• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What game are you currently playing?

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Resident Evil Revelations. Owned it for months and just never bothered to load it up.
Now my hype for Mario Maker 2 died down a bit and I'm waiting to get Fire Emblem Three Houses I have the time to dip my toes back into the Resident Evil franchise.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Dragon Quest Builders 2. It's a charming game that's surprisingly addictive. I was a fan of the first one and this is really fun. The only annoyance is how fast your hunger meter drops.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Playing through Fire Emblem: Three Houses on the Black Eagles route. I’m 50 hours into it so far.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I've been focusing on Breath of the Wild for most of the afternoon. I want to cut down on my backlog before I get any brand new games. Specifically...

-I want to beat Breath of the Wild or Ocarina of Time before getting the Link's Awakening remake
-I want to beat Super Mario World or Super Mario 64 before getting Luigi's Mansion
-I want to beat Pokemon Y before getting Pokemon Sword or Shield (not sure which; leaning towards Sword)
-I want to beat Fire Emblem Fates (at least the Birthright route) before getting Fire Emblem Three Houses

For Breath of the Wild, I think I'm nearing the Goron city. I'm hoping that the armour there deals with heat, because I'm not a fan of being severely limited in terms of how much time I can spend exploring the area before Link spontaneously bursts into flame. This will be my third Divine Beast; I'm saving the Gerudos for last because I've heard that both the dungeon and the boss are difficult.

I need to take some time to increase the amount of weapons and health that I can have; I think that, with two full bars of stamina, I should be good for a while. I know that I need to find shrines (and statues) for health and Korok seeds for items, but I don't know where the statues are or how many Korok seeds I need. I'm definitely not aiming for 100% completion, though; much like Mario Odyssey, I just want to beat the game.

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
Smash Ultimate, being obvious. But I've been playing a lot of Heart Gold lately (Randomized Nuzlockes) and returned to try and finish BOTW after an unjust hiatus from it.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I just recently wrapped up my New Game+ run of Persona 5 and am currently working on the following games:

- Fire Emblem Three Houses (I'm six hours into the Golden Deer route and feeling a little overwhelmed by all the mechanics)
- Dragon Quest VIII (I'm honestly considering dropping this since I find it waaaaay too archaic and uninteresting at the moment. It's never a good sign when you're only 20 hours into a game and want it to end already)
- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (I'm working towards the platinum little by little, although the trophy for 100% item completion is tedious as hell),

I might try and work NieR Automata into all of this if I have the time for it.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
In an attempt at catching up on my backlog of physical Switch games, I beat Breath of the Wild (finally - it only took two and a half years of on-again off-again playing) and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3.

Both games were great, though for a game that emphasizes exploration, Zelda made it pretty difficult given the ridiculous amount of damage that enemies do early on in the game. (I'd hate to have went for the Gerudo area first) As for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, it was certainly more colourful and fun to play than Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, though it was a little grindy for my tastes. (if you're going to change your party up, you basically have to do the Infinity Trials to level up your characters)

Now, the only physical Switch games that I have left (not counting two of the games in the Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy - I beat Crash Bandicoot: Warped, and I reached a point in the other two where I couldn't progress any further without putting myself through an unnecessary amount of frustration) are Super Bomberman R, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Final Fantasy X (and X-2, though there's no point in worrying about that until I beat X), and Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night.

Out of those four, I think I'll focus on either Bloodstained or Bomberman first. I'm nearly done with Bomberman (I'm on world 5 out of what I assume is six worlds - one for each of the rival Bombers and one for the final boss), and Bloodstained shouldn't be too long if other Metroidvanias are any indication (at the very least, it won't be 60-100 hours like the other two).

Last edited:

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
Smash Ultimate. Banjo is fun as heck and totally not OP at all.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Garry's Mod, here's some screenshots i captured:
20190908171342_1.jpg

Catch of the night. (Don't ask why Lagiacrus is gigantic.)

20190909171943_1.jpg

Yoshi V.S Hokmuto.

20190909173757_1.jpg

Kirby and Godzilla.

Zyr

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-7530-5324-6817
Animal Crossing New Leaf. I also just tried playing Metroid Prime (the trilogy version w/ motion controls) and oh, God did I suck. Buying a used copy of the GameCube version instead simply because it controls more easily

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Animal Crossing New Leaf. I also just tried playing Metroid Prime (the trilogy version w/ motion controls) and oh, God did I suck. Buying a used copy of the GameCube version instead simply because it controls more easily
That's surprising; I found the Wii version to be much easier. Trying to beat the plant boss in the Gamecube version of Prime 1 was a huge pain from what I recall, whereas it was much easier on the Wii.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I'm playing a really obscure game for that one system with the switching gimmick that nobody owns.

