• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What grinds your gears in For Glory mode? (THE ROLLENING)

One Handed Sword

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1005-9385-3445
When someone woops me then I start to catch on to them and it ends as a close game. Then they leave out of fear. Cant stand those cowards.

SonicNKnux

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SonicNKnux
3DS FC
2251-4823-9526
Fighting ******** who spam, taunt, cheat, and use bull**** tactics. It makes me feel like I'm awful at the game, which leads me to become depressed and want to ****ing break something. It got so bad that I almost thought of killing my own brother when he said he'll tell my mom when I threw my controller at lightning speed at my wall, chipping it. For Glory is where the ******** lurk, and if I could get the chance, I'll hunt down each of these guys and show them how to play the game properly. Sorry... I'm an angry person.
Honestly...
Another thing I've been noticing is the character redundancy depending on who I play as. If I play Palutena, I WILL fight at least 30 unique Marth/Lucinas that day: fairs, rolling, jab > fsmash, grab spam and LOTS of flying shield breakers. I can also expect Captain Falcon, Yoshi, ZSS, Luigi, Bowser and Little Mac.

Meta Knight nets me Samus, Link, Roy, Shulk, Ganondorf, Ness and Duck Hunt.

Using Sonic often gets me mirror matches and camp plays.

Rosalina recieves disconnects and ragequits (this is why I'm not as good with her as I could be, my personal playstyle doesn't even include Luma being attached to the hip. I use it as a puppet, not a meat shield, and am always learning new tandem setups. Idk what they're so mad about).

At any given moment Mewtwo will have any of the above sent it's way; Villagers and Marth/Lucina get honorable mention.

Lastly, if I begin to win a few matches with any of my characters I get the special treat of fighting ANOTHER Pit/Dark Pit.

Don't get me wrong, some of these people are good, or at least better than me. There's Biro the Peach/R&L player, for example. When i first played him/her back in February, I got 2-stocked for about 20 matches with Peach, then 10 more with Rosa. I met them again a few days ago, and out of 10 matches I got 2-stocked in the first, and lost 7 more, but each loss was a close one. I won 2. Obviously I am getting better, at least.

The BS I encounter is enough to make me wish we had win rate matchmaking. I know I'm fighting a lot of the same people because they switch characters expecting to fight Palutena whenever I enter the room! Even if you're good, the way you go about winning by taunting and teabagging... Really?! I know you're good, but I'm losing respect for you by the second.

For Glory's Top 10:
Mario, Luigi, Link, Ganondorf, Marth, Dedede, Mac, Fox, Ness, and Falcon.

Sorry, I needed to vent too -_-

Last edited:

Mental Surge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GisR FTG
3DS FC
4098-5877-7114
Oh and how the hell could I forget Captian Falcon players? Every time I decide to play smash, I'm guaranteed to face at least 3 of them. And every one. EVERY.SINGLE.ONE.TAUNTS. I'd love to know what the mentality of the average CF player is. It's a universal rule that they have no respect for anyone and feel the need to taunt over and over at every given opportunity. The thing that makes it so much worse is the fact that CF is OP as **** in this game, and dealing with them online with lag is so frustrating. Absolutely hate CF players. All of them. Unfortunately that's like 45% of the smash 4 community right there.

I also hate ganon because of his utterly ******** ganoncide tactic. Yeah, that makes sense, get rid of bowser's suicide attack but leave ganon's in. Makes perfect sense. At 0% against a 145% ganon that's just standing by the ledge waiting for you to come close? Too bad, make ONE TINY mistake and you lose.

Last edited:

FP-Takyon

Smash Apprentice
Oh and how the hell could I forget Captian Falcon players? Every time I decide to play smash, I'm guaranteed to face at least 3 of them. And every one. EVERY.SINGLE.ONE.TAUNTS. I'd love to know what the mentality of the average CF player is. It's a universal rule that they have no respect for anyone and feel the need to taunt over and over at every given opportunity. The thing that makes it so much worse is the fact that CF is OP as **** in this game, and dealing with them online with lag is so frustrating. Absolutely hate CF players. All of them. Unfortunately that's like 45% of the smash 4 community right there.

