• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are some of your favourite ZSS combos?

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Here are some ones I like to do a lot:

DSmash > DSmash > USmash

DSmash > DSmash > Fair

DSmash > Bair (at about 110%+)

DFTilt (tripped) > DSmash > One of the above combos

And when I'm bored of using DSmash all the time:

UTilt > Uair > Uair

UTilt> Up B > USmash

noradseven

Smash Lord
d-smash,jabx2(at point blank), boost jump, jump u-air.
neutral air, f-air

Also Rob infinite lol, but thats kinda mean, so.

Also the last 2 arn't true combos, though up B > Usmash is pretty much guaranteed.

Negi Kun1

Smash Cadet
Pretty much anything with a Dsmash in it, although my favorite is Dsmash - Dsmash - uair, as I can still follow up with something else. I also like uair strings...a lot.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Any thing involving stringing together dash attack and jab combo.

Anything involving dtilt, preferably in tandem with above.

Anything involving Cake Combo.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Uair and up b (non spike) juggles, nothing is more satisfying.

Also, dsmashx2 side b. OHHH the damage

Also:

What the hell is this
**** that works, do the first one at high damage, and the second at lowish damage, the second one is tougher though, the first one is p. much guaranteed.

But you jump before they get launched up from the d-smash and hit them while they are moving up.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Any thing involving stringing together dash attack and jab combo.

Anything involving dtilt, preferably in tandem with above.

Anything involving Cake Combo.
Yeah dash attacks rule, and after them even I the jab hater like to use jab sometimes *gasp.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
**** that works, do the first one at high damage, and the second at lowish damage, the second one is tougher though, the first one is p. much guaranteed.

But you jump before they get launched up from the d-smash and hit them while they are moving up.
Oh heh I get it I thought you meant that huge thing was one enormous combo.

FK1

Smash Journeyman
...Dazwa is my new hero.

Favorite combo: dash attack -> dash attack -> dash attack -> off stage Fair.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
...Dazwa is my new hero.

Favorite combo: dash attack -> dash attack -> dash attack -> off stage Fair.
Not enough ZSSes use her dash attack enough. Its potential as a combo move is so underappreciated.

FK1

Smash Journeyman
Not enough ZSSes use her dash attack enough. Its potential as a combo move is so underappreciated.
It really is a great move..especially when you catch them in it right before the hit the ground.
You can do safely a few more times, usually.

I think a lot of people don't use it as much because it is totally predictable and very easy to shield grab. That's why I've started trying to ween myself off it. Lol.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
What. Dash attack is like the most spammed move by new ZSS players with the possible exception of side-b. lol

MY favorite combo is:

dash attack, dash attack, dash attack, dash attack, dash attack, dash attack, dash attack, dash attack, dash attack, dash attack, dash attack, dash attack, dash attack, dash attack, dash attack, dash attack, dash attack, dash attack, dash attack, dash attack, dash attack, dash attack, dash attack, dash attack, dash attack, dash attack, dash attack, dash attack, dash attack, dash attack, dash attack, dash attack, side-b

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
The one thing that makes me feel pro whenever I do it:

at high %s and when we're both in the air: uair(following them upwards) >upB while going down(they land on a platform and splat [teching or no doesn't matter]) >bair

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
dash attack, dash attack, dash attack, dash attack, dash attack, dash attack, dash attack, dash attack, dash attack, dash attack, dash attack, dash attack, dash attack, dash attack, dash attack, dash attack, dash attack, dash attack, dash attack, dash attack, dash attack, dash attack, dash attack, dash attack, dash attack, dash attack, dash attack, dash attack, dash attack, dash attack, dash attack, dash attack, side-b
Somewhat irrelevant, but this is all you really need to do in B+.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Somewhat irrelevant, but this is all you really need to do in B+.
Neutral air times N into spike is much better though, cause its a true combo :D.

My favorite ZSS combo is dash attack,turn around d-smash,head tap cancel, neutral air,run up jabx2,crouch cancel jabx2, up B,(hold back then forward down up, while spinning the C-stick in a circle *buffer it during the up B) then hit both L and R at the same time with B, for an ultra finish.

Hence

Smash Ace
My favorite ZSS combo is dash attack,turn around d-smash,head tap cancel, neutral air,run up jabx2,crouch cancel jabx2, up B,(hold back then forward down up, while spinning the C-stick in a circle *buffer it during the up B) then hit both L and R at the same time with B, for an ultra finish.
Now that's some tech skill you need to be commended for.

Backwards up air to back air, up tilt to plasma wire, jab x1 > forward tilt > down tilt, up air up air up air up air. :mad:

sasook

Smash Champion
^double post, XD

And I've seen Snakeee land that not-OoS. But yeah, it's kinda hard to land.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Nair1>dsmash>nair1>dsmash>dsmash>fair

That's for a midweight, on a heavy you can proly fit in one more nair1>dsmash. Basically learn nair1>dsmash cause that **** is amazing. Also if you happen to land a dsmash at low percents you have an nair setup that will do more damage than your typical dsmashx2>fair

Do any of the guys who were using nair before everyone else have any good setups for the attack? I was thinking maybe bair over their head to nair when you reach the other side but it seems really risky.

Lostwind

Smash Rookie
If I can DSmash the opponent off the edge of a ledge or platform while they are in the air...

DSmash > DSmash > Down B Kick > (Assuming they hit the ground without tech) Down Tilt, (If they don't get up behind you) B > Dash Attack

I also like to yank opponents out of the air with well timed Up B > Down Tilt > Try for a B or DSmash stun if they get up where I want them and continue

Hence

Smash Ace
Norad, I know this wicked cool zero to death combo.
The opponent can't tech, jump, airdodge, or attack for it to work though. Tell me if you'd like to learn my secret technique.

Smeh

Smash Cadet
The opponent can't tech, jump, airdodge, or attack for it to work though. Tell me if you'd like to learn my secret technique.
Haha. Sounds excellent ;)

noradseven

Smash Lord
I think I do, do you want me to just spell it out here or PM you, I don't want to spill the secret technique, my brother showed it too me its p. sw8.

sasook

Smash Champion
Do any of the guys who were using nair before everyone else have any good setups for the attack? I was thinking maybe bair over their head to nair when you reach the other side but it seems really risky.
Personally, I like to follow it up with dtilt, but one of my favorites for spacing would be:

Nair1 -> jab -> flipjump away -> grounded whip

You space sooo well with it. Looks kinda flashy too.

Oh and nair2 is win for unexpected-attack-award. Especially if you're being tech chased.

FUNKLAB

Smash Cadet
On heavier chars I love Dash attack-jabx1-dtilt-Uair-fastfall-UPB-Dsmashx2 if you've landed while they hit the ground, and then do of your choice. Sounds like a lot, but oddly enough I've pulled it off a number of times. Namely on DK's and D3's

Top Bottom