• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What basic element are you finding trouble implementing into your playstyle?

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
I've heard a lot about how people want to go back to the basics so I though I would ask you what problems are you having? Spacing, timing, button imput, accuracy, ect?

Yes I'm gathering data...

Tenki

Smash Hero
Accuracy/Spacing/Reading opponents/move variety D:

I need moar mindreads, need to stop missing so much, and stuff.

And I need to learn the spacing for D-tilt and U-tilt, and what to do to follow up out of a D-tilt, U-tilt, and F-throw.

Umby

Smash Master

And I need to learn the spacing for D-tilt and U-tilt, and what to do to follow up out of a D-tilt, U-tilt, and F-throw.
You should also stop being color blind.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose

Wait, are you really colorblind, or is memphis mindgaming me?

Also, this.

I need better mindreads; that's my #1 priority. After that, I guess it would be my accuracy with grabs.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Yeah I am colorblind.

I don't care what anyone says, I will ban Lylat on Snake.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Fighting other Sonics lol...

But seriously, I have to start changing up my defensive game. I always fall for tech chases

Napilopez

Smash Lord
I need to work on spacing mostly, and overall sloppyness.

Like for example doing a laggy running grab instead of a shield cancelled run grab because I made the input for the shield and the grab too quickly after one another.

or inconsistencies with Shffling Bairs.

DI and SDI. Those are two things I really never worried much about and need to start worrying about.

Oh. And perfect shielding. Seriously, we all need to perfect shield everything. Its harder to do online, but doable. Imma go on training mode , choose snake as my opponent, and hold A for snake. I shall perfect shield all of his jabs, lol.

I have been working more on by dtilt followups, so I'm glad with that.

I have to mix up my grabs more. I spam dthrow techchases, lol.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I am hijacking this and turning it into a KID gives advice thread.

Keeping pressure.
use down b more and get good at charging it fast. its good for when you knock people away, and wan to continue attacking

1.I need moar mindreads, need to stop missing so much, and stuff.

2And I need to learn the spacing for D-tilt and U-tilt, and what to do to follow up out of a D-tilt, U-tilt, and F-throw.
1. play against different people and play badly on purpose so that you can pay attention to them and see what they have in common, and learn to capitalise on those tendancies...
2. that only come with practice but in regards to a follow up, d tilt. follow with d tilt/grab at low %s and f/u air at higher percents. up tilt, VSDJ (they will NEVER expect it). f throw, you should only be using it if you know they are going to DI backwards, and in that case either up air or spring up air, i.e. the KID combo.
Spacing and Accuracy. Both of these I'm horrible at. :embarrass
you are only going to learn the spacing on your moves by using them more often. and when you space better,you are more accurate.
I need better mindreads; that's my #1 priority. After that, I guess it would be my accuracy with grabs.
look at my tenki advice, and make sure you shield cancel their grabs, and do a reverse grab everynow and then.
Combos.

O WAIT LOL.

No but seriously, it's my approach game that needs work. Serious work.
needs more SH f airs, seriously...
Fighting other Sonics lol...

But seriously, I have to start changing up my defensive game. I always fall for tech chases
lay on the ground and think about which way for about a half a second, it will throw them off, and let you think about options

I need to work on spacing mostly, and overall sloppyness.

Like for example doing a laggy running grab instead of a shield cancelled run grab because I made the input for the shield and the grab too quickly after one another.

or inconsistencies with Shffling Bairs.

DI and SDI. Those are two things I really never worried much about and need to start worrying about.

Oh. And perfect shielding. Seriously, we all need to perfect shield everything. Its harder to do online, but doable. Imma go on training mode , choose snake as my opponent, and hold A for snake. I shall perfect shield all of his jabs, lol.
look at my advice for super sonic.
underlined: yah, you really should get on that
And bolded for truth.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Landing killing blows...

...They ALWAYS come back...how?!
The wonders of appropriate DI. Or staled Kill moves D: =P

Seriously. Charge your F and Dsmashes, and release after the expected dodge or airdodge. The load-up time for these smashes is pretty bad, but the actual realease time from a charge is very quick. People fall into fully charged fsmashes wayyy too often XD.

One more thing about perfect shielding. It really is crucial for Sonic, because think, with Sonic's speed, we only need to perfect shield once or twice in order to get in an opponents face. I still say one of Sonic's best approaches is run+ perfect shield, lol.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Landing killing blows...

give them more damage.

that's the problem.

If everyone tried to kill with Snake's U-tilt at 70%, they wouldn't have much success, would they.

