• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Gimpy trying to say is...

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Sheik has a basic, simple moveset and all you really need is gimps, ftilts, dsmash, jabs, and grabs to be effective?

clowsui

Smash Legend
Sheik has a basic, simple moveset and all you really need is gimps, ftilts, dsmash, jabs, and grabs to be effective?
you completely missed the point

champ was showing you an example of how basic gameplay can be effective against advanced opponents. obviously you want to use some moves beyond the elementary ones (diminishing returns >_>; ) but drephen's sheik is the perfect proof of how mastering the basic elements of spacing, proper move choice and good prediction/punishment can and will give you an incredibly solid base that you may not even need to add on to to win.

now drephen, since that combo vid, implemented more of an aerial game (he actually used fairs to combo equally as much as dsmash) but that was about it, really; he didn't use needles as much as many other sheiks did, used a hella lot more grabs and guess what? he was midwest captain for crews at basically every big melee tournament he was at (FC3, FC6, FCD, Pound 2, Pound 3). 0c2 and 0c3 had personal crew battles only I think

tl,dr; learn basics until you're at the "drephen" point and then start adding in techs

-Mars-

Smash Hero
you completely missed the point

champ was showing you an example of how basic gameplay can be effective against advanced opponents. obviously you want to use some moves beyond the elementary ones (diminishing returns >_>; ) but drephen's sheik is the perfect proof of how mastering the basic elements of spacing, proper move choice and good prediction/punishment can and will give you an incredibly solid base that you may not even need to add on to to win.

now drephen, since that combo vid, implemented more of an aerial game (he actually used fairs to combo equally as much as dsmash) but that was about it, really; he didn't use needles as much as many other sheiks did, used a hella lot more grabs and guess what? he was midwest captain for crews at basically every big melee tournament he was at (FC3, FC6, FCD, Pound 2, Pound 3). 0c2 and 0c3 had personal crew battles only I think

tl,dr; learn basics until you're at the "drephen" point and then start adding in techs
Pretty much what I was getting at, technical skill is nice, but only after you have fully implemented the basics.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Hey champ.

Sorry i couldn't get back to you.

Xuerarit: since u claim back air
Xuerarit: gimpy claims forward air
Xuerarit: i claim neutraul air
Xuerarit: agreed?

Agreed.

SONiiC_64

Smash Cadet
Wow, he took Falco down like a true Pro. No Spam. Just Pure, 100% "Skill" :p. Nah but seriously, wow, Drephen makes me with Shiek look foolish. He is a Muse to me.

Top Bottom