• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What grinds your gears in For Glory mode? (THE ROLLENING)

KirbCider

Smash Ace
EDIT: Sorry this turned out long. Can't help being descriptive.
There's nothing wrong with long posts nor being descriptive. A lot of my posts end up being lengthy too most of the time.

As a side note, I've noticed a lot of people suddenly deciding to play as Kirby against me ever since I decided to start using "KirbCider" as my tag over my old one. I've done this so if I ever came across any SmashBoard members on FG they could easily find me here, but instead I now have plenty of folks trying to pull out Kirby on me. I don't mind ditto matches. I don't mind if someone wants to try and use my main. In fact, you can sometimes pick up some new tricks seeing them from the other side...

But to decide on using a character just cause of someones tag is kinda silly. Jokes on them though as I rarely ever start out with Kirby anymore nor use him as much. Most expect a Kirby but instead get a King Dedede, Villager, or ROB at the start.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
It's never happened to me (at least that I know of), but I hate it when people upload replays with titles such as "idiot!" or "worst player ever!" when the other player didn't really do anything wrong. If the other player SD'd twice I could sort of see why they'd name the replay that, but often when I browse the share section these kinds of replays are just regular matches with the uploader spamming their taunts.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
It's never happened to me (at least that I know of), but I hate it when people upload replays with titles such as "idiot!" or "worst player ever!" when the other player didn't really do anything wrong. If the other player SD'd twice I could sort of see why they'd name the replay that, but often when I browse the share section these kinds of replays are just regular matches with the uploader spamming their taunts.
Yeah it's super disrespectful. No reason to be like that to other people, let alone people you don't even know.

Masked Bro

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0404-6085-1995
I'll rant here because it's been happening to me a lot lately. I keep having solo Lucas hours online and I swear, everyone likes to have Mother boyz matches with me. I'll face some random character the first match, and I'm inwardly going "oh cool I haven't played character X much and there isn't too much lag, this could be fun". Then the second match, everyone goes Ness for Ness vs Lucas battles. They aren't even good at the character it's so annoying. It's happened so many times online that I feel tired of this match-up. I just two-stocked a Ness, left, and thought I'd come rant here. orz

Daxter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DaxterD
3DS FC
1289-9356-8058
Yeah it's super disrespectful. No reason to be like that to other people, let alone people you don't even know.
Replays in general, unless they praise your opponent for a good game (or show something hilarious) are horrid. Trust me I know; I seem to have one uploaded of me almost every time I play FG.

Last edited:

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
Here's the problem with that, though..... we can't tell from the replay what the circumstances of the SD were. I've started matches before that seemed fine, and then lag began, and my opponent SDed because they didn't want to fight through it. No harm, no foul.

In a replay, though, you can't see lag. Thus, it would be easy for someone to insinuate a 'rage quit' when it was merely avoiding horrible lag. Also, I've had some really intense matches that end by the guy jumping off mid match. I scratch my head wondering "What just happened?" and they change their tags to "Sorry GTG" and/or send me a friend request letting me know there was someone at the door or they had to take an important phone call or something of that nature. They'll often even offer a rematch if I'm interested. Very classy move.

Basically, uploading a video that mocks another player just shows what kind of a pathetic player you actually are. Why do I say that? It takes 20+ minutes to use the stupid YouTube uploader. If you take that much time just to call someone a scrub, well, it'd be much quicker and easier to take a look in the mirror to see the actual scrub. Basically what I'm saying is the upload tool is simply a way for people with low self-esteems to bully anonymous online players and justify their own self-worth. :rolleyes:

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
So this never bugged me before or at least became that apparent until today but FIGHTING THE EXACT SAME CHARACTERS over and over again. I recently did a tourney this morning and one round was Ness, then Mario, and then Dr. Mario. So I take a break from that and go to 1v1 For Glory. My first match is against a Ness. Person leaves after one round. Next person shows up and it's a Mario. Person again leaves after one round. Then the next person shows up. And guess who they are? A Ness! It was almost laughable!

I mean I didn't want to be 'that guy' and leave after one round to either come off cocky from winning or salty from losing (the Ness player in question actually left after that round lol) But it's like I've literally fought so many Mario and Ness players just this week alone that when I see them now I just go, 'Ughhhhhhh! Here we go. Again!' and I fight so sluggishly cause I'm so done.

