the field, once per turn, during your main phase, you may select one monster on our opponent's side of the field. Kirby's atk/def become that of the selected monster.

Yoshi's Island: Every two turns this card remains face-up on your side of the field, you gain 200 life points. In addition, all monsters currently on your side of the field gain an additional 200 defense. (Essentially, monsters played after this effect "goes off" do not get the 200 def boost. I'm guessing that was the creator's intention, but he/she left it vague)

Reverse:(This card is really bad. Reverse it's effects. Somebody's going to have to come to a consensus about what that means. Does it mean that you get to play the spell instead of them? Does it mean that atk/def increases become decreases and vice-versa? Does it mean that the spell card Macbeth affects traps instead of spells? For example, if I play Star, and you play reverse, does my star decrease my monster's attack, or do you get to select a monster that you control and increase its attack? I recommend that we don't use this card until somebody figures out what "reverse its effects" means)

Barrier: Your opponent cannot declare an attack this turn.

Wavedash: Activate when an opponent's monster declares an attack on a monster you control. Negate that attack.

Second Chance (continuous trap card): Monsters on your side of the field cannot be destroyed in battle if the monsters' atk are equal.

Scan Visor: Flip all or your opponent's face-down cards face up. Flip effects are not activated. If a spell or trap card is flipped face-up, it is not activated. Then, return all non-continuous spell or trap cards to their original position. (It's either that or destroy them, and I'm not sure what the creator wanted.)

Barrel Roll: Select one monster on your side of the field. That monster cannot be destroyed as a result of battle this turn. In addition, if the selected monster is attacked by your opponent's monster and your opponent's monster inflicts battle damage to your life points, switch that damage to your opponent's life points.

Heart Container: Select one monster from your graveyard and special summon it to your side of the field in face-up atk or def position.

Target: The monster equipped with this card may attack your opponent's life points directly.

Poison Mushroom: This card can only be equipped to an opponent's monster. Decrease the atk and def of the monster equipped with this card by 500. Destroy this card during the end phase of your opponent's second turn after the activation of this card.

Coin Snatch: Take control of one of your opponent's monsters. Your opponent gains 1000 life points during each of his/her standby phases.

Bullet Bill: Send this card to the graveyard during your main phase. Inflict direct damage to your opponent's life points equal to the number of your standby phases that have passed since the activation of this card times 1000.

Fair Brawl: You must have at least one monster on your side of the field to activate this card. If you control one or more monsters, your opponent may not summon a monster if the number of monsters on his/her side of the field would exceed the number of monsters on your side of the field at the time of the activation of this card.

Intent to Brawl: This carrd can only be used to equip knight type monsters. INcrease the atk and def of the equipped monster by 500 points. In addition, treat the monster equipped with this card as a swift type as well. (Basically, treat the monster as swift and knight, not swift instead of knight.)

Speed Break: You may only activate this card when you or your opponent has a monster with Sonic or Shadow in its name. All monsters with Sonic or Shadow in their name gain 500 atk points and may attack twice until the end of your second end phase after this card's activation.

Chaos Control: You may activate this card when a swift monster on your side of the field is attacked. The monster cannot be destroyed during this battle phase and any life points lost during damage calculation are negated.

Smash Master
Okay, I'm starting the errata list. This list is for cards which have vague wording, or whose effects disrupt the mechanics of the game. I'm also planning to errata cards which are broken based on the number of turns they require to activate. You'll also notice that I double posted. Oh, well. Post count is disabled anyway.

Wario: If this card remains face up on the field for three of your turns, destroy all monsters on your opponent's side of the field.

Mr. Game and Watch: When this card is flip summoned successfully, change this monster to defense position. Mr. Game and Watch's battle position cannot be changed for three turns. For three turns, Mr. Game and Watch cannot be destroyed by the effect of monster, spell, or trap cards.

Link X: This card can be special summoned. To tribute summon this card, you must sacrifice one Link card on your side of the field.

