• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What does the future hold for MewTwo.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
If you have ventured to this sad, cold corner of the boards.............then you probably know that MewTwo was booted from Super Smash Bros Brawl. He was SUPPOSED to be in, but he didn't make the final cut.

Melee may be different enough from Brawl to still have a following and not be obsolete, but what does the future hold for our dear MewTwo? Will he make it in another Smash Bros. game, if there even is one? Discuss.

But anywho, here's a little monologue about MewTwo that I posted on a different site.

"I didn't watch much of the Pokemon anime, but from what I have seen MewTwo was the only character I could really respect. MewTwo had enough attitude, enough back-story, and enough character development to rival and even surpass any of the other main characters. If Pikachu represents pokemon as a whole then MewTwo represents either the entire first generation of Poke'mon or at least represents all legendary Poke'mon. MewTwo's popularity has gained him 3 movies and appearances in plenty of games. All this, and he was cut from Brawl. Sure, MewTwo wasn't that great in Super Smash Bros. Melee, but Brawl gave a perfect chance to remake him. The really horrible thing is that they ignored him completely. MewTwo is not in a poke'ball, he's not an assist trophy, nor is he a SubSpace Emissary boss. Brawl was delayed two times and that time was not used to put in one of the most respected and original characters in Pokemon AND Smash Bros. There are even unused character Files of MewTwo on the game disc, but they didn't see fit to finish the job (at least they tried) ! Lucario, the Pokemon who has "replaced" MewTwo, Does not even play like MewTwo for the most part!(though I admit he looks interesting)MewTwo has much more importance over Lucario, Seeing as MewTwo has been in three movies and plenty of games, as I mentioned before."

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
How useful is Mewtwo moonwalk as far as versatility goes? I tend to do deep wavedash grab as a dashdancing punish.
WTF what is deep wavedashing, and you are right I loves the cat with mental ability's. I did also hear that he was in but they didn't finish. I think just because of the delay and the contents of the game it is obsolete. I did like the features but that can 't carry this irritable game.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
WTF what is deep wavedashing, and you are right I loves the cat with mental ability's. I did also hear that he was in but they didn't finish. I think just because of the delay and the contents of the game it is obsolete. I did like the features but that can 't carry this irritable game.
Are you talking about Melee or Brawl? Because you said "delay" I take it you meant Brawl?

The Enemy

Smash Apprentice
I would also like to add that Pokemon: The First Movie, which had Mewtwo as the Main antagonist, was the highest grossing anime film in the US and the third highest grossing animated film based on a television show in the world. It was also the most-grossing film based on a video game at the time until it got beaten by Lara Croft: Tomb Raider in 2001. Yeahhhhh, taking out Mewtwo for Lucario makes sooo much sense >.>

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Quak. Get off this board. Now.

MewTwo was a neat character. If Lucario played EXACTLY like him (with better stats of course) I wouldn't be that annoyed.....well, maybe still a little annoyed.....

I don't care what you think, but MewTwo was cool because he wasn't like other Pokemon. MewTwo didn't take **** from the humans and refused to do as they say, He refused to fight for the their power and entertainment. He then ran a world domination campaign to liberate all pokemon from the human oppressors. If that's not hardcore then what is? Name one other fictional character that's cooler than that (except for G.I.R., of course).

And, on a final note, I'M GODD*MNED PROUD TO BE A NERD.

The Enemy

Smash Apprentice
you guys are all ****ing nerds

stop giving a **** about pokemon
What the f*** is wrong with being a nerd?
Some would say that people who spend hours playing video games are nerds....
People who post on video game boards are nerds....
People who record their matches and make montages are also considered nerds generally...

Live N' Learn

Smash Rookie
Umm Quak you call us nerds?? Mr. I have 1,713 post on a forum site ABOUT A GAME?!?!?

A Nerd to SSBB is as a Mother Bear to her Cubs.... So **** off!

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
WTF what is deep wavedashing
It's just a wavedash with an airdodge that is almost horizontal. So it goes really far.

They go in air, I dashdance fairly far away, they do an attack to try to beat normal dashdance in, I wavedash and time it so that their attack will barely whiff me, haxgrab.

