• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

what do women realy like in guys

Reyairia

Smash Champion
I'm not clicking the picture, I don't see where I implied you were fat or ugly so I don't see what you're trying to prove to me. And for the record, it's not me that has problem with women. I enjoy being single for that matter. I'm way too young (18 fyi) to be looking in a "fulfilling long term" way.
It seems people are saying all over the place that "the hot girls go after the jerks and the ones who don't are ugly/unattractive." Maybe it wasn't you but someone implied it along the way. <.<

I was throwing out examples, preferably ones that I stick to, and actually stick out. That one and alcohol are biggies IMO. I'm very straight-edge. I just come that way. Sorry if I offended you. :(
I would be pretty straight-edge if I didn't need such drugs to take care of ADHD. Srsly I get off them for a while and my grades drop 20 points, wtf. >.>
And yes, pride can ruin a relationship so easily it's ridiculous.

Marie_54

Smash Ace
I would be pretty straight-edge if I didn't need such drugs to take care of ADHD. Srsly I get off them for a while and my grades drop 20 points, wtf. >.>
And yes, pride can ruin a relationship so easily it's ridiculous.

Wow i have ADD and i'm the kind that gets so distracted that i sometimes spend 8 minutes brushing my teeth because i was thinking about some other things.

I dropped the pills(ritalin) when i was like 12 because they made me feel sad and "emotionless."
My grades are still very good, they didn't change at all when i stopped taking them, i usually never pay attention to anything in school unless its a very good and interesting teacher and if not i write whatever is on the board and pay attention if i hear test, project etc. then i just read the book and notes once before a test and take A LOT of breaks to not get too bored and start thinking about other things.

Just trying to help:bee:

MarthIsMyHero

Smash Apprentice
I took ADD stuff when I was 9. Good thing I stopped. I'm the most attentive person I know (not to sound egotistical, but nobody keeps as much attention as I). I'm so attentive, I'll get to the point where if a person talks to me, I'll stare at them the whole time. It bugs the ladies out so much. :)

KingJiggyWiggy

Smash Lord
Do me a favor and let no one know any of your insecurities. If a guy says he understands then he is lying. This is especially true if the guy is older than you! Older men are so perfect at using others.

I swear the pedophile rules in this country need to change. A lot of 30 year old men will do what they call "waiting." You see they "wait" for fresh meat out of high school, impregnate them, then leave them.

MarthIsMyHero

Smash Apprentice
Do me a favor and let no one know any of your insecurities. If a guy says he understands then he is lying. This is especially true if the guy is older than you! Older men are so perfect at using others.

I swear the pedophile rules in this country need to change. A lot of 30 year old men will do what they call "waiting." You see they "wait" for fresh meat out of high school, impregnate them, then leave them.
When I understand a woman, I FEEL I understand. By feel, I usually mean I can understand their emotional distress. It's called empathy sir. That's what understanding to me is.

Pedos? Yeah, I like that idea for a new rule, sound's actually right to me.

Marie_54

Smash Ace
I'm so attentive, I'll get to the point where if a person talks to me, I'll stare at them the whole time. It bugs the ladies out so much. :)
:laugh: I have a friend that does that and its really scary...

Wow that was uncalled for... I know the rules need to change but WTF... This is more off topic than posting this-

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Scenario 2. Girl C and Guy D know each other and seem to get along well. They end up hanging out. Girl C however doesn't develop any romantic interest in Guy D, therefore nothing happens. They become close friends over the years.

I've been on both sides of something like this with two girls who also happened to be best friends and amazingly enough everything turned out well. Maybe I was lucky :p

hornysax

Smash Cadet
Since you're all looking for an answer, to state most simply, women are attracted to prosperity. This can be attributed to the Darwinian philosophy of Natural Selection. This is the principle that life forms with specific traits that help them to thrive in their environment will live to carry on those traits, while those who lack these traits will die off. How does this apply to women's attractions to men?

Well, for men, men seek physical characteristics in women that have been conditioned into them as being attractive, but are actually conducive to bearing children. For exmaple, large breasts are thought to house more milk, so we naturally like large breasts. Wide hips and slender waists are conducive to the act of fornicating and to ease the process of child bearing.

So what do women look for? They look for traits that denote prominence or power, so that they will be under the umbrella of the man's prosperity. The reason why women cannot readily define what they look for in men is because it's relatively subjective which traits are conducive to their prosperity. It's important to note that traits within men are not to be thought of as binary, either on or off, but rather when placed on a gradient, ordinally ranked, you'll find that most all men possess a number of traits that contribute to their prosperity.

Some men possess a lot of autonomy, such as senators or officials. Some women are drawn to this. Other men make a lot of money, so are able to provide monetarily. Some men are just good looking, or fine genetic specimen, so women sub-consciously believe that they are ideal partners for bearing children or strong enough to protect them physically. There are other subtle associations, such as looks and money -- many women draw a positive correlation between these two things.

It doesn't seem this cut, dry, and simple though does it? Well, most women fall under this standard deviation, but it actually varies depending on the independence and capability of the woman. Women who tend to be more capable do not necessarily look for men to help them be more prosperous. Likewise, women who cannot take care of themselves are not typically very picky concerning men who can take care of them.

Women also have daddy issues because of this. They tend to look for characteristics in men that their fathers had, because their fathers are symbolic figures of prosperity to them.

Grand Mango

Smash Journeyman
Excuse me? What? Both me and my friend are looking for long term only. We're quite the sensitive people though. I just turned 18 and shes turning 18 in a few weeks. I don't know where you got that idea, man.
Excuse yourself? Are you telling me that what I think is wrong? That 18 years old is a time when I should look for a long term fulfilling relationship? OF COURSE IT'S WAY TOO YOUNG. If not for you then it definitely is for ME, which in case you didn't realize it was my opinion to begin with. If you don't think so then good for you, go spend 4 of your college years dating one girl.

No matter how you put it I still think 18 years old is way to young to look for someone in the way/mindset that you think you will marry/long term.

If you wanna put morals to your ballgame, by god do it. Women love guys who have the balls to say they don't care about sex, or don't do drugs, or want someone to give their time to, not a junk relationship. If any applies, tell them! Honesty is huge with the ladies, man.
?

I don't have loose morals by any means. I can see where you pulled that out though, so I forgive you.

BTW, I will be the first to break it to you. The world does not work in idealism. Your heart will be broken one time or another. It happens to everyone. If your heart isn't broken then you'll probably break someone else's.

It seems people are saying all over the place that "the hot girls go after the jerks and the ones who don't are ugly/unattractive." Maybe it wasn't you but someone implied it along the way. <.<
No I don't think it was me. Last I checked guys go after girls. Only like 1% of girls go after guys. No comment on whether or not they're sluts but they aren't the type I'd date.

orintemple

Smash Lord

That's what I love about high school girls, I keep getting older, but they stay the same age.

props to those who get it...

Reyairia

Smash Champion
I dropped the pills(ritalin) when i was like 12 because they made me feel sad and "emotionless." ...
Probably, but I take Concerta, not Ritalin or Risperdal. :ohwell: Concerta has a whole less side-effects and it also has something to do with how my attention is dispersed around my surroundings and I can't focus on one thing wholly without it - so I get distracted easily.

Do me a favor and let no one know any of your insecurities. If a guy says he understands then he is lying...
I'm sure there's got to be a few that won't be lying...

Excuse yourself? Are you telling me that what I think is wrong? That 18 years old is a time when I should look for a long term fulfilling relationship? OF COURSE IT'S WAY TOO YOUNG. If not for you then it definitely is for ME, which in case you didn't realize it was my opinion to begin with. If you don't think so then good for you, go spend 4 of your college years dating one girl.
Well, if he's mature enough to handle it, why not?

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer

To address the first point, that's true in the beginning of a relationship, but that **** will end any hopes of long term.

For the second point: Um, it's not pedophilia if the girl is 18(or 17. Whatever it is for your state). It's called preying on the stupid. A girl willing to fall for that would be just as easily used by a guy her own age. Then there are those rare cases where two people with huge age gaps really do care about each other. I would like my country to quit making laws to protect the stupid. At 18, a girl should know enough to be able to carry out on her own.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
I would like my country to quit making laws to protect the stupid. At 18, a girl should know enough to be able to carry out on her own.
Unfortunately, they don't so the laws have to stay. If there's one thing I've learned over the years is that you can't trust someone will be smart, male or female.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
There are no laws against 18 year olds and sex, though, and that's a good thing. You can only protect gullible, naive people for so long. They'll learn later than sooner how to wise up, or they just never will. I've known girls as old as 24 who have no real clue on how the world is. The law shouldn't protect these minority of girls just because they can't seem to know any better. Protecting the stupid for so long will only cause bad things for other people. It makes it easier for girls to take advantage of guys because now statutory **** laws are extended, and it makes it easier for mommy or daddy to call the cops because they happen to not like the older guy their daughter is dating. This happens already, and we don't need it to last any longer in a girl or guy's life than it does. I'm not condoning say, a 20 year old dating a 14 year old, but any age after 18 should be fair game.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
Hm, it should be analyzed case by case as it doesn't seem fit to put all couples with a wider age gap in the same drawer. If we could look at each case independantly, but unfortunately this will never happen, and it's not realistic at all. :/ I happen to be such a case, but I was lucky...sort of.

Grand Mango

Smash Journeyman
Well, if he's mature enough to handle it, why not?
Lol he's not mature enough. This is society, the real world is what we are dealing with. Not some movie.

Notice how he said that he views sex as something of a negative connotation. Clearly not mature at all.

KingJiggyWiggy

Smash Lord
Livvers is correct but I can't help to feel sorry for these young women. Most won't come to their senses until they hit 25. Some won't even do so until they are 40.

Just look at the women who are suing Girl's Gone Wild. Now that they are grown and 40 years old they FINALLY (*self face-palm) realize that all these years they were only tools for sex.

I'm sure there's got to be a few that won't be lying...
But this doesn't mean you shouldn't say any of your feelings at all though. It just means that you shouldn't openly explain EVERYTHING on a myspace page or some **** like that. You see dating is like a game. Once you catch someone you can say "GOTCHA *****!!!" That is all it is.

MIND GAMES

Reyairia

Smash Champion
But this doesn't mean you shouldn't say any of your feelings at all though. It just means that you shouldn't openly explain EVERYTHING on a myspace page or some **** like that.
... I don't. This is my first time saying it. o_o

MarthIsMyHero

Smash Apprentice
Lol he's not mature enough. This is society, the real world is what we are dealing with. Not some movie.

Notice how he said that he views sex as something of a negative connotation. Clearly not mature at all.
Grow the hell up. I'd like to see you have the nerve to say no to a women wanting sex because she feels she needs to do it to be like the rest of society. Society isn't all the same. Real world? The intelligent people know how to run it, clearly you aren't one of them. Make people realize that you can actually think for yourselves. No, you don't, because the best way to be realistic is go against all odds.

Now, you're clearly offended by this point, and I really don't care what your silly illogical 17 year old staple bull is, but it's pretty lame. The way you sound is as if sex is everything for both genders. There are actual people like me who think the same way as I, I'm not alone. Some females you meet will not like you because you just want sex, but some don't realize it until they date you.

If you feel like tooling women or taking one to your room every weekend, be my guest, not my problem. Having morals? You clearly have little. A low percent have many, frankly I am one of them. I don't like it because I'm socially intolerable on some levels, such as your "sexual demands" or other nonsense that you typical teens do.

As for sex, I never said I don't want it ENTIRELY. It's objective originally I recall was for reproduction, yes? I'm going to use that as a reason: to produce children, who I hope won't be as much of a failure growing up as you are. If they are, oh well, it's their burden to carry on with that kind of life, I did my part. That's real life kid. Birth, Reproduce, Die. That's real life.

If anyone else wants to critique my morals, be my guest. I don't understand why you fear to walk down a road alone.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Do me a favor and let no one know any of your insecurities.
Too late for that. =p

If a guy says he understands then he is lying. This is especially true if the guy is older than you!
If you think that's always the case, the you really don't know what you're talking about.

I'm only like a year (or a few months) older than the one I love, and I said I understood her and all that, so I guess that means I'm a liar? Oh noes!

Older men are so perfect at using others.
They can be, but it depends on the person when it comes down to it.

jenni-adjucantreflex

Smash Cadet
I'd say this thread is really insulting to girls. It's not like there are set characteristics that we all fall for. We have sexual originality just as some guys prefer BBW while others go for those skinny *****es.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
I'd say this thread is really insulting to girls. It's not like there are set characteristics that we all fall for. We have sexual originality just as some guys prefer BBW while others go for those skinny *****es.
Of course not, my only point is that we're not all stupid enough to get into bad relationships in response to "dey liek teh jerkz!111 *bawl*". :psycho:

MarthIsMyHero

Smash Apprentice
The way it's worded by most, females are being described like an object, not a person. I might be faulty of that myself. :(

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Can't say you don't see it a lot though.
No. Out of my grade, only about 4 girls behave that way, and the rest like the kind/nice guys. Even the stupidest girl I know in my high school who even goes so far as to be dating a guy in his 20s says he's a nice guy and is "cute."
Unfortunately about 40% of the guys seem to take turns dating these four girls only. The rest of the girls don't exist. :dizzy: I mean, I admit to liking confidence, but being confident and being a jerk does not necessarily go hand in hand (in fact, I could argue they're polar opposites). Mark my words, I hate jerks.

So my question is, why do guys chase bimbos who they know will dump them for *******es? :confused:

Also, I find it offensive that you're technically calling the majority of my gender stupid.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Definitely true... Though, after reading all the crap in this thread, it kinda makes me feel bad just being a guy, even though I didn't contribute to any of that nonsense. :ohwell:
:(

that 1 guy

Smash Ace
He might not have been calling the majority of your gender stupid. A lot is a relative term. Some people would consider 10% of the population to be a lot of people.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
Way to support your opening statement with your last sentence. And if you think about responding with something along the lines of,"Lawl, of course I don't think all skinny girls are *****es!", think about how well it would fly if I posted something like "some guys prefer skinny, beautiful women while others go for those fat *****es."

jenni-adjucantreflex

Smash Cadet
Way to support your opening statement with your last sentence. And if you think about responding with something along the lines of,"Lawl, of course I don't think all skinny girls are *****es!", think about how well it would fly if I posted something like "some guys prefer skinny, beautiful women while others go for those fat *****es."
You put up a good argument. However, you must also realise that when a girl uses the word '*****es' she isn't necessarily using it in a derogatory manner. It's a speech mechanism. However, I agree that it doesn't show well of the female gender and I believe it proves a point. Generalizing and stereotyping a gender is absolutely disgraceful. You can debate how purposeful my choice of words were, but I guess as long as the point is across.

Grand Mango

Smash Journeyman
Grow the hell up. I'd like to see you have the nerve to say no to a women wanting sex because she feels she needs to do it to be like the rest of society. Society isn't all the same. Real world? The intelligent people know how to run it, clearly you aren't one of them. Make people realize that you can actually think for yourselves. No, you don't, because the best way to be realistic is go against all odds.

Now, you're clearly offended by this point, and I really don't care what your silly illogical 17 year old staple bull is, but it's pretty lame. The way you sound is as if sex is everything for both genders. There are actual people like me who think the same way as I, I'm not alone. Some females you meet will not like you because you just want sex, but some don't realize it until they date you.

If you feel like tooling women or taking one to your room every weekend, be my guest, not my problem. Having morals? You clearly have little. A low percent have many, frankly I am one of them. I don't like it because I'm socially intolerable on some levels, such as your "sexual demands" or other nonsense that you typical teens do.

As for sex, I never said I don't want it ENTIRELY. It's objective originally I recall was for reproduction, yes? I'm going to use that as a reason: to produce children, who I hope won't be as much of a failure growing up as you are. If they are, oh well, it's their burden to carry on with that kind of life, I did my part. That's real life kid. Birth, Reproduce, Die. That's real life.

If anyone else wants to critique my morals, be my guest. I don't understand why you fear to walk down a road alone.
Look, I'm no troll, but you getting so uptight is making me laugh the **** out loud. Keep them coming because it really is keeping me entertained.

PS. It's not hard to say no to a girl.

The Masked Z

Smash Cadet
Definitely true... Though, after reading all the crap in this thread, it kinda makes me feel bad just being a guy, even though I didn't contribute to any of that nonsense. :ohwell:
:(
Then go cut your d*** off and apologize for being a man.

We all have our own little opinions about life. If we are to make a bunch of women happy and pleasuring them physically, mentally, and spiritually, I don't see a problem with that. If you want to go out and desperately seek out that special someone that you will want, being a purist, go ahead and do that. It's your own way of life, we have our own way of life. We each have our experiences which has shaped ourselves to be who we are. What makes perfect sense to me may make no sense at all to you, and vice versa.

But if you want to have a mental masturbation about how superior you are to others, be my guest. I'm just not listening to you.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
You put up a good argument. However, you must also realise that when a girl uses the word '*****es' she isn't necessarily using it in a derogatory manner. It's a speech mechanism. However, I agree that it doesn't show well of the female gender and I believe it proves a point. Generalizing and stereotyping a gender is absolutely disgraceful. You can debate how purposeful my choice of words were, but I guess as long as the point is across.
Ha, no reason for debate. I can see what you meant now.

Look, I'm no troll, but you getting so uptight is making me laugh the **** out loud. Keep them coming because it really is keeping me entertained.
Hahaha, agreed. It seems people get most defensive about their personal views when it has to do with not indulging in something at all. But ****, I don't personally want to engage in casual sex, but I'm not going to tl;dr someone who says they like to.

But if you want to have a mental masturbation about how superior you are to others, be my guest. I'm just not listening to you.
Haha <3

I love this thread.

MarthIsMyHero

Smash Apprentice
We all have our own little opinions about life. If we are to make a bunch of women happy and pleasuring them physically, mentally, and spiritually, I don't see a problem with that. If you want to go out and desperately seek out that special someone that you will want, being a purist, go ahead and do that. It's your own way of life, we have our own way of life. We each have our experiences which has shaped ourselves to be who we are. What makes perfect sense to me may make no sense at all to you, and vice versa.

I felt offended by how he was talking to both me and about women, especially the ones on this thread. Alpha male crap needs to die. You might be good at one thing, but by god someone is better than you at something else.

He attacked me, so I find that fair game. I merely offered examples that ended up as me getting insulted. I merely said that you can find the actual important person at 17. I had been all my life. I've been a shy guy around women, always will be. But for someone to give me crap for saying somethings possible and that I'm wrong, other men are wrong on other opinions, and that women are essentially objects, is in rather poor taste.

Can you agree with that at least? I ask nothing more than that. Any bias goes into other things I've said, I'll admit. Maybe I worded poorly. I was just trying to point out a counter to assumption. Apologies on that part.

One thing I have a hard time about the purist thing, how can one understand us? I get poked fun at for being as pure as I can be, yet people call that "weak" or at least imply it strongly (subtle attacks usually). Ever try being as pure as possible? I can't see myself being like you guys, but I still try to give you as much respect, as much as I hold morals and integrated logistics very highly. (By Integrated Logistics I mean try to logically go through all conditions on important matters before acting on it.)

Thank you for the constructive criticism Masked, I apologize again for being rather assuming if I was. I can't quite apologize to Mango. I'm not upset, I just don't get why you're so pompous and obnoxious.

Mango - I might have better, more or just unique morals, but you definitely beat me out on social skills, I'm sure. I'm self-conscious until I know the person, then too conscious of the other person's well being. Therefore, I don't start a conversation in person too often. We all got pros and cons, and I think willing to accept that people can be really abstract is a huge thing.

I hate people who take sex as a game and give them crap for it, but I still respect them if they acknowledge my opinion as different and don't hate on me for it. Most have more running for me, so I still would be envious of some things you have gotten. Catch my drift? Now I apologize for being a ****, just accept people's opinions can be different in the future, it might be in your favor if you do.

EDIT: Yes, that last statement could be considered Hypocritical, sue me. I suck at wording things right the first time. I end up apologizing and explaining better once I get complaints.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
Oh, here it goes again.
I should have known,
should have known,
should have known again,
but here it goes again.
Oh, here it goes again.

KingJiggyWiggy

Smash Lord
Too late for that. =p

If you think that's always the case, the you really don't know what you're talking about.

I'm only like a year (or a few months) older than the one I love, and I said I understood her and all that, so I guess that means I'm a liar? Oh noes!

They can be, but it depends on the person when it comes down to it.
You're misunderstanding. A few months really isn't much; I meant the people who are like 5-10 years older. There are some cases where the relationship actually works but those are very rare.

Top Bottom