• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What don't you like about Brawl so far?

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
Goroh simply being an item and the mediocre Wifi mode. Everything else is pretty perfect for me, even the damage counters.

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
Enough to be disappointed already.
Like being disappointed in a baseball game without it actually being played yet?

You have absolutely NO idea how diddy plays, or what is going to happen with subspace. You might even like the game...

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
- the graphics
- the huge catalogue of music
- the final smash
- assist trophies
- the all-new subspace emissary mode
- the online mode
- some of the new items
- the sense of humor evident in things like Mr Resetti's appearance
- very unique new characters like PT
- increased stage variety, including stages with destructible platforms, walls, or dynamic backgrounds

....oh wait... we're supposed to list things we DON'T like? In that case:

- the fact that it isn't out yet
- NOTHING ELSE

Croco

Smash Lord
I like everything so far. But.. I am hoping that there are classic themed stages from games like super mario brothers 1, 2, and 3 or something that isn't from a recent game in a series. For example.. if there isn't a Super Metroid stage and only a Meteroid Prime stage.. I will be a little disapointed. Though I believe I can trust Sakurai and his development team.

Talendime

Smash Ace
Like being disappointed in a baseball game without it actually being played yet?

You have absolutely NO idea how diddy plays, or what is going to happen with subspace. You might even like the game...

I don't think you're quite understanding me.

I can only base disappointment on things that I've seen, not things that I assume, therefore anything that hasn't been shown in this game can't cause me disappointment (yet, at least). So if I need to get real specific as not to anger somebody, this is why I am disappointed by Diddy:

-His weapons explode if held too long
-His Final Smash involves him using his jet pack and peanut guns
-His peanuts are edible

These things can be known without playing the game. All you really have to do is go to the Smashbros website, click his picture, and read his page.

Secondly, the subspace army kind of disappoints me as an antagonist in the sense that I've already seen what it looks like. I don't like how they look, and that's just what I think. Again, I don't need to have played the game in order see this.

VisetheStompy

Smash Cadet
Still not knowing who is getting the ax from the last game:(
I have accepted the fact we are losing charachters, but I don't like the idea of losing charachters with unique movesets or certain franchises charachter numbers going down. Just tell me already so I can stop thinking about it!

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
OK, so what the hell are freeze frames?
They are complaining about when you hit someone, and the game freezes for a split second.

It adds a more "impact" feel, and I personally love it.

You know the feeling when you absolutely pwn someone with the homerun bat?

They're prettymuch complaining about that

KIFIKA

Smash Rookie
so far, the lack of Roy and.. i despise, absolutely loath Pokemon training. I mean, id didn't think anyone could desigin a character mor useless than jigglypuff. Idk, maybe its just me, but the way he switches pokemon, it just doesnt seem like it'd be a good fighting character. Oh and the fact that they could have chosen a bunch of other people instead. (maybe he'll grow on me, doubtful though)

Red Exodus

Smash Master
To people complaining about people listing things they don't like:

Learn to read and grow a clue, look at the thread's title. What don't we like SO FAR. It's impossible for people to discuss dislikes without some idiot fanboys trying to make something out of nothing.

KIFIKA

Smash Rookie
To form an opinion you don't need all the facts. No one is saying "i hate the game because of this" "this is the worst character ever." Paying attention, one should be able to see that it's "This game might not be as good becasue.." or even "this is a horrible idea for a character." and, to agree with Red Exodus it does say "SO FAR"

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
To people complaining about people listing things they don't like:

Learn to read and grow a clue, look at the thread's title. What don't we like SO FAR. It's impossible for people to discuss dislikes without some idiot fanboys trying to make something out of nothing.
But you can't know what you don't like if you haven't tried it yet...

So far you've seen pictures.. and a couple of videos.

I'm fine with complaining once you've played the game.. but give me a freaking break..

People will find absolutely ANYTHING to be negative about, and that is unbelievingly annoying..

"wahh I dont like the way someone looks like he might be able to almost do something semi seemingly wrong wahhh"

..spoiled babies.. you know who you are...

