• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you think would make Smash 4 a perfect game

Bead

Smash Ace
I agree with a lot of the little technicalities a lot of people post here, but I would also really like new stuff to draw in more players and just make the game feel fresh.

A little feature I really want in is many options for team fights.

This could be tag team, or, my personal favorite, a team you choose before the match that switches characters at death. (So, after a death, you go to the next character you chose in your team) This way you could play with a friend, and test your best 3 characters against his/hers. You could even choose the enire roster (change the team size) and fight them in an order you choose, to decide who is the best player over the entire roster.

I was going to suggest this, just like in Soul Calibur. Namco are the devs and I'm sure they already thought of this.

My other suggestion is instead of character "clones" like Mario and Doc, have alternate costumes (like Wario) and have them change particle effects to create the illusion of more characters. So Mario's fireball would turn into Doc's pill (though no change to actual gameplay would change, just looks)

Maybe even have the alternate costumes be unlockable.

Edit: Shameless character push

King K. Rool

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
I guess it bears repeating, but I'm with the crowd that says:

-No random tripping
-Make the physics faster than Brawl but slower than Melee
-Online infrastructure improved, for custom matches, matchmaking, etc.
-Character unique ATs (e.g. the faster Sonic travels, the more knockback his attacks have, Mario falls faster with charged FLUDD, etc.)
-Items that don't suck--I feel that Melee had the better item play
-MORE HITSTUN
-Tag team options, more unique/crazy ways to play
-Have said options part of event mode, and make the 3DS version's adventure mode be a more involved event mode, with platforming levels
-Clones as alt costumes with unique va/particle effects (Mario -> Doc, Pit -> Dark Pit, Marth -> Lucinda)
-Palutena and Ridley, with returning Roy and Mewtwo (assuming no cuts)

I think that about covers it for me

Snakeyes

Smash Journeyman
The Melee fan in me wants Nintendo to simply take that game, add more characters, online and call it a day, but since they have to strike a balance that will please both the casuals and us enthusiasts...

General gameplay:

- Take Melee's physics and tone down the speed just a little bit.

- Make the ledge grab range a little bit larger, but nowhere near as big as Brawl's.

- Give players a single airdodge that doesn't put them into a helpless state.

- No random tripping, hitstun canceling, etc... In general, try to stay away from the majority of Brawl's additions.

- Don't add too many new mechanics, if at all. Part of what makes Smash great is its simplicity.

Advanced techniques:

I think that part of the "stigma" towards tournament Smash comes from the fact that you need to learn plenty (from a casual's point of view) of arcane techniques to compete even at the lowest level. There are two simple changes that could make low-level competitive Smash more accessible to everyone without messing up what makes the game great;

- Balance the landing lag of all aerials so that advanced combos are possible without L-canceling.

- Make the wavedash into an official technique.

Stages:

There needs to be a few more stages where hazards are more balanced. A "Stage Switch" menu (like the Item Switch) that allows players to turn up or tone down the craziness of certain stages could be an option as well.

Online:

Aside from no-brainers like great netcode and lobbies, the game should make use of Miiverse custom communities. That way, those who see Smash as a party game can spend all of their online time with like-minded players, while those looking for something more serious can join a separate community where tournament settings and rules are enabled by default.

Miscellaneous:

This may be a stretch, but it would be really awesome if Nintendo released a slightly updated version of the Gamecube controller to coincide with Smash 4's launch and the inevitable arrival of Gamecube games on the Virtual Console.

