• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do YOU say when people tell you Sheik is by far the most easy to play as???

Status
Not open for further replies.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
So we all know that Sheik is by FAR the most easy to use(Pretty much at any level) but i think you guys hear this alot. So my Question is: What do you say when people say Sheik is the most easy!!!111!!!

REDRAGON

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
My friend plays Sheik, and says that every character takes skill to play as.

Is your friend a scrub/noob?
Its like saying: All the charactors are even! :laugh:

I think there are few who will argue that Sheik is the most easy to play well with.

Drephen

Smash Master
in a high level tourney no one cares what character you pick

only noobs care about "cheaping" someone out when picking a character

and what do i say? I say i play luigi and kick there ***

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Oh please! everyone know that sheik is the cheapest character... note that I didn't meant that she sux or is ______ so don't flame I'm just giving my opinion ^^

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
in a high level tourney no one cares what character you pick

only noobs care about "cheaping" someone out when picking a character

and what do i say? I say i play luigi and kick there ***
Yeah i have heard your Luigi is very good.

I was at the Nexus III for a few hours(Had to leave pretty darn early) but i heard like 4 guys saying that anybody could use Sheik and that there is little praise or glory winning with a Sheik....
I am not saying Drephen has no skill. I am just saying that people do care and some have little respect for Sheik players......

$ick

Smash Lord
The simple **** with Sheik is easy, but her dash dance is more complicated and her short hop has to be done faster than Fox. And besides, the newb sheiks are the easiest people I ever have to face. I was supposed to play you at Nexus Redragon in low tier, but you weren't there.. Who's your low tier? My y.link did pretty well heh.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
The simple **** with Sheik is easy, but her dash dance is more complicated and her short hop has to be done faster than Fox. And besides, the newb sheiks are the easiest people I ever have to face. I was supposed to play you at Nexus Redragon in low tier, but you weren't there.. Who's your low tier? My y.link did pretty well heh.
I never signed up for low tier but when i went to play as Samus this kid was like its frkin low tier....
So then i played as Roy who i NEVER play as. And i must say i did well.......

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
i agree with them. she is pretty easy to pick up. but when they try to disrespect me by mocking my skill because i play sheik. i hate that, that's ********. you have to play really hard to do well against a really advanced space animal. just because your sheik doesnt mean you get a freebie every game. that's why sheiks don't generally win tournaments. even if your sheik you still have to play very well, it just my takr a little less time to get to a certain point. but once you and someone else gets to that certain point of advanced play, it becomes a race to see who has more skill...peace

-hiroshi

yomedrath

Smash Apprentice
as a reply you have a few options

1. Take Marth and spam F-smash
2. Take Peach and Spam D-Smash
3. Take Faloc and spam lasers
4. Take Fox and.. w/e .. chainthrow if he´s a space animal / spam U-Smash if he´s floatie ... w/e

all top tiers are lame, thats why they are there XD

Banned via Administration
peach > shiek on easy list

but in terms of winning its ridiculously easy to win with sa's at top level. shiek against fox/falco is ****.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
i agree with them. she is pretty easy to pick up. but when they try to disrespect me by mocking my skill because i play sheik. i hate that, that's ********. you have to play really hard to do well against a really advanced space animal. just because your sheik doesnt mean you get a freebie every game. that's why sheiks don't generally win tournaments. even if your sheik you still have to play very well, it just my takr a little less time to get to a certain point. but once you and someone else gets to that certain point of advanced play, it becomes a race to see who has more skill...peace

-hiroshi
Quoted for freakin' truth, Hiroshi. I couldn't agree with you more.

As for what I say to people who make that sort of comment, defer to Hiroshi's initial comment: "I agree with them." That holds true for me, as well. It is true; Sheik is easy to pick up and play. However, winning all of the time is another matter. I'm sorry, but I've had my Sheik trounced by a Roy that really, really smacked of the player Neo. I've also gotten my *** handed over to me by a couple of Marios. Marths? Oh, you betcha. I got whupped (aside from the Roy I played at that tourney, this was probably one of the worst ***-kickings I've ever been on the other side of). Space Animals? I can't really say anything there because I haven't faced a really good Fox or Falco yet (quite frankly, the prospect of facing players that are similar to Lunin or Shiz scares the bejeezus outta me).

