• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you do when there's a spammer.

SothE700k

Smash Lord
Serious matches: I'll switch to Falco and pull out the reflectors and lasers, that's my usual fix to a spammer.
Fun/Friendly matches: I switch to Pit and piss the spammer off with a barrage of arrows while screaming, "YEAH HOW DOES IT FEEL NOW!?!?!" while watching their faces turns sour XD

IDK

Smash Lord
approaching with SHAD can be very useful. also SHAD rolls.

also jump canceled grabs SHDFs ken combos l cancels wavedashes...ZOMG w8...

akkon888

Smash Journeyman
Ike is awesome at killing spammers. They put away their projectile by the time i'm behind them with my F-Smash ready.

NeoCrono

Smash Ace
Spammers are annoying, the thing that sucks about some spammers is when you get close. They just run away, so what I would suggest is picking a anti-spammer. Like one of the space animals or rob. So if they spam, you can just reflect there projectiles.

Falcord

Smash Apprentice
I bring zelda :D

Zelda eats spammers (reflector and one of the most spammable projectiles ever at the same time, along with defensive melee attacks)

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
i dont deal with spammers. i let em spam till i get a nice percentage. then i evade their spams and i knock em off with whoever i got (except it being sonic, who off course is utter crap)

The Bird

Smash Apprentice
Ike is awesome at killing spammers. They put away their projectile by the time i'm behind them with my F-Smash ready.
It's true, And I love fighting noob kirbyciders, Ike is death to idiots who don't know how to use a kirbycide correctly.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Pikaspam has to be the worst, aerial attacks are useless, ground attacks are useless, you can't go anywhere near him as he'll spam his down smash and knock you flying upwards.

And the worst thing is, the players that Pikaspam are usually really good. Unless you're like a space animal or Pit, you're screwed.

mc4

Smash Journeyman
unfortunately there are good spammers out there and it isn't always easy to beat them. infact imo many pro's are spammers. so you just adjust to the situation, more shields grabs to punish etc... or you can spam back which can work (not all characters are effective spammers) most of the time i find myself just having to play alot more defensively but for the most part from the spammers i've played it's an easy adjustment. It definitely does get old very fast. unfortunately not everyone plays the game to learn more about it and improve their characters, some just want to win the match at hand...

Top Bottom