I also hate ganon because of his utterly ******** ganoncide tactic. Yeah, that makes sense, get rid of bowser's suicide attack but leave ganon's in. Makes perfect sense. At 0% against a 145% ganon that's just standing by the ledge waiting for you to come close? Too bad, make ONE TINY mistake and you lose.
lol cap isn't op and the ganoncide is risky and extremely hard to pull off properly against people who know what they're doing, as opposed to bowser, who's side b is just like his normal grab.

wanna avoid getting ganoncided? stay away the ledge when he's recovering. don't chase ganondorf off the ledge. if you're the one off the ledge and he's coming for one, airdodge. he'll die.

and if he wants to time you out, lol, ****in let him, he's ganondorf. I guarantee whatever character you're using has a better chance in sudden death than ganon does

Last edited:

Mental Surge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GisR FTG
3DS FC
4098-5877-7114
lol cap isn't op and the ganoncide is risky and extremely hard to pull off properly against people who know what they're doing, as opposed to bowser, who's side b is just like his normal grab.

wanna avoid getting ganoncided? stay away the ledge when he's recovering. don't chase ganondorf off the ledge. if you're the one off the ledge and he's coming for one, airdodge. he'll die.

and if he wants to time you out, lol, ****in let him, he's ganondorf. I guarantee whatever character you're using has a better chance in sudden death than ganon does
Captain Falcon IS op without a doubt. And you are missing the point, there should not be an attack that can instakill you regardless of damage. It's so annoying when we are both down to 1 stock, and a SINGLE lapse in judgement means you lose. I always love when people say "just avoid it!", oh yeah, because it's inconceivable that someone would occasionally get hit by hit right? There's only so many ways I can approach with MK against a ganon. And if he is waiting me out I should just deal with it? Think about what you just said, the player instantly gets a much larger chance of the win than they deserve.

All of these issues are made so much worse by the inevitable lag.

Last edited:

Rinkario

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rinkario253
3DS FC
3780-9024-1899
Captain Falcon IS op without a doubt. And you are missing the point, there should not be an attack that can instakill you regardless of damage. It's so annoying when we are both down to 1 stock, and a SINGLE lapse in judgement means you lose. I always love when people say "just avoid it!", oh yeah, because it's inconceivable that someone would occasionally get hit by hit right? There's only so many ways I can approach with MK against a ganon. And if he is waiting me out I should just deal with it? Think about what you just said, the player instantly gets a much larger chance of the win than they deserve.

All of these issues are made so much worse by the inevitable lag.
Just because Falcon is above average doesn't exactly make him OP. His fast fall makes him easy to combo and his predictable recovery can leave him open if he's not too close to the edge. As for Ganoncide, Takyon already said what had to be said about it. He can only do it when you're near the ledge. If he misses, then he's just left open for something.

Mental Surge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GisR FTG
3DS FC
4098-5877-7114
Just because Falcon is above average doesn't exactly make him OP. His fast fall makes him easy to combo and his predictable recovery can leave him open if he's not too close to the edge. As for Ganoncide, Takyon already said what had to be said about it. He can only do it when you're near the ledge. If he misses, then he's just left open for something.
He's definitely op, at least on the 3ds in FG. He's too damn fast, can combo so damn easily, and has so many options for killing, and with lag it's just stupid.

If I'm anywhere near the ledge? Umm I play MK so I have to be near the ledge if he is, in order to hit him lol. The point is that a single lapse in judgement (or poor timing from lag) can result in a loss regardless of the damage differential. I have no problem with killing and whatnot killing early as that requires both of you to be off the stage in order for it to happen. With ganoncide, you just have to be near the ledge, and for melee characters that can be annoying.

Last edited:

FP-Takyon

Smash Apprentice
that's a fallical argument, though. if you're convinced that falcon is op, then perhaps you would do well to look up matchup information for meta knight and figure out sound strategies for how to overcome him. just because what you're doing isn't working doesn't make him overpowered.

as for ganoncides, you really do not NEED to put yourself in the line of fire to kill ganon. MK is gimp heavy, ganondorf is prone to gimps, and ganon cant ganoncide you from below. remember that.

when I first played fg, I thought wow spammy characters sure are ridiculous. but you know, the funniest thing happened. I started experimenting with approach options. as I heavily play ike and, less often, ganondorf, I found myself at a disadvantage. but I learned more approach options for the both of them, and now projectile spam is really more of a mild nuisance than a game breaking problem for me.

