• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you think the best Pichu stage is?

MTKO

Smash Journeyman
I'm wondering what everyone thinks the best Pichu stage is. Also, what stages do you personally play your Pichu the best on?

I personally play the best on Yoshi's Story (even though it's a double edged sword for pichu because of the small blastline area) and Battlefield. I find it easier to gain advantageous positions with Pichu because everything is much closer together than on larger stages. I can also close in the gap between me and my opponent on these stages more quickly.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
FoD or battlefield. They are small enough to control easily and the platforms are close enough to work in pichu's favor.

Dart!

Smash Master
BF, DL, DK64, FD and brinstar vs spacies...uh. what do you guys ban? i would probably ban yoshis...

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
I usually ban yoshi's story. Sometimes pkmn stadium (depending on the matchup)

DL is good depending on who its against. For the most part I wouldn't pick it unless i'm against somebody with good forward smash because the platforms are too far apart to be useful and the stage is a bit to big to control. FoD and BF are definitely his best, followed by FD and KJ64
(sorry for abreviations, i dont like them, im on ipod :/ )

Dart!

Smash Master
Ness and zelda arent that good on fod, bowser mehhh. No comment on yoshi. Game & suck maybe? Young link likes it imo. Link might. Pikachu destroys there omg....dk sucks everywhere. Kirby too

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Reread this thread. My opinion has changed.

So, currently, what do you guys think is pichu's best stage?

Right now i choose stages like this:

FD against fox, sometimes falco (lasers are just annoying), and whenever i feel like it... I like this stage for Pichu.

Dreamland against like marth or mario type characters and characters who prefer tiny stages and have crap recovery

Fountain of dreams against like... most people... except falco and peach.

Pokemon stadium against puff and sometimes falcon

Yoshi's against puff and like... luigi or something... idk lol, but floaties who don't kill fast.

Battlefield against Fox/Falco... and sometimes other characters (like marth or mario or luigi or something)

Rainbow Cruise vs puff n' stuff

KJ64 vs like.... idk i don't pick this stage anymore... you don't really die and your recovery is beast here, but i just don't really like the stage anymore, its too big/campy

brinstar against... idk i never choose this either.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
i see that your opinion has barely changed :p
care to explain why you like those stages?
I mean, Pokemon stadium vs puff and battlefield vs marth and such make sense, but why battlefield against everyone?

also, what do you think pichu's best stage is and why?

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I like Battlefield vs. everyone just because of the platform layout.

Pichu loses a large part of his movement game on FD, and has trouble applying constant pressure on larger stages, but he gets pressure-***** on smaller stages. BF just feels like a perfect blend of everything :p

I think Kongo Jungle N64 is Pichu's best stage because he has lots of room to run away, lives for quite a long time and it aids Pichu's movement and combo game with it's platform layout.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
I have to say, i dislike large stages, and i love BF, but I think FoD is a better stage for pichu overall. The ledges are better (and make jolt lolz) and I like the combos i can get on the moving platforms. However I think pichu's best stage pressure/combo-wise is FD... You can just tech-chase and chaingrab all day... it does limit you're movement, but I feel as though your grab game is much improved (i guess i'm kind of a grabby pichu :3, not like unknown though :\). Idk, I usually cp FD against spacies (yes, falco too) and I guess... Boozer (lolz). As for running and such... I don't really think you need to run if you're able to apply pressure... idk, I never really run anyways. You don't need to run if you're pressuring correctly, and for living longer, i guess you've got dreamland, but i don't like to pick that stage vs falco... and like... fox... because its not fun to play them there... Sheik is also stupid. always. But i don't actually hate that matchup... I just think sheik is dumb. Marth on the other hand... has to be one of the least enjoyable things about this game. **** that sword.

also lol, I guess roy's reverse blazer doesn't kill pichu until like 100%+ (on YS) so I'm not as scared of him anymorez :3
but fsmash is still kind dumb... just less so.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Stage choice is really more up to player preference than character in Melee, I find.

I like Dreamland and Yoshi's Story the best because they are happy stages. Not even ****ting with you, I play better with brighter colours in the background and less epic music.

I don't like FD because of the lack of platforms because I play very vertically (kind-of like Mango if you watch his spacies), so I just naturally play well on platforms.

I don't like FD because of the platforms being too low + the small stage restricting my ground movement.

I don't mind Battlefield and Pokemon Stadium in most cases, eh.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
well yea, i know that it is mostly up to the player, but I don't think that means that we can't decide on pichu's overall best stage.

I feel like it is FoD, its small, sure, but pichu controls small stages well (imo)
I think FD is a good stage because there are no platforms, this allows pichu to just grab all day. and play very horizontal, which is how I like to play a lot of the time. Pichu also lives to decent percents on FD, once when I was at a tourney, I was playing against a luigi at FD (this was hard because I had no luigi experience at this point) so I guess he cp'd FD, where I basically wouldn't die until like 200%-ish (mostly because he was luigi i guess :p ). Anyways, FD is one of my favorite neutrals... well I actually like all the neutrals :S

Pichu Guru

Smash Apprentice
If you're fighting a pro Pichu like me on Battlefield, you're gonna have a bad time.

kingPiano

Smash Ace
Fountain of Dreams by a mile

The best reason is that you can style and go deep then wall jump off the very bottom bottleneck; double agility to get back or ledge hog

The ever changing platforms are like a wet dream for Pichu players. Most other characters and players don't like the constant platform height changes (since they aren't as nimble and small). But for Pichu it's up-smash and SH/LH nair city and you never know when they're coming or where from.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
These days I've been going to a lot more FoD again.
And battlefield is always a constant for me.
Depending on the matchup, I enjoy dreamland too.

I've come to realize that FD is entirely a gimmick and Pichu actually sucks there but you can cheese bad FFers, but all three of them kind of destroy Pichu in the neutral on that stage. Having platforms is a really big deal for Pichu.

Top Bottom