• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

what happened to 0c3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
thats where the mentality of american smashers fail. You think he came for smash you are entirely wrong. He didnt go for smash, it was difficult to get him to come to america in the first place. Ken and I had to do a lot to get him to go. Why do u think that its rare that other tournaments cant bring outside competition from japan? So ill tell you know he didnt come to play smash and yes he would be unhappy. He came to enjoy california. How about this why dont we take you to japan and put u there to play all the smashers that line up all day. Lets see if u would enjoy that.
Okay, I kinda assumed he came for smash, I guess I was wrong on that part.

However, if you took me to Japan and let me play smash all day, I'd ****ing love that. There's nothing else I really want to do in Japan anyway >__>

Just Sexed

Smash Ace
Tee ay eye if i ever met your irl i would praise almighty godliness for putting that set up next pc vs m2k...did 0c3 record ken vs silent wolf?

LLDL

Smash Hero
Lol so You were charging 20 bucks to play a best 3/5 set with Bombsoldier. Idk about you guys, but I usually bring like 100 bones extra money to BIG tourneys like this. I would've gladly paid 20 to fight bombsoldier. And better yet, I would've freaking had a a good chance of getting 3/5 win against him in Falco dittos. 20 bucks for THAT kind of Honor aint sh***. Quit complaining, I would've been happy being in the same building as him.

Although I wouldn't MIND to have him come back again lol.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Lol so You were charging 20 bucks to play a best 3/5 set with Bombsoldier. Idk about you guys, but I usually bring like 100 bones extra money to BIG tourneys like this. I would've gladly paid 20 to fight bombsoldier. And better yet, I would've freaking had a a good chance of getting 3/5 win against him in Falco dittos. 20 bucks for THAT kind of Honor aint sh***. Quit complaining, I would've been happy being in the same building as him.

Bombsoldier isn't even as good as half the pro USA players. I'd rather pay 20 dollars for twenty $1 MMs with like, M2k or Pc or something than twenty dollars for Bombsoldier. If you beat Bombsoldier, you didn't get money back. At least in the extremely unlikely case that you'd beat M2k or PC, at least you'd win money.

Also, I won't be putting up any more of M2k's matches. I think the only other ones are like, him vs. Pc, him vs. Chu, and his doubles matches.

Drephen

Smash Master

or you can just be good and **** bombsoldier in the actual tourney >.>

oh and you dont get honor from beating a no-talent like bombsoldier, mathos gives me more trouble than him =)

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
or you can just be good and **** bombsoldier in the actual tourney >.>

oh and you dont get honor from beating a no-talent like bombsoldier, mathos gives me more trouble than him =)
Yeah, that's exactly my thoughts.

Except, I'm not a professional, so I probably wouldn't have worded it so harshly.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
yup

see the way people post about bombsoldier on the boards flame. No wonder why the japanese look down on american smashers.

Drephen lets see you go to japan and beat aniki or masashi on their turf. It was bombsoldiers first time in america, he could have cared less about competition. From his perspective going to a tournament you are suppose to be welcomed win or lose and smash is a game of fun competition and seeing who is the best.

When he came to america all people did was want to prove something. Well he doesnt care. The chance people got to play him there was well worth it. 20 bucks is a lot cheaper then flying to japan to fight him there.

if you take it back to 2004 when the japanese actually care competitively about smash bros melee i doubt any americans would have stand a chance. Truth is they stopped playing after that and their skills got rusty. On top of that Disk was sick from american food and bombsoldier as well. You can tell by their appearance they werent feeling good. They weren't doing so good with the american greasy foods.

You can say this is johns all you want, the truth is we got bombsoldier to america and same with at oc2 where we brought some more japanese players there. So stop talking down on them like they were horrible players. Some players play well on some days and some play well on others. If you want lets bring up mew2king vs you and how mew2king claims he constantly ***** you at tournaments. im sure u want to argue he doesnt.

As for tournaments bringing outside competition to grow the smash scene. Has fc or any other smash tournament had the ability to bring over players from japan? we brought over bombsoldier, but if u want to fight their best bring over masashi, aniki, mikael, and all the other good players if you can. These guys actually take it seriously compared to bombsoldier,disk,kentaross and others we have brought here.

To them going to america is a once in a life time experience, if you do not know how expensive tickets are from japan to america you wouldnt understand. In japan they would have to work long summers just to save up enough money for the chance to go here and enjoy it. Smash is 2nd to that.

so to all you japanese haters out there stfu please. Im done arguing im over this, its been said many times over and over. Peace.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Also, I won't be putting up any more of M2k's matches. I think the only other ones are like, him vs. Pc, him vs. Chu, and his doubles matches.
whyyyyyy... at least m2k singles wtf. just because m2k's anal retentive doesn't mean everyone else shouldn't see the glory of his matches

Grand Mango

Smash Journeyman
see the way people post about bombsoldier on the boards flame. No wonder why the japanese look down on american smashers.

