• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What don't you like about Brawl so far?

Superstarmario

Smash Journeyman
And what's the obsession with Captain Falcon? Is it the nipples?
Yes. I plan on abusing Wario's bite attack on Captain Falcon's nipples at least twice a day.

So far I don't like:

-Scarecrow online
- Diddy seems underwhelming
- Dedede isn't confirmed yet
- Stages are small. Interactive coolness abound, but nothing Great Foxish where there is space to spread out and fight. All of them seem to be Battlefield with a different background flaoting behind it.
- Pit's final smash: Teh Lame
Waste items: Munchlax? C'mon, I really don't need to play the game to know that I want to shoot that little ******* in the face.

Talendime

Smash Ace
I'm just the type of guy who looks to the bright side, and seeing these weak arguments about why people don't like something really irks me..
we really shouldn't be looking at the flaws like this..
Totally didn't say that like 3 pages ago..

Dictionary Reference-
Assume:
1.Take to be the case or to be true; accept without verification or proof; "I assume his train was late"

Now why is this ok? Because anyone who makes an assumption here is well aware of the fact that some people feel the need to constantly remind others of; therefore, the assumption in everyone's mind (I assume) is subject to change. So get over yourself already.

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
Basing this on what we've been told on the site, I don't like:

- Some aspects of online (no profiles/rankings, no voice chat - basically falling short of online on Metroid Hunters)
- Too many levels with destructable terrain/random hazards
- Diddy
- New damage meters
- Toadstool hop (ground only - ariel version is GOOD)
- Gale Boomerang (we'll see though)
- Limited letters in your name (it's 4 or 5, which is too little for me)
- Release date
- Finals as an item
- Auto-aim for tether recoveries
- Smoke Ball

That's about it for me personally. However in all honesty these minor faults will not ruin the game. After seeing that video with Snake fighing Mario I realized that this is going to be the same Smash we've always loved.

MyBurden

Smash Cadet
I actually have nothing to complain about, well maybe the damage counter, it's no not the faces I don't like, just downsize them a bit.

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
The only thing I could complain about in Brawl so far is that Luigi and Mr. Game and Watch haven't been confirmed or deconfirmed yet... considering they are my mains in Melee, I at least want to know if they will be in Brawl or not. I don't even care if they end up being assist trophies or whatever, since there's already several newcomers in Brawl that I want to play as already!

Well, there is the fact fact that most people seem to be happy to complain about every single update that comes up, but that's not really Brawl's fault, it's just people who can't accept the truth about the game daring to be a little different to their private dreams and desires about it.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
What's wrong with having a negative opinion about something? Not everyone likes the same things so leave them alone and let them hate what they want to hate. Get over it.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I have nothing wrong with complaining about the updates. However, the title for this thread is a little confusing, since no one outside of the SSBB staff has played Brawl yet. [The title is "what don't you like about Brawl so far?", not "What don't you like about the site updates so far"] I'd say a title change could be neccissary, since no one here has played it.

TxuZz

Smash Cadet
Whot i dont like: -the music "arrangements", i liked better melee's starfox armada theme than brawl's, also termina's saria's song>zelda medley.. and so on ( melee brinstar>metroid boss fight..).
-the faces of the characters on the damage meters. ( i hope there's an option to change that)
-WAY to many items
-the fact that u have to use samus' Final to get ZsSamus
-Lyn as an assistant trophie. i wanted her playable
-the crappy pixelated AT. ( exitebike, lakitu.. ****)
-the stages being so small. melee's hyrule temple was huge, dont want more stages like that, but dont either want more ones like castle siege.
-not all characters are able to glide
-Wario.

*sorry for bad english

Ryudragon29

Smash Journeyman
The only thing bothering is me is the layout of the stages... The rest is fine with me.

Philosophize

Smash Apprentice
I like the stages. The atmosphere in them is really good and they also look great. All the Battlefield-esque stages are the ones that are played on competitively so I don't see what the problem is...And there's no points complaining about items, you can turn them off people.
I want another 3rd party character introduced, or at least someone who is primarily a Nintendo character (Viewtiful Joe, Megaman).

I also have the feeling that Final Smashes will be optional. The game already gives you so many ways to customize your game that this would just make sense.

Lag

Smash Journeyman
Besides the fact it's not released yet...ehh actually that is what I don't like about Brawl so far. Everything so far...ba da pa pa pa I'm lovin' it (lame much? =))! Seriously I don't really hate anything...yet.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Yeah, I don't get what's not to like about the stages. The variety looks to be more impressive than that found in Melee. The Battlefield/FD type stages will be back, with beautifully dynamic backgrounds this time to keep them more interesting. There will be scrolling stages, but with more background variety than Icicle Mountain. There will be stages with destructible platforms. There will be stages with walls. The Pokemon Stadium is more dynamic this time around. There will be more variety in the Mute City-like on-rails stages. The Wario Ware stage looks to be completely off the wall. And there are sure to be MANY more that we've yet to see. What can you POSSIBLY not like about the stages?