Groudon: This card can be special summoned. To tribute summon this card, you must sacrifice monster on your side of the field while Pokeball is active.

Phazon Suit Samus: Phazon Suit Samus is not affected by spell cards.

Kirby: (Kirby gains the monster's current atk/def, not printed atk/def.)

Abra: Select one opponent's monster and switch control of it with this card. This effect cannot be used during the damage step.

Spare Stock: Select one monster from your graveyard. Add the selected monster to your hand, or special summon the selected monster to the field in face-up attack or defense position.

Star: Raise one monster's attack by 1000. After three turns have passed, send this card to the graveyard.

Warp Star: Tribute one monster on your side of the field. Inflict direct damage to your opponent's life points equal to the defense of the tributed monster.

Cracker Launcher: (I tested this, it's broken with it's original effect.) Every three of YOUR turns this card remains face up on the field, destroy one monster on your opponent's side of the field. If your opponent has no monsters on his/her side of the field, destroy one of your opponent's spell, trap cards.

Item Snatch: Select one spell or trap card on your opponent's side of the field. Send the spell or trap card to your side of the field.

Consume: Equip this card to Kirby. While this card remains face up on the field, once per turn, during your main phase, you may select one monster on our opponent's side of the field. Kirby's atk/def become that of the selected monster.

Yoshi's Island: Every two turns this card remains face-up on your side of the field, you gain 200 life points. In addition, all monsters currently on your side of the field gain an additional 200 defense. (Essentially, monsters played after this effect "goes off" do not get the 200 def boost. I'm guessing that was the creator's intention, but he/she left it vague)

Reverse:(This card is really bad. Reverse it's effects. Somebody's going to have to come to a consensus about what that means. Does it mean that you get to play the spell instead of them? Does it mean that atk/def increases become decreases and vice-versa? Does it mean that the spell card Macbeth affects traps instead of spells? For example, if I play Star, and you play reverse, does my star decrease my monster's attack, or do you get to select a monster that you control and increase its attack? I recommend that we don't use this card until somebody figures out what "reverse its effects" means)

Barrier: Your opponent cannot declare an attack this turn.

Wavedash: Activate when an opponent's monster declares an attack on a monster you control. Negate that attack.

Second Chance (continuous trap card): Monsters on your side of the field cannot be destroyed in battle if the monsters' atk are equal.

Scan Visor: Flip all or your opponent's face-down cards face up. Flip effects are not activated. If a spell or trap card is flipped face-up, it is not activated. Then, return all non-continuous spell or trap cards to their original position. (It's either that or destroy them, and I'm not sure what the creator wanted.)

Barrel Roll: Select one monster on your side of the field. That monster cannot be destroyed as a result of battle this turn. In addition, if the selected monster is attacked by your opponent's monster and your opponent's monster inflicts battle damage to your life points, switch that damage to your opponent's life points.

Heart Container: Select one monster from your graveyard and special summon it to your side of the field in face-up atk or def position.

Target: The monster equipped with this card may attack your opponent's life points directly.

Poison Mushroom: This card can only be equipped to an opponent's monster. Decrease the atk and def of the monster equipped with this card by 500. Destroy this card during the end phase of your opponent's second turn after the activation of this card.

Coin Snatch: Take control of one of your opponent's monsters. Your opponent gains 1000 life points during each of his/her standby phases.

Bullet Bill: Send this card to the graveyard during your main phase. Inflict direct damage to your opponent's life points equal to the number of your standby phases that have passed since the activation of this card times 1000.

Fair Brawl: You must have at least one monster on your side of the field to activate this card. If you control one or more monsters, your opponent may not summon a monster if the number of monsters on his/her side of the field would exceed the number of monsters on your side of the field at the time of the activation of this card.

Intent to Brawl: This carrd can only be used to equip knight type monsters. INcrease the atk and def of the equipped monster by 500 points. In addition, treat the monster equipped with this card as a swift type as well. (Basically, treat the monster as swift and knight, not swift instead of knight.)