I really do believe you're approaching it with the wrong attitude, and until you stop blaming your losses on "well falcons just op, well ganoncide is dumb and there's no way I can avoid it," you are stunting your own growth as a player.

we all have our gripes about this game, and that's fine, but acting like the game is broken when you get outplayed really isn't constructive to anyone

Mental Surge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GisR FTG
3DS FC
4098-5877-7114
that's a fallical argument, though. if you're convinced that falcon is op, then perhaps you would do well to look up matchup information for meta knight and figure out sound strategies for how to overcome him. just because what you're doing isn't working doesn't make him overpowered.

as for ganoncides, you really do not NEED to put yourself in the line of fire to kill ganon. MK is gimp heavy, ganondorf is prone to gimps, and ganon cant ganoncide you from below. remember that.

when I first played fg, I thought wow spammy characters sure are ridiculous. but you know, the funniest thing happened. I started experimenting with approach options. as I heavily play ike and, less often, ganondorf, I found myself at a disadvantage. but I learned more approach options for the both of them, and now projectile spam is really more of a mild nuisance than a game breaking problem for me.

I really do believe you're approaching it with the wrong attitude, and until you stop blaming your losses on "well falcons just op, well ganoncide is dumb and there's no way I can avoid it," you are stunting your own growth as a player.

we all have our gripes about this game, and that's fine, but acting like the game is broken when you get outplayed really isn't constructive to anyone
No, CF IS OP, at least in 3ds on FG. Simple as that. You have not convinced me in any way that he is not, and the hundreds of games I play against him has done nothing but convince me he is. And I have to ask about your "you dont have to be in the line of fire to approach ganon" comment. Ummm are you kidding? Please tell me how, I'd love to know. I have played thousands of games as MK and yes, often if you are fast and skilled, you can nullify ganon to a large extent. The PROBLEM however, is that there is NO way to approach him without being at risk for an instant kill when he's near a ledge. No projectiles to zone him or anything. THAT is a problem. Really though, give me some suggestions because I'm lost.

A REAL fallical argument is what you are doing; trying to convince everyone that this game completely balanced. Perhaps CF is simply above average, and the matchup is terrible, or maybe I just happen to lag every single time I face a CF, but something is clearly wrong here. I can't help but wonder WHY everyone plays CF though, sure there's simple popularity, but if he were a bad character I feel like not nearly as many people would be playing him. Maybe he's just really easy to play.

Last edited:

RDR7

Smash Cadet
No, CF IS OP, at least in 3ds on FG. Simple as that. You have not convinced me in any way that he is not, and the hundreds of games I play against him has done nothing but convince me he is. And I have to ask about your "you dont have to be in the line of fire to approach ganon" comment. Ummm are you kidding? Please tell me how, I'd love to know. I have played thousands of games as MK and yes, often if you are fast and skilled, you can nullify ganon to a large extent. The PROBLEM however, is that there is NO way to approach him without being at risk for an instant kill when he's near a ledge. No projectiles to zone him or anything. THAT is a problem. Really though, give me some suggestions because I'm lost.
His recovery is easy to manipulate, and requires decent fundamentals to be anywhere decent in the competitive scene.

FP-Takyon

Smash Apprentice
No, CF IS OP
sigh.

I see this conversation going in circles, so have at it. you can keep on blaming your failures on the game rather than yourself, and never learning a thing because you're focused on how big the obstacle seems to you rather than the workarounds. I won't stop you.

as for ganoncide approaches, I literally just said he can't ganoncide you from below, unless he has his second jump saved, and even then, surely an approach directly from above would nullify that.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215

lmao do you have any actual reasoning to him being OP, like tournament results, crazy combos, broken mechanics?
No right?
He's not that hard to approach, doesn't have many approach options and is relatively easy to zone or gimp
But Zero must keep a pocket Falcon because hot damn he does well on FG
I'd love to play you, dw I don't play Falcon

Last edited:

Mental Surge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GisR FTG
3DS FC
4098-5877-7114
sigh.

