• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do people think of ROB's new tier place?

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Yeah I really was surprised to see ROB lose some place in the Tier List. He definately seems like he has a lot of potential to keep getting better. Maybe it is due to the lack of people who play him.

PkTrainerCris

Smash Ace
Yeah I really was surprised to see ROB lose some place in the Tier List. He definately seems like he has a lot of potential to keep getting better. Maybe it is due to the lack of people who play him.
QFT
The robot is pretty good, but also pretty awkward, maybe people have learnt how to deal with him
I have no idea how does mario has an 60-40 matchup against him/it... somebody please tell me ( im not discussing it, i just dont know the matchup )

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
I'm sad. I personally think he should be above Wario at the very least, possibly a little higher.
Ya that was the biggest surprise for me. I was expecting Wario to drop pretty bad. I did think ROB would drop to 8th or so, not because of him but because certain characters (Diddy and Olimar) were placed too low with the first list.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Yes I also expected Wario to drop a lot. ROB is right where he should be (imo) except for being below Wario. But I guess in today's tourney scene, it's better to do decently against MK and get ***** by a bunch of other characters, than it is to only get ***** by MK.

emergency

Smash Journeyman
I was surprised that ROB dropped. I thought at least he would remained sort of up there.

But in my mind. The tiers don't really get to me at all. It doesn't mean it's the end of the world, yes?

The characters above us don't necessarily mean that we don't have huge disadvantage. Right?

I am just trying to confirm more knowledge.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Atm Im really pissed. This tier list is fail <______< Although I'll just keep to the topic and keep it on R.O.B. I really dson't think he should be below Wario AND Diddy. Wario for sure, Diddy is maybe.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
I was surprised that ROB dropped. I thought at least he would remained sort of up there.

But in my mind. The tiers don't really get to me at all. It doesn't mean it's the end of the world, yes?

The characters above us don't necessarily mean that we don't have huge disadvantage. Right?

I am just trying to confirm more knowledge.
It usually is a combination of tourney scores, perceived potential, as well as matchups. So looking at the 2.0 tier list you would assume ROB has some bad match ups with the characters above him, and does better against most of the people below him.

Sudai

Stuff here
I think his placement in B tiers is fine. I agree he shouldn't be lower than Wario, but what can you do? I also think he's above someone he shouldn't be (Lucario) but it's whatever. You guys know tiers don't mean ****. ; )

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
I think he is perfectly fine where he is .. Wario is better than ROB IMO...Game and Watch is what is really making me angry..

Cubone

Smash Lord
NNID
Cubone
I think he is perfectly fine where he is .. Wario is better than ROB IMO...Game and Watch is what is really making me angry..
Whats wrong with G&W's placement? I think he should be above DDD due to bucket braking and the fact he has less bad match ups then DDD but Otherwise it seems about right.

Sudai is right though, the tier won't change anything except make people think less of ROB now... but that isn't all bad, they'll focus less on the match up and it'll feel even better when you beat them :laugh:

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I don't know why you guys are getting so worked up about ROB's drop on the tier list. His placement on the tier list had absolutely no effect on my choice of ROB as a main (not that there was a tier list when I chose him, but just saying it wouldn't have mattered to me). In fact, the lower he goes, the more determined I will be to stick with him. I take much more pride winning with a mid-tier than I would with a god-tier wh0re like MK.

Plus it's not like his drop on the tier list suddenly makes him a worse character. ROB is the exact same character he was yesterday.

Ruse

Fox
SBR finally realized that R.O.B. isn't top tier material.

Now maybe all of the scrubs in my town will stop calling him cheap and back off, haha.

But seriously, I'm pretty torn between who's "better" between R.O.B. and Wario. I've seen a lot more bada** Warios than R.O.B.s, so maybe he just has a more advanced meta game and can be pushed to a pro level easier or more efficiently (a couple of the top 10 players in Florida either alt or main Wario, so I might just be biased). I'm glad that they gave MK and Snake their own tiers, but I'm a little confused about the A Tier placement. I agree with all of the characters in A, but I don't know about that exact order.

Why the hell is the SBR doing all of this weird tier organization? Last time ther was no top tier, this time it's letters. Why not just keep with the good old Top/High/Mid/Low/Bottom? I guess it might be because of the amount of characters in Brawl compared to Melee? Who knows.

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
Didn't you hear? It's R.O.B.'s side-B that's keeping him ahead of Lucario.
Woo!

I did kind of see him dropping down a bit. Maybe not that much, but tourney turnouts are NOT helping his placement here. Most of his strengths in the tier list last time (or this time) were probably at least somewhat theoretical. Yes, Overswarm went ROB-happy, went to a lot of events, and could have probably written his own complete matchup guide with every character from all the matches he's played, but beyond that, ROB's metagame has slowed down considerably. Seriously- it's mostly individual experience here. That's why characters like Diddy or Olimar can rise: they have so much potential once they learn to get around whatever stale ROB vs _____ matchup advice we have. Camp? They learn to powershield or punish in some way. They're just adapting faster than we are, and a lot more people actively play the characters that jumped ahead of ROB this time around.

I'm still all for playing ROB. Just remember that a lot has changed since Overswarm's week 4 character synopsis, and that some of the matchups have become in other characters' favors since then.

Azuzu

Smash Cadet
I'm fine with the placements but the organization of the new tier list is terrible. 9 tiers is way too many, when it could easily be condensed to 6-7

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
I dont know about everyone else, but Im kind of glad that he dropped lol.
My friends tend to give me **** because "He can FLY!" or because of his "ridiculous priority" lol. They say i play him because hes top tier. Now I can laugh at them and say "the rest of the Smash community found ROB's weaknesses, why can't you? Noobs." lol

Bout time MK got his own tier.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
I guess they were just trying to point out that if there is a Top Tier that looks like

Meta Knight
Snake

it wouldn't describe as accurately how much better Meta Knight actually is than Snake.

WarmSoda

Smash Apprentice
This just shows people don't know ROB.

Not that the tier list ever meant anything.

Mindgames > Tiers

WarmSoda

Smash Apprentice
I disagree. One time in a tournament I stopped using mindgames and started using tier's instead. It worked miracles.
Bad mindgames.

EDIT: I stopped caring about tiers and my tourneys shot up.

It's all in your head.

And your opponents head.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Dragoomba... it's kind of unfortunate but when you know where to prick a R.O.B. with your thorn... he can be kind of easy.

That being said maybe R.O.B. needs to learn how to layz0r from farther away. :p

I'm still working on the infinite fuel glitch.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Infinite fuel glitch? WTF are you talking about?

I never think about tiers when Im at a tourney, I think about the matchups lol.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
I am officially going to stop drinking caffeine and stop making bad jokes now, lol.

To clear that up obviously there is no infinite fuel glitch... or ROB would be unstoppable.

Just fly far off the stage and spam projectiles to your hearts content.

WarmSoda

Smash Apprentice
B for Blasphemy! its all about being smarter than your opponent (and matchups too)
Well said.

Whatever this new tier list amounts to, it doesn't change anything.

At best, we'll see a few more Wario mains. And I predict a couple more Olimars.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
ROB's tier placement is fine, it's other characters that are screwed up around him. :p For one, I think Diddy is highly overrated and many people are just like "omg ninjalink beat m2k's mk with him diddy is an MK counter !!" among other problems.

Plus, as has been said, tier placement doesn't change his standing as a character in the game. You just play who you're naturally best with, maybe learn a CP character or two to complement their matchups, and you're good. If you're merely committed to learn a character because they're the "best" then you learn MK, beyond that who cares?

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Diddy is considered good because
-people don't know how to play against him
-high potential because of room for metagame growth
-no glaring flaws (bad killability is the closest)
-he is doing well in reputable tournies

He's pretty much the exact opposite of ROB's playstyle now that I think about it, except that they both suck at killing.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
the most amazing move was fox's and rob's. they went way to low. even with wario's extreme grab release weakeness he manages to stay in 8th.wtf.this tier list is terrible.also zss went way to high.

Top Bottom