Speed Break: You may only activate this card when you or your opponent has a monster with Sonic or Shadow in its name. All monsters with Sonic or Shadow in their name gain 500 atk points and may attack twice until the end of your second end phase after this card's activation.

Chaos Control: You may activate this card when a swift monster on your side of the field is attacked. The monster cannot be destroyed during this battle phase and any life points lost during damage calculation are negated.

(C'mon gimme some SCV's for this, pleaseeeeee. I also created two cards)

Smash Master
Okay, quadruple post. I know. This is bad. I just wanted to inflect upon one knee and beg the supreme overlord moderators for forgiveness. You see, my glitchy *** **** ***** machine **** won't ****ing let me ****ing edit my **** **** posts.

:) I feel better now.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Well your not the only one mate! and thanks for clearing that up (A lot of those cards were mine)

(You know ones mine by the Legolastom at the bottom and the MRGAW underneath the picture)

Smash Master
Why can we only use two of the same kind of card per deck? A lot of cards basically say, "when such and such is on the field, do cool things. Having three of the same card would make these combos a lot more reliable, and would make theme decks in general a lot more potent. I was playtesting different decks last night (Macbeth is broken BTW) and the Ken combo is nearly impossible to pull off with only two Marth and two Ken combo.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Alright, Im grounded, so expect to see less of me for a while. Anyways, YAY! Only one of my cards were fixed! And still not fixed with the full effect... Ah well, Ill do it when I get a chance. Anyways, Kash, til Im ungrounded Im gonna need to forfeit my job. I just dont have the time with all the other stuff Im being forced to do. Ill take it back when Im ungrounded though...

To Fix some of the majorly broken cards, mainly Macbeth, Im still proposing we limit certain cards. Such as a player may only have one copy of either Macbeth or Radar Jammer in their deck.

Smash Master
There are still a lot of effects to fix, but I don't know how to fix them. For example, a lot of cards say, "to summon this, you must have so and so on the field." When evaluating how to fix this, do you guys want the monster to be able to be special summoned from the grave by something like spare stock, or do you guys want the monster to only be summonable one way, as printed on the card. For example, to summon Giga Bowser, the text should either read, "This card cannot be normal summoned or set. This card cannot be special summoned except by blah blah blah," which would not allow it to be special summoned by the effect of spare stock. The card could also read, "This card can only be special summoned by blah blah blah," which would allow spare stock to work, as long as Giga Bowser was summoned properly first. It's confusing, I know.

Anyway, by my count, I have 4500 SCV's, so I'd like to purchase:
1.) Party Ball
2.) Coin Snatch
2.) Kirby (the later one, not the first one)
1.)Macbeth (this really should be banned, along with Radar Jammer, or at least have the effect apply to both sides of the field, or at LEAST initiate what Ronike is proposing)
2.) Nayru's Love

I should have 2450, if I'm not mistaken.

Edit: Also, with Boo's current wording, he can always be attacked, unless he is summoned on the opponent's turn, in which case he can never be attacked. Is everybody okay with this, or should I change it to read "During each of your opponent's standby phases, put one "Boo counter" on this card. As long as Boo has an even number of "Boo counters," your opponent cannot declare Boo as the target of an attack?"

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Thanks *Lots of numbers* You are really helping clear up some of the cards... But where Kash?

Ronike

Smash Ace
Ok, 1048576, thank you for your input, however, this is not supposed to be a national regulated game like yugioh. As long as the players understand the wording, it shouldn't matter. I didn't say anything before because many of your changes were causing confusion, but also a lot of them were just making redundant changes as many players understood the wording. For example, Boo made perfect sense to everyone who played. So please stop meddling.

Oh, and I disagree about Macbeth and Radar Jammer, they shouldn't be banned entirely, there are cards like that in the real game. But they too are limited, and thats what we should do.

Smash Master
Boo doesn't make sense to me. Sorry for meddling, but can you clarify what it means. It's either extremely broken or extremely sucky, and I don't know which one.

