• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Controller Do You Use?

zeldspazz

Smash Master
wii remote and nunchuck. I never like the gamecube controller for smash. about 90% of the people do use a gamecube controller I noticed though

I turn the tap jump off and use the c button to jump. Ruins my game when the tap is on too

Kirbythebanshee

Smash Rookie
ive never had a gamecube, so i could never get used to the controller (still cant) so i use the sideways wii remote.
I often ridacule my friends for using gc controllers, because in my oppinion, gc controllers are for people who were already good at melee, and are too lazy to figure out how to use the wiimote. Then agian, i'd probably do the same thing if i had a gamecube.

randomselect

Smash Cadet
I use the WaveBird Wireless Controller.

Because it blasts everything. Every Wii needs one.
Lucky... I can't seem to find a reasonably priced Wavebird so I am stuck with the standard GCN Contoller.

Yes I use the GCN controller like most people. I use the Wiimote Nunchuck combo sometimes though. Never have touched classic controller. Wiimote by itself just feels lacking.

Supamahn

Smash Rookie
I use the Wiimote + Nunchuk. I jsut like the way it feels and the freedom your hands have when you use it. I will sometimes use the GCN controller if the batteries on my Wiimote are down (Which is rarely). The reason I don't use the GCN controller is because I'm used to the fast paced game play of Melee, and when I try playing Brawl with it, I find my hands trying to Wavedash or Dash Dance >_> The Classic controller has an OK feel to it but it's just a little awkward to use because of the way it's designed. The Wiimote on it's side is just plain ridiculous... I don't even consider it a controller. It's just trying to cram tons of buttons on the 6 buttons an d the 4 directional pads the Wiimote has.

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
Well i dont use Wii remote i use GC controller mainly because I main TL and secondarie IC

Jack13090

Smash Rookie
I'm always more comfortable with my GC controller. (just recently got a new wavebird) But I can use the sideways wii remote. Sometimes i'm better on it as a matter of fact.

marthmaster59

Smash Journeyman
Sideways Wii mote ate first. but than I Tried the Gamecube controller. I didn't see why it was so better. But than I found out What the C Stick does. And Smashing is a huge part of Marth's metagame. And Marth is my main. So Gamecube controller it is.

Evenkor

Smash Cadet
I never had a Gameube, just a PS2, so I'd always suck at Melee because I couldn't use a Gamecube Controller Properly. But I did have a Nintendo 64, and I found the Classic Controller straight up my alley. So I use it, and I use Tap Jump and C-Stick, which I can't stand on the GC controller due to their weird placement.

Penultimate

Smash Rookie
I never played Melee or had a GC lol
I just use the Wiichuck, tried the wiimote sideways but that wasn't very comfortable...
I am planning on getting a classic controller..

DemonFart

Smash Lord
Sideways Wii mote ate first. but than I Tried the Gamecube controller. I didn't see why it was so better. But than I found out What the C Stick does. And Smashing is a huge part of Marth's metagame. And Marth is my main. So Gamecube controller it is.
yeah...marthmaster59 summed it up nicely EXCEPT i didn't do it for marth i did for being comfortable. i also use the classic controller.

_Marth_

Smash Rookie
I'm so used to the GC controller that I can't use anything else, unless I spent some time practicing with the other controllers. But then I couldn't C-stick....

arfer

Smash Cadet
of course most people will say the gc controller. I honestly don't see any advantages to playing the wiimote on its side

Ugg

Smash Champion
I use the gamecube controller.
I actually started out with the Wii/chuck, but after a while I just figured that I would go back the the gamecube controller because I already was adapted from Melee.
Sideways-wiimote sucks. xP

PennyRambergs

Smash Rookie
I just use the sideways Wiimote, I just think that it's easier, and I PERSONALLY Like it more XD

Whatever, I don't care if you think it sucks but I ROCK with it X3

marthmaster59

Smash Journeyman
I use the Wiimote + Nunchuk. I jsut like the way it feels and the freedom your hands have when you use it. I will sometimes use the GCN controller if the batteries on my Wiimote are down (Which is rarely). The reason I don't use the GCN controller is because I'm used to the fast paced game play of Melee, and when I try playing Brawl with it, I find my hands trying to Wavedash or Dash Dance >_>
I always play brawl on special brawl<fast brawl and it still isn't fast enough.

Egitor

Smash Cadet
I use the Wiimote + Nunchuck. Button configuration is standard for me. I tried enabling the option that shaking your wiimote makes your character smash - that just stinks imho, I can't properly seem to control the direction of the smash, often making down-smashes into up-smashes etcetera.
I also recently turned off tap-jumping in order to get more air control and learn to short-hop properly (something I find by far easier to do with the C-jump).

In my group of friends, furthermore, it's more or less taboo to use a GameCube controller, seeing how some of my friends have trouble getting off smashes with the tap-smashing and the GameCube stick takes the problem away. If I could, I'd try out a N64 controller!

Edit: Axel.EmO, how come your 'profile' is butted in like that? Your signature too wide or something? It looks off!

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
I'm too use to conventional handheld controllers to get used to the Wiimote.

GC Controller for me. Would be even better if it was an N64 controller with more buttons tacked on lmao

Chris is me

Smash Apprentice
I use the Classic Controller with a retooled control scheme. Analog sticks are better, putting the jump button on L doesn't feel weird, and it's in general a simple, balanced controller.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I still use the Classic Controller for Brawl. It has grown on me since I bought it, and the L and R buttons are easier to press down completely.

Dual Kirby

Smash Apprentice
i use the game cube controller i bought from gamestop because im just used to it

Top Bottom