• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are you going to do as soon as you get Brawl?

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
You've just got home from your local game retailer and you popped you new shiny copy of Brawl into your Wii. Out of all the modes that Brawl has, what will you do first?

I will play a couple of 4 stock matches as Mario with computers that start at level 5, that I will move up if I think that level is too weak.

After that I will connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi and become that host of an online match. I will make the matches 4 stock matches. I will play as Mario and start kicking butt on Wi-Fi!;)

Moustachio

Smash Apprentice
Well me and my best friend are planning on having a 1 vs. 1 (Me Mario, him Fox), with five stock probably on Battlefield or Final Destination (if playable from beginning). It'll just be so epic to have a showdown with the new physics engine, since we are kind of rivals in Smash Bros. lol.

Mediator

Smash Journeyman
um i think i will go to bed....

march 08 im leaving work around 9:30 pm to drive 50 miles out o town and am camping in the 24hr walmart lol 'no one will prob. waiting in line but oh well' and then at 12:00 i am driving home with brawl, and after i read the manual I will go to sleep, get ready for church and indulge after church.

thats my plan stan

Cheeseknight28

Smash Cadet
Either tearing through SSE ridiculously fast with my brother, or going to versus and unlocking the characters from 5 or 10 or 15 matches.

Someguy13

Smash Cadet
I think the first thing I'll do is wi-fi. Then Classic. Then get some friends over and do some vs matches. Co-op SSE and event mode will probally be in there somewhere.

The Qu

Smash Apprentice
Play through Classic with Meta Knight, then the rest of the new comers to get a feel for how they play..

Motz55

Smash Rookie
I will probably sit down with my 5 year old son and play some games with him. He love Pikachu and I love Wario. I have been waiting for Wario since the first SSB came out. When they moved the release date to Feb. 10th, it was going to be my Birthday gift to myself. Then when they pushed it back again, I cried a little on the inside :(
Then we'll probably play SSE Cooperatively and see how far we can get together.
Mike

TheZeroOne

Smash Apprentice
I always play in Training mode first for every Smash Bros game so far. So I'm going to play in training mode first.

If theres a midnight release. I'll try to get some friends with me so we can like play into the night. Probably not though.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Very first thing will be a bit of controller customization. I'll probably want to make a few tweaks to the Wiimote + Nunchuk configuration (the one I plan on using).

After that though, a few minutes of training mode with Ike, perhaps afterwards some with Pit, to get the feel of them, then straight to classic mode with Ike to unlock Marth.

Then Marth vs level 9 Ike on Castle Siege. Can't pass that up.

Then probably do a quick Fox vs Fox match to unlock Ness (10 blaster shots vs deflector).

From there, more character unlocking basically. Thats my highest priority initially. Once I've got all the characters I can easily get outside of it, I'll move on to Subspace Emissary and enjoy.

Zevox

Aminar

Smash Journeyman
Run through classic w/ every character and every character I unlock. Then do target tests for them. sometime around 10 AM I'll start SE when my friend dave gets up. If I unlock every thing I can before he's up I'll start without him.

lookatthatbaconsizzle

Smash Journeyman
Yea, but we all plan on getting it on the same day, and unlocking everything on our own wii once we get it. lol
Heh heh same. My friend invited me over and told me I could play through SSE with him. I wasn't going to unlock characters on his console and not mine! Screw that!

deathborn00

Smash Apprentice
first thing i will do is go to my music and tinker with the songs to find my favorite songs and make them have a higher chance of playing on stages. Then i'll play vs. matches with my bro and sis until i use all the newcomers. Then co-op SSE, and go on to unlocking as many characters as i can before i go play with my friends.

umm....yeah i've had this on my mind for a while xD

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
Skip that entire week of class (at college) and unlock everything and become Optimus Prime before anyone else can.

Nah, seriously though- I see myself missing a day or two of class. Then prolly do wi-fi once i get the necesseties (stages/chars) and then versus w/ friends once we all get back from college for spring break or summer

True Fool

Smash Ace
Me and my brother will pound the game for secret characters first. Taking turns on classic, then some versus with all the characters we have, and finishing with SSE co-op.

Icarus Descent

Smash Ace
I wish I had someone to play with when I FIRST get the the game,but alas I only have my 4 year old baby brother.How will he play Brawl?!

Shuma

Smash Hero
Timed Battle Versus the CPU first with Mario, then With Samus, then with Bowser.

Kick *** in Wi-FI.

SSE.

Get ganondorf and or Wolf. Kick *** in Wi-Fi again.

Beat SSE

Wi-Fi, Wi-FI, Wi-Fi, Wi-FI Wi-FI....

Majora_X

Smash Cadet
Snap it in half and use the shards to cut Sakurai for not putting Skull Kid in. :(

Then probably a quick Kirby vs. Pokemon Trainer on Norfair.

Zodiac

Smash Master
I'll go eat breakfast.
what do you think people are going to say?
That you should play it and starve lol.

Me and yatta dante (if were in the same location) will probablly have a match first with Link vs Fox, because thats always what we do last when smashing melee. and if were not in the same location we'll have a wifi match close to the release of it. (Within a day or a few hours) And then I'll play SSE with Link first then with Marth. Then I will play SSE with pit and just enjoy the games with my friends and I'll just unlock everything as I go along. But when im not doing vs matches with my friends over wifi im going to be unlocking everything!

S2

Smash Lord
Probably spend all night playing nonstop.

The real question is what to do first, single player or multi?

Guess it depends on what my friends are up to.

pwnzorz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ABlackMage
3DS FC
0103-9129-9741
Complete Classic Mode on Easy. Unlocking Luigi.
Complete Classic Mode with a character on NORMAL mode unlocking Captain Falcon.
Play in practice mode, or VS.
Beat SSE.
Beat Event Mode.
Beat Target Tests.
Beat Multi-Man Melee's.
Play a lot of Wi-Fi.

pika-power

Smash Apprentice
I honestly do not know. I imagine I will just dive into SSE, following Mario, perhaps.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
Going through SSE with my friend. It'll be faster to get characters in subspace with some1 than if i do it alone. Then i'll focus on the small fry in classic and stadium mode. Make one quick stage to see how SB works, then go wifi till sundown.

Top Bottom