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
So this never bugged me before or at least became that apparent until today but FIGHTING THE EXACT SAME CHARACTERS over and over again. I recently did a tourney this morning and one round was Ness, then Mario, and then Dr. Mario. So I take a break from that and go to 1v1 For Glory. My first match is against a Ness. Person leaves after one round. Next person shows up and it's a Mario. Person again leaves after one round. Then the next person shows up. And guess who they are? A Ness! It was almost laughable!

I mean I didn't want to be 'that guy' and leave after one round to either come off cocky from winning or salty from losing (the Ness player in question actually left after that round lol) But it's like I've literally fought so many Mario and Ness players just this week alone that when I see them now I just go, 'Ughhhhhhh! Here we go. Again!' and I fight so sluggishly cause I'm so done.
This is some kind of weird feature that Nintendo implemented (I haven't seen it discussed much, though). Whenever I go into For Glory, if I get into a match with a Little Mac (for example) and then leave afterwards, whether I win or lose, the next match it connects me to will be a Little Mac. Let's say the Mac leaves after that, the next guy to join the room will be using Little Mac.

My theory is, this usually only happens when I join a match where my opponent has already selected their character or they are connected to me while having already selected a character. Also, most likely, it connects you to people that mostly use a certain character. I say that because I've been in a character loop before when I suddenly get a different character. After the first match, the same guy will switch characters to.... you guessed it.... the character I've been seeing over and over (and I can tell that character is his/her main by the way they play). This doesn't happen all the time, but more times than not and at least once daily. Also, on certain days, I noticed it connects me almost exclusively with characters I have difficulty against. For example, when using Charizard, I face a lot of Captain Falcons, Links and Ness.

Also, another strange anomaly I've run across since the 1.1.0 patch..... I never see any Japanese players in For Glory any more. Anyone else? I used to get caught in the connect-drop-connect-drop loop with Japanese players. Now? I never see them period. I'm only ever connected to people within North America (the continental US, Mexico and Canada). I guess this is a lag thing, but I still get terrible lag 50% of the time even though my connection is perfect (wired Ethernet, 50Mbps+, DMZ, etc). Why do other people play online if their connection is equivalent to dial-up? Ah, but I digress......

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
recently I've ran into plenty "try-hard" players who only pick the top tiers like Sheik and ZSS (and actually play them extremely well).

I mean, sure. you rock at this game, you know your advanced top tier stuff and everything (i respect that), but come on. this is for glory, not a real tournament. some of us come here to have fun, not to be cannon-fodder for your ego.

(also before comp players flame on me: it's just what grinds my gears on "For Glory")

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Also, on certain days, I noticed it connects me almost exclusively with characters I have difficulty against. For example, when using Charizard, I face a lot of Captain Falcons, Links and Ness.
Oh, thank god, I'm not the only one noticing this.
Whenever I decide to go on FG with R.O.B., which characters do I see nearly every single time? Mario, Falcon, Ganondorf, Little Mac, and Ryu literally as far as the eye can see. All characters that I can't stand fighting against and, for the most part, give R.O.B. a pretty decent run for his money. God forbid I ever find an actually fun character to fight. Why does this game's matchmaking spite me? Next thing I know, I'll be fighting hoards of Villagers...

Last edited:

Dj.D

Smash Apprentice
Nonsense like this also grinds my gears.

Same attack pattern over and over? Has it actually worked for him before? And he has the nerve to switch to Rosalina the next match and do mostly the same nonsense and I still beat him. Is this guy just trolling or what?

Zaabrey

Smash Apprentice
I'm starting to get pretty aggravated when I beat someone's main, secondary, or whatever that specific character is to them the first time I win, and they pull out a top-tier character. And when they fight, they don't fight competitively like they've been doing all along. They fight really mean.

The fight just gets less fun and pretty stressful.

Seriously, is winning so important that you have to pull out your "best" character to prove some kind of a point me? I go through getting two-stocked, suffer (but learn from) losing streaks, SDing by mistake, watching you taunt all throughout the match, and playing mind-games. But the moment I win one match, you get salty and upset, and pull out a top-tier?!

Thank God I usually have a chocolate bar or cake and ice cream to ease my frustration. <3

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
:4dedede: is a character that I'm really starting to hate seeing on 1v1. All they do is float around near the ledge and spam gordos. I just had a match today with a King DeDeDe that did exactly that and the match lasted until there was about 15 seconds left. How in the world can someone have fun by doing just about nothing for 5 minutes?

