• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What don't you like about Brawl so far?

kinghippo99

Smash Lord
i dont like
1. d.k.'s final smash
2. that my wii can't magically make a copy of the final game suddenly apear before me

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
2. that my wii can't magically make a copy of the final game suddenly apear before me
I have that same defect in my Wii. It's a bummer.

Aside from that. . .

Can't say I'm completely satisfied with Sonic's upB, but I'll get over it.
Peach's Final Smash seems lacking to me.

Aaaaaaand that's about it. Everything else is just stuff that's kind of up in the air (lack of Falco confirmation, possibility of having Sheik back as Zelda's downB, etc.)

Digman

Smash Rookie
*breathes in*

1. As a fan of Diddy Kong I had hopes on maining him, at the moment I have a feeling he will be very low down in the tier list. He is looking like a reskinned Pichu to me.

2. I don't like the final smash idea all that much.

3. No definate Captain Falcon

4. No definate Falco

5. The delay. From what I can see the majority of this board is from America, coming from Australia we recieve huge delays on some games release as it is. (for example Super Paper Mario on Wii has just been released!). So even if it was been released in the States early December I wasn't expecting to pick up my copy until at least February. Meaning that a February release means that I may be looking as late as May '08 to pick up my copy.

kinghippo99

Smash Lord
I have that same defect in my Wii. It's a bummer.

Aside from that. . .

Can't say I'm completely satisfied with Sonic's upB, but I'll get over it.
Peach's Final Smash seems lacking to me.

Aaaaaaand that's about it. Everything else is just stuff that's kind of up in the air (lack of Falco confirmation, possibility of having Sheik back as Zelda's downB, etc.)
for sonic's ^b notice how when he does it on the ground it stays there. i was thinking that it would serve as a sort of item esque roll so u can keep attacking when u jump on it even if another character jumps on it like mario. i'm not quite sure how it'll work out tho in competitive play.

Mama

Smash Ace
Peach still has toad as her neutral B. I never used that crap seriously lol. Aside from that I'm quite pleased (with everything but the release of course). Sonic was the only thing that I really wished would be confirmed and he was. Everything from this point will be a bonus (aside from confirmation of advanced mechanics such as L-canceling)

darkNES386

Smash Lord
I agree with your sentiment on mics... People are annoying as hell online.. Except actual friends & clan members. SSBB online would have a TON of complainers with mic support. "omg item wh0re!!"
Well, if they implement mic support / clans with the friends/anybody system that they have right now I would be all for it. I just can't see them taking that step right now because they would then be expected to do that for every online game that comes out. That's just not a direction they are looking at right now.

Relean

Smash Cadet
The thing I dislike the most is the Stickers album. Very tacky if you ask me.

WiFi is also kind of sucky, but it's better than having no WiFi at all, right?

Sneaky 2.0

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2724-1598-9725
I'd say I hate Footstool Jumping. Sounds cheap when you get a free jump back instead of risking yourself for a Meteor Smash.

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
There is no need to be defensive people, its called constructive criticism.

Even the best game in the world can be improved upon.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
- Sonic's voice. Yup, I don't like it. XD
- The majority of the music is not orchestrated, and I don't like it overall as much as SSBM's.
- The majority of the stage designs. Most of them are either too similar to Battlefield, or too crazy like Rumble Falls. -_-
- Toad's not playable.
- My favorite character is not confirmed.. (Isaac!)
- Some of the Final Smash's, like Diddy's just don't seem very creative at all. That's just a minor complaint, though.

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
# Sonic's Special Moves (TWO Spin Dashes...? hmmm...)
# Diddy Kong's Final Smash, and hearing Ike's is very similiar to, if not the same as Link's.
# No confirmation/deconfirmation of Sheik (the lack of Zelda in the E4A demo left it very open and worrying)
# The apparent lack of alternate costumes
# UK & Ireland not getting the Snake Codecs on the Dojo... was does this mean for the game?
(that's much as I can think of, from the top of my head)

And most of all; THE WAIT!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Dark Link says hi.
That says nothing.

We don't even know what this Dark Link looks like. I'll bet you he's just a much darker Link in color with red eyes or something like that. Nothing more.

Alternate costumes have pretty much been deconfirmed, unless they left them out for the demo. That could be.

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
And its not like Dark Link is the ONLY one with a costume change. :ohwell:

Alternate costumes have pretty much been deconfirmed, unless they left them out for the demo. That could be.

EH???? You see a White DK, Yellow Pit, Black/red meta knight.... its CONFIRMED. Maybe they weren't all available at the demo, but they are confirmed alternate costumes.

Icy_Eagle

Smash Journeyman
And its not like Dark Link is the ONLY one with a costume change. :ohwell:

EH???? You see a White DK, Yellow Pit, Black/red meta knight.... its CONFIRMED. Maybe they weren't all available at the demo, but they are confirmed alternate costumes.
Those are just palette swaps like in melee, something easily done.
Alternate costumes would be something like Links zora armor from TP, Zelda's black hooded robe etc.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
^^^I don't doubt Dark Link is in the game. Dark Link is just a palette swap of Link to begin with.

kinghippo99

Smash Lord
another thing i dont like is people who dont like the game because something is not confirmed like alt. costumes or one of their characters isn't in. PEOPLE, WAIT TILL IT COMES OUT OR IS ANNOUNCED ON THE DOJO!

GKirby

Smash Apprentice
Possibly the fact that it was delayed, but i can't blame them...
Oh and I want Megaman... And some more Wifi Info... that's what i don't like, making me suffer lol

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
Wow, I can't believe the box art actually mattered to people...but whatever.

I honestly like everything about the game so far. It's perfect...except for the Online, but hey, it's better Online than no Online, right?

Top Bottom