• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What characters do you guys think will improve the most?

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
What Characters do you guys think will improve the most with the addition of the c-stick?

Last edited:

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Marth would most likely improve the most.

edit: Although with Sheik being able to easily and safely apply pressure with Fair and Bair will help a lot.

Last edited:

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Anyone that can dacus

Yoshi will be most improved by being able to use a GC control stick because it's so easy to suicide while throwing eggs at crazy angles with the 3ds controller. Same goes for jiggs and his pound. Basically anyone that needs to angle their UP B while in the air will improve a lot.

Last edited:

TL?

Smash Ace
I think marth will get a lot better. Every character improves with more precision, but marth gets a bonus for being precise.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Duck Hunt and RosaLuma come to mind.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
:4bowserjr::4jigglypuff::4luigi::4olimar::4pacman::4rob::4shulk::4villager::4yoshi:
These guys feel underused and underrated in the current metagame despite their solid gameplay. Would love to see more tourney play with these guys :D

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
I feel like Pac-Man will. Seems like he hasn't been used as much as you'd think despite having some good moves.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Anyone that can dacus

Yoshi will be most improved by being able to use a GC control stick because it's so easy to suicide while throwing eggs at crazy angles with the 3ds controller. Same goes for jiggs and his pound. Basically anyone that needs to angle their UP B while in the air will improve a lot.
For this reason I think Pikachu will improve a bit. Not by a whole lot since it only helps one of his moves (Quick Attack), but a general improvement like this will be felt across almost the entire roster, I think.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Three classes of characters will improve most with a gamecube controller imo. This is because the GC controller has a) more buttons, b) more precision, and c) the C-stick:

- Precise characters (Shulk, Marth, etc)
- Aerial mobility characters (Jigglypuff, Wario, etc)
- Technical characters, including DACUS users (Shiek, Duck Hunt, etc)

Last edited:

otter

Smash Ace
Samus.

Not really because of controls, she's just under rated right now. The only thing keeping her from top tier is an especially bad matchup against Rosalina.

Beard Hawk

Smash Apprentice
Samus.

Not really because of controls, she's just under rated right now. The only thing keeping her from top tier is an especially bad matchup against Rosalina.
I play as Samus. Samus' retreat jump is better than her forward jump because she tucks up into a ball, making her harder to hit when jumping backwards, so if we could jump backwards will hitting forwards, that might be good. But overall, I'm not gonna be buying a New 3DS just for that, it won't make a huge difference. There are some top Melee players who never even used the C stick for aerials. There are even some top players who use up on the control stick to jump!

Ultrashroomz

Smash Journeyman
Everyone :p

Though in all seriousness, Marth will benefit greatly with the c-stick.

Spirst

Everyone, for the most part. Being able to pivot smash more reliably and use OoS options will benefit a large number of characters.

:4greninja: RAR bairs will be another good approrach instead of SH nairs. Also will have an easier time hydropump gimping and minimizing accidental shadow sneaks.

:4jigglypuff: SH aerials/WoPs will be a lot easier to perform.

:4duckhunt: Projectile control and RAR bairs (it autocancels). Pivot fsmash will be a HUGE help in punishes as DH has a hard time KO'ing and the fsmash is generally unreliable.

:4megaman: Will be able to shorthop the megabuster with much more ease and wall other characters out.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
C-stick helps with retreating/spacing aerials (using them with precision), taking advantage of good aerial mobility, and performing Dacus, sure, but it also helps with general item play and performing a Boost Toss (assuming this is still a thing). Therefore I think Link is a big contender as he ticks all of the above except aerial mobility.
Peach and Toon Link are notable as well just because of their overwhelming focus on item play. While a character with a Dacus might do them a few times a match/stock, technical item play is the bread and butter of these characters and so they would be using the c-stick constantly.