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
:4dedede: is a character that I'm really starting to hate see on 1v1. All they do is float around near the ledge and spam gordos. I just had a match today with a King DeDeDe that did exactly that and the match lasted until there was about 15 seconds left. How in the world can someone have fun by doing just about nothing for 5 minutes?
What's funnier to me is how they think Gordos are just the best projectiles in the game and they make DDD invincible... even though they get reflected by pretty much every hitbox in the game. As a R.O.B. main, just having a spinning gyro on the ground between me and DDD completely shuts down his camping game, which makes the match super fun when the opponent inevitably just starts flailing around and airspamming me in total confusion.
Nothing against DDD mains, but I really love the matchup.

Last edited:

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
:4dedede: is a character that I'm really starting to hate see on 1v1. All they do is float around near the ledge and spam gordos. I just had a match today with a King DeDeDe that did exactly that and the match lasted until there was about 15 seconds left. How in the world can someone have fun by doing just about nothing for 5 minutes?
As a dedede main, I can safely say it's because that, simply put, if you dont show me that you can deal with gordo, you will be getting nothing but gordo until you find a way around it.

Gordos get spammed because the player on the receiving end hasnt made the dedede player feel like he has to fear it getting sent back in his face. You need to make me not want to spam it.

And if a dedede keeps spamming them even after you keep sending them back? Dont stop, because it's free damage. Sometimes you just need to let players be their own worst enemy.

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
As a dedede main, I can safely say it's because that, simply put, if you dont show me that you can deal with gordo, you will be getting nothing but gordo until you find a way around it.

Gordos get spammed because the player on the receiving end hasnt made the dedede player feel like he has to fear it getting sent back in his face. You need to make me not want to spam it.

And if a dedede keeps spamming them even after you keep sending them back? Dont stop, because it's free damage. Sometimes you just need to let players be their own worst enemy.
I get this a lot from many different characters. They do one move (in this case, Gordos) and, even after I show them I've figured it out and punish accordingly, they continue to do it which results in a quick match. My guess is they were just trolling or just new to the game.

The only frustrating thing is coming upon this style of play in lag. With some characters, moves, projectiles, etc, in order to avoid or counter them, you need somewhat precise timing. Without it, you can easily run into stuff and get punished. For instance, try going against a projectile happy Link in lag. Not fun. My normal strategy against a Link would be to hop and shield the projectiles and get in close before any of his multi-hit Smash attacks, quick tilts or ridiculously long range grab gets me. In lag, it's easy to be off on my shield game by a millisecond and then get caught up in his spam.

Of course, that's just For Glory, but tactics like that are greatly rewarded when in lag, unfortunately.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
As a R.O.B. main, just having a spinning gyro on the ground between me and DDD completely shuts down his camping game, which makes the match super fun when the opponent inevitably just starts flailing around and airspamming me in total confusion.

Yeah, I really love the matchup.
As both a ROB main and a King Dedede main I know how bad the match up can be myself sometimes. Normally when I face a King Dedede while playing as ROB all it takes is a quick laser or gyro to immediately send it back in their faces. When it's the other way around I'm definitely extremely careful with my Gordos and use them when I know I can either shield them or land a hit.

Bonus Story: The whole Gyro on the ground reflecting a Gordo reminded me of something. Once I actually had a 4 way Sudden Death in FFA For Glory. I believe it was me as ROB against a Peach, King Dedede, and Greninja. The King Dedede sucked up the Greninja and managed to take me out with him, but not before I released a Gyro. The Greninja went next and the Peach was just hanging onto the edge repeatedly. When the Dedede tried to use a Gordo my Gyro smacked it back, causing the Peach to win.

I ain't gonna win cause of you, you ain't gonna win cause of me! (Extra Credit to those who get this)

This is also pretty true. If I can get away with using Gordos then I'm going to use them to edge guard, rack up damage, etc when and if I can. I don't use my Gordos too often myself, but I do find myself using them a little more if a person cannot defend against them. They're great to trick others and to keep them on their guard. If they do more bad then good I'd be more careful.

Last edited:

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
Don't you people just hate when characters like Kirby, Bowser, and King Dedede try and kill you with suicide attacks?
Especially Kirby's who Swallow you, take you off stage and footstool you.
Note: This happened during FFA.

abx

Smash Journeyman
Taking into consideration how thin-skinned people around here are and how representative this community might be, I come to the frightful assumption that so many people receive me either as salty, cocky, trying too hard or all of the above for completely imaginative reasons. This makes me sad.

Super Ocebe

Smash Cadet
NNID
EckartGreiner
Make it short and sweet: What makes you rage in For Glory? What things does your opponent do in For Glory that sends you off and ticks you off?