Drephen lets see you go to japan and beat aniki or masashi on their turf. It was bombsoldiers first time in america, he could have cared less about competition. From his perspective going to a tournament you are suppose to be welcomed win or lose and smash is a game of fun competition and seeing who is the best.

When he came to america all people did was want to prove something. Well he doesnt care. The chance people got to play him there was well worth it. 20 bucks is a lot cheaper then flying to japan to fight him there.

if you take it back to 2004 when the japanese actually care competitively about smash bros melee i doubt any americans would have stand a chance. Truth is they stopped playing after that and their skills got rusty. On top of that Disk was sick from american food and bombsoldier as well. You can tell by their appearance they werent feeling good. They weren't doing so good with the american greasy foods.

You can say this is johns all you want, the truth is we got bombsoldier to america and same with at oc2 where we brought some more japanese players there. So stop talking down on them like they were horrible players. Some players play well on some days and some play well on others. If you want lets bring up mew2king vs you and how mew2king claims he constantly ***** you at tournaments. im sure u want to argue he doesnt.

As for tournaments bringing outside competition to grow the smash scene. Has fc or any other smash tournament had the ability to bring over players from japan? we brought over bombsoldier, but if u want to fight their best bring over masashi, aniki, mikael, and all the other good players if you can. These guys actually take it seriously compared to bombsoldier,disk,kentaross and others we have brought here.

To them going to america is a once in a life time experience, if you do not know how expensive tickets are from japan to america you wouldnt understand. In japan they would have to work long summers just to save up enough money for the chance to go here and enjoy it. Smash is 2nd to that.

so to all you japanese haters out there stfu please. Im done arguing im over this, its been said many times over and over. Peace.
Okay... but you are a gigantic elitist with a dvd and a bunch of stolen money. they look down on us because of people like you.

Also feed them. Its rude to make them eat out everyday at greasy american food joints.

Just Sexed

Smash Ace
Is pc vs m2k the sets where pc uses falco to beat m2k?

If so you have to put those ones up dude please:(

btw anyone what to tell me if silent wolf vs ken was recorded

p.s sheik = no talent

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
about the dvd, it's well worth the money for all those high quality matches. although i'd love to have all the bombsoldier money matches on the disc but oh well. if people can bare with the matches on youtube where the sound doesn't even sync with the graphics then go for it. it's your choice.

and about bombsoldier, i'd have to agree with manacloud that it's more important for the visitors to enjoy california than smash. recently, pc chris came down to hawaii and my friend who invited him brought him to smash with literally every smasher in hawaii for the first 4 or 5 days. I could only took pc out to the beautiful beaches the last two days of his stay. I felt so bad about it because pc seemed so much happier out in the sun than playing smash in a room. even though he said he'd be back for more but I still felt really bad for not giving him the best hawaii cruise possible.

mana, are you gonna come along when ken comes down to hawaii?

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Tee Aye Eye, j00 are teh 60D|y, \/iDJ0 BA/\/DiT0. Have my babies. Better yet, I'll become your brother inlaw someday. You have my word.

Japanese players can look down upon us all they want when they're getting ***** by half of the United States. Bombusoldieru did look sick as ****, though. I was concerned for his well being. But that's arguably you guys being bad hosts and feeding them lard for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I wanted to take bombsoldier in my arms and nurse him back to health.

In all seriousness, OC3 was a great time, though. I got to touch PC Chris.

Makenshi

Smash Apprentice

woh ! I can't believe I agree with manacloud

Its like Masashi, he came to France for ESA2 (a big european tournament) .During this event, he was playing a bit weirdly, as you can see in the videos(and it wasn't because of the PAL version, but because he was playing in a different place.)Basically it's like basketball or soccer : if you play in your city, you're likely to be better, and if you play somewhere else, you won't be as good (unless your name's Jordan =p)

Slhoka

Smash Lord
woh ! I can't believe I agree with manacloud

Its like Masashi, he came to France for ESA2 (a big european tournament) .During this event, he was playing a bit weirdly, as you can see in the videos(and it wasn't because of the PAL version, but because he was playing in a different place.)Basically it's like basketball or soccer : if you play in your city, you're likely to be better, and if you play somewhere else, you won't be as good (unless your name's Jordan =p)
QFT

And TerenceLau's right, too. When Masashi and Cho stayed in Paris, they obviously had more fun sightseeing and going to the Eiffel tower than attending the tournament. I'm not saying they didn't like playing Smash, because they did, but try to imagine : you travel to another country, another continent, another cultural area... would you think that playing Smash is biggest priority ? I hope you don't. Discovering another country/culture is really fun, and you wouldn't want to spend your entire stay playing smash.
No wonder you don't do as good as you should in a tournament if Smash isn't your major concern.