BUTTT I was wondering how far moonwalks go.

The Enemy

Smash Apprentice
The Mewtwo board is basically dead. I was looking forward to Taj and some of the other top M2 players posting vids, but I guess there isn't much of a point. Dang shame, Mewtwo is a great character. I love how different Taj, Quak, ADHD, and Iori's styles are. Guess I'll have to find other nerd-like things to do.

(off to the Snake isn't broken debates)

quak

Smash Champion
It's just a wavedash with an airdodge that is almost horizontal. So it goes really far.

They go in air, I dashdance fairly far away, they do an attack to try to beat normal dashdance in, I wavedash and time it so that their attack will barely whiff me, haxgrab.

BUTTT I was wondering how far moonwalks go.
not far at all, mewtwo's will only let him barely grab the ledge if you roll all the way towards it

you guys also forgot to mention that i wrote the 21 page guide to mewtwo that's stickied here

to reiterate: you guys are effin hilarious

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
oh but you sir, you are definetly on a different level than everyone else

that was the dumbest **** i've ever heard
Let sleeping psychic genetic pokemon cats lie, Quak.....

*a cricket chirps*

OK, so that wasn't funny. So sue me.:ohwell:

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
not far at all, mewtwo's will only let him barely grab the ledge if you roll all the way towards it

you guys also forgot to mention that i wrote the 21 page guide to mewtwo that's stickied here

to reiterate: you guys are effin hilarious
Mewtwo's moonwalks are extended if you wavedash into them.

slave1

Smash Lord
the mewtwo threads kicked the crap out of all the brawl threads. the people here i cooler and are not noobs. i am tired of reading found new combo, push A three times. people in here are cool

The Enemy

Smash Apprentice
the mewtwo threads kicked the crap out of all the brawl threads. the people here i cooler and are not noobs. i am tired of reading found new combo, push A three times. people in here are cool
You speak the pure truth. The brawl threads are lamer than using the word lame to describe how lame something is.

Mewter

Smash Master
It would've been cool if they put Mewtwo in Brawl...(I wonder what his Final smash would've been) but made him much better. What if they made a remake of Brawl that was more like Melee?...:confused:(Wavedashing, L canceling, falling faster... Melee mechanics)
Edit: It's so sad, I was Finally getting good at him too, but then I erased my secret character data!:laugh:

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Too true. There are entire topics about ONE character's Forward Aerial Attack, and some of these topics are several pages long. Aren't there more important things about a character to debate?

quak

Smash Champion
hey iori, post a 1v1 vid against a fastfaller that your proud of, i hear people talking you up alot so i'd like to see footage of it

fastfaller just cause anything else is boring as ****, no offense to your mewtwo, just offense to mewtwo :p

Zerra

Smash Rookie
It doesn't seem like the programmers set out to replace Mewtwo with Lucario. I would say that time restraints prevented them from adding Mewtwo, so they decided to make Lucario a psuedo-clone. That means that things look good for Mewtwo in SSB4. The problem is that we'll probally have to wait five or six years for the next system to come out. Which really sucks because after seeing how they screwed up Mewtwo in Meele, they should have been able to repair him and make him more applicable.

Fenrir

Smash Ace
NNID
FenrirW0lf
3DS FC
3523-2051-9785
Yeah, I recall hearing about how there are bits of his character floating around in Brawl`s game data. I`m hoping that one day he`ll be back, and not too far removed from his Melee version. But better, of course.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
It kinda bugs me that there're little parts of Mewtwo in Brawl's code because it means he's taking up space that could be used for other stuff.

Like L-canceling.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
It kinda bugs me that there're little parts of Mewtwo in Brawl's code because it means he's taking up space that could be used for other stuff.

Like L-canceling.
A code reducing the landing lag from attacks in half if you press L within a certain set of frames before landing wouldnt probably even take a MB lol

Fenrir

Smash Ace
NNID
FenrirW0lf
3DS FC
3523-2051-9785
Perhaps. It probably won`t be in an anywhere near usable form, however.

Top Bottom