For me, it's when I play a For Glory match and I fight a LINK user, and they just throw projectiles at me (As a Falco / R.O.B. / Pac-Man main, that's not smart.) And then when I get close they'll shield and up B out of shield or Down smash or just roll away til they're on the other side of the stage. And then when they get lucky enough to land a kill from spamming down smash or forward smash 1 and 2, they'll do his up taunt or down taunt and sometimes if they even WIN, they'll leave the room after being in the Viewing Results... thing for a long time, most likely saving a replay for them to laugh about how "good" they are or something. I only save For Glory replays when I go in deep with Falco , R.O.B. or especially Pac-Man. Or, if I get bodied by an ACTUAL good player who knows their character and does something flashy, like run off stage with Falcon and do a quick down air and it spikes.

What makes you guys mad in For Glory?
Skilled Duck Hunt players are the worst!!

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
Don't you people just hate when characters like Kirby, Bowser, and King Dedede try and kill you with suicide attacks?
Especially Kirby's who Swallow you, take you off stage and footstool you.
Note: This happened during FFA.
Don't forget Ganondorf. These players are the most pathetic. I completely understand the strategy and, since Nintendo doesn't take it out, it's not an exploit. The fact is, though, it's very sad. If you're not good enough to actually win without a fluke move like that, why even play?

Don't get me wrong, if you use it strategically, I don't really mind it. I know how to avoid these moves, so if I run into it, that's on me. It's the players that simply fish for it for 98% of the match. That's a strange mix of hilarious and deplorable.

Skilled Duck Hunt players are the worst!!
I like any player that takes a "flowchart character" and makes them unique. I see that you main Samus. She is one of the worst flowchart character I come across online. Roll to the side, spam projectiles, rinse and repeat. Maybe throw a dash attack in here and there, but basically it's just roll-spam-roll-spam. When I encounter one that actually has taken the time to learn the character and devise a competent strategy, I applaud them. My favorite thing about Smash is finding people that know how to uniquely and successfully utilize underused characters. Duck Hunt is very similar to Samus in this regard. Most people want to camp and spam. I've come across some very smart Duck Hunt players that have absolutely destroyed me because they used a strategy I didn't realize Duck Hunt could implement. Good stuff, more people need to have this mindset instead of trying to mimic tourney videos they watched on YouTube.

Last edited:

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
I hate FG Wario's... I rarely see one, and when I finally do it's one spamming the Bike and the Chomp. Since I rarely see the character, I am bodied most of the time (one of them 2-Stocked me with 188% damage) because I don't know how to deal with him. It annoys the thing out of me, because it's rare to see a good one, but I still fall for its tricks.

Last edited:

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
Don't forget Ganondorf. These players are the most pathetic. I completely understand the strategy and, since Nintendo doesn't take it out, it's not an exploit. The fact is, though, it's very sad. If you're not good enough to actually win without a fluke move like that, why even play?

Don't get me wrong, if you use it strategically, I don't really mind it. I know how to avoid these moves, so if I run into it, that's on me. It's the players that simply fish for it for 98% of the match. That's a strange mix of hilarious and deplorable.
I didn't list Ganondorf since I've never met a Ganon player online that would just camp the ledge and try to Flame Choke suicide like Kirby and King Dedede with their Swallows, or a Bowser who would just use Body Slam and take you off the stage.
I really hate it when players abuse laggy environments with their characters.
I once fight a projectile spamming Link and a Body Slam suicide spamming Bowser in a Laggy and Delayed input match. Pure hell I tell you. By some miracle I won, but I immediately quit and didn't play online for another hour.

Last edited:

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
Not being able to beat someone in For Glory.

Grinds my gears and my teeth quite aplenty.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Well after i spent some time playing on FG, i can safely say that nothing really grinds my gears anymore, except for lag.

lag just messes with my playstyle while it benefits the omnipresent Spamus and Spam Link. Loosing here feels really unfair.
If it lags against someone who's also good, though, it's kind of OK. They had to struggle with the lag, too.

So, basically, I just stay calm and collected, leave after I get bodied (and I literally mean bodied) or when the lag's unbearable and try to have fun with the mode in general.

FG gets a whole new spin if you know the "FG Meta". Links, Macs, Falcons, etc are just whimps once you know how to handle the bad ones. The good ones actually make for pretty fun matches, though.