It's truly one of the best controllers ever made.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Tell me everything you guys think would make smash 4 the best game possible

examples include better online, more hitstun, no tripping, possibly wavedashing, etc.
Infinite balanced characters, lagless online, perfect balance, a totally diverse lineup of characters, infinite items, infinite stages, and infinite game modes.[collapse="But to be more realistic, and to make a freaking long as heck list that shows how smash obsessed I am..."]
-I want this game to have great, innovative gameplay, above everything else.
-The ending of random tripping. Tripping as result of moves (such as Diddy Kong's bananas) should remain a smash bros mechanic, however (similar to how it works in Project M).
-I'd like the edge game to go back to how it was with Melee (edge hogging working, not all recoveries not being all broken aside from a few bottom tier characters, spikes actually existing) but with more DI (I love Smash 64's DI so much)
-Continuing on this point, I want more sexy kills. Spikes, KO's as a result of high hitstun at high percentages, etc that were all in Smash 64 and Melee, as well as awesome roof tech kills and the wall tech kills that were in Brawl.
-Make footstool hopping spike and kill at around 150% to 200%, depending on the enemies weight.
-I would also like dash dancing or some sort of substitute for it, as I felt it made the game more "mobile" and "action-packed," as well as put more offense and offensive variety in the game.
-On top of that, I would like something that is comparable to either Z-cancelling in Smash 64 or L-cancelling Melee that reduces air-to-land move after-lag, thus setting up some cool combos. It doesn't have to cancel 50% or 90% of the lag, but just a reasonable amount, like say 30%. Also, it should 100% be automatic.
-More character balance (Specifically for the MOTHER kids and heavies that don't have speed or good recovery) to the point where characters like Bowser can actually stand a chance at any level of play,
-More characters. All the Brawl characters returning plus Mewtwo (with both his original and new X & Y appearance), Ridley, K. Rool, Mega Man, and Pac-Man (the latter two if Nintendo can get the rights to them), and any number of top candidates (Paper Mario, Dixie Kong, *insert new Pokémon here*, Samurai Goroh, ROY, Crom, Takamaru, Shulk, Isaac, Miis, ) that equals a great roster about 47-53 characters big.
-Improvements for past characters' moves. I want to see Link's Gale Boomerang not be worthless, Mario's FLUDD actually have an effect, and Ness' PK Flash not be worthless aside from a few FFA's.
-More alternate costumes, other character inspired costumes (ie: Peach in a Daisy or Rosalina-colored dress, Mario in a Wario colored outfit), and a color palette for us to make personal editions of characters primary and secondary colors.
-Allow us to save these color palettes and save as many as we want (so long as we have the memory space).
-All previously playable stadium modes (boss run, break the targets, board the platforms, multi-man *insert game name here*, Home Run contest), etc, with up to 4 players each, and generic levels for both break the targets and board the platforms, as well as character specific levels (to where once you beat all the character specific levels, you can do them with any character).
-A more fleshed out Training Mode where you can actually learn various techniques and skills as taught by the game.
-Have it to where the Training Mode "helps" players who want to become good competitive players can now do so if they so please by using it to learn stuff.
-Online play that is actually modern, and doesn't lag or go at half a frame per hour.
-The ability for fans to host fan-hosted (private?) servers (maybe=???).
-All stadium modes, story mode, and whatnot to be playable to up to 4 players.
-Online play that allows us to do any game mode we do offline online, including training mode, any sort of special multiplayer modes (ie: Giant Melee/Brawl), all stadium modes, and adventure mode with up to 4 players.
-A Stage Builder that allows us to import and/or create things like backgrounds and set pieces, as well as allow us to use all the set pieces on other stages to make stages, allow us to create stages of customizable sizes (not just 3 generic sizes; ie: low roof, short right, and walk off stages), and one that we can more easily share with friends.
-A stage builder that also allows you to edit all the stadium modes (boss run, break the targets, board the platforms, the successor to Multi-Man Melee/Brawl).
-Random online matchmaking to allow for all the modes I mentioned previously. Also, having stock mode be the default.
-Incredible next gen graphics for Smash Wii U.
-Incredible next gen processing for Smash Wii U that allows us to have more items, NPC's, background things, and action happening.