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Do we have a gun pointed to your head? If we don't stop reading the thread. You're no better than us, people complaining about people complaining is worse than anything. You're complaints won't change anything or add any substance to the discussion.

KIFIKA

Smash Rookie
But you can't know what you don't like if you haven't tried it yet...

So far you've seen pictures.. and a couple of videos.

I'm fine with complaining once you've played the game.. but give me a freaking break..

People will find absolutely ANYTHING to be negative about, and that is unbelievingly annoying..

"wahh I dont like the way someone looks like he might be able to almost do something semi seemingly wrong wahhh"

..spoiled babies.. you know who you are...
Who are you to discredit the reasoning of another. If someone says they don't like a character because the way he looks, why would you need to play the game first. Why does playing the game, change their reasoning? It doesn't. If someone says, they don't like a character because of his idea, or the moves that are listed, why do they need to play the game? They know what moves they have, and the can see what the character is going to be like. Point is, playing the game does make a certain impact, but it doesn't mean that people complaining about it shouldn't be able to simply because they haven't played it yet. It just means there are certain things they don't have a right to complain about (which still doenst mean there complaint is invalid.)

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
Do we have a gun pointed to your head? If we don't stop reading the thread. You're no better than us, people complaining about people complaining is worse than anything. You're complaints won't change anything or add any substance to the discussion.
So you're just saying its fine for YOU to complain about something you've never even experienced, but its NOT ok for me to explain how foolish you look?

Please.

Ive seen this argument hundreds of times, you're trying to make it seem like i'm the one who's negative, if anything i'm above you for staying open minded.

Again, its like complaining about how you don't like a certain kind of food without even trying it.. Then months later you're going to have a taste, and look back at yourself and say "man i was an idiot back then"

All i'm saying is wait until the game is out before you start complaining, instead of now complaining about crap you don't even know the half of.

Who are you to discredit the reasoning of another. If someone says they don't like a character because the way he looks, why would you need to play the game first. Why does playing the game, change their reasoning? It doesn't. If someone says, they don't like a character because of his idea, or the moves that are listed, why do they need to play the game? They know what moves they have, and the can see what the character is going to be like. Point is, playing the game does make a certain impact, but it doesn't mean that people complaining about it shouldn't be able to simply because they haven't played it yet. It just means there are certain things they don't have a right to complain about (which still doenst mean there complaint is invalid.)
Sure you may say that now, but all i'm saying is you stand the chance of eating your words when you actually play the game.

And when that happens, you'll look very foolish.

You can't dislike certain attacks because you don't know how they're going to play into the game, or how effective they'll be. For all you know the attack you hate will turn out to be the best in the game.

KIFIKA

Smash Rookie
So you're just saying its fine for YOU to complain about something you've never even experienced, but its NOT ok for me to explain how foolish you look?

Please.

Ive seen this argument hundreds of times, you're trying to make it seem like i'm the one who's negative, if anything i'm above you for staying open minded.

Again, its like complaining about how you don't like a certain kind of food without even trying it.. Then months later you're going to have a taste, and look back at yourself and say "man i was an idiot back then"

All i'm saying is wait until the game is out before you start complaining, instead of now complaining about crap you don't even know the half of.
First off, refer to my other post, which im guessing you havnt read when you posted this. Second, whoever would say that about food...is not only a sally for saying they don't like it and giving into their beliefs and trying it.. but is also a fairy for actually thinking about a time before and saying "man i was an idiot back then."

Red Exodus

Smash Master
To Jump: No, it's called speculation. If you don't like do like I did [when there was little to no info] and stop coming to the brawl boards.

If you're going to try to convince everyone to stop complaining you have your hands full because people will see things and people will not like them. For example: Pikachu's final smash, people have seen it in action and don't like it, there's nothing wrong with that at all.

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
To Jump: No, it's called speculation. If you don't like do like I did [when there was little to no info] and stop coming to the brawl boards.

If you're going to try to convince everyone to stop complaining you have your hands full because people will see things and people will not like them. For example: Pikachu's final smash, people have seen it in action and don't like it, there's nothing wrong with that at all.
There a thick line between speculation and assuming.

