• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What characters does Link do worst against?

Legan

Smash Lord
Link's worst matchups are the one's you dont have enough experience in. Nothing more, nothing less.
I really want to believe this but you can have all the experience in the world against a character but if you dont have a full proof way of beating it then youll just have alot of bad experience.

I'm afraid of fighting a godly Pikachu like Anther's...
Theres nothing in the world that could prepare you for anthers pikachu. Trust me

ArdeS

Smash Journeyman
I really want to believe this but you can have all the experience in the world against a character but if you dont have a full proof way of beating it then youll just have alot of bad experience.
ROB is a good example. I fight him a lot. I lose to him a lot. I hate ROB. ;)

Theres nothing in the world that could prepare you for anthers pikachu. Trust me
I've actually been watching a lot of his videos lately. He's beginning to inspire me to secondary as Pikachu along side my Snake. :chuckle:

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
Kirby's Cg does not go to 50 if you DI right...GaW is not a hard matchup imo...CG kill Link but you can overcome them.
So, am I supposed to ask Overswarm how to smash DI out of this or, do you know how? Like do you just hold tilt toward kirby and up while c-sticking in that direction or... B/C not taking 48-51% damage would be pretty Fing amazing.

Deva

Smash Lord
Well. . .I kinda meant experience as in how to play in the matchup too lol xD. And I've never found a fool proof way of beating anyone. Yeah, there's general strategies or playstyles to use against different characters, but when it comes down to it, it's how well you play against each player. It's just the more experience you have in a matchup, the better you do against a player of that character you've never played before.

Finns7

Smash Ace
I used to play Anthers pika/Lucario on wifi sometimes. He always would beat me by one stock, pika is hella annoying. Idk id rather fight a godly pika than a godly Falco or DDD.

One reason why I think my Link is good is because of my lil bro. Idk how intense Arkive/8bit, and deva/chips brawls are but as the little brother he is bent on beating me. After I conquer one character he uses another. The wierd thing is once he picks up a char he is pretty decent with them from the start maybe not knowing only some AT for that char, thus giving me an idea of how to fight that char and what moves work.

Deva

Smash Lord
We don't always have time for tournaments, so that's how we trained eachother, Chip and I learned how to use all the high/top tier characters effectively and trained eachother how to play against them.

ArdeS

Smash Journeyman
The only character my brother plays is Wolf. Nothing else. :freak:
He's alright, but he doesn't take the game seriously. For example, if I use my z-air recovery to guard the edge against his Up-B, he throws a fit and says it's cheap. "Hey, I practice for tourneys and this is how I have to play," I reply. But he doesn't really care.
The only way I get practice against other characters when I'm not at a tourney is online. Not that it's a bad thing; online is good for general education... ;)

jamus

Smash Apprentice
I wish my brothers were as competitive as you guys' bros...they don't like playing me that much because I nearly always beat them

But whenever I play my youngest brother he always uses the most cheapest tactics...like using pit, and then spamming arrows from the other end of final destination (he has actually won a couple of times doing this). He has no shame...just does what he needs to do to win.

Deva

Smash Lord
well, maybe he's the one you need to be playing against, whatever works against you can only make you better when you find ways around it.

lilmister

Smash Apprentice
ahh small bros...I have one who mains (well is trying to) TLink...he's not bad, but he spams his Dair waaaaaay too much and his usmash...every now and then i fall for these cheap tricks, but now he's so easy to anticipate. Lol I already made some good plays in my head..but gawd it's so annoying! Now that I look back on it I just wanna hit myself for falling for all his cheap spams!
Ok back to the real topic....Fox....I hate Fox...my friend uses him and when I'm falling towards the ground he's set up to do a dash attack. It's soo annoying! (of course I do airdodge every now and then to avoid it...but is still annoying nonetheless)

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Yeah my little bro (at 11) is as good as me but can't DI lol He plays Marth and Falco and Captain Falcon. Falco.... is fun to play as lol On topic, I still hate Falco. >_>

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
My sister plays with me sometimes, but she doesn't take it seriously, and she's decent. She mains Peach and Zelda btw. I'm curious to know how many female smashers are out there in the competitive tournament scene. I don't have a little bro:( but I've encouraged my friends to play better, more competively. Playing with my friends has become more challenging, but I know I can take my level of play to another gear if I can attend some tourneys and play better people. Playing OTL opened my eyes a little. lol @OTL: Hey man, we should brawl again sometime.

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
My brother plays Wolf, Peach, Ness, and Lucas. He is also ok with Sheik. I actually split the last time we played, GASP! I am actually the younger of the two, and I bounce around with the characters a lot more than he does.

What does everyone think of Peach versus Link? I think she is much easier to fight in Brawl than in Melee. (the dress owned my face, stupid thing turns you around and you can't chain recovery, qq) Of the characters my brother is really good with, I probably have the least trouble with Peach. Ness is pretty annoying, he had like a 32% damage combo with Ness' down throw+double fairs, but I probably could DI out of it. Anyways, Wolf is by far the most annoying, I am happy to split versus his Wolf lol.

Deva do you have any wolf videos, anywhere? Or any videos versus Sagemoon?

Oh, and I asked the Pikachu forum what they thought about Link, only 1 person responded. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=200612

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
I hate Olimar -.- so small, VERY long grab range and also no lag(Those programers must stop drinking) and with his stupid little pikmin.< _ <
I hate ****ing Olimar side-b spammers but when hes at a ledge that ***** is mine:chuckle: also At the air my Zair ***** him

4Serial

Smash Lord
VERY long grab range and also no lag(Those programers must stop drinking)
i agree, the brawl programmers were absolutely ********.

yeah pikachu is hard to fight.. anther's a beast.
but i counterpick pikachus with magikarp, i mean look at that magikarp over there beasting pikachu (possibly anther's).

i think magikarp also counters link who's with me

Top Bottom