-Graphics and processing in Smash 3DS that is comparable to Melee and/or Brawl.
-No exclusive stages, items, and especially characters (sans one game coming out later and then the other game getting it).
-DLC or something to where we can re-add all the past stages (please?). This includes all version of Battlefield and Final Destination, as well as The Smash 64 Training Stage and ESPECIALLY THE METAL MARIO/METAL CAVERN STAGE!!!
-New awesome and varied stages.
-The option to turn stage hazards and transformations off, possibly individually.
-The ability to change item appearances individually (ie: turning Hammers on Very High, but Bumpers on Very Low... at the same time).
-Continuing on this point, allow us to limit the items that can be on the stage at a time (ie: 3 items maximum or 30 maximum at a stage at once).
-Multiple character entrances.
-More character specifically aimed dialogue (like what happened with the Space Animals).
-Each character has their own victory theme (including transformations like Sheik/Zelda and Samus/ZSS; maybe exclude the Pokémon Trainers from this).
-A new Melee-esk "Adventure Mode" where you have to explore and go through areas from many Nintendo franchises (including possibly ones without playable characters), as well as any 3rd party franchises with playable characters. Basically, it would work like a Super Mario Bros/DKC platformer game, but with smash fighting mechanics, a few boss and minor enemies, and whatnot.
-A new REAL Story Mode/Adventure Mode, where the characters actually talk, do stuff, and there is an easy to follow plot.
-The plot of the REAL STORY MODE is about all the characters and follows each of them (picking up at different times), and the setting is all of their worlds (and how they are all somehow connected through whatever evil thing connects them and tries to take them all over). Basically, you can be Mario in Hyrule, Donkey Kong in Dreamland, or Fox in *insert Pokémon region/location here*).
-Maybe make it replayable to where you can get stuff from revisiting places, take multiple paths in levels, and backtrack, and more importantly, TO WHERE YOU WANT TO DO ALL THAT!!!
-Keep the story mode cut scenes to where you can re-watch it, and even have a cinema mode like some games have now.
-Maybe make it to where the Stickers or whatever you acquire to "power up" your characters can be used outside of the Story Mode.
-Allow us to reuse stickers, instead of them disappearing after we used them.
-Two different Final Smashes: One that's a super attack (ie: Mario's super final, Link and Toon Link's Triforce Slash, Samus' Super Charge Beam Blast, Ike's Great Aether) and one that's a super transformation (Bowser becoming Giga Bowser, Diddy Kong's Jetpack Super Mode, Fox, Falco, and Wolf's Landmaster, Sonic becoming Super Sonic).
-Allow multiple Final Smashes to be used at once.
-Separate these two with different "Smash Ball" like items.
-Possibly include a "bar mode" where you can use either a Final Smash Super Attack or Super Transformation, like in traditional fighting games, as an option.
-Allow Super Attack Final Smashes and Super Transformation Final Smashes to hurt and even kill each other.
-A special Melee/Brawl successor Mode to where each character is always in their super transformation mode, and they do battle. Just imagine... a Landmaster vs. Giga Bowser vs. Super Sonic vs. Super Gyro ROB. ;)
-No cloned Final Smashes (ie: just give either Fox or Falco a Landmaster, and Wolf a Wolfen that uses different kind of lasers and works differently).
-Patches to fix inevitable glitches (ie: the black hole on Hyrule Temple; wavedashing is not a glitch people, it's a result of a momentum caused by direction changing in an air dodge), super imbalances (see: Snake's f-Tilt range, planking, etc), and anything like that.
-If there are balancing patches, make them to where we can turn them on and off, like you can in BlazBlue!!!
-A game speed that is faster than Brawl but slower than Melee.
-If possible for at least Smash Wii U, consider adding up to 6 player offline and online multiplayer. Seriously, 1 vs. 2 vs. 3, 3 vs. 3, 2 vs. 2 vs. 2, 1 vs. 4, 1 vs. 5, 2 vs. 3... there's so much potential. As a competitive player, I would love to see 3 vs. 3 smash bros matches.
-Re-add bonus mode for no apparent reason other than to add a new mode.
-Make coin mode not totally suck (that's the hardest thing I've listed so far!). :laugh:
-Make a "Battle of the Hill" mode where we can possibly "choose" or "modify" what is the "Hill."
-Make a "Juggernaut"-esk mode.[/SIZE]
-Make a "Capture the Flag"-esk mode (although it will only really be good on certain stages).
-Give Stamina Mode a stock and time limit option (where you can use either, both, or neither).