What most people have been doing is assuming.

Speculation is saying "hey maybe this this or this will happen, but i wouldn't really like that, and i hope that doesn't happen." assuming is saying "hey i don't like this because of this and I'm standing my ground"

And assuming leads to pointless complaints.

I'm just giving advice. Be careful, or you may eat your words..

(whichwillbehilarious)

KIFIKA

Smash Rookie

Please.

Sure you may say that now, but all i'm saying is you stand the chance of eating your words when you actually play the game.

And when that happens, you'll look very foolish.

You can't dislike certain attacks because you don't know how they're going to play into the game, or how effective they'll be. For all you know the attack you hate will turn out to be the best in the game.
Okay, I'm not trying to totally dissagree with you. I do agree there are certain things that i would say "try it before you diss it" but this is not such a case. And i mean, what does it matter if people are talking about how much they don't like something SO FAR, which may or may not be changed, or heck, they may even like it when they play it. Are you any better than them? You're complaining about someone who complains about something they haven't tried yet. Hey lol, transitive properties, your complaining about something you haven't tried yet. And seriously, its okay to state your point, but are you just looking for an argument? You are going into a thread that says "What don't you like about brawl so far" to argue why people shouldnt complain. Knowing that int he title people would complain, you shouldnt have went in there... :\

I'm just giving advice. Be careful, or you may eat your words..
Or they may not, in which case you'll be eating your words.

Mersh

Smash Apprentice
They are complaining about when you hit someone, and the game freezes for a split second.

It adds a more "impact" feel, and I personally love it.

You know the feeling when you absolutely pwn someone with the homerun bat?

They're prettymuch complaining about that
I don't even notice this.

The way you people talk about it makes it seem like the entire game freezes for 5 seconds whenever a hit is landed.

The only difference in "impact" is the awesome sounds the game makes when a hit connects, and the little cartoony sparks of light.

And I love those.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
Woah.

And you're planning on buying this game?
Probably not, unless both Ridley and Olimar are playable. I don't even have a Wii yet. I just don't like the direction that this game is going in (although it's great to see Diddy get some more game-time).

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
Okay, I'm not trying to totally dissagree with you. I do agree there are certain things that i would say "try it before you diss it" but this is not such a case. And i mean, what does it matter if people are talking about how much they don't like something SO FAR, which may or may not be changed, or heck, they may even like it when they play it. Are you any better than them? You're complaining about someone who complains about something they haven't tried yet. Hey lol, transitive properties, your complaining about something you haven't tried yet. And seriously, its okay to state your point, but are you just looking for an argument? You are going into a thread that says "What don't you like about brawl so far" to argue why people shouldnt complain. Knowing that int he title people would complain, you shouldnt have went in there... :\

Or they may not, in which case you'll be eating your words.
Well whatever... you can pretty much say that with any argument. You're just reversing my points on me which really leads us to nowhere.

I'm just the type of guy who looks to the bright side, and seeing these weak arguments about why people don't like something really irks me..

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Regarding freeze frames: It's subtle, I'm sure there are subtle details you don't like about certain things, it's what makes you human.

KIFIKA

Smash Rookie
Well whatever... you can pretty much say that with any argument. You're just reversing my points on me which really leads us to nowhere.

I'm just the type of guy who looks to the bright side, and seeing these weak arguments about why people don't like something really irks me..
I like you, play the bigger man :[ I like debating more though. I'm a master debater you know. Hah, jay pee. Idk, i mean you have points, but as with anything there are points on the flip side. You should have known that posting about complaining would have lead to 10 threads with people arguing with you, ultimatly leading to no-where though. :\

Sprigginz_Caldo

Smash Apprentice
I am not too fond of the online play via Wi-Fi. Nintendo is too overprotective.

The stages aren't exciting me a whole bunch, either. The items also seem like they are just going to be turned off again. Other than that....

The SE updates are great, and it seems like the Smash team are really trying to add some depth into the game via single player mode. Props to them!

In summation!
Online = bad, Items = nothing special, Stages = underwhelming

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
I don't even notice this.

The way you people talk about it makes it seem like the entire game freezes for 5 seconds whenever a hit is landed.

