• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

what do women realy like in guys

Marie_54

Smash Ace
^Not me, young guys just like to curse. Just because they say *****, doesn't mean they truly mean it, especially in the way he said it.
Of course there are exceptions but whatever...

LOL At all the mindgames in the last 2 or 3 pages... I'd read all of them for sheer pleasure but the topics are just getting stupid, and ridiculous so i'll skip most of them...

The thing about women liking mostly the rich, powerful, men to have babies pissed me off the most...
Just thinking about arrogant, rich brats and baby poop makes me want to puke.

Well both of my parents are lawyers but i usually can't stand the really rich kids in schools with their look at me i have everything i am awesome!!!

Steck

Smash Journeyman
There does not seem to any one kind of guy that women go for- except for maybe kind and even that seems to not be constant- I would guess being good looking helps (merely helps though, I've seen some really ugly guys manage to get GFs, but I don't seem to be one of them lol)

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
You're misunderstanding. A few months really isn't much; I meant the people who are like 5-10 years older. There are some cases where the relationship actually works but those are very rare.
After high school 5 years older isn't that big of a deal. I know a lot of people with decent age gaps like that.

Did someone get offended by the title Skinny *****es, honestly?
Because I totally sounded offended. I was going to respond to you seriously and explain what I meant when pointing it out, but wa-hey! I already did that. Also, the person who said it was female, but you will find loads of females who use that word in a derogatory manner about other girls.

Leahdybug

Smash Journeyman

Because I totally sounded offended. I was going to respond to you seriously and explain what I meant when pointing it out, but wa-hey! I already did that. Also, the person who said it was female, but you will find loads of females who use that word in a derogatory manner about other girls.

Yeah you kind of did sound offended. Thats kinda why I asked ?I have never met anyone anywhere whos ever tried to defend that point. Im a female and females sure as hell sue the term alot I could quote some queens of comedy for ya. It jsut seemed a bit ludaris to point out. Just my imo, but thanks for clearing that up.

Grand Mango

Smash Journeyman
I felt offended by how he was talking to both me and about women, especially the ones on this thread. Alpha male crap needs to die. You might be good at one thing, but by god someone is better than you at something else.

He attacked me, so I find that fair game. I merely offered examples that ended up as me getting insulted. I merely said that you can find the actual important person at 17. I had been all my life. I've been a shy guy around women, always will be. But for someone to give me crap for saying somethings possible and that I'm wrong, other men are wrong on other opinions, and that women are essentially objects, is in rather poor taste.

Can you agree with that at least? I ask nothing more than that. Any bias goes into other things I've said, I'll admit. Maybe I worded poorly. I was just trying to point out a counter to assumption. Apologies on that part.

One thing I have a hard time about the purist thing, how can one understand us? I get poked fun at for being as pure as I can be, yet people call that "weak" or at least imply it strongly (subtle attacks usually). Ever try being as pure as possible? I can't see myself being like you guys, but I still try to give you as much respect, as much as I hold morals and integrated logistics very highly. (By Integrated Logistics I mean try to logically go through all conditions on important matters before acting on it.)

Thank you for the constructive criticism Masked, I apologize again for being rather assuming if I was. I can't quite apologize to Mango. I'm not upset, I just don't get why you're so pompous and obnoxious.

Mango - I might have better, more or just unique morals, but you definitely beat me out on social skills, I'm sure. I'm self-conscious until I know the person, then too conscious of the other person's well being. Therefore, I don't start a conversation in person too often. We all got pros and cons, and I think willing to accept that people can be really abstract is a huge thing.

I hate people who take sex as a game and give them crap for it, but I still respect them if they acknowledge my opinion as different and don't hate on me for it. Most have more running for me, so I still would be envious of some things you have gotten. Catch my drift? Now I apologize for being a ****, just accept people's opinions can be different in the future, it might be in your favor if you do.

EDIT: Yes, that last statement could be considered Hypocritical, sue me. I suck at wording things right the first time. I end up apologizing and explaining better once I get complaints.
Lol, you really do make me laugh. I didn't disrespect your opinion once. In fact you disrespected mine. Go read over all my posts, not once did I actually say you're wrong or disrespect your opinion, unless you count me saying that being 18 years old is too young as being disrespectful of an opinion. We all know that 99% of relationships do not last when couples leave high school so I'm very justified in saying you're both not ready and not mature enough. Attacking me doesn't show anything but your insecurities.

I couldn't care about your morals either. Life doesn't follow pure and pristine methods of living. If your morals are the only thing you have going for you, you should ask yourself where have they gotten you so far and exactly how happy you are with yourself.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Having no spine.
Big strong arms to move furniture.
Agreeing with everything a woman says, however trivial.
I'll update later.

Steck

Smash Journeyman
****ing personality will get me no matter what if your funny as hell Im yours. Confidence.
I notice confidence is a quality that is listed quite often. Why do girls think confidence is so important? When I look at a qualities of girls the main ones I look for is intelligence and a sense of humor but I would never really treat confidence as a major factor.
So why do girls like confident guys?

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
probably an instinctual thing. maybe the girl would feel like she was 'wearing the pants of the relationship'?

they can obviously answer this better than me but i just personally think they want a man who can act like one.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
I notice confidence is a quality that is listed quite often. Why do girls think confidence is so important? When I look at a qualities of girls the main ones I look for is intelligence and a sense of humor but I would never really treat confidence as a major factor.
It depends on what they lack confidence about. Lack of confidence in pursuing a relationship comes across as disinterest - and I like someone I can feel affectionate for without feeling in a prime position for being taken advantage of. Lack of confidence in us (trust) and the relationship itself may just reflect that he isn't to be trusted himself (aka: often a boyfriend who goes "oh you should get a better boyfriend" or something of similar thought is a hint that he's cheating on you). Lack of confidence in skill (work/job/etc) comes across as "there's a reason why I think I'm incompetent at this" which might mean a financial burden that we don't want to have.

It isn't just women who were raised to believe that bravery is one of the most admirable (if not the most admirable) trait a man can have - and I say men because it's never that stressed on women, which is something that reflects still sexist tones in our society but that's another story. You could call it a Prince Charming complex. :ohwell:

Chomp The Fourth

Smash Rookie
You girls are too nice to us guys. I'm surprised no girl has flipped out on how pathetic some of the guys are acting.

I know some of the girls I know, they HATE nice guys. They get so bored they easily cheat on the Nice Guy for a Real man.

Not a Jerk (though some real men are jerks), but just a f*cking man. Some of you guys need to get out of your mom's basement and live life to the fullest. I don't care what it takes, whether to take Shark Testosterone or to go out and go up to every ****ing girl and go "Hey, wanna f***?"

I don't give a ****, do something nuts. Do something crazy.

Live life to the fullest BABY!!!

(Sponsored by Red Bull)

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer

(Sponsored by Red Bull)

DISCLAIMER: The views represented in this post do not represent those of the SWF or its sponsors.

Steck

Smash Journeyman
Not a Jerk (though some real men are jerks), but just a f*cking man. Some of you guys need to get out of your mom's basement and live life to the fullest. I don't care what it takes, whether to take Shark Testosterone or to go out and go up to every ****ing girl and go "Hey, wanna f***?"

(Sponsored by Red Bull)
So in other words- they like idiots? lol somehow I doubt that that's true

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878

(Sponsored by Red Bull)
Usually, the girls who reply yes to that approach have AIDS. Enjoy your AIDS.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
DISCLAIMER: The views represented in this post do not represent those of the SWF or its sponsors.
Hmm. What was your first clue?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Hey i'm straight-edge and not a douche, just wanted to point that out for when you think Marth speaks as a majority there. He's just an uptight kid with apparantly some messed up social skills. I don't have much to contribute to this thread, if you want a girl, you need to be confident and what some people seem to have trouble doing GO OUT AND TALK to women. People complain and say that they never meet any girls that are right for them or they're all bitches, but never attempt to meet girls in what they're interested in and would much rather hide behind their generalizations.

My girlfriends knows I use this site, My girlfriend knows I play smash, but the relationship still works because you can relate on other planes, so just saying yeah like you could get a girl being on a videogame forum as a shield for not talking isn't right, it's just a cop out.. getting to know girls and getting dates is not that hard if you can be confident in yourself. If not, then continue complaining and settle for less.

greenblob

Smash Lord
Attractiveness and popularity. That's all there is to it--nothing more, nothing less. If you fit the criteria, no matter what you do you'll be perceived as witty, charming, sensitive, creative, cute, assertive, etc. If you don't fit the bill, no matter what you do you'll be perceived as sketchy, creepy, weird, trying too hard, a tool, insensitive, passive/awkward, etc.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
I'm pretty sure chicks dig guys with glasses, bad posture, and that are under 120 pounds. I keep on seeing these shirts on 'em saying 'I <3 Nerds.'