And also, another factor explaining bad performances in a foreign tournament is the pressure. It's plays a major role, especially for Japanese players in the US. While they don't attend that much tournaments, they're famous, and when they travel outside of Japan, they are looked at like wild animals. Like "it's TEH Bomsoldier ! You know, the prodigy 14/15-year old kid who's a beast with Falco. The combo video which was made of his matches was awesome, so he'd better **** everyone here or else he sucks."
Imagine you arrive in a venue, and as you walk in, many people around you start whispering and say your name to their friend, but you can't understand anything else because they speak another language. I never had to deal with this, but I'm pretty sure it isn't a nice feeling.
So if you don't stop expecting people to do way better than they can, you'll be disappointed for sure. But at least shut up instead of saying some "*insert random foreigner name* sucks".

manacloud1

Smash Champion
not sure terence its up to ken.

we didnt feed bombsoldier greasy fast food for his entire stay. It was everything different about america that made them sick. Imagine they have lived in japan their whole lives not going anywhere outside of their country. They come to the US, where the air is different, the foods have different perservatives, the timing is off. That made them weak. It was a different bombsoldier than when i went to japan and saw him, he was more energetic and happy.

But back to what I was saying before, It was his first time in america, he wanted to see california, he had 2 days to do it and smash took over the rest, he plays enough smash at home to not care much about a tournament. He played alright, but not at his full potential and that applies to all the japanese smashers. At the jack garden tournaments when they are around their peers they do indeed try harder when honor is at stake and people have fun instead of proving something to one another. I have yet to see an american smasher like mew2king go outside of the usa to a japanese tournament to win their tournies. The ONLY two people who went to compete were isai and ken and that was back before bombsoldier was even discovered.

so when american smashers think they are so elite and say the japanese smashers arent that good. What are they basing it off of? A few japanese players we've brought here? When their best are still in japan waiting for someone from america to come challenge them.

LLDL

Smash Hero
not sure terence its up to ken.

we didnt feed bombsoldier greasy fast food for his entire stay. It was everything different about america that made them sick. Imagine they have lived in japan their whole lives not going anywhere outside of their country. They come to the US, where the air is different, the foods have different perservatives, the timing is off. That made them weak. It was a different bombsoldier than when i went to japan and saw him, he was more energetic and happy.

But back to what I was saying before, It was his first time in america, he wanted to see california, he had 2 days to do it and smash took over the rest, he plays enough smash at home to not care much about a tournament. He played alright, but not at his full potential and that applies to all the japanese smashers. At the jack garden tournaments when they are around their peers they do indeed try harder when honor is at stake and people have fun instead of proving something to one another. I have yet to see an american smasher like mew2king go outside of the usa to a japanese tournament to win their tournies. The ONLY two people who went to compete were isai and ken and that was back before bombsoldier was even discovered.

so when American smashers think they are so elite and say the Japanese smashers are'nt that good. What are they basing it off of? A few Japanese players we've brought here? When their best are still in japan waiting for someone from America to come challenge them.
I agree with that completely. And about that 20 bucks thing I said about bombsoldier before, I hope you didn't understand me. I understand completely about him coming here to America, and I respect it wasn't for smash. What I was saying is that people should STOP putting him down, I believe Drephen called him a No-talent at oc3. Thats just not true. BS, is still the most powerful falco in Japan, and if they had to pay to fight him, then DO NOT complain when they can't. It doesn't help him that he speaks Japanese, is playing on a slightly different version than his own, is in a diffrent enviornment, and has to endure his day playing smash, while he would rather be relaxing or sight seeing. He has much more things to do than accept challenges from nobodies in melee, and to those who did accept, then should be honored. Thats all I was tryign to get at.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
who cares america ***** the rest of the country in smash bros it doesnt mean **** anymore now that brawl is out and the competitive circuit doesnt matter just let us watch these old *** ****ing videos

LLDL

Smash Hero
who cares america ***** the rest of the country in smash bros it doesnt mean **** anymore now that brawl is out and the competitive circuit doesnt matter just let us watch these old *** ****ing videos
lol Brawl is gonna run outta gas faster than melee

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Tee Aye Eye, j00 are teh 60D|y, \/iDJ0 BA/\/DiT0. Have my babies. Better yet, I'll become your brother inlaw someday. You have my word.