Last edited:

Mettie7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mettie7
3DS FC
2191-8121-7929
Hard to say who. I think everyone will benefit, just some more than others.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Robin will have a hugely easier time smashing his aerials, say, doing a smashing Fair while jumping backward.

Los4Muros

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Los4Muros
3DS FC
2852-9328-5396
I think samus is a big candidate to have some upgrades. The staff that made the game claimed that she was the most used by the members so I thought she'd be amazing. But watching her surprised me when I saw that she got a few nerfs. She did get some upgrades, but this isn't enough to keep up with other characters.

Jabejazz

Smash Ace
NNID
jabejazz
3DS FC
2079-8507-3496
I don't see Samus having that much improvement with a C-Stick.

TripleD's pseudo chaingrab will definitely be easier to execute consistently with a C-Stick.

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
I think Falco will get quite a lot better with the GC controller, largely because controlling fast characters and shffing will be easier. I still think he's actually secretly pretty decent.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Robin's gonna have a field day with access to a C-stick. Levin aerials whenever we want them.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Peach omfg. Finally

I will be able to Fair while floating back at the same time
I will be able to quickly do Uairs while floating
I won't accidentally input Fair or Bair when I wanted to do a Dair while floating
I will be able to do a regular shorthop Dair (instead of shorthopping and quickly fastfall Dair to the ground like a ******)
I will be able to space aerials perfectly which is pretty much 99% of Peach's game
I will be able to use Usmash OoS consistently
I will be able to use her (reverse) Fsmash
I will never ever **** up lagless shorthop Fairs anymore. Although admittedly I can also do this one Fairly (HAHAHAHAHA funnyyyy) consistenly now too.

Zelda... probably won't profit much from C-stick. Dash > Fsmash will be easier, but other than that she is likely one of the characters who profits least from the C-stick.

Utena

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yurigod
Marth mostly.
retreating fairs + tippering

also Peach, and any other characters who live in the air.

Last edited:

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
I think WiiFit will get a lot from the c-stick. Their hitboxes are pretty narrow imo, the extra precision will be appreciated.
Falcon is getting a lot from the c-stick, though.

Beard Hawk

Smash Apprentice
Peach omfg. Finally

I will be able to Fair while floating back at the same time
I will be able to quickly do Uairs while floating
I won't accidentally input Fair or Bair when I wanted to do a Dair while floating
I will be able to do a regular shorthop Dair (instead of shorthopping and quickly fastfall Dair to the ground like a ******)
I will be able to space aerials perfectly which is pretty much 99% of Peach's game
I will be able to use Usmash OoS consistently
I will be able to use her (reverse) Fsmash
I will never ever **** up lagless shorthop Fairs anymore. Although admittedly I can also do this one Fairly (HAHAHAHAHA funnyyyy) consistenly now too.

Zelda... probably won't profit much from C-stick. Dash > Fsmash will be easier, but other than that she is likely one of the characters who profits least from the C-stick.
Damn, yeah, Peach needs the C-stick. Smash 3DS is the first smash game to feature peach without a c-stick (till the new 3ds comes out). I didn't consider how much she needs it.

LightLV

Smash Ace
Is bowser good in this game? Is he already considered good?

Okay, either way, Bowser. He's got some great tools this time around, and out of all of the visual remakes, he's my absolute favorite.

That should actually go to Ike, but since they ported all his animations over, he doesn't feel as awesome as he looks unfortunately.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So, being new to the competitive side of Smash, I never actually played with a C-stick. All of my experience before Smash 3DS was on Brawl with a Wii Remote.

Pikachu can retain his forward momentum while preforming a bair using the C-stick, right? Because that would be awesome.

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
Omg Peach needs the c-stick...its so difficult to be precise with her without it. Then palutena will get a nice boost from it so she can get precise hits with fair and bair. Then of course all the swordsmen in the game and greninja will get use for the c-stick.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
C-sticking capabilities will help out Robin so much with shooting Levin Sword aerials.

Top Bottom