The only difference in "impact" is the awesome sounds the game makes when a hit connects, and the little cartoony sparks of light.

And I love those.
Its not supposed to be noticeable, and it really isn't unless someone points it out.

The thing is, it doesn't lag the whole game or anything, it just freezes your character and your enemy.. for probably .1 second(s).

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
I like you, play the bigger man :[ I like debating more though. I'm a master debater you know. Hah, jay pee. Idk, i mean you have points, but as with anything there are points on the flip side. You should have known that posting about complaining would have lead to 10 threads with people arguing with you, ultimatly leading to no-where though. :\
Actually what would be great if people just added what liked to what they didn't like.. that wouldn't bother me so much. Or at least a reason why they don't like something.. that would be more understandable.

I personally thought I would have more supporters in this thread with all the Nintendo fanboys running around. :laugh:

sorry for double post... use to WoW forums.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
It's noticeable to gamers, casual gamers don't notice or care about that so arguing about it would be pointless.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The fact that people are judging a game we know only 0.0000001% about is kinda retarted. Pretty n00by, actually. If you were to say the updates or something, it'd be a diffrent case.

As for the updates, we don't have enough info. the character roster is too small, half the music isn't that good, most the music isn't even orchestrated, and we only got like 3 good songs [Ridley's, OOT, and MGS4 songs]. We have too little stages, too little items [I said it], too little Pokéball Pokémon, too little ATs, too little everything, ESPECIALLY MUSIC sample [length], too small of a confirmed roster, and only 15 minutes of trailers. *points at MGS4's basically 1 hours of trailers on that has been released already*

But the worst is that Europe, Australia, and everywhere except the Amercias has to wait until 2008, and that we don't even have the game. the worst thing is that the game isn't out yet, we haven't seen Falcon's 3rd knee yet, and Sakurai is on the verge of pissing me off by not having Ness playable. Do it, and I'll f***ing insult you in all 4 of my taunts Sakurai. JUST DO IT! I DARE YOU! :laugh:

KIFIKA

Smash Rookie
I don't like the pokemon trainer. I just don't like the premise of being able to choose 3 different pokemon that share life, have different moves and are able to switch out. I may like it when the game comes out, but from what i've read, he doesn't seem like a great character for the game.

I'm also not too fond of the lack of roy, he was my favorite character on mele, and was my icon. People recognized me as roy. (not that i looked like him or acted like him, just because i always used him...and used him good.. poeple assosiated him with me)

now, on the other hand. I love the wifi battling, online play is nessasary now a days. Also i have friends all over America in TN and NC, and now i live in MA ( i moved a lot)

I also love some of the stages and Pit from KI since it was one of my favorite games

happy, Jumpinjahosafa ? lol, i try to do the world some good.

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
I don't like the pokemon trainer. I just don't like the premise of being able to choose 3 different pokemon that share life, have different moves and are able to switch out. I may like it when the game comes out, but from what i've read, he doesn't seem like a great character for the game.

I'm also not too fond of the lack of roy, he was my favorite character on mele, and was my icon. People recognized me as roy. (not that i looked like him or acted like him, just because i always used him...and used him good.. poeple assosiated him with me)

now, on the other hand. I love the wifi battling, online play is nessasary now a days. Also i have friends all over America in TN and NC, and now i live in MA ( i moved a lot)

I also love some of the stages and Pit from KI since it was one of my favorite games

happy, Jumpinjahosafa ? lol, i try to do the world some good.
Very happy.

Now i see where you're coming from, and I can thoroughly understand why you don't like something. ( I was pissed when I heard young link might not be in the game.. he was my main)

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
- Automatic crouch cancelling
- Stickers
- Zamus is possibly an item
- Automatic neutral jab combos (you barely had to tap it for rapid before, wil this make the gentleman of falcon easier?)
- auto link grapple recovery
- Gliding, because with good DI its gonna be a very hard to edgeguard recovery, I really think Pit, and probably meta too are going to rank very highly in competitive brawl play.

Aside from that its lookin good so far, I just wanna see falcon badly.

Top Bottom