Japanese players can look down upon us all they want when they're getting ***** by half of the United States. Bombusoldieru did look sick as ****, though. I was concerned for his well being. But that's arguably you guys being bad hosts and feeding them lard for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I wanted to take bombsoldier in my arms and nurse him back to health.

In all seriousness, OC3 was a great time, though. I got to touch PC Chris.
I'm a 60Dly, \/idjo SEX TRAIN Bandito.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
America ***** the rest of the country? Wow, my life was just flipped upside down. America > America >America >America >America >America >America >America >America >America >America >America >America >America >America?

sashambolee

Smash Rookie
the dvd is possible to be played on a dvd player but it requires a special dvd player that plays mpeg , avi, and divx.

told you. So yes 35 bucks for the oc3 dvd is totally worth the money and effort put into it by arash, ken and I.

haha you are such a dirtbag stop trying to profit off of people. All of who are part of the community that in the end helped support you're brother get paid. and if you do be a little less obvious you money loving grub. You are the nerd equivalent of a greasy car salesman.

Puffin

Smash Apprentice
the dvd is possible to be played on a dvd player but it requires a special dvd player that plays mpeg , avi, and divx.

told you. So yes 35 bucks for the oc3 dvd is totally worth the money and effort put into it by arash, ken and I.

haha you are such a dirtbag stop trying to profit off of people. All of who are part of the community that in the end helped support you're brother get paid. and if you do be a little less obvious you money loving grub. You are the nerd equivalent of a greasy car salesman.
Indeed, he has no morals at all. The rest of us go around putting hours upon hours of effort into projects, then giving them away for free. That's why America has such a strong economy; that's capitalism at its finest.

Note: How do open source software authors do it?

sashambolee

Smash Rookie
idiot

wow you are also an idiot(maybe even a bigger idiot) there is a difference between honestly profiting and forcing people to pay 35 dollars for a ****en dvd of people playing each other in smash. And fat boy stop hiding behind you're sarcasm , you're sarcasm isn't big or sweaty enough.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
lol

I heard that Ken got a new car after 0c3
the car he was using to drive people to and from the airport at oc2?

If you are going to make false rumors atleast do a good job of it. It seems all you smashers care about is drama right. It gives you a reason to live.

Kinda funny when people call me money hungry for holding a tournament then making dvds which people have the option to buy. Listen, if you dont like it dont buy it. It doesnt make me money hungry lol. Also because of guys like me the oc3 dvd came out right after the oc3 tournament. You think if matches were for free people would actually spend the time making a good product for you freeloaders? Lets see oh yeah, mlg had matches for free, then when they lost the fc diamond videos what did you freeload smashers do? Oh yeah bite the hand that fed you. No wonder why mlg got fed up with smashers.

You know if you want to put down people who charge for videos im just a small fish, go attack evo they charged 50 bucks a dvd for evo2k6. Go complain to them about why their matches arent free.

this thread is a joke just like the person who made it a mod should close it already.

Just Sexed

Smash Ace
arite well first of all this thread is simply about finding out what happend at oc3. just cause now that ppl will c it for free and dont have to buy a 35$ dvd when it costs not nearly as much to make one will take away from ur sales i apologize. and why are u so heated cause a guy said ken had a new car, that could just be sumthing he heard lol not like hes purposely starting rumors... so if anything, i say sit bak take a look at how pointless u sound trying to make ppl feel bad on the internet and leave my thread alone... go make ur money elsewhere ;]

also a huge shout out to my boy Tee ay eye thnx for the vids just ignore mana.

sashambolee

Smash Rookie
s

"the car he was using to drive people to and from the airport at oc2?"

O thats so tragic i feel so bad for him now ...

manacloud you're money loving and cute kittens and puppie hating heart aside, you just sound like such a ********.:dizzy:

manacloud1

Smash Champion
oh noes

"the car he was using to drive people to and from the airport at oc2?"

O thats so tragic i feel so bad for him now ...

manacloud you're money loving and cute kittens and puppie hating heart aside, you just sound like such a ********.:dizzy:
this thread is really getting out of hand a mod should really close it.

