• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you think would make Smash 4 a perfect game

Rykard

Smash Ace
can we bring back crouch canceling?

Also it would be cool if they added the Blue Shell from Mario Kart as an Item that automatically tracks and does damage/knockback to the person in the lead

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
All the physics from Melee and King K. Rool. And if we're being unrealistic, Banjo too, please.

Vkrm

Smash Lord
People not knowing how to deal with CGing is not grounds for its removal, especially considering there are answers to a lot of them, and the ones that don't have an obvious counter often don't deal a crap to of damage. Sakurai should not balance the gameplay around the lower level imo. That's how we got brawl.

Sol_Vent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
l-Sorubento-l
3DS FC
1375-8278-3354
I want an actual concept for how Yoshi is supposed to work. Offensive? Defensive? Whatever. Just make it something actually thought out.

Itakio

Smash Journeyman
Nerf defensive options (e.g. add more shieldstun or reduce out of shield options), buff offensive options (e.g. put dash dancing back in, remove tripping), put more hitstun in so combos are legitimate. Make online play playable and add a ranked 1v1/2v2 ladder IMO.

FourStar

Smash Ace
seriously melee was the best game ever so i would like to see the new game be very similar to melee with just better graphics and a good online play. and the story mode from brawl was amazing so add that too

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Regular Balance Patches
Faster pace, less "floatiness", similar to Melee
Ability to turn off tripping
More alternate costumes
Mewtwo

Roski

Smash Rookie
A Ladder for online play. People always say ladders don't matter, yadda, yadda but I think it makes the game more competitive and it will make streaming the game great!

A co-op/multiplayer story mode. This game was made to play with friends, why not have the story mode friend friendly?

Saving settings, meaning I don't have to change from Time > Stock every time I turn on the game. I say leave the ledge grabbing alone, meaning (you can grab the edge backwards).

Some kind of team-attack move for doubles?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm a bit surprised how quickly this thread reached 4 pages and over 3000 views in less than 24 hours.

xzx

Smash Lord
ABSOLUTELY NO Chain grabs, Grab releases and Infinites. Better Online capabilities. DLC for everything (mostly for balancing), including 1-player mode (like new event matches, specific Adventure Mode Stages etc). No tripping.

You must test every character so they don't end up being like Meta Knight.

Izzmo

Smash Cadet
I want smash 4 to be amazing like melee towards both competitive and casual players, while accepting the competitive side from a designing point of view and making it more accessible to players

-gamespeed close to/exactly like melee
-hitstun exactly like/a little stronger than melee
-melee hitlag
-melee airdodge system + allowing airdodges to be buffered during jump squat
-I don't care whether l-cancelling returns or not, although no l-cancelling would certainly increase the amount of serious players.
-project: m ledgegrabs
-project: m or worse recoveries
-viable characters across the board
-no tripping
-a better basic tutorial than the how to play videos, training you in tilting vs. smashing, wavedashing, proper c-stick usage, recovering, etc.
-a additional advanced tutorial training you in approaching, techchasing, comboing, mindgames, etc.
-GCC or a WiiU gamepad with octo-gates instead of circle-gates
-more whacky items/stages
-more and more varied competitively acceptable stages (although I feel there are far more viable stages in melee than the 6 we play on anyway)
-far better netcode
-Amaterasu

Mera Mera

Smash Journeyman
I know this is a lot to read, so I underlined what I think were my most unique, but good ideas.

-have stage gimmicks be predictable/controllable

e.g.
  • if there should be stage hitboxes, have them be caused by opponents doing something and make the location of the hitbox consistent/predictable. For example, hitting someone in front of a cannon could cause what happens in halberd with the canon locking on, rather than it locking on to a person randomly
  • on yoshi's island 64, the clouds would disappear if you stood on them too long.
-have gimmicky game types

e.g.
  • for competitive play: Have a tag team that works like this: two players are in the background that can do nothing except move around and maybe mess with the stage. However, the person on their team who is fighting can grab them at any time and throw them into battle... the throw will not cause hitstun but WILL cause knockback (and maybe damage). This throw will switch the thrower to the background and the thrown into where you can fight... this could be fun, since you could throw your teammate at an opponent for approaches and fancy edge guards and combos. To add to this, maybe have it so that hitting a button brings you into the same plain where you can be hit, and if you are, be it by foe or friend, you are switched in. If the foe hits you, you will be damaged and in hitstun... this could be debatable for if your friend hits you.
  • for casuals: have a mode for 3-4 players where you can only hurt one player and only one playing can hit you, so there's like triangle chases... who you can hit should switch at every kill or something. For example, p1 can hit p2, p2 can hit p3, and p3 can hit p1, but it then switches after a kill and indicates this some how (color changes? maybe red chases blue, who chases green).
-go back to melee physics, air dodge, tethers, and shield mechanics