I see this conversation going in circles, so have at it. you can keep on blaming your failures on the game rather than yourself, and never learning a thing because you're focused on how big the obstacle seems to you rather than the workarounds. I won't stop you.

as for ganoncide approaches, I literally just said he can't ganoncide you from below, unless he has his second jump saved, and even then, surely an approach directly from above would nullify that.
Ahh the old "UR BAD JUST GET BETTER" garbage. Right, I love how you just assume I have not tried that. Oh trust me, I do, but it's always an uphill battle. Again, it's people like you that blindly defend the game no matter what. Why is it such a foreign concept to you that the game isnt completely balanced. That's fine, I dont expect it to be, I'm just saying. I mean, I wonder why they are continuously balance changing the game with each new major update.

lmao do you have any actual reasoning to him being OP, like tournament results, crazy combos, broken mechanics?
No right?
He's not that hard to approach, doesn't have many approach options and is relatively easy to zone or gimp
But Zero must keep a pocket Falcon because hot damn he does well on FG
I'd love to play you, dw I don't play Falcon
Dawww did I make you upset? Oh ho, now we are bringing in pro players into the convo. Well if you have actually been reading (or comprehending) anything I have said, it is that he is OP in FG at least on 3ds. His speed combined with lag makes him so annoyingly hard to punish. Add on to that the annoying combo potential he has and how easily he can kill, and yeah, he is a pain to deal with.

Oh but please tell me how to approach him with MK, oh wise one. Please, I can't wait to see the strategy that I have already tried be suggested.

Last edited by a moderator:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Ahh the old "UR BAD JUST GET BETTER" garbage. Right, I love how you just assume I have not tried that. Oh trust me, I do, but it's always an uphill battle. Again, it's people like you that blindly defend the game no matter what. Why is it such a foreign concept to you that the game isnt completely balanced. That's fine, I dont expect it to be, I'm just saying. I mean, I wonder why they are continuously balance changing the game with each new major update.
I love how my post didn't give you the usual git gud and asked for reasoning behind your logic and you ignore that
Can you actually back up your statements with logical reasoning instead of blaming the game for your shortcomings and raging? The game seems to be pretty well balanced considering how low to mid tier characters place well amongst the Sheiks and Rosas, no broken mechanics, no completely dominant top tiers like Melee Fox, etc.
If you can't give logical reasoning then you're just whining, tru fax ;3

Last edited:

FP-Takyon

Smash Apprentice
lmao. when did I say the game was balanced? of course it's not balanced. that would be impossible. saying that nothing is broken about falcon isn't saying the game is totally balanced. what kind of ladder did you dig up to make that reach?

Mental Surge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GisR FTG
3DS FC
4098-5877-7114
lmao. when did I say the game was balanced? of course it's not balanced. that would be impossible. saying that nothing is broken about falcon isn't saying the game is totally balanced. what kind of ladder did you dig up to make that reach?
Perhaps because you made the completely expected response of "just get better luls" instead actually providing any evidence. It seems like you are completely against the idea of him being imbalanced despite the fact that balancing a game like this absurdly difficult, especially when you add in latency issues.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Dawww did I make you upset? Oh ho, now we are bringing in pro players into the convo. Well if you have actually been reading (or comprehending) anything I have said, it is that he is OP in FG at least on 3ds. His speed combined with lag makes him so annoyingly hard to punish. Add on to that the annoying combo potential he has and how easily he can kill, and yeah, he is a pain to deal with.

