• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What don't you like about Brawl so far?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Assumptions from the demo. The demo is the beta version of the actual game. What's shown on the demo may not be shown on the actual game. In other words, the stuff is unconfirmed unless Smashbros.com says it's official.

SpitFire15

Smash Ace
Because you have to look at it every time you play.
No you don't, because no one is forcing you to keep it in it's box.

And it's ugly.
So looking at a picture is going to distract you all from playing the game? If you guys are going to complain about something, complain that deals with the game itself, and not just some simple boxart that doesn't affect anything. Brawl could have a boxart with Kirby vomiting on Pikachu, but we all know it's going to be a kick-*** game.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Why do you care if I think it's ugly. If I don't like a certain band are you going to bite my head off too?

The box art is ugly, bite me.

Turquoise

Smash Rookie
Somethign I'm really apprehensive about is the fact that it's compatible with the GameCube controller. It really frustrates me. I guess motion isn't really going to be taken into account like it could have been. :'c

SpitFire15

Smash Ace
Why do you care if I think it's ugly. If I don't like a certain band are you going to bite my head off too?
No, I just tired of people on this board who complain over little stupid things, like certain updates. By the time the game comes out, you'll be too excited you're too busy playing Smash Bros. 3 to groan over petty things like boxarts.

kinghippo99

Smash Lord
Somethign I'm really apprehensive about is the fact that it's compatible with the GameCube controller. It really frustrates me. I guess motion isn't really going to be taken into account like it could have been. :'c

have you played mortal combat on the wii... it didn't work out so well:urg:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'm not complaining, I'm stating my opinion. It's ugly.
It's fake! HA! NOW IT'S NOT UGLY! That fake box art looks like something out of my a**. Seriously, Link looks like he just ate Pichu! He's got a big yellow-tanish line across his face/mouth! :laugh:

the real box art will make that piece of s*** look like even more s***. Because:

1.No Sonic
2.No Snake
3.No Bowser
4.All the other box arts had ALL THE STARTERS (and 3rd party characters are neccissary for the box art).

PWNED

That box art is fake, end of discusison. I wn, you lose. You are wrong, I'm not. No Wi-fi sticker, no SONIC, NOTHING! It sucks, just like everyone who believe it is the real box art.

ForteEscape

Smash Cadet
The fact that Marth is an unlikely possibility to show up in Brawl.

Also, Ike does not at all seem like a Marth copy, but instead, he seems worse :(
Hopefully hes still usable though...

Oh, and the fact that it the release date got pushed further. I know its for the better of the game...but still...I just cant wait anymore :p

greenblob

Smash Lord
The fact that Marth is an unlikely possibility to show up in Brawl.

Also, Ike does not at all seem like a Marth copy, but instead, he seems worse :(
Hopefully hes still usable though...

Oh, and the fact that it the release date got pushed further. I know its for the better of the game...but still...I just cant wait anymore :p
Ike probably means that Roy is cut, rather than Marth.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
It's fake! HA! NOW IT'S NOT UGLY! That fake box art looks like something out of my a**. Seriously, Link looks like he just ate Pichu! He's got a big yellow-tanish line across his face/mouth! :laugh:

the real box art will make that piece of s*** look like even more s***. Because:

1.No Sonic
2.No Snake
3.No Bowser
4.All the other box arts had ALL THE STARTERS (and 3rd party characters are neccissary for the box art).

PWNED

That box art is fake, end of discusison. I wn, you lose. You are wrong, I'm not. No Wi-fi sticker, no SONIC, NOTHING! It sucks, just like everyone who believe it is the real box art.
No it's still ugly. Like, really ****ing ugly.

Weed

Smash Lord
What I WONT like is if they bring that ***got Marth back.

Other than that, the announcer's voice, but I hope it's subject to change.