-Maybe an online ladder mode, possibly for various modes, along with possibly a leaderboards of some (similar?) sort as well.
-Make it to where we can easily add SONGS, VOICE OVERS, AND SOUND EFFECTS, whether main menu music, stage songs, the various mode songs, or any sort of voices or sound to stuff, and add them with up to however much memory we have.
-Possibly leave something in the programming to where we the modding community can add an unlimited number of characters. That way, we can continue to add to the roster.
-Allow mic chat on/off options for online play, and integrate friend's mode and match hoping in (ie: Joining a friends match with a fair amount of health and stocks).
-Allow replays of any time length for any game mode.
-Put a basic video editor in the game so we can edit our replays of just about anything with basic but cool special effects, camera angles, pauses, notes, etc.
-Allow us to upload replays to sites like youtube or a specialized site instantly.
-Allow us to share these with friends easily, or upload them on the Smash online thing where people can find and watch videos. Do this with stages for any mode and textures and color palettes made in game, too (much like how that "Pick Mii" channel worked).
-Allow us to share stages (for any mode), replays texture mods, or music options (made in game) online, going off what I just said.
-Allow the return of taunt cancelling.
-Give each character four taunts (make sideways control pad different taunts), and actually give Snake more than one taunt.
-A more fleshed out tournament mode with more options for several rounds that can be shared throughout the internet. Have things like double, triple, or even quadruple elimination, pools, etc, best of whatever (1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, sets, etc) to where tournaments could actually use it, and allow us to possibly do this in any order. This could help TO's for when there's say a pool of 4 people so they have a recorded screen of the results for each pool, and it verifies honesty.
-I don't care about wavedashing, but wavelanding as a result of landing (much like the sliding backwards mechanic, except both ways not) or some sort of similar landing mechanic that causes similar sliding should be in the game.
-If we get DLC, make it worth our time if we have to pay for it. However, I'd pay just about any amount for any DLC! :laugh:
-More diversity with stage sizes. Melee had way too many small stages, Smash 64 had too many big stages, but Brawl had it about right, although I'd still like to see more multi-leveled stages (as in like Battlefield with 3 levels) that don't suck.
-Support all the USB GameCube controller things.
-Have a gameplay system to where good offense beats good defense almost all the time, and good offense beats slightly better defense some of the time.
-No more planking.
-More hit/launch angles (like double what Brawl had, which I think was 16, so that would mean 32) for at least Smash Wii U.
-NO MORE INFINITES OR SUPER BROKEN CRAP!!!
-Name entries up to at least 10 letters long.
-Universal shield start up/ending and grab release frames/time. We don't want a Ness/Lucas situation again.
-A possibility for bots to be harder, and have different kind of play styles at different levels (like training mode, but with different styles; all out aggressive, long-range offense, short-range offense, defensive, grabbing-based, aerial, etc).
-KEEP FRIEND'S CODES DEAD!!!!
-Possibly (just possibly) give every character a Z-air attack.
-Return the Melee tether grab mechanics to where they can't get super easily edge hogged.
-Allow for player-made mods/patches to at least be easier to be done (again, make it to where like BlazBlue you can choose the mod). Again, this allows people to enjoy multiple versions of the game. This could also allow the competitive community(s) to make the game super duper balanced.
-Make it to where the C-stick in the air (when you use it) does not automatically make you fast fall, unless say you have that option on or you slam it.
-Lastly, a same-date worldwide release so Japan doesn't get the game months before North and South America, and all the PAL regions don't have to wait over half a year again. If Pokémon can do it now with X & Y, then Smash can do it, and I don't give a crap what Final Fantasy (which is trash now btw) does, but that's how it should be, because it's the freaking 21st century and the 2010's already, and if you don't agree, then eff you.
-Super lastly, don't release either game until you feel they are very complete Mr. Masahiro Sakurai and your constituents at Namco Bandai (and HAL?).[/collapse]I know most of these things are hard to do, but if we can at least some of most of this, we'll have a great game... especially the gameplay stuff, which trumps all. The bonus crap would be cool, but hey, we can live without it, and it could just be DLC anyways! :shades:

I'm confident Sakurai and Namco Bandai will do good by all of us with both games, and even if they don't, hey we can mod them! Project 64, Melee, or even Brawl both of those games up to where we got the two best smash bros games anyways! :chuckle:

Ove

Smash Journeyman
Capture the flags sounds interesting. I actually haven't thought about that before

Great post, Johnknight1.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
You realize this would make the knee last like 5 years, right?
Brawl has barley any hitstun outside of most grab-based moves and mechanics.
The best thing to happen to smash 4 is to not make it a party game. All focus should be directed towards the competitive edge the community itself has created for the game. This will make it different from the first three installments in the smash series since it won't be party game at all.
I've played smash as a "party game" with some of the best Melee players in the world, and I say eff you to this. Smash is for everyone, casual or competitive, the best player in the world or the worst player in the world, and it should be made to where everyone is happy, to where there's loads of options, content, characters, modes, and whatnot to where you can play the game your way, and to where you can enjoy it however you like (within fine reason). Smash Bros. is for all of us man. I say that as a competitive Melee/Project M player.
Capture the flags sounds interesting. I actually haven't thought about that before

Great post, Johnknight1.
Wait, so you actually read all that freaking text=???

Holy freaking crap bro. I just copy and pasted most of it from stuff I've saved over the years, and I haven't read it in heck of a long time!!! :laugh:

MrZero

Smash Cadet
-No random tripping
-Slightly faster fall speeds (relative to Brawl's), but not as fast as Melee's
-A Brawl / Melee hybrid air dodge; one that doesn't leave you helpess as in Melee, but leaves you unable to use anymore recovery moves (think how Snake, Sonic, and R.O.B. are after their up B's).
-An improved online community
-At least one playable character original to Smash Bros.
-Return of Board the Platforms and Race to the Finish
-Patching system
-Customizable / Downloadable textures
-Moar female characters
-More than 1 representative per series
-Assymetric gameplay via the GamePad
-Uh...

I may update this later.

I want debug mode thrown into the game for free. Seriously, why do fighting games have to make it very hard to determine the property and nature of moves without basically ripping the game to at the information.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
You think they'll have music and stages from the other 3 Smash Bros games in it? Melee had some 64 music and stages, Brawl had some Melee stages and music, so... see the pattern? Except this time, I'd like to see some stages and music from each of the current Smash Bros games (even a remix of some 64 our previous smash bros songs wouldn't hurt). It would bring much more variety into the game... and of course, memories.

Wegenbarth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3609-1252-6127
Is it possible to do a 6 players mode?
Maybe 5...
Why should that be impossible, then? Look at Melee, you could go 6man Melee in Debugmode (even though you couldn't really controll the 5th and 6th player, but with the Wiimote and WiiU tablet this will be easy).

Snakeyes

Smash Journeyman
8 player battles would be boss, especially if some stages were tailor made for them. Imagine the Wombo Combos possible with 4 teammates.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
And don't forget the music of each of those games, though remixed 64 songs would fit best, sometimes.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
If you could make custom event matches and upload them to a public online place for other people to play and/or download, that would be a great addition.
8 player battles would be boss, especially if some stages were tailor made for them. Imagine the Wombo Combos possible with 4 teammates.
They would have to make the stages significantly larger to fit 8 players, it might be to crowded otherwise, and they would probably around the size of Hyrule Temple. I can think of a number of problems with that.

chkenparm

Smash Cadet
I'm surprised no one mentions keeping stats for your username like they did in Melee. They took that out of brawl and I thought it killed the replayability.