Oh but please tell me how to approach him with MK, oh wise one. Please, I can't wait to see the strategy that I have already tried be suggested.
you do know bad MUs exist
and instead of proactively trying to learn how to beat a Falcon, you're whining about it
Ask questions, visit MU threads, etc
A FG falcon is your basis for saying he's OP
I didn't bother to read all of your posts because this ragey salt shtick is repetitive enough for me to get the gist
Play patiently, MK doesn't have to approach
Falcon doesn't have many great approach options, will likely opt for dash grab
You're subjecting yourself to laggy falcons lmao
It's FG, move on and save yourself the salt

Last edited:

FP-Takyon

Smash Apprentice
Perhaps because you made the completely expected response of "just get better luls" instead actually providing any evidence. It seems like you are completely against the idea of him being imbalanced despite the fact that balancing a game like this absurdly difficult, especially when you add in latency issues.
What's been said about captain falcons shortcomings have already been said and don't need to be repeated. I did offer some advice, at least when dealing with the oh so powerful ganoncide. you have thus far ignored or flat out rejected any advice or evidence contrary to your assumptions that "CF is bull****" and "ganoncide op" despite it being actually useful advice.

and yeah, hate to be that guy, but sorry, you're bad. and it's not because you don't know how to deal with falcon or ganoncides, it's because you would rather cling on to this arbitrary belief that they're just these unfair, unstoppable forces working against you and that there's nothing you can do about it than learn. you've resigned yourself into this attitude and that is what makes you bad at smash.

gg, cya l8r, no re

Last edited:

Mental Surge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GisR FTG
3DS FC
4098-5877-7114
you do know bad MUs exist
and instead of proactively trying to learn how to beat a Falcon, you're whining about it
Ask questions, visit MU threads, etc
A FG falcon is your basis for saying he's OP
I didn't bother to read all of your posts because this ragey salt shtick is repetitive enough for me to get the gist
Play patiently, MK doesn't have to approach
Falcon doesn't have many great approach options, will likely opt for dash grab
You're subjecting yourself to laggy falcons
Okay first of all, I said multiple times that I HAVE tried 'learning' the matchup (but I guess you just had to be another person jumping to defend the almighty Nintendo on how It's always the players fault). If you got the impression that I have jsut given up, then I am sorry if that seemed to be what I was getting at there. No, of course I TRY to beat any player I face, but CF imo is OP on 3ds. Like Sonic, he's incredibly hard to punish. It's very hard to react in time to deal with him. Soinc however has a ton of work arounds to deal with that. I havent found any reliable ones with CF other than (as you so 'wisely' stated) playing passively, but even then it has problems.

And no, I'm subjecting myself to Captian Falcon on the 3DS in FG. Simple as that.

So yeah, I've tried your sage advice.

Mental Surge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GisR FTG
3DS FC
4098-5877-7114
What's been said about captain falcons shortcomings have already been said and don't need to be repeated. I did offer some advice, at least when dealing with the oh so powerful ganoncide. you have thus far ignored or flat out rejected any advice or evidence contrary to your assumptions that "CF is bull****" and "ganoncide op" despite it being actually useful advice.

and yeah, hate to be that guy, but sorry, you're bad. and it's not because you don't know how to deal with falcon or ganoncides, it's because you would rather cling on to this arbitrary belief that they're just these unfair, unstoppable forces working against you and that there's nothing you can do about it than learn. you've resigned yourself into this attitude and that is what makes you bad at smash.

gg, cya l8r, no re
Actually I responded to your advice about ganon and how pointless it was. Funny, it really does seem like you are just trying to defend the game here above all else.

And sorry, I'm bad? Well I I guess it's hard for me to make much of argument against that without being biased (or you, especially witrhout seeing me play), and as we have already established FG has a TON of problems. That being said, I do think win % means something, no? I dont consider myself a pro, but I have an 89% winrate right now while almost exclusively playing MK, a character I consider to be average at best.

you got it
He's OP on 3DS then
Nintendo made Brawl 2.0
I'm glad you agree with me. Maybe one of these days I could teach you some things about MK?

Last edited by a moderator:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118

A REAL fallical argument is what you are doing; trying to convince everyone that this game completely balanced. Perhaps CF is simply above average, and the matchup is terrible, or maybe I just happen to lag every single time I face a CF, but something is clearly wrong here. I can't help but wonder WHY everyone plays CF though, sure there's simple popularity, but if he were a bad character I feel like not nearly as many people would be playing him. Maybe he's just really easy to play.
Ganon is a bad character; lots of people play him.

Rather than arguing in circles about things, why not post some footage of you playing a competent Falcon for others to see what the issues are?

