• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What brought you to smashboards

LLDL

Smash Hero
It's not clear to me anymore how I got here. All I remember is watching bombsoldier vs ken finals for the first time without any prior exposure to advanced play, and i found this site, somehow, i think because of the phsychoticworm's online play tutorial linked me here.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Two friends of mine linked me here for matchups and AT's in brawl, but I mostly wanted to find tournies to go to.

CaptainRanD0

Smash Apprentice
when I first saw I Killed Mufasa I was like O_O

and of course I wanted to know how to move so fast

I found smashboards and then from there I noticed how amazing the community is here

:)

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
At first Melee ATs/rules.

And then Bawrl.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I was all like

"playing brawl with random people on wifi sucks, maybe I could find a place where I can find good people to play :D?"

and so I did

and wifi sucks

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
Well, during the hype days of Brawl, updates galore were entertaining to follow. I initially started following SmashBros.com during it's second day update (which I still remember, Link and Mario). At that point, I typed in random smash brothers based searches on Google, which eventually lead to me finding out about Smashboards. I was hesitant to join, but followed a close eye on discussion, hype, "leaker", and all things Melee!

The Jan 2010 join date implies that I was a nub-cake that followed solely for Brawl. I will admit, Brawl hype got me initially into Smashboards, but I then followed contributing to different sections, being involved in other games, discussing with others that loved the series. I'm happy to be a member of SWF and the general community. One of my few regrets was not joining earlier and contributing more significantly.
Yeah, right, 08er.

LOL
Remember when 'we' were supposed to destroy competitive value on SWF? Yeah, 08'ers found a new type of prejudice, far different from other new joiners of a specific year. Heck, you never see "I will never speak to 10'ers" signatures or any of the sort. But that's in the past, delicious, delicious past...

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I guess it was pretty much Barwl for me too.

But then within like, a week, I realized that Barwl wasn't as amazing as I initially thought and now I pretty much only either hack it or play it when my friends are stupid and refuse to play Melee.

And now I pretty much hang out solely in the Poké Center.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Remember when 'we' were supposed to destroy competitive value on SWF? Yeah, 08'ers found a new type of prejudice, far different from other new joiners of a specific year. Heck, you never see "I will never speak to 10'ers" signatures or any of the sort. But that's in the past, delicious, delicious past...
I remember lol. I was kidding though. It was a funny era.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Uh, found this place when i was about ten or eleven, I told my mom "I want to play in a tournament!"

Then around last year I found it once more, and joined :)

lol, I'm glad i never went to a tourny, I know i wouldnt do well now! let alone then.

gcubedude

Smash Apprentice
I think I saw a Brawl video on Youtube that had a link to this site. Or maybe it was a Melee video. Either one, I was amazed at the skill levels of the two players, so I checked out the site. I liked the way everything on this site looked and felt, so eventually, I created this account.

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
I remember reading an article about Super Smash Bros. on GameInformer.com. As I read through it, I eventually came across a link that said "Smashboards" and clicked it. And that's how I first met this wonderful site ^__^. Although, I din't join right away. After comtemplating it a little, I joined SWF a few months later after I found out about this site's existance ^__^. Such fond memories of when I first started here ^__^.

Anyways, Happy 10th Anniversary Smash World Forums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope to have 10 more good years with you all ^__^.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
They promised me candy and "a fun time", but all I ever got was a broken heart and one dark night I'll carry with me to my grave

Top Bottom