Shoopdawooper

Smash Apprentice
I'm surprised no one mentions keeping stats for your username like they did in Melee. They took that out of brawl and I thought it killed the replayability.

Yeah. They definitely need to bring this back, and even improve on it maybe. To maybe even list special accomplishments per name, or achievement style quirky stuff. Like win a match solely by meteor smash kills, or juggle an opponent 20 times in the air without him touching ground. That sort of stuff.

Here's another thought I recently had. Maybe have customizable personalities for cpu's. Like a revenge killer, an assasin (hunts down the player with the highest damage percentage) an item hogger and more things like that. And if the personalities aren't specified they are randomly chosen for the cpu's. I think this will help keep fights with cpu's fresh and possibly a bit harder, since if you play the game long enough, you start to see patterns that all the cpu's are using. With this change you could play 2 different matches and the cpu's would act completely different in those matches.

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
I want achievement like the tf2 one, very crazy ones, like "do this after doing that" and it will be even better if the make reference to acutal games or memes
"My body is ready: start a new adventure in the story mode"

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Guys, all we've done is make P:M with HD, better character design and variety, better aesthetic design on the characters(Mario looks incredible again) and an incredible opening theme........................continue.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
- do whatever you want with the actual roster selection, i don't care
- melee's air dodging system.
- no dash dancing. infinite non-committal positioning is either too good and the game revolves around it or is mediocre and irrelevant.
- no l-canceling. landing lag of moves reduced to compensate.
- hitstun actually functions as hitstun, rather than an animation the victim is free to cancel at any time after 26 frames.
- average falling speed of characters closely resembles melee. extremes moved closer to the average (Fox/Falco/Falcon, Jigglypuff/Zelda)
- buffer system either removed or severely decreased (~2 or 3 frames is fine, 10 is not).
- items that don't scream "i'm here, i'm here! pay attention to me!" and overall work to disrupt gameplay rather than compliment it. competitive play with items is something that has great potential especially with the item-specific ATS brawl added, but none of the games of the series so far have provided items that offer enough depth to warrant their random nature.
- more attention paid to making mechanics function properly. stage collision detection, nontumble DI, the teching window, etc. there's an incredibly long laundry list that contribute to brawl's engine being an embarrassment.
- thoughtful consideration of game mechanics, frame data, and how these affect the game when players are trying to win by any means necessary.
- characters balanced enough to where more than half of the cast is viable rather than just 7.
- intentionally designed characters with thoughtful considerations of their competitive kit and how they interact with other characters
- no auto-sweetspotting ledges, and generally a ledge game that emulates melee with some deviation to keep things interesting (e.g. less lenient edgehog timing). grabbing the ledge should grant diminishing invincibility per regrab without landing onstage to prevent uninteractive stalling techniques from even being possible.
- an online mode without latency and a matchmaking system that allows you to find similarly skilled opponents using a similar ruleset to you.
- ~10-12 good, unique stages viable for competitive play instead of the 3 provided in brawl and the 5 provided in melee. the rest of the stage roster can be as absurd as possible for all i care. in fact, this is preferred to prevent large discrepancies between different rulesets used by various TOs.

i don't really see the point in mentioning things like no tripping, those are pretty obvious.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
After seeing gameplay and the trailer I think I should sort of reiterate my lst.

More hitstun than Brawl - Have hitstun actually matter instead of meaning nothing
Higher Gravity than Brawl - Make it around Melee speed so that the game moves faster
L-Cancelling not returning - no need for this tech, just make landing lag less
Keep Brawl Dodge
Crouch Cancelling semi-returning - Give the option to diminish knockback by holding down when hit but don't make it so that you get punished when hit your opponent
No auto-snap on edges
Keep the grab the edge while facing backwards - This isn't a big deal as long as there is no auto-snap
No tripping
Dash dancing returning
More movement options (things like wavedash to allow different forms of movement with different properties, just not exactly wavedash)
More character specific AT's
Powershielding being a medium between Brawl and Melee (not too easy and not too hard) also keep it without the missile reflection
Less ending hitlag than Brawl when successful in hitting (just a way to make it faster overall gameplay)

After that I want all the online features I mentioned earlier (A way to add friends, to search for specific setting matches, create tournaments, a world ladder system and also some timed (monthly?) rankings.