I think the game is called Pokemon Sword?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Bayonetta 2 for the Switch. I beat Rodin, the game's ultra-difficult bonus boss, as well as easy mode. (in that order, because I'm a madman!!!) Now all I need to do in order to 100% complete the game is beat it on the highest difficulty, which will get me the game's final achievement and unlock the last accessory. (which downright breaks the game due to giving you infinite magic, though by the time you have it, you've already done everything)

I've also been playing a bit of Real Bout Fatal Fury. I had Fatal Fury Special on the Wii, but I think I like this one more, since there's slightly more of an emphasis on story. (slightly - this is a fighting game, after all) It also helps that you get the full experience regardless of what difficulty you're playing on or how well you do. (Fatal Fury Special had a bonus boss that required you to beat the game without losing a round, which is unlikely to say the least in an SNK arcade fighter)

Last edited:

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
against every modicum of good judgement i think i'm trying to get 180 emblems in sonic adventure 2 battle

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm going to try playing a few games this weekend. In order from shortest title to longest:

• River City Ransom: I've been meaning to play through this one; not sure whether I'll play it on the Wii or the Switch's NES online app, but I figure I should sit down and give it a shot. From what I recall, it's pretty advanced/detailed for its time.
  • Shonen Jump's Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2: I got the game for $12.50 (the first game cuts out a good chunk of the pre-time-skip era, like the entire Zabuza arc, and the third game ends in the middle of an arc, so this seemed like my best bet for the Switch), and I've been meaning to play it. I want to make some progress before Fairy Tail and One Piece Pirate Warriors 4 come out in March.
  • Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age: Definitive Edition: this is probably the game that I'll be focusing on the most this weekend. I've made it to Sniffleheim (not sure about the spelling), and right now, I'm exploring the area and trying to fill up the regional bestiary before moving on with the story.
  • Knuckles Mania & Knuckles: Featuring Knuckles from the Knuckles May Chuckle Series: okay, this one's just Sonic Mania. My previous attempt at a Knuckles & Knuckles run was cut short when a glitch got me stuck in a level transition, but they've added the ability to save while playing an & Knuckles run, so I'm going to try this again, and hopefully beat the game this time.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I recently got Devil May Cry 5 on the PS4. About 4 hours into it and it's pretty good so far.

Also got Celeste on the Switch that I want to get into once I finished with Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Soul Calibur II (Gamecube)

Working through weapon master.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Well I finished Weapon Master mode and unlocked Lizardman.

I've got a few games to get back to now, namely FFVIII Remastered, DQXIS and God of War (PS4).

MajoraMoon

Smash Apprentice
I've been playing Halo 2, Kingdom Hearts, Hollow Knight, Doom, The Phoenix Wright Trilogy, and some Minecraft on the side.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I beat Dragon Quest XI, and accomplished my goal of beating all of the enemies in the game (even the post-game superboss).

Now I'm going to play the Wonderful 101. I might start a new file and play it from the beginning, rather than picking up where I left off. I'm going to see if there are any videos or guide for what you NEED to buy right away as far as moves are concerned.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Bravely Default.

The story is just "okay" so far but I'm really enjoying the possibilities that the job system creates and the music is pretty good.

Glitch_Wiz

Smash Cadet
I'm burnt out from it for a bit, but Xenoblade 2: Torna the golden country. I didn't like the base game, so I tried this, and... It's a vast improvement over the base game. However one of the reasons I'm burnt out is right before the climax of the story, you're forced to complete side quests if you didn't do it and raise your community rank. That was such a deal breaker to me, and now I'm gonna need to pick it up again soon and finish it. I won't let myself start other games I have yet to play until I beat this.

NuzTheMonkey

Smash Apprentice
Climbing ranked ladder in Paladins and when I get tilted I play some good ol Team Fortress 2.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night on the Switch. Figured it was time for me to get it now that the second performance patch came out. Though it still shutters sometimes, the game runs fine overall. As far as I can tell, no major problems found. As for the game itself, I'm liking it so far.

I'm also playing Banjo-Kazooie at long last on the Xbox One. Got 10 jiggies, 100 notes and 5 jinjos so far. I'm aiming for 100% completion.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
I've been playing Super Mario Sunshine, and I'm thinking this might finally be the time I go for 100% completion.

Top Bottom