• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Females Do You Want For Brawl

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
Let's be realistic here. Birdo? She's a dinosaur just like Yoshi, there isn't much she can do that Yoshi can't do already. All she has ever done in her career of video gaming is spit out eggs. Don't tell me that they can make her original and give her different moves because she's basically a female Yoshi, we don't need two of them (just like my beef with Diddy Kong, we already have one stupid ape, we don't need two.)

Let's also face another fact, this is a popularity contest. Obscure characters aren't going to be added this time around, I even remember Sakurai saying in one of his posts a year ago that he wasn't going to add Japan-only characters anymore, which also hints that it's going to be Nintendo's finest, or famous, whichever word you want to go with (I'm just being logical here.)

Lip is famous in Japan, yes, but she's also well known in America among most gamers. Krystal is just another fox, and since I know absolutely nothing about her (I have never played one Starfox game), I can't agree with her inclusion. If someone could tell me what makes her special, please by all means, tell me!

Those Fire Emblem girls look cool, but I haven't heard of them, and I've been playing video games ever since I was three, and I'm twenty-one now. I'm not saying just because I don't know who they are that many don't, but who else agrees that they aren't popular? I'm just guessing.

As sad as it is, there aren't too many famous female Nintendo characters out there other than the ones who are already confirmed (with the exception of Peach.) Instead of throwing out random girls, let's try and think of ones that could prove useful and would be an asset to the Smash family (I'll try and think of some worth mentioning later.)

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Lip for the pedophiles
Krystal for the furries
And the return of pantie-wearing Peach for the rest of us.

That should cover it.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
On a side-note, I would REALLY love to see Vivian return from Paper Mario 2: The Thousand Year Door. Mario has been many shapes and sizes, and forms. If Mario can go from 2D to 3D and vice-versa, there is no reason why Vivian couldn't take a 3D form (and in my opinion, she would look better.) All of her moves would work beautifully in Brawl (I'm mainly mentioning this because I would just love her to be in the game, even if it's not probable.)

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
vivian is on sakurai's poll therefore i expect her to be a trophy

or a hazard if they have a paper mario stage

the grim lizard

Smash Master

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Peach, Zelda and Micaiah.

NukeA6

Smash Master
I already know Peach is gonna be in so I'm left with these:

Lyn/Ayra
-Either one I'm good. They would be like Marth + Vergil. If you played FE4 or FE7, you'd want either one.

Krystal
-Not the one from Adventures cuz that's disgusting. She would have a staff and make an interesting character.

Lip
-No I'm not a pedophile just because I want her in. I just think she would be very unique (like Wario and Game and Watch). And yes, she can fight.

Jody Summer
-Any other F-Zero female would be good too and I'm curious what movesets they would have. Hopefully they're as impressive as Falcon.

Micaiah
She doesn't use a sword plus I'd like to see what a mage from the series can do.

Midna
Just for laughs :p

roy_owns

Smash Lord
Midna would actually have propose in this game. Like she could use that hand thing that comes out o her head and her Final Smash could be her ancestors powers.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
Fiora > Florina

Tate > Fiora
heck no...florina>soren>>>>>>>all other FE characters ever.

On a side-note, I would REALLY love to see Vivian return from Paper Mario 2: The Thousand Year Door. Mario has been many shapes and sizes, and forms. If Mario can go from 2D to 3D and vice-versa, there is no reason why Vivian couldn't take a 3D form (and in my opinion, she would look better.) All of her moves would work beautifully in Brawl (I'm mainly mentioning this because I would just love her to be in the game, even if it's not probable.)
you win. vivian is awesome.

JesterBox

Smash Ace
That giant picture of Krystal from adventures is pretty dang ugly, It's like running up to an ice-cream truck only to find that poop is for sale

but i support her for the interesting Mage, phyce, staff moveset

Lip was only japanese so thats a no-go

i support Midna+Wolf Link and Lyn (even though we've got enough swords)

i can't think of anymore except crappy ones like Captain Syrup

a side note hottest chicks ever Hali Berri and Angelina Jolie

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
Midna seems like a great choice because she could have a moveset determined already by her performance in TP, and she is a female that isn't another pretty lady for the crazy fanboys to lust after. I would assume she is popular among gamers, but she may be a bit too recent... :/

this may sound ridiculous, but I read a long time ago an interview about Melee, and a developer said when considering what Zelda characters would be in, they considered Navi among some other choices. I honestly can't back up my claim but this just get my brain goin, but i have no idea what the hel they could do with Navi of all characters. sounds far fetched, but who knows? maybe there is potential...maybe? any thoughts?