-have aesthetic features, such as music, costumes, and maybe stage textures unlockable rather than things that are needed for competitive play like stages, characters, and rule settings

-as a general but maybe not iron clad rule: any guaranteed combo should last 2-3 hits, maybe a bit more if they're low damage and don't guarantee lead to a kill move... there should be some prediction on DI/techs from around there on to continue a combo

-add one move for each character that can change an attribute of a character and give them incentive to change the attribute back and forth depending on situations:

e.g.
  • like someone said before, fludd on mario could increase the fall speed of mario when charged, but also, for example, decrease his run speed. Another way to encourage switching back and fourth is to have fludd (when used) give mario a boost in momentum in a direction that can be canceled into an attack, extending combo's and/or increasing burst range for approaches. Then having it charged might always be better attribute-wise (except maybe off stage), but you have incentive to get rid of this advantage anyways.
  • an example of a move affecting another characters attribute: being on fire increases run speed temporarily (a bad thing, but this could discourage spamming projectiles, but encourage careful use, like how links bombs can lead to combo's which mean the fire would go out before the opponent could use their advantage.
  • another example might be, being electrocuted could cause weak heavy armor for the person who is hit (that protects you from just some jabs and most projectiles), but also make it so that electricity eats away at your shield (without causing shieldstun, that'd be overkill). This way, pikachu's neutral B would encourage pikachu to pressure the opponent after hitting with neutral B once, and it would discourage continual spamming (since the opponent could run through a second hit). (this could be done with falco too?) Note: this affect would be temporary... somewhere between 2-5 seconds probably and it would have a visual cue.
-be able to manipulate/change the stage.

e.g.
  • ice climbers being able to freeze the ground that make dash dancing impossible at that location (except for them? spiked shoes?) and also decrease the friction. Make this not last long.
  • probably too hard to implement, but add the ability to dent or destroy parts of stages permanently. It could be the gimmick of a large stage that slowly gets smaller. The hurtboxes on the stage should NOT cause the character to go into hitlag.
-have momentum changing moves on most if not all characters, especially if there's no wavedashing

e.g.
  • like in PM, ike can jump cancel his side b
  • have psy magnet on ness stop his vertical momentum but maintain his horizontal momentum (and maybe boost it slightly)... this should be cancelable in some way.

Ziodyne

Smash Ace
Not to be rude, but I observe that many people are setting themselves to disappointment once they get their hands on the new game.

I can't help but think on the possibility of Smash 4 dividing the community even further and being the cause of more senseless flame wars.
I think this is a fair assessment of what could easily happen

I and many others probably won't care because we already know what game we'll be playing after Smash 4 is released, in which case I will actually take some form of sadistic pleasure from watching people scream at each other on the internet over an E-10+ rated video game.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
-Miiverse tournaments with many options (solo, 2 vs 2, item matches)
-perfect online play with lobbies for different gameplay modes
-online co-op for the new Subspace Emissary replacement
-Gamepad can be utilized for many things such as gameplay, pictures, recording, stage building, etc.
-4 people can be playing on the tv and the gamepad can be taking pictures and rotating the camera without effecting gameplay
-Miiverse picture contests to win new trophies/stickers
-Miiverse posting the best pictures daily
-Stage builder on steroids
-Miiverse stage builder share where you can post yours, try others and even download ones you like
-A better match recording system used through the gamepad
-Gamepad 'God Mode' where 4 people on tv gamepad controls item spawning, the stage itself, bosses, Masterhand or even just a 5th player
-3DS compatibility to use it for 'God Mode'
-Miis as playable characters but not customizable. Already have set moves and size but you can choose their colour, which Miis to use and what taunts they have
-A store within the game where you can buy trophies, stickers, music, retro stages, costumes, taunts, etc.
-A single player (with co-op) story mode that isn't based in some new world like Subspace, but incorporates all of the classic Nintendo worlds into one. Maybe the subspace bombs get scattered and collect certain areas from Mushroom Kingdom, Donkey Kong Country, Sonic's world, etc.
-Replace Goldeen with Magikarp. It just makes so much more sense.
-More retro stages from 64, Melee and Brawl
-A Melee-esque video intro. I liked Brawls but it was just Subspace Emissary. Melee has THE BEST game intro.
-Incorporate the Dojo into the actual game so you can bring it up on the gamepad whenever you'd like. The information becomes available when you unlock new characters, stages, items, etc. I don't want to get spoiled like last time.
-In game challenges to unlock new things for purchase in the store. A star rod spawns so a challenge graphic pops up at the top of the screen "KO the other fighter with a star rod". Completing that challenge unlocks something new in the store. If you don't complete it another challenge can appear sometime later.