Mental Surge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GisR FTG
3DS FC
4098-5877-7114
Ganon is a bad character; lots of people play him.

Rather than arguing in circles about things, why not post some footage of you playing a competent Falcon for others to see what the issues are?
Oh you misunderstand, I am not saying ganon is a good character. He could be, but that is not what this was ever about. I am simply saying how stupid I think instakill moves are, especially if they are harder to deal with as a melee character.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Oh you misunderstand, I am not saying ganon is a good character. He could be, but that is not what this was ever about. I am simply saying how stupid I think instakill moves are, especially if they are harder to deal with as a melee character.
No, you've misunderstood. You asked whether lots of people would play Falcon if he was bad. I am using Ganon as a counter-example.

Mental Surge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GisR FTG
3DS FC
4098-5877-7114
No, you've misunderstood. You asked whether lots of people would play Falcon if he was bad. I am using Ganon as a counter-example.
Oh, well you could have BOLDED that part lol. That's odd, considering I dont face ganon's very often (thank **** for that), but I will take your word for it. I will then counter with how often you saw Kirbys in melee, or Meta Knights in brawl, or CFs in brawl. You see, you nitpicked one thing I said which was just me speculating on possible reason as to why CF is so popular, because based on previous Smash games, the 'overpoweredness' of a character or the 'trashness' of them seemed like it was a factor into character selection.

Maybe people don't realize how good he is in Smash 4 and there's another reason for them picking him? I imagine there's tons of reasons but I thought that would be one of them. Not much else to say.

I assume you are suggesting that I was saying that people ONLY play him because he is OP? Of course not, especially not in Smash 4 where balancing is much better than in previous games (my point though is that it still needs work).

Last edited:

FP-Takyon

Smash Apprentice
I think people play falcon more often because his playstyle is fun to a lot of people, and his moves are flashy and showy and make for fun moments. You'd see a ton more sheiks than falcons if people were just hopping on the "best character" bandwagon imo

Mental Surge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GisR FTG
3DS FC
4098-5877-7114
I think people play falcon more often because his playstyle is fun to a lot of people, and his moves are flashy and showy and make for fun moments. You'd see a ton more sheiks than falcons if people were just hopping on the "best character" bandwagon imo
No, but I believe him being good is still a considerable factor. How often did you see him Brawl? I'll admit I didn't play Brawl that much, but everyone seems to say that he was terrible and that no one played him.

Last edited:

FP-Takyon

Smash Apprentice
I never really played brawl online tbh, but I can tell you there was nothing fun about playing as Falcon in brawl lol

Mental Surge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GisR FTG
3DS FC
4098-5877-7114
Kind of like Kirby in melee, which is why I barely played melee.

Anyway, to sum this all up:

Captain Falcon grinds my gears because I play him all the time, and he can be extremely hard to deal with on the 3DS. IMO he's OP because he is, but obviously not everyone's going to share my opinion on that. Regardless, what really annoys me about CF is that virtually every one I play against taunts constantly. Like, constantly. Everyone sees taunting differently, however personally I hate it.

And before anyone asks, I only taunt when my opponent taunts first.

Also I hate instakill attacks like ganoncide.

I had to get this back on topic, no?

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
About Falcon being seen so often in For Glory, I think it's a mix between being kinda easy to play + having some made up combos (that Dash Grab to Uair to Uair) + hyped character + memes (Falcons LOVES to taunt)

I don't think he is OP, but he is definitely annoying, especially because you encounter him so much and know exactly how it is going to be.

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
My pet peeves on for glory is Lucinas that always get their counters at the right moment. It's very annoying.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I am a big fan of fighting cheese with cheese. Thankfully ROB is well equipped to cheese opponents back quite well.

Projectile spammers? Wait for them to start charging an arrow, fire a laser. Rinse and repeat until they are annoyed into approaching.

Bonus Track: Deliberately let max aura Lucario fully charge an Aura Sphere. Lay a Gyro on the ground and taunt, knowing their sphere will hit the Gyro and be fully absorbed. Hilarity ensues.

Falcons who can't do anything other than Dash getting your goat? Put a Gyro on the floor. Let them run straight into it a couple of times until they learn to jump over it or pick it up.