Same thing with Sonic.

kill later.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
jeez, i really dunno, I think i just need more experience against more characters. Im trying to learn everyone to help, but that only solves it partially, and I have to travel in order to find the closest smashers in Brawl. Godismyrock goes to college with me, but that's about it.
EDiT: No, I take that back, I just realized. the only real issue I probably have is spacing with the Dtilt, as in the spacing needed to trip. I havent really used it for that, but now Im practicing to do so, so that would be it.

Ditilt(trip) consistantly in matches.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Landing killing blows...

listen to tenki

TBH...knowing correct follow-ups for gr8 combos
you should do what i did when i was trying to find good air combos for kilik in SC, use your pop up move, and than do every possible option afterward and from there, see which followup is best
give them more damage.

that's the problem.

If everyone tried to kill with Snake's U-tilt at 70%, they wouldn't have much success, would they.

Same thing with Sonic.

kill later.
every time you think your f smash will kill them, give them two forward airs worth of damage. that will ensure your kill.

jeez, i really dunno, I think i just need more experience against more characters. Im trying to learn everyone to help, but that only solves it partially, and I have to travel in order to find the closest smashers in Brawl. Godismyrock goes to college with me, but that's about it.
EDiT: No, I take that back, I just realized. the only real issue I probably have is spacing with the Dtilt, as in the spacing needed to trip. I havent really used it for that, but now Im practicing to do so, so that would be it.

Ditilt(trip) consistantly in matches.
practice, repitition with the move is the only way that you will memorise the spacing. you can do this in training mode

Play with me more often, all I do is attempt combos.

:093:
you must be horrible at brawl than...

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
listen to tenki

Yes.

you should do what i did when i was trying to find good air combos for kilik in SC, use your pop up move, and than do every possible option afterward and from there, see which followup is best
Err...

every time you think your f smash will kill them, give them two forward airs worth of damage. that will ensure your kill.

Or grab, pummel 2-3 times then Up throw.

practice, repitition with the move is the only way that you will memorise the spacing. you can do this in training mode

Err...

you must be horrible at brawl than...
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=2772396

Tenki

Smash Hero
:laugh: 10seungminas

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
WTF are you trying to say

and F**k seungmina, literally
Nah, Err... just ment I learned something. And the up throw thing was me suggesting another way to gain % so your Fsmash kills.

And what's seungmina?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Does anybody have a list of %ages that if you throw your opponent up with Uthrow at what %age can you assault them with a Spring Jump to a Bair/Uair/Nair follow-up?

This would really help my game if I knew when do start going all DBZ on them.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Am I the only person that plays Voldo in Soul Calibur? He can fight AND BLOCK backwards. F*CKING BACKWARDS! Almost all of his attacks turn into combos!

Oh back to Sonic. I just need to play better people. I feel that I'm ready for da big times. There's like...2 other great players around me and I'm sick of just playing them. Needz more diversity. I also need to implant more SideB cancel mindgames.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
yes it is kinser
and how do i get pictures into my post?

http://www.sfondideldesktop.com/Images-Games/Soul-Calibur/Soul-Calibur-0002/Soul-Calibur-0002.jpg
http://fanboyopolis.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/seong_mina.jpg
http://mos.futurenet.com/resources/gamesradar/Soulboobs/SeongMiNa.jpg

shes grow up over the years lol

voldo sucks balls, (not really, hes actually really good from what i remember)
i **** him (that much is true)
Lol, all the chicks in SC4 got huge breast implants...even bigger from the 3rd one...some are just kinda creepy...(Ivy's are bigger than her head??)

Thank you for recognizing Voldo for NOT sucking ball sack. I've never played that game competitively though so I wouldn't know the matchup of SeongMina vs. Voldo. (She does **** though...very hard)

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
yes it is kinser
and how do i get pictures into my post?
Go to advanced options for your post then look at the second colum, the one with bold, wiki, underlined ect. Under the redo button there is a picture of a landscape with a sun, mountians and a yellow backgroud (the button is next to a speech bubble). Paste your links in there.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
I've heard a lot about how people want to go back to the basics so I though I would ask you what problems are you having? Spacing, timing, button imput, accuracy, ect?

Yes I'm gathering data...
This is the point ROOOOY!

Tenki

Smash Hero
And what's seungmina?
It's an item used in
passion parties.
Stay away from them seungminas.

That's also with Uthrow undiminished right?
Yes.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=164331

It's a pretty cool thread.

The 'setups' were mostly tested on computers a looong time ago, but they give you an idea of setups when your opponent DI's incorrectly, or not at all. There's a mini table of how to adjust them to character weights, but it's mostly just 'by thumb' when you try to apply it in-game.

Top Bottom