hectohertz

Smash Ace
oh also, phantom hits should do double damage, or have normal KB and 1.5 damage, the game should be rewarding you for perfect spacing, not punishing you

Kel

Smash Master
M2K, make it so that they will release a special edition Smash Bros Wiiu complete with a Gamecube style controller/ and or GCN ports. That would help a ton because the Wiiu pro controller does not seem like the kind of thing you would want a good game to be played on.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Already GameCube adapters being sold on amazon to go straight into the wii u. I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo gets in on this, new gcn controllers is unlikely because I heard they lost the patent. It's be a lot of money to get it again

Edit: it seems that they lost a court case where they were sued for the vibration pack in their controllers infringing on a shell companies patent. Shell companies being those that make crap, patent **** no one wants and then sit on them until they find someone to sue for money. Nintendo paid them 21mil and couldn't make those controllers anymore but apparently they won an appeal and can sell them again...so maybe if there's enough demand to be mass produced again.

Kel

Smash Master
The problem with adapters is that they use USB, which the WiiU only has 2 of (no teams) or they hook up into normal Wiiu controllers, which are wireless (no large tournaments). At least for the ones I've seen thusfar.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
M2K, make it so that they will release a special edition Smash Bros Wiiu complete with a Gamecube style controller/ and or GCN ports. That would help a ton because the Wiiu pro controller does not seem like the kind of thing you would want a good game to be played on.
Not the kind of thing a good game could be played on huh? How old are you like 7?

You obviously haven't spent much time with one. You also don't have your facts straight because there are 4 USB slots on the Wii U. 2 in front and 2 in back. And you can plug in each one with the USB cord included with each controller for a wired and fully charged experience.