I don't think Lip is a bad idea, but only because (A) Brawl really needs some more estrogen, and (2) She is directly referenced by the use of the "Lip's stick" item.

Lightshade

Smash Ace
Midna seems like a great choice because she could have a moveset determined already by her performance in TP, and she is a female that isn't another pretty lady for the crazy fanboys to lust after. I would assume she is popular among gamers, but she may be a bit too recent... :/
I can tell you don't do very much research on super smash brothers... Since when has recentness EVER affected characters in the game? If anyone recalls, Roy's fire emblem game wasn't even out in japan, SSBM advertised him. What on earth makes you think that just because a game is too recent means that won't get in? Or did you not notice Link and Zelda's new makeover. She would be one of the more likely characters to get in, instead of, oh, say, Ridley from Metroid. Nintendo favors their new games, even if some of them haven't even come out yet. There may be even new characters who none of us have ever heard of.

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
good list NukeA6. kinda like mine. Lip is a good choice. some people on here are just being immature about this whole thing. we have ness who's a little boy yet no one calls pedophile but just because it's Lip that's what it's called. come on now.

bksands77

Smash Journeyman
sheik!!!!

lyn, maybe midna with wolf link, lip, micaiah, and kat and ana from warioware would be cool

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
I can tell you don't do very much research on super smash brothers... Since when has recentness EVER affected characters in the game? If anyone recalls, Roy's fire emblem game wasn't even out in japan, SSBM advertised him. What on earth makes you think that just because a game is too recent means that won't get in? Or did you not notice Link and Zelda's new makeover. She would be one of the more likely characters to get in, instead of, oh, say, Ridley from Metroid. Nintendo favors their new games, even if some of them haven't even come out yet. There may be even new characters who none of us have ever heard of.

I do research a lot about a lot of characters from multiple video games. However, I tend to research the ones i feel interested in, and the FE games never really excited me very much. Besides, it was just a thought, even accompanied by a little unsure face thing --> :/ <-- so I guess I don't understand what I am reading to be overblown hostility over a suggestion of a possibility.

But to respond with a bit more relevance, you make good points. However, I am curious to know why you think Ridley has less chance than Midna according to Nintendo's seeming to favor new franchises/ games. I feel like Pit's inclusion from the start would hint that they would like to look back into Nintendo's history and also include characters from older games/franchises, so I guess that would be another reason I think Lip may have a fairly good chance.

Maybe they will include a female third party character? And please no one say amy from sonic cuz it aint happnin.

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
Can't believe I forgot to say Midna. Well, maybe I can: I consider her so completely needed that I subconsciously don't bother thinking about it, because she has to be in. Seriously, if there's something that would make me angry with this game, it would be Midna not being in there somehow. As the single most important character in TP, and probably one of the best characters in all the LoZ series (if not the best), she deserves the spot.

Diable

Smash Rookie
I hope that they introduce daisy just because i think her character design is better than peach, also i think tiny kong would be pretty cool character to add.

tappy

Smash Ace
i think that Midna would be a great female character for brawl. her Final smash could be when she uses the fused shadow. ClickHere she could maybe even change into her human form:)

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't mind seeing Jody Summers from F-zero. I think Paula would be a cute/appropriate addition, even though Ness does have some of her abilities. I've never played Earthbound, but aren't there any other psi abilities she can use?
Dixie Kong is fine by me, too, but I do think Diddy is a little more appropriate for a DK franchise character. In my mind, though, i am open to letting in a few less known/lesspopular/less "deserving" characters if it means there are more females. I mean, lets face it, Smash brothers has been a huge sausage-fest so far. But I wouldn't push it more than 2-3 girls (max!) that fit that description.

The fused shadows thing for Midna is a fantastic idea for her final smash! I don't think she needs to transform into her Twili form.Yes, she looks hella awesome like that, but the Final Smashes aren't about looking fabulous, they are about kickin some serious face.

TaurToph

Smash Journeyman
Florina > Lyn > Nino > others

But for SSBB i say lyn and nino are perfect. Nino is even better than lyn since she's a mage... with fireballs, thunder and stuff... c'mon we NEED this in brawl! And a female mage > all. But lyn is way more popular so my hope her.

Top Bottom