Lucykinz

Smash Rookie
Like everyone mentioned no tripping, faster game play (somewhere in between Melee and Brawl's), better balancing, and improved on-line play. Personally, I would be very happy if they changed Kirby's "Hiiiiiiiii!" taunt back to the way it sounded in Melee. So cute.

This one is most likely inevitable in today's gaming, but the whole thing with DLC is a big debate. It makes the game more exciting when looking for new updates, but at the same time many people do not like the idea of paying for things that should already be included in the game. (characters, stages) Maybe DLC should be kept to a minimal?

And possibly the return of Mewtwo and Roy, hopefully.

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
Really high hit stun and high DI is my personal dream, since it would make it possible for really long combos that rely on reads more so than now. Having combos like that would really set Smash part from the rest, since both characters are very actively involved and combos just as long as other fighters would still be possible while seeming like much more of an achievement.
So yeah, Melee mechanics as a BASE ( since Sm4sh should be it's own thing) with a
1.Hybrid air dodge that allows for wavelanding but not wavedashing(like Kink-Link's awesome, air dash idea that I can't find at the moment)
2.Auto l-canceling
3.Rolls that have been buffed to have many of the same functions wavedashing had, even in competitive play
4. This isn't all my own idea. Shields a third of the current size, that don't shrink, heal much slower, and can be aimed much more easily including during shieldstun. This would make shields be a much more flexible version of the high/medium/low guard system in most fighters. If you add light shielding to that, which does shrink very fast, can't be aimed, and can't powershield, then you have an extremely unique and dynamic shield game.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
I'm just glad it's being made.

My only hope is a little bit more hit-stun. More impact to all attacks.

Mr. Happy :)

Smash Cadet
Here are my points; I only read two pages of the thread so please excuse any repetition.

- A genuine Smash Bros combo system
- Stocks matches + timer be the default play setting
- At least 8 reasonable viable characters, no more than 16.
- Either 5 or 7 competitively viable stages (Odd number for bans)
- Training mode like this"
- Frame Data Accessible
- Input Display
- Make the CPU's more programmable
- Have Settings for the DI
- A stage like SF4's Trainer where there are finite squares on the ground
- That stage should have an all-in-one option to place platforms as desired
- Absolutely no DLC's. Ever.
- Actual online mode.
- A wired Pro controller.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
I like brawl's ledge game, especially the large ledge snap area. With out the ledge snap, I think there would be a much higher chance of losing a stock every time your offstage. I think brawl's ledge problems can be solved by taking away all ledge grab invincibility frames after 2 ledge grabs. I also like brawl's ledge guarding game. When you're on the ledge in brawl, you are in a disadvantage, but your not in such a big disadvantage that you will lose your stock. If you pick a/the right option, you can get off the ledge and even take stage control if you hit your opponent in the process.

Lyric

Smash Rookie
The ledge snap was bad. Getting knocked offstage in 64/melee was scary. It meant something. In brawl it was almost guaranteed that you were going to make it back, unless you had like 200%.

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
melee pace, more bonus stages, random matches in classic and all star mode, separate story mode and classic adventure mode consisting of traveling nintendo's worlds and fighting, and an ideal roster of 46-51

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Going to clarify because I'm seeing this a lot, Brawl and Melee have the exact same histun values and formulas but Brawl's seems lower because you have less mobility options and it's cancelable by an air dodge after ~12-15 (can't remember off the top of my head) frames.

V-K

Smash Ace
- More hitstun
- L Canceling
- Faster than Brawl
- Competitive online modes

Top Bottom