Player-1

Smash Legend
-A way too use GC controllers
-Better Online (connection wise, different types of playlist with a ranking system)
-I don't want a melee 2.0, either a whole new game separate from that of the previous 3 titles or a more refined brawl-like game. Brawl-like as in instead of getting guaranteed damage out of a combo from 0-80 you just take the hit and get put in an unfavorable position (More strings, less combos. More reading based rather than combo based)).
-Techskill should be rewarded, but not absolutely needed to do well. Focused on rewarding smarts rather than who is more technical (goes back to my previous point of read based rather than combo based)
-Faster gameplay than brawl, slightly slower than melee. I'd really like to see a fast paced game that is more read/string based than combo based.
-No tripping, no input delay, less randomness overall (stages like Yoshi's Story from melee with Randall over Yoshi's Island in Brawl with random ghost platforms). No random spawning (as in the very beginning of the match). No randomly dropping items out of your hands.
-More neutral-like levels
-Nerf brawl-like planking (possibly adding something like grabbing the edge more than x number of times without touching stage you won't be able to?). If it seems like it might head in that type of direction have an option for an in game ledge grab counter or any type of counter for that matter. Not necessarily nerf the ledge options as the ledge is already a pretty bad place to be.
-Chain grabs/infinites be removed or nerfed (less DDD/Falco CGs that do 40+ damage, chain grabs that do minimal damage are okay)
-Tournament mode be ran on a network so other wii us/3ds and even computers can connect and run the same bracket. Be able to save bracket and return to it later. Be able to edit tournament settings while tournament in progress. Being able to customize type of tournament on in tournament mode (singel elimnation, double, round robin, etc.).
-Bring race to the finish/board the platforms back
-Be able to quit back to the main menu/character select screen during stage loading after you selected a stage like melee.
-Be able to turn on/off characters you get from selecting random like you can with stages
-Be able to save what rules you had on your wii u/3ds previously so that when I turn off my wii u and turn it back on my rules from the previous time are back
-Infinite Replay, being able to upload replays to youtube or have them be able to transfer or convert to a common video format from your sd card so you can easily view it
-Be able to rewind/fast forward/slow mo etc for replays
-More options for stage builder
-Spectator mode replaced with featured videos from big tournaments or a livestream of sorts
-Port priority (for all that is possible) be removed. i.e. Snake grabs someone with a grenade nearby, grenade gives both players knockback and regular damage regardless of port priority
-Bring back all or some tethers can grab walls (like melee)
-Put in some sort of search feature for names where when you go to select your name in brawl you can type in the first character of your name and only leaves those names with said character.
-Being able to set your own personal buffering window (like PM).
-Balance patches only when absolutely needed. I like the idea of smash growing, developing, and evolving rather than whining about it until it gets removed. Things like DDD's infinite on characters or MK's infinite dimensional cape that are going to be very, very, very obvious problems sure take them out. Other things people just need to learn to work around them.
-If at all possible, being able to customize music.
-Brawl airdodge system over melee airdodge system, but incorporating both could be good based on the mechanics of the game (neutral airdodge keeps you out of free fall, ONLY directional air dodges leave you in free fall).
-Bring back Pokefloats/Rainbow Cruise and make new moving stages like those <3
-Tom Nook

RedGamer

Smash Ace
I don't want to start a flame war here, but I'm noticing that some people are trying to improve upon brawl and some people are trying to improve upon melee.
Why not just have an engine that will accomodate both melee and brawl playstyles and have the option to disable/enable melee's advanced techniques.

With them on, play like you do in melee.
With them off, play like you do in brawl.
inb4programmingnightmare: nintendo has at least a year and a half to make this happen.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
I don't want to start a flame war here, but I'm noticing that some people are trying to improve upon brawl and some people are trying to improve upon melee.
Why not just have an engine that will accomodate both melee and brawl playstyles and have the option to disable/enable melee's advanced techniques.

With them on, play like you do in melee.
With them off, play like you do in brawl.
inb4programmingnightmare: nintendo has at least a year and a half to make this happen.
Melee's advanced techniques are an result of players exploiting melee's game engine. So simply turning them on/ off does not work. The same goes for brawl. Whether or not this system will please anybody... that is up to the community to decide.

JV5Chris

Smash Journeyman
Why not just have an engine that will accommodate both melee and brawl playstyles and have the option to disable/enable melee's advanced techniques.
Just to let you know, from a development perspective, this would be an insanely complex and massive task to undertake. It would be like developing two cocurrent tittles with the added challenge of having assets/moves/balance/strategies fit within two very different frameworks. Unfortunately it's just not as simple as a hypothetical "Melee Mode" technique toggle, especially if the goal is to do it right.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Someone out there I know is going to invent a way to plug your gamecube controller into your wii remote and just map the buttons like the classic controller... whoever does can make a PayPal/eBay FORTUNE
good news, it EXISTS.

Also, is this thread just people complaining about if the game was like brawl and not 100% like melee? I mean, if brawl had no tripping, it would be almost as competitive as melee! melee didn't have chance-based failures, so if the next one didn't have tripping, it should automatically be "just as good as melee". you guys need to lighten up.

but I do agree with online being better.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Just to let you know, from a development perspective, this would be an insanely complex and massive task to undertake. It would be like developing two cocurrent tittles with the added challenge of having assets/moves/balance/strategies fit within two very different frameworks. Unfortunately it's just not as simple as a hypothetical "Melee Mode" technique toggle, especially if the goal is to do it right.
Yeah, Nintendo isn't going to concurrently release two different smash games, that would be silly. Kappa

But seriously, aside from a melee mode being obviously a lot of work they're not going to do, especially considering the resources to make it then put it on a disc, brawl was already too big for wiis lol. However, I make this argument against Sakurai's design opinion everytime because I feel it's so damn good, no one had a problem with melee until brawl came out. It wasn't too complicated, all the casual players loved it and thought they were the greatest players in the world. It wasn't too hard for anyone other than new competitive players because all the advanced stuff was hidden from them. If they made it so wavedash was an actual input(still the same presses, just less airdodging if you fail) instead of something you have to do in a specific fashion because it's not an actual mechanic, we could see some growth to this community and a game that has more longevity.