Jwalken

Smash Rookie
So stop making it out of hand and leave the thread...you start the drama mana.

jayrocs

Smash Cadet
Hm... I think that after a certain amount of time a video should be free. Let them make their money off the people who reallly really needed to see it, I was like that for the Oc2 dvd. But, that was a bad experience, with delays, that whole batch sending crap, and when I got it, there weren't even a lot of good matches on it. Nothing as I initially thought and I was one of the first to order, or at least made it in the first batch. No commentary or videos of the entire scene, didn't work in my regular dvd player, and the quality wasn't even above average. AND THE MATCHES WEREN'T EVEN ALL THAT GREAT, mostly 2v2. After that waste of money I knew i wasn't giong to buy this one, apparently I chose the wrong video to put money into but whatever.

I say, someone just make an ISO of the dvd. Upload it, torrent it out, whatever. For all of us to try and rip it and if not at least be able to watch it on our own comps.

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
thanks for uploading, love you muuuuuuuch.
manaclouds a ****ing lame. and lol at his childish denial, NO YOU PUTTING THE DVDS ON YOUTUBE IS ONLY INCREASING MY SALES rofl.
30 dollars for a got **** dvd of smash when every other smash tourney, every other pro player, every other video is easily uploaded to youtube with no problem. you and evo can stfu and gtfo. nobody cares for your presence here. this is for youtube matches of oc3, NONE OF WHICH you played, but you get to make profit off of. 20 dollars to play bs or free friendlies with other pros.... dudes were milking all the hype from one combo video for every last penny.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
the car he was using to drive people to and from the airport at oc2?

If you are going to make false rumors atleast do a good job of it. It seems all you smashers care about is drama right. It gives you a reason to live.

Kinda funny when people call me money hungry for holding a tournament then making dvds which people have the option to buy. Listen, if you dont like it dont buy it. It doesnt make me money hungry lol. Also because of guys like me the oc3 dvd came out right after the oc3 tournament. You think if matches were for free people would actually spend the time making a good product for you freeloaders? Lets see oh yeah, mlg had matches for free, then when they lost the fc diamond videos what did you freeload smashers do? Oh yeah bite the hand that fed you. No wonder why mlg got fed up with smashers.

You know if you want to put down people who charge for videos im just a small fish, go attack evo they charged 50 bucks a dvd for evo2k6. Go complain to them about why their matches arent free.

this thread is a joke just like the person who made it a mod should close it already.
I actually didn't start that rumor. I heard it from like, two or three other people (whose names will not be released)

p.s.

Why paying twenty dollars to play Bombsoldier is a rip off:

You can play friendlies with other (probably/possibly better pros, I'm just going to withhold judgment on Bombsoldier because he was sick, but some of these pros are pretty much indeniably better than he is) pros for FREE. OR, if you used the twenty you'd use to play Bombsoldier, you could do like, twenty $1 money matches with several people or hell, one person. I'd much rather play like, four $5 MMs with M2K than one twenty dollar match with Bombsoldier.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Hopefully no-one will be able to rip it. That way mana-cloud can still profit off of his dvds. Honestly, its not a bad buy. You guys are just cheap. 35 if you missed oc3. Not outrageously expensive. Its not like 50 bucks for smash vids, Double layer dvds are expensive, and it also pays for shipping. I will still try to rip it, and if I fail to do so, then shame on me, I was warned beforehand.

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
^ has nothing to do with being cheap rather there's a whole lotta money being tossed around and if every smasher just wanted to be gullible and throw it away then be my guess. between bs 20 dollar mms. and 35 bucks for tourney vids that HAVE NO RELATION to the creator of the dvd minus going to their tourney. we get smash vids on youtube all the time it doesn't make sense to charge, people just are money scoundrels. people keep saying oh this hard work, oh these expenses when all that had to be done and it was asked before hand was to put it on youtube, like every other smash vid.

p.s. p.c. chris vs hugs via youtube was awesome and has actually made me think about buying the dvd. good stuff mana, as far as that goes.

Metroid_01

Smash Journeyman
Atlanta, GA (school yr), Miami, Fl (summer)
I actually didn't start that rumor. I heard it from like, two or three other people (whose names will not be released)

p.s.

Why paying twenty dollars to play Bombsoldier is a rip off:

You can play friendlies with other (probably/possibly better pros, I'm just going to withhold judgment on Bombsoldier because he was sick, but some of these pros are pretty much indeniably better than he is) pros for FREE. OR, if you used the twenty you'd use to play Bombsoldier, you could do like, twenty $1 money matches with several people or hell, one person. I'd much rather play like, four $5 MMs with M2K than one twenty dollar match with Bombsoldier.
Last I heard, those 20$ mm's were to help bombsoldier (and his brother....?) cover their trips to America and back. Regardless, nobody was forced to play those matches, nobody was forced to pay to see some matches from a tournament several months ago (especially) when there is newer material out today.

Why the hell do you even care what other people do with their money anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom