• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do Sheik and Zangief have in common?

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
They can both throw! ba dam tis.. :ohwell:

I actually made this thread because as sheik I'm not sure what to do when I grab someone. On a normal occasion 99.9% of the time I will just grab someone, down throw and continue the fight.

In an effort to better myself I wanted to know what is the kind of mindset and things to know when I'm throwing a character with sheik, and what throw should I use for: Big Characters? Little Characters? Medium Characters? Certain Characters in General? Grab Releases? etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Champ just told me that if u dthrow heavy characters, they can't do much if you just utilt right away... you can chain grab them like that

credit to CHAMP aka Charoo for that one

other than that, fthrow and bthrow are preferrable since they're the most damaging of the throws, just choose fthrow or bthrow according to the situation

dthrow sets up for follow ups, just watch closely

uthrow lmao dont use it

and sheik and zangief have everything in common, but especially:
hot legs

TreK

Is "that guy"
Yep i always grab with sheik, dunno why since his throws aren't that good x)
I usually fthrow cus i find it more natural (i'm a pressure player and fthrow gives the least amount of airborne time to opp) but i think and know i'm wrong... So dthrow ftw ?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
New Guide: How to Play Sheik

lmao if you look closely you can find sheik's fair
4th row, farthest right

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Wrong, that bump is just the ENORMOUS tampon she uses for her monster periods. In Brawl she's always on the rag. Which explains why Sheik's so offensively oriented.
I thought Peach was the one who got power from menstruation?

She can only use that Final Smash once a month.

Blad01

Smash Lord
Fthrow and Bthrow are all about reading your opponent, jump and dodge being the most easy to read/punish.

You can follow with Nair (for dodges), or Fair, Bair. But you can also mindgame an upsmash, or a running UpB. :)

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
Thanks for the info Ankokou and Blad01. I was wondering, how effective is a running Up+B out of a throw? Only as a mixup or surprise?

Sarcasm chok, sarcasm.

Also, if you look at the second row of the spritesheet, you'll notice that Zangief also has a forward tlit. Wonder if he can ftilt lock...

Top Bottom