Oh, speaking of the "spammy" players: just acknowledge that behind the other TV screen, there's probably a young'un having a blast with his smash bros game, loving it to death. who knows, maybe he or she'll grow up into a grumpy smashboarder him or herself, one day!

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I think lag gets to just about everyone, but I think it benefits the heavyweights the most. It makes it super easy to land those otherwise oh-so punishable Smash attacks and it just feels really unfair when I get smashed out of the arena at 60% due to my inputs being lagged out and not letting me avoid or punish slow attacks. Then, of course, after the match is over, the opponent saves the replay and uploads it with a caption like "LOL IDIOT! XD" or "WHAT A NUB", painting me as if I'm new to the game and completely neglecting to mention the constant frame hiccups. Needless to say, it's hardly an even match, and it definitely bothers me to no end.

Last edited:

Lag Chan

Fastfall Nair Everyday
NNID
BlankaHondaShrek
Apparently everyone became a Ness main overnight because a vast majority of my matches were against Ness players. Considering Ness is one of the worst match ups for both Dedede and Little Mac, it was less than fun.

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
I didn't list Ganondorf since I've never met a Ganon player online that would just camp the ledge and try to Flame Choke suicide like Kirby and King Dedede with their Swallows, or a Bowser who would just use Body Slam and take you off the stage.
I really hate it when players abuse laggy environments with their characters.
I once fight a projectile spamming Link and a Body Slam suicide spamming Bowser in a Laggy and Delayed input match. Pure hell I tell you. By some miracle I won, but I immediately quit and didn't play online for another hour.
Consider yourself lucky. I swear everyone that I play that uses Ganondorf employs this tactic once I lose one of my stocks. They stay near the side and attempt to jump off just enough, hoping I'll attempt to run up and punish, and then they try to Ganoncide me. It's so tempting to try to punish, but that's a dangerous game I choose not to play.

And I can totally relate to your story about the lag. Been there, done that more times than I care to admit. Smash is an amazing game, but lag really kills it. Anyone that says they don't mind lag is either lying or a terrible, terrible human being.

Apparently everyone became a Ness main overnight because a vast majority of my matches were against Ness players. Considering Ness is one of the worst match ups for both Dedede and Little Mac, it was less than fun.
That's mostly just Nintendo's weird match-making system. On any given day, the game will only match you up with certain characters. Extremely frustrating. I go online to play a variety of opponents. I hate when it decides to only connect me to Ganondorfs and Links. Yesterday it was only Ness and Little Mac. A few days ago it was Peach and Sonic. Why, Nintendo..... why???

Last edited:

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
I think lag gets to just about everyone, but I think it benefits the heavyweights the most. It makes it super easy to land those otherwise oh-so punishable Smash attacks and it just feels really unfair when I get smashed out of the arena at 60% due to my inputs being lagged out and not letting me avoid or punish slow attacks. Then, of course, after the match is over, the opponent saves the replay and uploads it with a caption like "LOL IDIOT! XD" or "WHAT A NUB", painting me as if I'm new to the game and completely neglecting to mention the constant frame hiccups. Needless to say, it's hardly an even match, and it definitely bothers me to no end.
I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one. I play Palutena, and even though she is technically a lightweight character, she plays more like a heavyweight. Let me just say that it isn't even remotely fun to play her in lag. If anything, it feels like lag makes it even easier for my opponents to avoid her smash attacks.

Here is something that happens often with her in laggy matches. I'll grab my opponent at kill percents and use down throw, and I'll notice that they screwed up their DI meaning that up air, her best kill move, is guaranteed. If there is bad lag however, sometimes the jump won't register and I'll get up smash instead. It feels horrible to watch a two minute long slide show of you missing her slowest attack as you wait for your opponent to inevitably punish you with their own kill move.

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
I find it to be the opposite. I recently started playing Charizard and when I run into lag, I know it's not going to be fun. As a heavy character, I have to be smart with my moves. Everything has ending lag. To get in on smaller, quicker characters I have to space accordingly and use my shield. In lag, this is all thrown off and I'm easily combo'd due to mistiming my moves just slightly. With a faster character, they can more easily see what my move is going to be and run in. With Charizard, it's hard to get that correct timing on a run-in/punish. Flare Blitz is useless in lag. I think the faster characters have more room for error, in general, and aren't sitting ducks if they miss a grab or attack. With a larger character, missing an attack is always bad, but especially so when in lag since the opponent has plenty of time to decide upon an effective counter.

