• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What don't you like about Brawl so far?

ShurikenBW

Smash Cadet
Probably the stages, most of them seem like battlefield with a different environment. They all seem so small, Wario won't have enough place to move around with that chopper.

Also, it looks like Sakurai is making Brawl way too easy.

darkNES386

Smash Lord
It didnt show Captain Falcon yet
ice climbers coming back, an icicle mountain esque stage, no confirmation of capt. falcon or jigglypuff, no actual gameplay footage (i mean like gameplay we see of super mario galaxy)
They are secret characters... of course they are not going to show them off to begin... you need to unlock them =) They're going old school with the original 4 unlockables.

Sanjuinuthus

Smash Apprentice
The oversized avatars on the damage counters (seriously, whoever though of putting that there should be slapped).

That's pretty much my only gripe. I preferred the gameplay in SSB to SSBM so I don't have a problem with Brawl returning to its roots.

I prefer hectic stages to Battlefield-esque ones, so that's another plus for me.

I play with (most) items on.

And I don't care about playing online (and I probably never will) so it being flawed is not a drawback to me.

Alias

Smash Apprentice
i dont get what people are saying about "freeze times"

huh!?

iMichael

Smash Lord
1-5) Snake, all Snake-related items and stages, Snake's voice, and any other third party characters that might be planned.
6) All confirmed stages so far falling into three categories: "Icicle Mountain," "Mute City" and "Battlefield"
7) Final Smash
8) Assist trophies
9) Captain Olimar not confirmed.
10) Ridley not confrimed
Wow dude......wow

blayde_axel

Smash Master
1-5) Snake, all Snake-related items and stages, Snake's voice, and any other third party characters that might be planned.
6) All confirmed stages so far falling into three categories: "Icicle Mountain," "Mute City" and "Battlefield"
7) Final Smash
8) Assist trophies
10) Ridley not confrimed
So, who wants Melee, the sequel?!

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
If I have to be anal about this:

1) Diddy Kongs final smash
2) No online ranking system

Other then that I am perfectly content. I am happy this isn't a "expansion pack" of Melee.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Updates making People make threads about stuff we barely know.
Done.

Am I the only one who digs the damage counters?

The only complaint I have off the top of my head is Resetti is not playable.

When that's the only thing I can think of, I know we're in for a real treat here. I'm sure I can find something to whine about once I actually PLAY the game in depth. :)
I like the damage counters!

Kooichi

Smash Journeyman
Falco hasn't been updated yet XD

jk, I haven't found one thing I don't like about it so far. =O

tshahi10

Smash Ace
i dont like the lag frames and the game looks a little slower. but thats just me

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
7) Final Smash
8) Assist trophies
10) Ridley not confrimed
Seems like you're playing the wrong game to me.

I personally hate all of the characters because they arent 8bit.

/kidding.

SpitFire15

Smash Ace
1.) Ice Climbers returning because I have never liked them.
2.) The 'no flinching' on certain moves because it was bad enough when Yoshi had it.
3.) It's been three months and there have been no new info on Zelda; I want to see if her down-B changed and/or if she's still crap or not.
4.) The 8-bit ATs look embarrassing. I realize they're supposed to be throwbacks, but the NES was four generations ago! Both Lakitu and Excitebike deserve to be 3-D.

And what's this about freeze frames?

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
The avatars/sprites where your damage counter is. I don't mind online that much. I'll just be getting FC's from people on here. If not, well, talk about mindgames online; you don't even know who you're up against. I find that a bit exciting :p

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
This is possibly the most negative thread i've seen a while.

Complainers who havnt even played the game yet.. possibly the worst type of complainers.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
Im not a big fan of the the 8-bit ATs.
I dont like the freeze frames either, but ill wait till the game comes out before i start complaining about that.

raptorbaby10

Smash Journeyman
Well, just to say, I, too, like the damage counters.
A lot.
They look sick, and pretty fresh. Along with the freeze frames. If not we'll just get use to them.

Naw, I have no complaints, though.

a1j2h5

Smash Apprentice
This is possibly the most negative thread i've seen a while.

Complainers who havnt even played the game yet.. possibly the worst type of complainers.
Agreed.
How can you really complain about something you haven't even tried yet.
Its kinda like how people said the Wii is a Gamecube with Motion Sensing without even trying it out first.

Camalach

Smash Apprentice
Well it seems alot of people are anti the damage counters. Since they are really just for show I'm willing to bet that their will be an option to shut them off. By the way I dont think they're that bad.

Talendime

Smash Ace
I wouldn't say I don't like any specific thing out of the game, but there are a couple things that brought me disappointment..

1. Diddy wasn't made with the greatness I had in mind for him.
2. Most of the stages don't seem to be very big. Dynamic, yes, but just not big enough. I mean, look at the size of Castle Siege (the first form). Can't even fit two pikachus on that thing.
3. The stickers will just cause me annoyance, as I'll get all OCD on myself if I don't manage to find them all.
4. The Subspace army seems a little random. I would have rather seen something a bit more grand.

As much as this game isn't perfect, it has already far surpassed Melee in (I'm sure) everyone's eyes, so we really shouldn't be looking at the flaws like this..

Mersh

Smash Apprentice
The fact that you can only play one character at a time in SSE. I was under the impression that you'd play your character, and the rest of your team would follow you, controlled by AI.

Also the lack of 4-player co-op.

Though, these things not being in the game could be for the better.

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
I wouldn't say I don't like any specific thing out of the game, but there are a couple things that brought me disappointment..

1. Diddy wasn't made with the greatness I had in mind for him.
2. Most of the stages don't seem to be very big. Dynamic, yes, but just not big enough. I mean, look at the size of Castle Siege (the first form). Can't even fit two pikachus on that thing.
3. The stickers will just cause me annoyance, as I'll get all OCD on myself if I don't manage to find them all.
4. The Subspace army seems a little random. I would have rather seen something a bit more grand.

As much as this game isn't perfect, it has already far surpassed Melee in (I'm sure) everyone's eyes, so we really shouldn't be looking at the flaws like this..
1. How much do you actually know about diddy?

4. How much do you actually know about subspace?

See what i mean? when the game is actually released, you're gonna feel really sorry posting a response like that.

Top Bottom