• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What does the future hold for MewTwo.

Mewter

Smash Master
Mewtwo should have been in Brawl and been improved.
I really wanted him in Brawl,since I kind of mained him in Melee.
Lucario.

bowser17

Smash Rookie
Mewtwo

I love Mewtwo; he's probably my second favourite character after Bowser. One of the funniest things that's happened is that frequently when my cousin and I were playing any video game (but sometimes it actually was Melee) my uncle will walk in. And the first thing he says is always "Where's Mewtwo??" ROFL even though he barely knew a thing about Pokemon, that's the one he remembered and respected LOL... so that's sort of proof for me that Mewtwo should have been in Brawl. And they should have given him a "Psybeam" and "Psychic" etc. for his B move (NOT 'Shadow Ball' or whatever that is) but that's just what I think. But I have no clue what will become of him in the future... maybe he'll take over Nintendo and SORA HQs, angry at their leaving him out of Brawl, and take control over their minds, causing havoc over the nation, so we should all be ready LOL

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
This thread is really giving me more faith. I think that Mewtwo WILL return...

...god, that was awful...

Anyway, let's Hear It For Smash Bros. DS!!!

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
This thread is really giving me more faith. I think that Mewtwo WILL return...

...god, that was awful...

Anyway, let's Hear It For Smash Bros. DS!!!
Lol, I always wondered what it'd be like if SSB came to portable systems :). But the controls would have to be reworked so much...

I just wish that Lucario and Mewtwo could both be in SSB4, as well as Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, and...*sighs* fine, Jigglypuff, too. 5 reps for Pokemon might be a bit much, but I'm sure Nintendo could let it slide, especially since it's Mewtwo we're talking about (one of THE most famous Pokemon along with Pikachu and the Kanto Starters).

With his moveset easily changeable to distance himself from Lucario a bit, Mewtwo in SSB4 would make it even more enjoyable...and let Mewtwo finally get the respect that he deserves in SSB for his power and backstory, just like he does in the Pokemon RPGs.

Hopefully, Mewtwo's presence can stay alive in these SSBM threads until SSB4! :D

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Kudos for that little speech.

I think they went the wrong way with Pokemon trainer. I'm pretty sure he's unbalanced, and he's completely unnecessary in several a sense.

1 ALL FIRST GEN POKEMON. Yes, first gen is the best, but this would've been an easy rep for all the other gens that were left out. MUDKIP, BAYLEEF, CHARIZARD. Panning generations would've rocked.

2 THE TRAINER HIMSELF. Honestly, who ever actually cared about the humans? It's the pokemon that won hearts. Also, no annoying voice-acting.

3 CONCEPT CLONE. Many character's have an interesting catch that goes with them. Zelda: transforms, Ice-Climbers: Two of 'em, Olimar: Minions with elemental attacks. I'm pretty sure this is why Plusle And Minun didn't get in. Sure, he's not a true clone, but the only concept difference is that the Pokemon tire out and must be switched...

4 NO DEMAND. I never heard anybody say they wanted Pokemon Trainer in. He's like R.O.B: He might be a good character, but that doesn't change the fact that nobody wanted him in...

(P.S. I like R.O.B. He is my secondary. My first is Mr. Game. My third (and best) is Wolf.)

I would also like to note that even though Sakurai does not think DLC will happen, Nintendo itself can still give the thumbs up (if they don't act like jerks).

Zerra

Smash Rookie
4 NO DEMAND. I never heard anybody say they wanted Pokemon Trainer in. He's like R.O.B: He might be a good character, but that doesn't change the fact that nobody wanted him in...

(P.S. I like R.O.B. He is my secondary. My first is Mr. Game. My third (and best) is Wolf.)
I 100% agree with you. R.O.B. i had never even heard of before he was announced, and i figured WTF is this? Its WALL-E! But as it turns out i like him, he has a nice look, retro feel, fun to play, etc. But i still am like, why the %$&# did they put in PT in? More so than any other character, he is purely a gimick.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
I dunno about you but I always wanted PT in. Granted, I don't play him but i always thought he'd be an interesting character.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
I just hope Nintendo snaps out of it and finally releases a Brawl Channel...with Mewtwo in it, of course...

Omni_Smash

Smash Apprentice
You know, I think that there is some possibility of Nintendo sending out a patch for the Game for the following reasons:

Mewtwo actually has a physically body programmed into the game along with a voice for the Character select screen, he just is unfinished.

Ditto for Roy, and I think Doc too... although I'm not sure about doc.

It would make sense for Nintendo to wait and release "NEW SECRET CHARACTERS!!! + EXTENDED SUB SPACE EMMISSARY + NEW STAGES!!!" We would all aplaud and rush to buy the patch.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Yeah. Amazingly, Nintendo would be greedy for the BETTER. Who woulda thunk it?

I think they might just be waiting until most people have near-exhausted the extras in the game by unlocking everything...

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
...riiiiight...

In the mean-time, though, how are we going to make sure Nintendo gives out DLC?...AND puts Mewtwo innit...

Keyy

Smash Apprentice
haha nintendo & patches/DLC...
you would have to snipe the people who are currently in charge.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Well, I emailed finally Nintendo about it. Put in the petition and everything...

Here's what I got:

"Hello,

I appreciate your taking the time to share your comments with us in regard to wanting to see Mewtwo in a Super Smash Bros. game. I will forward your email on to the appropriate department for further review. While you won't be contacted further regarding this issue, please rest assured that your feedback will be taken into consideration when planning future games.

Sincerely,

Sharon Matheny
Nintendo of America Inc."

....well....it's a start....

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Really? They actually wrote back to you? That is awesome!
I have just regained hope in this cause!
Too bad next game will be Brawl V1.5.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I've gotten word from others all their messages are somewhat similar to that...

Well, as long as Brawl 1.5 includes Mewtwo and others...

Also, I love your icon. BlackMage for Smash.

Omni_Smash

Smash Apprentice
Well, who knows maybe they will listen or are planning something really sneaky behind our backs.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Well, who knows maybe they will listen or are planning something really sneaky behind our backs.
That's what I'm counting on. Seeing as this is Nintendo, ya never know! We've got nothing to lose, only DLC to gain!

tyrehire

Smash Rookie
HA I bet if we got enough people comlaining striaght to Nintendo it might work?

Gigan X3

Smash Apprentice
WOAH, that was noobish. Are you serious?

I'm sorry, but that statement was laughable.

Sure was dumb.

I also wish for Mewtwo to come back, I didn't like Lucario's playstyle even though he looks cool I guess.

Also a thing I have thought sometimes, If Mewtwo was put in Brawl 100% the way he is in Melee with all of his Bottomness, He would even then rank rather high in Brawl as we are keeping the speed he had in Melee so even though he was floaty in Melee, That same falling speed would be fast for Brawl. :)

Top Bottom