Exorcist

Smash Journeyman
1.The release date
2. Stickers
3. Peach doesn't look like a wh0re anymore

happyskills

Smash Cadet
I was hoping Link's Final Smash would have him turn into a wolf with Midna..kinda like Samus to Zamus.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Thus far, not much. I'm not fond of Pokèmon Trainer (aren't the Pokèmon the real stars of those games?) or ZSS (two Samuses... yeah, redundancy alarms going off there. I'm just glad shes a transformation instead of a true character addition), and would have preferred Lyn be playable rather than an assist trophy, but thats the extent of it. The good far outweighs the bad.

Zevox

UltimateShinigami

Smash Journeyman
Currently in da StL, but home in Ft Lauderdale eve
The only thing I agree with is the no online rankings. If super Mario Strikers: Charged has it, why not smash? but as for the rest of you that are complaining about items and aesthetic value, chill out. if you were real smashers, you'd only care about the rest of the levels and characters and how the physics will be. Every1 seems to keep forgetting that we DONT USE ITEMS if we're real smash bros and who cares what avatars and damage meters look like? they don't affect your characters physics, power, or actual appearance.

The only thing I'd like to ask is that someone explain what you mean by freeze frames, for this seems like a legitimate complaint for high level play

Lucina Clash

Smash Apprentice
The only thing I'd like to ask is that someone explain what you mean by freeze frames, for this seems like a legitimate complaint for high level play
Probably referring to the Final Smash which will not freeze. The staff just zooms in because it looks cool. I mean you can see them running away from attacks. Just look at the most recent.

MooseMan

Smash Rookie
- The 3d stage sounds kind of stupid. It just sounds like it would make you sick and make the game more difficult to play.
- The music is kinda dumb. They should use alot of the same music as the last game, especially the music for the menu window.
- Lucas. We don't need two different Earthbound characters.
- Fox's final smash shouldn't be so big. If they made the tank smaller it might be kool.
- Stickers. From what I've read, they're like trophies. Why would nintendo waste their time making pointless stickers when they could be improving more important parts of the game.

Exorcist

Smash Journeyman
Freeze frames are the frames when you get hit and the person you hit doesn't go flying instantly after the attack. There are a few frames of lag before you actually go flying. There were a small amount of freeze frames in Melee, except for characters like Bowser and Ganondorf but now it seems like everyone has an insane amount of freeze frames and in turn it will mak DI'ing very very easy and slow down the game a considerable amount.

All in all though, it's a little detail, it won't effect much. We'll all get use to it.

B01001101ownz

Smash Apprentice
The only things I dont like so far is, of course, the release date and Diddy Kong, I just do not like that character

lavamage

Smash Ace
Wisconsin...yay that place no one has ever heard o
Besides not yet confirming CF and stuff, I only have 3 complaints

% bar avatars-big ugly, hopefully you can turn them off
different boxes-I just don't like the presents, not like its the end of the world though
Items-Ok im not that mad, but most items (ie smokeball) seem more for just fun other than competive play, I know you can probably turn them off, but still

Pizza Robo

Smash Journeyman
Release date
Deoxys not playable
Dedede,Captain Falcon,Geno not confirm yet
Stickers

RokkuManZer0

Smash Apprentice
The fact it has a 2008 release date in Europe and the day/month hasn't been announced yet.

As for the game's aspects, well, so far so good. I'm pretty happy with what Sakurai has been giving us up until now, and I doubt things will get worse from here on, at least they'll stay the same, but everyone knows it can only get better as we approach the release date. :D

The music is good, even though it disappointed me since it isn't orchestrated, I still like it.

The characters, veterans and newcomers alike, all look awesome. The models really do look great don't you think?

The stages are nice. We haven't gotten too many but they do look awesome and the cosmetic changes bring something fresh into the fray... Seasons? Daytime Changes? We even got a freakin' show on Saturday's at 8PM. Just awesome.

The assist trophies are a nice addition to the item choices as they bring nostalgia and some cameos of characters that didn't make it as playable characters.

The new items (omg items!) look like fun. The smoke ball albeit useless is aestetically pleasing and might create some chaos on the battle. The Pitfall is so stupid it's hilarious and the same can be said about the banana peel. Pursuing your foes off stage with a freakin' huge *** Golden Hammer? Yes, please.

Single Player is shaping up to be a decent experience instead of a pushover like SSB64's and SSBM's which is a bonus although the real fun will be in the Multi Player of course.

Ah, I forgot! The WiFi sucks. So yeah... That's the thing I dislike the most. The -With Friends- mode is fine I guess but... -With Anyone-? What a piece of junk... No communication, no costumization... FFA with strangers... Geez...

But as you can see I'm pretty hyped up about Brawl. :p COME COME EUROPEAN RELEASE DATE!

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Hey sakurai?

Show me ya falcon!

Stickers!!
I hate stickers so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so SOOOOOOOOoo much.

Its a ****ing fighting game. Severed heads plz.

Top Bottom