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
I hate the fact that he is making it easier for noobs to play. Didnt you hate when they talked about Mario Kart and they said "Even the newbs can now beat the veteran players" okay if thats true then what the hell is the point of playing it?! some people play for fun but dear god nintendo, we need some competitive games and smash is the perfect one. Here is my complaints, i dont give a crap about the music, stages or anything but the things are-

1.Advanced Techniques will be easier to pull off. Nintendo dont take out the dash dancing or the SHFFL because those things are even more important than wavedashing.

2. You can jump after an airdodge(is this true?), because if you can do this then it will be pretty hard to capitalize on peoples mistakes, sometimes the only way to hurt someone is when they get back and airdodge and they cant move, thats kinda the point.

3. Sonic can move after his recovery (is that everybody?) because omg this will make the game very unbalanced and basicly the character with the best recovery has a higher chance of wining.

4. It seems like fox's shine doesnt work as well and you can DI out of it. Omg Nintendo give some of us a break.

5.Where the hell is Captain Falcon, people say, whats so great about him? maybe because hes one of the best characters in melee you noob.

6. Wavedashing seems to be taken out (we cant tell because IGN people are noobs at the greatest **** game out there, i played halo 3, trust me it aint that big a deal)

7. Can the footstool jump be used as a spike? imagine someone like kirby or metaknight, all they have to do to kill you is float off and step on top of you, but this hasnt been confirmed yet so i cant complain about it.

8. It seems like he foucised way too much on the smashballs.

9. Adventure mode better not be better than multiplayer because i rather have an awesome online and no adventrue or subspace emmisiary thing.

10. And finally just the fact they lied to us and the game got delayed, oh great what am i suppose to play in christmas now? guess its back to some good old melee.

Yes i have a lot of complaints, most of the complaints are more toward the competitive side of things, but other than that it looks fine i guess. Once we start to find new ways to win the game will become as great as melee, in october 18 we will finally have or hopefully have the answer to most of my questions. :p

kinghippo99

Smash Lord
3. Sonic can move after his recovery (is that everybody?) because omg this will make the game very unbalanced and basicly the character with the best recovery has a higher chance of wining.
notice how after his up b the spring stays on the floor. i think it'll be an item esque move in the sense that any other character can use it after sonic. the spring will probebly disappear if sonic uses the up b agian or it'll disappear on it's own after a while

Ch-Akruru

Smash Cadet
-The fact that the Doc and Pichu probably won't be playable characters anymore
-The final smashes of Peach, Bowser (I would have rather had his army swarm everything), Pit (How does this actually do anything decent at all? The Centurions look rediculously easy to dodge), Meta Knight (NEEDS MORE HEAVY LOBSTER) and Donkey Kong.

Rex+

Smash Ace
Final Smashes really disappointed me. Ever since we saw the Mario Finalie in the first trailer, I thought every Final Smash would be some kind of super-incredibly-epic attack. MvC style, you know?
Yoshi's, DK's (both), Pit's, and many others are just a letdown. And sometimes, they don't even do that much damage.

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
my only complaint is the fact that everything is much easier to do, as well as jumping after an airdodge. that makes everyones recovery amazing, especially if they have a tether recovery. whats what? airdodge + direction, jump, up b. wow

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
you can DI fox`s shine what video did you see this smash champ?
Yeah i did, without Fox's shine, all he has now is is smash up, and this might be nerfed down also. **** nintendo, if you just give us a demo, even a one character demo we would stop complaining.

Lant

Smash Journeyman
Lack of large stages (well today's update sort of fixed that)
No Ryu
No Isaac
No Cpt.Falcon yet

No Marth yet

Online could be better

That's about it for me, voice chat isn't too big an issue as I'll just log into XBLive and talk to my friends on there or something.. as for Marth and Falcon, I so hope they're both updated soon.

Oh right, and the lack of a freaking release date for everywhere outside Japan/USA.

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
No. Just landed and kept moving forward.

