• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Controller Do You Use?

.:PacMan:.

Smash Rookie
I used the Classic Controller at first because my 2 GC controllers took an extreme beating from mario kart wii which made the buttons stick. But i've bought a new one so I'm getting used to it again.

AetherLord

Smash Journeyman
Was at first Wiimote + Nunchuk but went back to GC cuz I thought I'd do better...The control stick on the combo also was to sensitive...

SunnySavage

Smash Rookie
i seem to be one of the few but i use the wiimote in the horizontal position on its own with re-configured button setup (as i dont like using minus as throw) but yeah i think wiimote on its own is better for speed, and in my opinion more comfortable

NicIsNotANinja

Smash Cadet
Im hoping that i wont have to go out and buy a GC controller as i've just spent £270 on a wii, smash bros an extra mote+nunchuck and medal of honour xD

Dragonoise

Smash Apprentice
I switched back to my trusty GC controller because I never caught on with the Wiimote+Nunchuck combo.

Shök

Smash Champion
LMAO. :laugh:

It's fun to use different types of contol, but most hardcore people use the GCC.

Oh, and w0re, NEVER go to a tournament with a wiimote.

In the words of SamuraiPanda, THEY WILL LAUGH AT YOU.

SilverSonic101

Smash Cadet
I use the Wii Remote and Nunchuk. My sis uses the GCC. I may switch soon and use the GCC like her.

BrawlChamp14

Smash Apprentice
the first 3 days of Brawl i used the GC Controller. then i got used to the Nunchuck and Wiimote after customizing it. then i switched to a Classic controller. and i went back to the GC after there were some things i couldnt do on the classic controller with Falco.

CUsmasher2011

Smash Journeyman
When it first came out during school, I used the GameCube controller, like all of my friends. Then when I got my own copy, I tried to use the Wii Remote & Nunchuck but ended up using the Classic Controller.

PCHU

Smash Lord
I use old reliable, the jet black gamecube controller I got when I first got my gamecube for Christmas.
I used this controller to practice wavedashing, l-canceling, and basically I became much better with it.
I have dominated with it, and I will do my best to never let it break.

TheTomNookster

Smash Apprentice
I still use Gamecube controllers. I can't convert to any of the new control schemes. For me, it's just too difficult to play with the Wiimote and Nunchuck or the Classic Controller. After playing 'Melee all this time, the controller still feels very comfortable.

quadz08

Smash Cadet
I use the Wiimote+Nunchuk. It just takes a little getting used to. It's the same as switching from the N64 to GCN controller when melee came out; the only difference is the fact that you can put your arms in a position thats actually comfortable because you can seperate your arms basically as wide as you would like. I really do appreciate that particular feature.

kattenberg

Smash Rookie
Cube controller, I'm not even trying that interfering nonsense, besides, I'm used to the gamecube controller (wired)

synchroblst

Smash Rookie
I've tried out using the Wiimote, as well as Wiimote+Nunchuk combinations, but I didn't find my performance as close to as if I used a GC controller. I don't regret buying my platinum GC controller one bit. Except the little dark circles I get around the rubber analog stick, can't seem to get rid of them...

Starwarrior27

Smash Apprentice
I use the Wii Mote and Nunchuck. It doesn't keep my hands in a restricted position, so I can actually move them around. I also tried using the shake smash for a while (it's like the c-stick, so I could do combos), but it hindered my recovery, so I made new combos and turned it off.

themastaofbrawl64

Smash Cadet
I guess it doesn't matter to me

i use the wiimote nunchuck combo, but i changed the controls by taking off tap jump and making grab as Z because it is so annoying when it is A+B

When i play melee i find the gc controller just as comfortable

Maeotian

Smash Cadet
Having gotten used to melee, a Gamecube controller just felt more natural to use. I occasionally would use the Wiimote, but I can remember the first time I got Brawl, I played a classic match on Normal with Link and 3 stocks, and died. I then switched to the GC controller and beat it without losing a stock.

4U2NV

Smash Rookie
I use the Gamecube controller for this and Mario kart i'm just not into the wii controls! Not saying they are bad though, Metroid was a blast!

Liquid_Kai?

Smash Apprentice
I would use my GC Controller but i'm currently using my Wii Remote sideways

I want to use the remote as it makes the game feel different from melee. (I didnt like melee, It wasnt bad but i hated it purley because the adventure mode annoyed the **** outta me. Grrrrr. it annys me thinking about it)

Only problem is i'm at a serious disadvantage using the wiimote for obvious reasons (Block/grab etc.) even when i've changed the button configurations. So i thought about my original black GC pad. Ahhhh good times with that beast, but yeah it its really worn on the controlls dont feel responsive because of that.

So yeah anyway, i'm thinking about importing one of those Japanese white GC pads from play asia, but i'm cheap and dont like spending money. Thinking about it though i'll end up spending the same amount it costs on batteries for it so maybe i will move onto the GC pad again soon but atm my Wiimote is the way to go.

kaloo

Smash Rookie
I like the sideways WiiMote. I've used it almost exclusively since I got this game, aside from tryign out the other stuff early on, and occasionally just using the GC controller since my friends do.

Though because I'm lazy I also made a control scheme with the Nunchuck where I just use the nunchuck and not the WiiMote, but you know that sucks since I can't block/dodge or grab. But you know it's kinda cool to play the game with 1 hand sometimes. :p

Top Bottom