Ledge joggers? Throw a Gyro straight downwards whilst above them. At high percentages, do it whilst facing the stage for a stage spike and a hilarious KO.

Personal Favourite: Bait your opponent into going really deep off stage to try attack. Laugh as they can't subsequently recover and you do easily. Bonus points if you recover underneath the stage to the other side or massively high so you grab the ledge opposite the blast zone you were near.

Honestly, when you start taking the game a little less seriously against some players it becomes a lot more fun.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Today I ran into a lot of spammers, mainly Pikachu. I almost threw my controller in rage again, but almost breaking it the last time I threw my controller, I decided it would be a better idea not to have to explain to my parents that I need a new controller for $50. I swear, I'm starting to suck in this game, and I'm starting to feel demoralized by it. No kidding, I almost wanted to break my brother's face when he was telling me my mistakes. I don't know if I'm good or not, because if I see another person mock me online, I'm going to break something, hopefully the face of the ************ that decides to taunt me.

One Handed Sword

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1005-9385-3445
Today I ran into a lot of spammers, mainly Pikachu. I almost threw my controller in rage again, but almost breaking it the last time I threw my controller, I decided it would be a better idea not to have to explain to my parents that I need a new controller for $50. I swear, I'm starting to suck in this game, and I'm starting to feel demoralized by it. No kidding, I almost wanted to break my brother's face when he was telling me my mistakes. I don't know if I'm good or not, because if I see another person mock me online, I'm going to break something, hopefully the face of the ************ that decides to taunt me.
Mate I think you should stop playing smash for your own good. Find another hobby that is more enjoyable and a lot less stressful.For example I am starting to workout and go for long runs in the morning really helps keep the stress down and it betters my body in general.

I am only saying this because thinking of harming your family over a game just ain't right man and when you do inevitably find some scrub who lays you out taunting you throughout the match you're gonna lose it at this point. Either find another hobby or find ways to calm yourself while playing.

D

Deleted member 189823

Did you ever save a replay of me. My name their is simply "Alan", for reference. I tend to use a handful of characters, but my mains are actually Yoshi and Bowser.

Anyway, the For Glory players that most annoy me:

- ****ing, rollers. Please, just stop. For both of our sanity's sake. No, you're not mindgaming the heck out of m, you're just making this match longer for me to win.
- Campy/spammy rollers. God forbid they put their hands on Samus and Link (it's mostly a Link).
- Noobish Marios. Stop fishing for the Grab, the spike and constantly failing gimps with F.L.U.D.D (I always wait for them, they never wait for me to use my jump or anything...and please, for the love of Nayru, quit spamming Smash attacks. -_____-
- "The Switcher". Stop using a million different characters, it's no wonder you suck with them...
- "The Insolent Punk". They're usually Switchers. They tend to go in deep, spam Smash attacks, constantly go for the spike (and never get it) and taunt after every kill. Sort of all the above.
- Ness players. Please, please, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssse stop doing PK Fire. It's just a Shield away from me to punish...

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
I really hate dealing with jabs that don't send you very far which leads to getting hit by another jab.(Yoshi, Jigglypuff, Donkey Kong)
Also, I really hate it when DK's spam the back throw.

ZeekLTK

Smash Cadet
The new tournament mode has shown me that I get upset when people don't have situational awareness. For example, in a 3 stock game with 3 players:

As it gets down to the end, one guy has 2 stocks left (and only like 20% damage) and me and the third guy only have 1 stock each. Now, it seems like it would be obvious that at this point we need to team up against the 2 stock guy and get him down to his last stock as well, or else he is basically guaranteed to win.

So I start focusing on going after him, but the third guy decides he's going to attack me instead and he catches me off guard (from behind) and KOs me. Worse, I literally got into that position to try to PROTECT him because I knew if he got KOed, there would be no way I could win. And instead, he hits me with a charged smash in the back.

Great job, now it's you, with about 70% damage on your last stock vs a guy with 2 stocks remaining. Guess how that turned out? Yeah, the 2-stock guy won. For some reason that really pissed me off... not even that I didn't win, just that the other guy cost both me and HIMSELF the game because of his stupidity.

Top Bottom