What I don't like is all the searching for wavedash and all the old techniques in the game. Whether they are in or not, it's not going to make Brawl less of a game, and if something like L-Cancel is gone, it doesn't mean the gameplay will be worse.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
I said I didn't like Diddy so far, but it seems like he's shaping up.

Now I don't like that I have to wait two more months. But at least I get time to get a Widescreen TV... for Smash, not Galaxy...

b.wood5474

Smash Cadet
yeah i agree with leshiek. I think the music is pretty lame even though its all ochestrated and sounds good its just weird. it should be like in melee on mushroom kingdom 2 and stuff and have lvls like that

SHINE FX

Smash Apprentice
I hate the fact that he is making it easier for noobs to play. Didnt you hate when they talked about Mario Kart and they said "Even the newbs can now beat the veteran players" okay if thats true then what the hell is the point of playing it?! some people play for fun but dear god nintendo, we need some competitive games and smash is the perfect one. Here is my complaints, i dont give a crap about the music, stages or anything but the things are-

1.Advanced Techniques will be easier to pull off. Nintendo dont take out the dash dancing or the SHFFL because those things are even more important than wavedashing.

2. You can jump after an airdodge(is this true?), because if you can do this then it will be pretty hard to capitalize on peoples mistakes, sometimes the only way to hurt someone is when they get back and airdodge and they cant move, thats kinda the point.

4. It seems like fox's shine doesnt work as well and you can DI out of it. Omg Nintendo give some of us a break.

5.Where the hell is Captain Falcon, people say, whats so great about him? maybe because hes one of the best characters in melee you noob.

6. Wavedashing seems to be taken out (we cant tell because IGN people are noobs at the greatest **** game out there, i played halo 3, trust me it aint that big a deal)

7. Can the footstool jump be used as a spike? imagine someone like kirby or metaknight, all they have to do to kill you is float off and step on top of you, but this hasnt been confirmed yet so i cant complain about it.

8. It seems like he foucised way too much on the smashballs.

9. Adventure mode better not be better than multiplayer because i rather have an awesome online and no adventrue or subspace emmisiary thing.

10. And finally just the fact they lied to us and the game got delayed, oh great what am i suppose to play in christmas now? guess its back to some good old melee.

Yes i have a lot of complaints, most of the complaints are more toward the competitive side of things, but other than that it looks fine i guess. Once we start to find new ways to win the game will become as great as melee, in october 18 we will finally have or hopefully have the answer to most of my questions. :p
QFT.
Everyone is too floaty
There's no sign of L-canceling
There's no sign of wavedashing
They screwed Fox over. (Floaty, crappy shine, possibly no wavedashing = dead)

gregthepirate

Smash Apprentice
The game isn't supposed to be Melee revisited. It's Brawl. It's going to be different. L-canceling, Wavedashing, ShFFling...if you couldn't do all this stuff, would you be a bad player? If so, then I think you have spent to much time using those techniques as a way to win, or an edge. Even if they do take out all of the melee glitches, that means that EVERYONE can't use them, not just you...and when everyone has a disadvantage, you're on an even playing field, which is the way it should be.

On Topic: The delay was a knife in my soul.

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
game play is slow as hell... I want melee speeds.
These guys suck. Most of them walk instead of running and none of them short hop or fast fall. There have been instances where they (the nooby players from the vids) actually get lucky and pull off a quick combo which shows you the true speed of Brawl, and it looks the same as Melee. Trust me, when a good player gets his hands on it, the game speed will be fine.

And guys, Fox won't be that bad. He may have been nerfed down a bit but he's still on of the fastest characters around with a good recovery. He'll still be high tier, just probably not in the first place spot (which is good because it'd be gay if he was for two games).

::FalcoFTW::

Smash Apprentice
The online will probably be laggy like they said. Also, the fact that metaknight seems overpowered. 3 options for recovery( not including jumps and gliding and possibly w/a fourth coming from down special). I plan on seeing lots of metaknights on wi-fi matches.

Top Bottom