Realistically, I expect this game to replace brawl by fixing the minor stuff that makes a big difference in competitive play while melee players stay where they are because even PM isn't good enough to sway most of them :p. If they wanted to actually make Smash 4 perfect then they have to support us, listen to and acknowledge us. I mean you'd think PM would be the perfect game after everything I've said lol but really, there's nowhere to go but up unless they're actively trying to kill this community. I mean, online and graphics will surely receive an upgrade and even if everything was brawl 2.0 there'd be new characters and balancing. And melee will be melee, as long as there's CRTs it'll stick around.

And above me has no clue. Unless random tripping is the reason melee players didn't move on, I must have missed that memo.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Yeah, Nintendo isn't going to concurrently release two different smash games, that would be silly. Kappa

But seriously, aside from a melee mode being obviously a lot of work they're not going to do, especially considering the resources to make it then put it on a disc, brawl was already too big for wiis lol. However, I make this argument against Sakurai's design opinion everytime because I feel it's so damn good, no one had a problem with melee until brawl came out. It wasn't too complicated, all the casual players loved it and thought they were the greatest players in the world. It wasn't too hard for anyone other than new competitive players because all the advanced stuff was hidden from them. If they made it so wavedash was an actual input(still the same presses, just less airdodging if you fail) instead of something you have to do in a specific fashion because it's not an actual mechanic, we could see some growth to this community and a game that has more longevity.

Realistically, I expect this game to replace brawl by fixing the minor stuff that makes a big difference in competitive play while melee players stay where they are because even PM isn't good enough to sway most of them :p. If they wanted to actually make Smash 4 perfect then they have to support us, listen to and acknowledge us. I mean you'd think PM would be the perfect game after everything I've said lol but really, there's nowhere to go but up unless they're actively trying to kill this community. I mean, online and graphics will surely receive an upgrade and even if everything was brawl 2.0 there'd be new characters and balancing. And melee will be melee, as long as there's CRTs it'll stick around.

And above me has no clue. Unless random tripping is the reason melee players didn't move on, I must have missed that memo.
I agree with with everything you said. I know people who say that the random tripping was such a big turnoff and they liked melee enough to just continue playing melee. I think there is a huge nostalgia factor in the melee community(nothing wrong with that), but in some ways unless they literally made a melee 2.0 they just wouldn't be satisfied. Plus from a non competitive perspective both games are amazing.

We can only look forward.

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
Melee's advanced techniques are an result of players exploiting melee's game engine. So simply turning them on/ off does not work. The same goes for brawl. Whether or not this system will please anybody... that is up to the community to decide.
L-canceling was intentional, as was wavedashing (to a lesser extent). L-canceling's original purpose was to allow players to shield more quickly after an air attack. Wavedashing was discovered towards the end of development and left in the game, I believe it can actually be seen in one of the original trailers (iirc a samus wavedashes). Most of the other tech's simply take advantage of other aspects the game's dev's were generous enough to include.

Vkrm

Smash Lord
I agree with with everything you said. I know people who say that the random tripping was such a big turnoff and they liked melee enough to just continue playing melee. I think there is a huge nostalgia factor in the melee community(nothing wrong with that), but in some ways unless they literally made a melee 2.0 they just wouldn't be satisfied. Plus from a non competitive perspective both games are amazing.

We can only look forward.

