• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Females Do You Want For Brawl

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
Florina? OVER LYN? Your out of your mind man. Plus, I don't see a Pegasus Knight fitting in brawl, with the pegasus and everything. :ohwell:
I can see some ways to make it work, though the hitboxes involved would be huge. Tell you what, I'll try writing up a design document for Florina or Marcia or whomever (they all fight identically, anyway) and post it up. I doubt any such character would make it in to Brawl, but I can think of designs that least make sense and be a functional character.

On topic: I wanted Zelda to return, and she's back; excellent. I'd also like to see Lyn from FE7, and Marcia (from FE9). These are just the ones I want; I'm not in particular opposition to any other additions along with them. Just a big Fire Emblem fan first and foremost, so that's my real "want."

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Or...OR...check the DIRECTLY translated words from Sakurai himself which says there will be 2 or more.

Wikipedia = usually not a very good source.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Zelda. And, luckily for me, she's in!

There are not too many respectable female characters in the Nintendo universe... even Zelda's part of the "damsel in distress" mold.

Correction, luckily for US she's in. So happy my main is in!

Lara Croft-in brawl-THAT WOULD BE SO FREAKIN' AWESOME! She could use hand-to-hand combat, her grapple could be her upB and grab, her special could be using excalibur.

roy_owns

Smash Lord
How bout that girl that's on a trophy in Melee I can't remember her name... but she came from a Japan-only game called Famicom DDetectives of somting like that...

bksands77

Smash Journeyman
How bout that girl that's on a trophy in Melee I can't remember her name... but she came from a Japan-only game called Famicom DDetectives of somting like that...
hikari i think, yeah that would be kinda cool

bksands77

Smash Journeyman
or sheik could be a seperate character altogether

either way would be fine with me as long as sheik gets a spot

Lightshade

Smash Ace
I do research a lot about a lot of characters from multiple video games. However, I tend to research the ones i feel interested in, and the FE games never really excited me very much. Besides, it was just a thought, even accompanied by a little unsure face thing --> :/ <-- so I guess I don't understand what I am reading to be overblown hostility over a suggestion of a possibility.

But to respond with a bit more relevance, you make good points. However, I am curious to know why you think Ridley has less chance than Midna according to Nintendo's seeming to favor new franchises/ games. I feel like Pit's inclusion from the start would hint that they would like to look back into Nintendo's history and also include characters from older games/franchises, so I guess that would be another reason I think Lip may have a fairly good chance.

Maybe they will include a female third party character? And please no one say amy from sonic cuz it aint happnin.
Sorry if I come off a bit hostile, I don't mean any harm that way. But in the past Nintendo (Had they wanted to look back on the past) could've implemented characters such as Wario, who have been around a while. But they waited until they gave some of those characters a new look, and wanted somewhere to go with. Midna would be an excellent choice mainly because of the detail and character deveolpment she went through throughout the course of twilight princess. (Spoilers ahead for anyone who didn't beat TP) They, not to mention, could also input her second form, so there are more possibilities than most think. Just stating a fact is all.

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
Sorry if I come off a bit hostile, I don't mean any harm that way. But in the past Nintendo (Had they wanted to look back on the past) could've implemented characters such as Wario, who have been around a while. But they waited until they gave some of those characters a new look, and wanted somewhere to go with. Midna would be an excellent choice mainly because of the detail and character deveolpment she went through throughout the course of twilight princess. (Spoilers ahead for anyone who didn't beat TP) They, not to mention, could also input her second form, so there are more possibilities than most think. Just stating a fact is all.
It's cool, no harm done.

I know that Jigglypuff is supposedly female, so does anyone else think that they will add another female pokemon? I mean, why should the default be male? If they include a pokemon like lucario, I know i would at least appreciate the thought of having a female pokemon addition.

I thought about Lara Croft, and while I don't think she would be that bad, I can't think of any nintendo console that she has appeared on, but then again, I've never played very much of Tomb Raider. Can anyone tell me if there has been a TR on any nintendo system? I fear that she is an automatic impossibility due to this.

Lightshade

Smash Ace
It's neither, otherwise, they'd show some distinction between clothes, in her case, she has then from both genders, therefor, the only accurate assumption can be made that Jigglypuff has no gender except itself.

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
I know that Jigglypuff is supposedly female, so does anyone else think that they will add another female pokemon? I mean, why should the default be male? If they include a pokemon like lucario, I know i would at least appreciate the thought of having a female pokemon addition.
*must...resist...urge...to plug... Gardevoir... yet again*

:p

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
Gardevor and lopunny seem to be the primary contenders for a "female" pokemon.
I guessed as much. How people like Lopunny, I'll never understand, but it seems so. I know my reaction when I saw one in the game was more along the lines of "...what ...the ...****?!", myself, but I guess people see something in it.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
I thought that the Jigglypuff in SSB(M) was a female... and that the Pichu and Pikachu were male, well, whatever...

I want a "true form" Midna, I don't want her with Wolf Link, or she can be in her Imp form but Wolf-less, I still think she's capable of having a full moveset without Wolf Link... And I hope if she is in that her grabs/throws are awesome.

Krystal is a good suggestion, and so is Lip... Lip is the only Japan only character I want besides Lucas (Mother 3). I'd also kill for Dixie. (along with Diddy)

Paula could be in, but she'd be too similar to Ness, unless they changed Ness around... well, she still has frying pans and Pray so... they could try. They could also be very bold and add Ana from Mother 1, but I'd REEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAALLY doubt THAT. She's too similar to Paula/Ness.

Birdo would be boring... she could use some of her party moves and some of her offensive boss moves, but I'd wouldn't like it very much. Daisy is another one on the meh scale. Vivian would be kinda cool, I wouldn't mind her in paper or 3D. Captain Syrup would be a great addition, also very unique... but so would many of the female characters in Wario Ware.

I want the Shiek/Zelda mechanic, and having a Shiek with TP treatment. Brunette Shiek!

That's all for now...

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
ick, brunette shiek? well, now that i think about it, maybe. shiek will be in, there's no doubt in my mind. The reason she's coming back is because the character Zelda is not complete without Shiek. Zelda's a returning character, so they wont redo her move set, because she's returning because of how ppl. liked her moves. They aren't gonna change any returning character's MAIN moves. ANY. Shiek will come back, no worries. :)

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
Haha

lol hilarious! hopefully we get something Princess Zelda-related. (if i said Zelda-related, some ppl might have thot i was talking about the game)

Royowns:
If her ↓B isnt shiek, which it will be, shiek wouldnt be in. and shiek probably won't have brown hair-if Zelda can use her magic to change skin and eye color, and deflate her breasts, im sure she'll use a little effort to also change her hair color.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
But I WANT brunette Shiek... screw Zelda's power.

I was thinking about a character and there's a painter in Kirby that I THINK is named Adeleine, and she is semi-recurring charater... she paints objects that come to live, only thing is, I hope King Dedede would get picked before her, but I'd like to see her in Smash, she would be unique, and more representation for the Kirby universe.

As for more female Kirby character representation there's also Lololo and Lalala (meh, Ice Climbers part 2? no thanks) Ribbon (she has enough for a moveset, but only one game on N64) and ChuChu (meh). I think I could handle Ribbon... but I'd rather not. There's also Dynablade.... who would be a nice counterpart to Ridley.

Top Bottom