• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What happens when both players lose their last stock at the same time?

jugfingers

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure that's just how the game chooses the winner. If it comes up in a tournament, it'll probably be up to the TO.
Yeah, I was just talking about what the game does. I always thought the 1 stock rematch rule was pretty standard. It's been around for years.
lol yea I thought you were talking about tournament rules.

nvm.

LLDL

Smash Hero
It would be unfair to play by percent. As we all know, the player with 300% could very well win a match against a person with 70%. So, if they both die at the same time, they should replay the 1 stock match.

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
If you both die on the same frame then percentage doesn't matter. It's a draw.
The two players are tied at 0 stocks and 0% and the end of the game, so sudden death should be played.

What if you both die on the same frame in sudden death though..:embarrass

Pi

Smash Hero
If you both die on the same frame then percentage doesn't matter. It's a draw.
The two players are tied at 0 stocks and 0% and the end of the game, so sudden death should be played.

What if you both die on the same frame in sudden death though..:embarrass
Player w/ port priority wins in that instance

At my recent house tourney, we had a kirby player kirbycide a jiggs player, which cause a 1 stock match

We prompted them to play the 1 stock match, and they started but forgot to change to 1 stock
so they played the first stock off, and another kirbycide happened. And I'm not sure but after another 1 stock match it happened AGAIN.

I wanted to give it to the kirby player (for obvious reasons), but they decided to jiggs ditto instead. Iirc.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i played a mewtwo player with DK
every game legitimately went 6-7 minutes.

Lovage

Smash Hero
playing out sudden death is stupid. that's like shootouts in soccer. it might be entertaining but trying to poke at 300% with bombs falling is not what the game is about.

1 stock rematch same stage imo

CTL17

Smash Lord
Kirbycide draws should have the win be automatically given to the Kirby who initiated the Kirbycide.

Other Dragonball Z moments where people fly off the screen in opposite directions and end up in a draw should replay last stock.

That reminds me of one time where both me and my opponent killed each other off the top at the same time, but my opponent hit the front instead, so he died first. Terrible luck for him. Star KOs take up too much time.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
why do people say that percent is obvious? A kill is a kill, regardless of the percent. SD should be played out or another game on the same level.

Top Bottom