Nostalgia is it? Why aren't we playing 64 then? Nah man, barlw is just ass.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
L-canceling was intentional, as was wavedashing (to a lesser extent). L-canceling's original purpose was to allow players to shield more quickly after an air attack. Wavedashing was discovered towards the end of development and left in the game, I believe it can actually be seen in one of the original trailers (iirc a samus wavedashes). Most of the other tech's simply take advantage of other aspects the game's dev's were generous enough to include.
I'm not hear to argue, I believe that L-canceling was intentional. That doesn't changed the fact that melee players exploited L-canceling and wavedashing. Your point is really irrelevant/ a repeat of what I said. Also if you take a look at the trailers again you will also notice that the hitstun was much more like 64(just a fun fact). :)

FourStar

Smash Ace
I'm not hear to argue, I believe that L-canceling was intentional. That doesn't changed the fact that melee players exploited L-canceling and wavedashing. Your point is really irrelevant/ a repeat of what I said. Also if you take a look at the trailers again you will also notice that the hitstun was much more like 64(just a fun fact). :)
i have a feeling smash 4 is going to be super weird with the fact that sakurai really hates the competitive side of it. that's why there are so many changes in brawl.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
More hitstun than Brawl, less than Melee.
Much less floatyness than Brawl (keep floatyness just a slight bit more than Melee).
Faster paced gameplay than Brawl, slightly slower than Melee
A way to move while being able to execute attacks (Something to replace wavedashing, but not wavedashing per se)
L cancelling not returning
Crouch Cancelling returning
Less Chain Grabs
More character specific techs
No tripping
Better movement options than brawl in general (Better dash dances, etc.)
Non-lagging Online
A way to search for online matches with your desired settings
Better friend list/invite to game
A way to create tournaments for online play for random people to join and the ability to invite friends
Online ranking system
Ladder Positions that get reset every once in a while
Patches to balance stuff

xzx

Smash Lord
Also, please test the hotboxes!! We don't want broken hitboxes like Snake's up-tilt!

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Nostalgia is it? Why aren't we playing 64 then? Nah man, barlw is just ***.
Melee was the game that got in the most players out of the two, therefore it'll obviously hold a lot of nostalgic value to many people. Even some 64 people will probably feel nostalgic about Melee because of how grand it was for its time.

I feel the same about Melee as I feel about Pokémon Red, outdated and pretty bad, but good for some nostalgic value. Unlike with Pokémon Red though I can see that there's a reasonable reason for people to prefer Melee, where as Pokémon Red was nothing but a broken mess in reality.

I'm not saying all Melee players are nostalgia stricken at all, however, it's pretty easy to spot the nostalgics, and there's absolutely no denying that some people are nostalgic about Melee, even I am, but I still personally prefer Brawl.

Again, gotta repeat it to avoid a ****storm, I fully understand why some people prefer Melee.

RedGamer

Smash Ace
Melee's advanced techniques are a result of players exploiting melee's game engine. So simply turning them on/off does not work. The same goes for brawl. Whether or not this system will please anybody... that is up to the community to decide.
Other intentional techniques include but are not limited to:
Jump canceling shield. which we later noticed that anything you can jump out of, you can wavedash and up smash out of.
Jump canceling shine. same as above.
Jump canceling dash. it would be nice to knock your opponent away and then chase them, no?
Shield Droping.
Dash Dancing. I don't think they knew how useful this would be when coupled with wavedashing.
Pivoting. Yes, it was intentional.

In fact, every single advanced technique was known about upon inclusion...except maybe boost grab.

Shoopdawooper

Smash Apprentice
I agree with a lot of the little technicalities a lot of people post here, but I would also really like new stuff to draw in more players and just make the game feel fresh.

A little feature I really want in is many options for team fights.

This could be tag team, or, my personal favorite, a team you choose before the match that switches characters at death. (So, after a death, you go to the next character you chose in your team) This way you could play with a friend, and test your best 3 characters against his/hers. You could even choose the enire roster (change the team size) and fight them in an order you choose, to decide who is the best player over the entire roster.

Another thing they just have to do right in my opinion is the stage builder. I want more variety in ALL options. maybe they could even make the stage builder first, then make all the stages for the game using that stage builder (similar to little big planet). That way, you as a player are guaranteed all the tools to make your own stages as good as you want them to be.

And online features are just crucial to me. They really need to make online play polished with the abillity to search for games you are interested in, invite players, set up tournaments, create your own rulesets. All those kind of thing that the modern online gamer expects. (and hopefully more.)

If they can manage all this, + a really solid base game with the right feel, then I'm a happy panda.

Oh, and please keep Toon link and add Bowser Jr. :p

Top Bottom