Cards like Macbeth do not exist in the real game. The closest thing is Spell Cancellor, which is easy to kill, requires a tribute summon, and kills spells for both players. By comparison, Macbeth is extremely easy to use and can (and should) be dropped in every deck.

Also, some of those changes really were needed. Consider this scenario:
Player A attacks player B's Abra with Deity Link
Abra flips face up and it's effect is applied during damage calculation.
Abra moves to Player A's side of the field. Deity Link moves to player B's side of the field.
Damage calculation resolves and Abra is sent to the graveyard.

So basically, player B gets player A's best monster, pretty much automatically and for free, unless Abra cannot resolve during the damage step.

Sorry for being a rules Nazi, I used to judge at yu-gi-oh. :)

Ronike

Smash Ace
I agree with you on Abra, I use it and I know its way too broken. But about Macbeth, I used to play, not competively mind you, but I knew the competitive rules well, and I strongly recall a card similar to it, just for traps. No price, and it worked on your opponents traps. Regardless, Macbeth and Radar Jammer are broken, and lets just agree there.

For most of our cards, a turn is in regard to a cycle, i.e you go, your opponent goes, thats 1 turn. Besides, boo wasnt real confusing as the effect in question is only gonna activate when its your opponents turn anyways, as you dont atk your own monster.

Smash Master
I agree with you on Abra, I use it and I know its way too broken. But about Macbeth, I used to play, not competively mind you, but I knew the competitive rules well, and I strongly recall a card similar to it, just for traps. No price, and it worked on your opponents traps. Regardless, Macbeth and Radar Jammer are broken, and lets just agree there.

For most of our cards, a turn is in regard to a cycle, i.e you go, your opponent goes, thats 1 turn. Besides, boo wasnt real confusing as the effect in question is only gonna activate when its your opponents turn anyways, as you dont atk your own monster.
Thank you for clarifying Boo. Now I know it sucks. Anyhoo, there is no card that just disables your opponent's traps. There are two things you could be thinking of.
Imperial Order is a continuous trap which negates both players' spells. You have to pay 700 lp a turn to keep it alive, it works for both players, and it is banned in advanced tournaments.
Amplifier is an equip magic card that can only be equipped to Jinzo. While it is equipped to Jinzo, you can use traps; your opponent cannot. Nevertheless, Jinzo is restricted to one, and this is a two card combo, one of which must be tribute summoned.

clace

Smash Journeyman
Ok...

1. Where the fudge is Kash?
2. 10457blabla, this isn't yu-gi-oh, it's different, we don't need every card to be spelled perfectly, that's why I made it so people can make their own cards, it's about accessibility, not proper wording, I mean, if it's understandable, it's fine.

Oh and you think Boo and Macbeth suck?

If they're so broken how come not many people have them in their deck? How can you not understand their effects? When boo is summoned he cannot be attacked, he can be attacked the next turn, but not the one after, then he can, then he can't, it's easy to understand.
Macbeth isn't overpowered at all, you said yourself we need to make some 'Spike' cards that can destroy magic and traps, well that solves our bloody problem dosen't it! I mean you can easily use something like mystical space typhoon on it, It's quick play so you don't need to lay it! There are monsters that have effects that destroy magics or traps.

Basically what I'm saying is, those two cards are fine, it's the fact that NO ONE is making any effort to make spike cards at all to counter some strong ones.

Where the hell is Kash.

Sorry I got so pissed, but I find it ridiclulous everyone is getting their yu-gi-oh panties in a twist about two cards and the wording on some others.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Well Magic cards as you know are almost as important (Or more so in some cases) as monster cards so if you disallow your opponent to use them that could almost be a guaranteed victory for the opponent... now if you changed the effect to this effect last for three turns or something then it could be a good card that isnt going to be major unbalanced.

(Remember in the card game not many people had these powerful cards because what cards you get are random and in this you can pick your cards and just get the ultimate deck)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom