• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you say after landing a lightning kick?

COM7

Smash Rookie
I don't actually say anything myself, I just get a chorus of "The kick!!!" due to it being my signature kill move, although one idiot kept saying "The boot!" so I started using the dair instead on him...I feel insulted when people rename my signature kill move, aspecially when I've spent hours perfecting the sweetspot(so instead I just hit the jerk with my other sweetspot move...).
Myself, usually just "...****...", or "good bye...", always very breathy to add insult to injury :D

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
generally my mouth opens slightly and i stop breathing for a few seconds.

then i start breathing again.

that's pretty much what happens. XD

jbozz1217

Smash Apprentice
generally my mouth opens slightly and i stop breathing for a few seconds.

then i start breathing again.

that's pretty much what happens. XD
^That's what she said.

I usually don't say anything out loud, but go f*** yes inside my head. :D

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Eh, get it way too commonly for me to actually say anything about it.

Sure it's harder then melee but with a bit of practice it can be done consistently.

Fun fact: You can sweetspot it against DDD's bair by hitting the foot. Granted you'll both get hit, but it's powerful enough to be useful.

jbozz1217

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, but no matter how many times you land it, it is like "oh yeah, total ownage" ... like landing a fsmash with DDD... or countering with marth/ike/mk/lucario...

Yataku

Smash Cadet
"Boo Ya!" "Zelda Kick!" Just like Falco punch "***** by a B*tch"

Mega-Japan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shonendo
3DS FC
0791-4753-3390
I go like...

"s0 1 h3rD u li3K muDk1pZ!!11!?!1"

And that's about it...

leogeo2

Smash Cadet
Depends, when I'm just practicing against some CPU I get a nice grin on my face. When I'm up against a buddy of mine I usually go with "Uhhnnn!" "Ouch.." or "DEFACED!" Yea, defaced, you got kicked so hard that you don't even have a face anymore.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Yeah, but no matter how many times you land it, it is like "oh yeah, total ownage" ... like landing a fsmash with DDD... or countering with marth/ike/mk/lucario...
Total ownage, yeah, but it's something that's so crucial to my game, saying "woot" or something is acting like it was unplanned, whereas the only time something unplanned happens is when I occasionally sourspot it.

Same with the counters, if I go into counter animation, you're eating a counter.

There's no unexpected ownage, it's just, "I spaced well enough, I predicted what attack you were gonna use and when and now you're eating a lightning kick, again". It's just way too inevitable for a celebration.

Platformations

Smash Cadet
"NINJA KICK TO DA FACE"

But like many this kick happens often for me >_<

So usually I say nothin, but I'll have a devilish grin on my face :p

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
Usually I say something stupid like, "Die!" or like, "PSSSSHAAAAAA!"

I talked to much when I'm brawling regularly to actually say something cool

SMK!+JLB

Smash Rookie
weird enough, i call it a magic kick n everyone else says lightning kick...
oh well. but anyway
i say "sexy magic kick!"
or
announce whereever it landed i.e. "to the body!" or "to the face!"​

stealth3654

Smash Lord
I might say: "FOOLISH MORTAL!!!", but I usually just smile while my friend bangs his fists in frustration and yells in horror as the screen freezes for a second... Although I like the skadoosh :)

PsychoKnight

Smash Cadet
when its landed, I simply take a quick glance at the persons face, and then I just say "Amazing much?"

XFadingNirvanaX

Smash Champion
I get that feeling of happiness. And when I do spikes...woot! I love that feeling. ^.^
I spiked a pretty good Yoshi user twice but he recovered both times. I couldn't believe it.

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
I usually smile sweetly or laugh like a Psychotic Freak. It depends on my mood, and the look on my opponent's face (if playing next to a friend)

On wifi, the lag usually throws me off every time I even make an attempt. But when it actually sweet spots....oooo... it feels soo goooood.;)

Kodachrome

Smash Journeyman
The lightning kick speaks for itself.

However, my personal favorite is hitting them with a bair straight off the ground...while they're on the ground. That usually provokes a "dude, wtf." Then I never have to say a word. Stand-still reverse aerial rush, for the win. Works on everyone except the short suckers. :( or :) , i'm not sure which.

Top Bottom