No, I'm not pro. I haven't been to MLG...yet. However, the people I have played have attended such functions. And I can tell that skill is absolutely key to winning this crap.

gunnac

Smash Rookie
Id say 2 things:
1) Ill money match ditto sheik since shes so easy for you ( if they were complaining b/c u won)
2) Yeah she is cheap but i won didnt i- it doesnt matter what character you choose, skill outweighs tiers anyway (that might be 3 actually)

Anyway you could just ignore them if theyre stupid enough to say that.

~Tac~

One day at a time.
NNID
Kamidachi
Switch FC
SW-6745-2861-2990
Tell them to choose Fox and laser spam until the comupter kills itself. If thats not easy enough, give them a copy of the TV Guide and tell them to retire.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I've never really had that kind of trouble before. I've caught much more flak for playing Peach.

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
I've never really had that kind of trouble before. I've caught much more flak for playing Peach.
alot of people cry about peach...
but IMO if i had to choose a character to use against high tier characters between peach or shiek, best beleive i would be choosing shiek...yea, shes easy to use, and has better match ups overall IMO.

BSeeD

Smash Journeyman
in fact
1) i just say: i agree with you
2) then i say let's make a ditto and i pwn him
3) then i take my ICs and i pwn him ^^

~Tac~

One day at a time.
NNID
Kamidachi
Switch FC
SW-6745-2861-2990
Besides, I think that the easiest are Fox & Marth.
Wait, what? I think you put Fox there by accident. He's used to be my main, now he's my 3rd alt and I can definitly say he's not anywhere near easy to use. Use "well" that is.

Randizzle

Smash Ace
"easiest" all depends on what level of play you're talking about. A very high levels of play Fox is definitely easy since he gets away with having to think less than marths or sheiks or other characters. At low levels of play, fox is pretty hard since it takes a lot more control and technical skill to handle his speed.

Mars-

Smash Champion
If I played sheik, then I would just agree with that. Anyone who disagrees that sheik is easy to play is just in denial.

Boolossus

Smash Ace
Wait, what? I think you put Fox there by accident. He's used to be my main, now he's my 3rd alt and I can definitly say he's not anywhere near easy to use. Use "well" that is.
Nope. On all levels of play, it is my opinion that Fox is very easy to play as. His Wavedash is long & easy to perform, his UA aerial attack can juggle pretty easily, and it racks up alot of damage very quickly. His short hop is ALOT easier to perform than Sheik's, and is alot shorter as well. His recovery is generous, although predictable. His grab combos are really good, and let's not forget that reflector. Although it can be challenging to shinespike and waveshine, the reflector alone is devastating enough. And once you do learn how to shinespike & waveshine, you're gonna be a monster!

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
So we all know that Sheik is by FAR the most easy to use(Pretty much at any level) but i think you guys hear this alot. So my Question is: What do you say when people say Sheik is the most easy!!!111!!!

REDRAGON
I don't even bother responding, because usually the kind of people that say these things aren't worth talking to.

Kenpachi

Smash Apprentice
sheik's got her share of unique moves to master (if they bring up SHL, waveshining, any character's unique advance moveset). Shino Stalling? The double edge explosion? that allong with the fact that her short hop is difficult, and not that short.

also, if you consider the fact that other characters have harder moves to learn (meaning, a wider moveset to work with once they are mastered) means that sheik players must make up for it with really good mindgames.

~Kenpachi

Trig417

Smash Rookie
i've been playing for 2 months or so, and in my observations it seems to be that Marth would hold the noob of the century title for me.

Shiek seems fast and deadly, but nothing easy about her.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
i've been playing for 2 months or so, and in my observations it seems to be that Marth would hold the noob of the century title for me.

Shiek seems fast and deadly, but nothing easy about her.
Yeah alot of new player think this.
Marth takes alot of mindgames, LOTS of chaingrabing, harder combos, and WAY more spacing.
The more advanced you go, the more easy Fox gets, and the harder Marth gets.
Trust me....

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
More advanced in which way? Tech skill? Because that goes without saying, the space animals have enough technical potential to be played almost solely on that until the very high levels of play.

Sheik is easy enough to pick up, but her trouble starts at the higher levels of play. Same with Peach. Marth is the guy that starts off requiring you to think about everything you do, which is why he seems a difficult character all the way through.

As for chaingrabbing, the concept doesn't seem very difficult. The combos practically make themselves happen. The spacing is probably the hardest thing to get down at first. That and the timing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom