• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Controller Do You Use?

Domino64 (The JOKER)

Smash Rookie
Definitely the GC Controller...

**** I love my wavebird...

That's right... WAVEBIRD! The wirelessness of the Nunchaku/Wiimote, with the comfort of the regular GC controller (which I also have... brand new...)

Yes, I'm dedicated. I'm just so scared to ruin it when I play Smash and DBZ. $30 is still pretty steep for a controller from a dead (RIP) system.

Fyist

Smash Journeyman
I have a modded steering wheel and pedals that I **** with..... not allowed in tourneys though.

sonic 12111

Smash Journeyman
I use the Gamecube controller but in my first tourney i played with a classic and I was seriously the only noob there useing it. T-T I felt so unprofesional

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I use the Gamecube controller but in my first tourney i played with a classic and I was seriously the only noob there using it. T-T I felt so unprofessional
I want to know why you felt like that? I use Classy Controller in just about every Smash tourney I go to and place a great or good in tournaments than I did with a Gamecube Controller. Not many people use Wii-Mote controls because they are too use to the last Smash Bros mostly and don't want to try something new, you can master Wii-Mote & Nunchaku and Classy Controller and be as good or better than the people who use the Gamecube Controller dang near all the time.

bow master1

Smash Apprentice
hey viper is it easy using the classic controller?ive never used 1 before in fact i dont even own 1.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
The Classy Controller is simple to use. If you never wiled it before, it will take time getting the hang of pressing the right buttons because too many people are use to the Gamecube Controller since Melee. Since the Classy Controller is similar to the Super Nintendo controller with Joy Sticks attached, you just have to hold the Classy like that, but with your left thumb on the joy stick.

IMYP

Smash Rookie
I use the remote and nunchuck. My gamecube controllers have been worn out for years. (I got most of the controllers on the GC launch day) Even if I used the GC controller I don't think it would feel right playing on the Wii. :)

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
When brawl was coming out i was so relieved that you could use the GC controller. Its been my bestest buddy since melee. IMO i find it a little harder to do AT's with the wii mote or nunchunk.

megatonfist

Smash Rookie
i use the wii+nunchuk because i didnt play enough of melee to become attached to the gcc. although i know how to use the gcc, grabbing and shielding became hard for me due to how small the key was for grabbing and the distance between the censor and key for shielding. the wii/nunchuk gives a lot mroe distance between the hands so u could be crossarmed and still play =]. although there a few less keys, i set my grab to c and csmashes to the arrow pad

Steve007AUT

Smash Rookie
i personally use a gamecube-controller, but classic controller does work as well as gc i think. i hate wii-mote - nunchuck combination. Wiimote alone hmm... i think you cant use advanced techniques...

ZettaKuma

Smash Cadet
The good ol' Gamecube controller
(And my friends thought I was ******** for keeping my Gamecube after I got a Wii...)

Alessandra

Smash Apprentice
When I first got the game I tried Wiimote+nunchuck, but after much convincing by my friends to use the Gamecube controller instead, I tried it out, and voila, I'm in love.

USrob

Smash Cadet
Classic controller or the GC Wavebird ....... Good ol days (melee) lol

Toony

Smash Journeyman
I have no GC controller so Wiimote sideways is what I use.

Top Bottom