Lag Chan

Fastfall Nair Everyday
NNID
BlankaHondaShrek
Here's a little round up of the worst stuff from the past few days since I've returned to For Glory:
  • Falcon players, stop trying to go for the disrespect. You're just making yourselves look stupid. All they do is spam fair in hopes of sweetspotting on top of always trying to go for the dair spike when I'm off stage. Best of all, I've had three Falcon players throw the game because they tried to go for the off stage falcon punch which completely misses and makes them SD.
  • Extremely campy Villagers when I'm playing as Mac. I get that Villager is all about keepaway, but when all you're going to do is camp the ledge and spam either rocket or grab, then you're just coming off as a douche. Thankfully pretty much every Villager I've ran into doesn't know how good Mac's super armour is or that his down tilt side smash shield breaks, so I can usually win. Doesn't make the long drawn out 4 minute matches any more fun.
  • What is it with salty Shulk players? Had a Shulk who clearly knew the Mac match up and destroy me, on top of clearly saving the replay too. Next game I switch to Dedede and beat him easily, to which he rage quits when he loses. Second was a cocky Greninja who taunt spammed for gimping me with Mac and switched to Shulk for the next game, using nothing but Buster and spamming up B and side B. He got beaten extremely easily and rage quitted as well. Come on, you're giving actually good Shulk players a bad name.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Here's a little round up of the worst stuff from the past few days since I've returned to For Glory:
  • Falcon players, stop trying to go for the disrespect. You're just making yourselves look stupid. All they do is spam fair in hopes of sweetspotting on top of always trying to go for the dair spike when I'm off stage. Best of all, I've had three Falcon players throw the game because they tried to go for the off stage falcon punch which completely misses and makes them SD.
Heh, reminds me of this replay I got a couple days ago...

Last edited:

Thorina

Smash Rookie
-When people try to ditto your character after winning, oooh I hate this. Especially when the person won and taunted for every KO including when I miss the ledge because of lag. It comes off as really disrespectful and cocky. Is it really necessary?
-On the other hand, people who rematch me after I win just to spam and roll the entire match.
-Ganondorfs that immediately try to Ganoncide the entire match. Kirbys that immediately run to the edge and inhale and keep doing that the entire match
-I think I keep getting matched with the same characters in cycles. A while ago it seemed to be only Mario and Ness, now it's only Lucas, Link, Toon Link, Link, and Link
-Link
-Pls go away Link
-Had a strange For Glory thing just happen earlier. I usually play as Zelda most of the time, and pretty much never see another Zelda online. Today I was playing a different character and I get matched with this girl, and she picks Zelda. So the match starts and she just stands there and does nothing. I stand at the opposite ledge spamming jab waiting for a sign of life before attacking. Then she very slowly walks to the ledge and SDs. She respawns, and again slowlyyyy walks to the edge and SDs. ...Okay then. Maybe something came up during the fight. So we rematch and again she's Zelda, and again she just stands there for like 1 minute, then turns and slowly walks to the edge and SDs twice again, then immediately leaves the room. I have no idea what that was supposed to be, but I'll put it here anyway since it was pretty weird, haha

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
I feel like it's been a long time since I fought a legit Ness match in teams that wasn't just the person spamming the PK thunder recovery move the entire time.

Funny enough I joined this For Glory team match where a certain player was a bit chatty. When she'd say something smart/snarky, like 'UMAD?' or something. I just put the LOL tag. Everyone else always readied too quick to respond while she lingered, I always do too lol. Went back in and her Ness was doing her typical spamming PK thunder recovery across the stage. That round ends and she goes, 'AFTERMUCH?'

I put LOL again and I knew she was referring to me cause I was Roy that round while my partner was Samus who stayed back. So it appeared that I was just after her all the time cause I was always up close and hitting while Samus only came up every once in a while. But it's like hello, this is a team match, there's only two people I can attack and you're one of them. Plus you're spamming the same move over and over which makes you predictable and easy to punish.

Apples13

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4983-5407-8362
So I just fought a Dedede on For Glory, and I beat him. He then proceeded to alternate his tag between "LOL CHEESE" and "UR BANNED." I fought him again and he won because he was Dedede and dash attack kills at 0% or whatever. He then proceeds to trash talk me using the name tags. I fight him once more, and I win. Proud of my achievement, I decide to fight him once more to prove my superiority. He beats me. He trash talks me again. I fight him again because I'm mad. I win. He changes his tag to "LOL CHEESE" once more before leaving. I have no idea what was wrong with him.

Top Bottom