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Attractiveness and popularity. That's all there is to it--nothing more, nothing less. If you fit the criteria, no matter what you do you'll be perceived as witty, charming, sensitive, creative, cute, assertive, etc. If you don't fit the bill, no matter what you do you'll be perceived as sketchy, creepy, weird, trying too hard, a tool, insensitive, passive/awkward, etc.
maybe in high school

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Hmmm... *shrug*

Nice hair, definitely. Lots of girls approach me all the time and compliment my hair, asking if they can play with it heh.

Nice eyes, as well. If you have green eyes (like me) you probably get a lot of compliments from girls (so long as yr approachable).

Other than that... every girl is different so I can't speak for them all, but I noticed a lot of pretty girls are attracted to awkward guys now-a-days. Bad posture, big glasses, lack of fashion sense, quiet/shy... So basically, IMO, good skin, pretty eyes, and nice hair.

The saying "nice guys finish last" is very true. ;"p

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Whoa, epic realization!

Girls are individuals, not one living thing. Therefor, depending on who you are trying to attract, your methods of going about it should be different depending on who that person is. Does she like a guy that's witty, outgoing, shy, fat, affectionate, thin, etc.?

A quiet, weeaboo girl would like certain things better than the most popular girl in school.

mark.

Smash Journeyman
As the great Mannie Fresh would inform you,

Gator Boots, with the pimped out Gucci suit,
Ain't got no job, but I stay sharp.
Can't pay my rent, cause all my money's spent,
but thats okay, cause I'm still fly.
Got a quarter-tank o' gas in my new E-class,
But that's alright cause I'm gon' ride.
Got everything in my Momma's name,
but im hood rich, da dada da dah.
he gets the ho's, he speaks the truth.
:)

Peacelover87

Smash Rookie
I don't think it really can be said what women like in guys unless you ask every woman on the planet. Every one has their own individual taste. The ones I know like to be around me because I'm a caring and nice person and always treat them with respect. I'm also very confident and witty at the same time. I'm not "super hot" and don't have big muscles. I have a good personality and that's what they like about me. In most cases a good personality is all you need maybe. Not sure.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I just asked my wife what she likes in a guy, and she said the following:

-Intelligent
-Interesting
-Well spoken
-Out spoken
-Talented
-Sexy
-Glasses
-Loving
-Kind

As for looks:
-Looks don't matter, but of course, no one wants someone who's unattractive
-What is important is how a man carries himself

xX'Mitsurugi'Xx

Smash Ace
I'm gonna have to go with Zero Beat on this one. (The man knows what hes talkin about) As a guy who could have most any girl he wants, I agree with most all zero has been sayin. The alpha male thing will build a unstable romance, usually lasts 1-2 yrs. As for the we're a couple, not the I'm the MAN and you are the woman approach. That builds lasting passion.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Treating a woman with respect and kindness is critical, but you do have to "be the man" at the same time. That's why she's dating you, and you have to fulfill the responsibilities and expectations that go along with that.

xX'Mitsurugi'Xx

Smash Ace
Treating a woman with respect and kindness is critical, but you do have to "be the man" at the same time. That's why she's dating you, and you have to fulfill the responsibilities and expectations that go along with that.
You misunderstand, I didn't mean the guy in the relationship has to be a balless lap dog. (even tho some girls prefer this, stay away from them if you value your pride) I meant treat them as an individual, not assuming they all like the same thing.

GunMaster001

Smash Cadet
LOL, wat?

today i went to a dentist appointment and during the wait i picked up a magazine (since i read whatever i get m hands on) and it had big bold red print in the front that said what you should look for in a man so i looked and read the article it was a bunch of nonsense. i re-read it like twice and picked up a similar magazine with a similar topic in it it was nonsense again and different than the first 1 i read. so out of shear curiosity what is the "perfect" guy.
um this was random, adn dont tell me wat to do?!!?!!!111

omfgomfg

Smash Lord
Your eyes happened to drift to my location, I see.
hmm.
i gave the topic's question some thought, and... i don't have an answer.
however, i did come up with something during my brainstorming. which is...
in order to answer the question most accurately, a woman has to discover this topic by herself and then decide to post without any outside influence (such as people asking them what they like most in a guy)

Top Bottom