• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are some little tiny things that annoy you?

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Coughing to much, and becoming self-conscious about it during a test.

Also, thought this was relevant... There is this kid, he is two of my classes.. and whenever we get papers and pass them back, he gets one a rips it at the top. It takes a good 20+ more seconds than everyone else to get papers through our column, because they always try and make sure they don't get it. He places it in the middle normally so the people that have to deal with it don't know which of the kids in the front is doing it. Really, really funny when people get annoyed over it. It is such a small thing too XD

½NIÇK½FBM

Smash Apprentice
There's this group of girls at my school that randomly start singing really lame songs everyday at lunch. Not only that but they think they're good. It drives me nuts.

MBreeto

Smash Ace
There's this group of girls at my school that randomly start singing really lame songs everyday at lunch. Not only that but they think they're good. It drives me nuts.
Dude, i had the same problem. I seriously wanted to powerbomb all of them through the cafeteria table. My school also had the hallway carolers. **cringe**

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
um...i kind of didnt get that story. did he rip it and then give it to them?
He tears one in the stack, people argue over who did it and who gets the ripped one.

Senseless crime, but it is really funny if you know the kids. This kid does it on every paper, every day, in each of his classes. He also throws things, and NEVER gets in trouble for it. Everyone in the class accuses him of doing it, and the teacher says "If I ever catch you..." but she never does.

He also acts like he disbelieves everything he learns in school. He asks teachers to "Prove it" when we learn like.. mathmatical facts.

It is just funny to watch him rip it, pass it back, and then all the kids are like WTF!

It doesn't effect the paper enough for kids to like, look into it. It also may be a coincidence. It is a small little rip, right where it says DATE_______

I wrote all of that >_> Time to go to bed, gosh.

The Drifter

Smash Journeyman
I hate it when people take it out on you for having a bad day, subsequently ruining your day. Quit ruining my mojo!

battousai555

Smash Ace
When certain characters that were good in one game get completely nerfed in the sequel. Like Kirby in Melee, for example. Why not just buff the other characters instead of hitting everyone with the nerf bat!

People who wait for you to pick your character so that they can counter-pick you. AHHH!

People who tell me not to bite my nails.

People who don't know how/when to whisper.

People with no tact.

Getting a cramp just after thinking you're going to get a fast running time.

Cyndi

Smash Apprentice
Tell them they're all so awesome, they should try out for American Idol. Get them all enthused about it.

Then wait for the day they come back crying because they failed.

Now for something that annoys me......the Twilight fans who go insane enough to actually hit/punch/slap/ASSAULT someone that says they don't like the series. I think that's a little MUCH, and personally I don't see the appeal of vampires anyway. I'd much rather read Paolini's books involving dragons(which I know have haters of their own, but it's their opinion so they can hate it all they want.).

Seriously, keying someone's car because they don't like Twilight? WTF!

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
You know what?

It is a real pain in the *** to find women's fitted tees that aren't semi-transparent.

WTF.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Getting a cramp just after thinking you're going to get a fast running time.
THIS!

I was about to make my best mile time ever. Below 5:45 and I cramped up. It took me to the ground. I couldn't get up for like 10 minutes. It was spasming so bad.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Wow... I can relate so much to this.
I was in a Tie-Breaker in tennis.. Doubles... first to 7... we had 5 they had 6.. my friend Double Faults...

I was going to throw my god **** racket at him.
Something like that kinda happened to me today. I was hitting with three of my friends, we all play for high schools in the area. And my partner, watches a kick serve sail right by him for an ace of the last point. I was pissed off.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I hate people asking me for advice and then not listening to it and going and doing the complete opposite. Always ends in disaster, but the fools never learn.

That's why whenver anyone asks me for advice on stuff they may find important my only answer now is "I don't give a flying f*** what you do."

People are really good at wasting my time >__>

Sanu

Smash Champion
Whoops, posted my sig, sorry, instinct. Too used to sites not having dumb rules.
XDD. On that topic, sites that have nazi-like rules for ridiculous/near useless reasons really bug me.

The enforcement thereof is a joke too. Heck, the enforcement for some rules (cough SIGRULES cough) could easily be implemented via javascript. Recording the height/width of the user's signature-space, comparing it to the height/width of the individual's post-space and only allowing for the sig to display if the sig-space height/width are less than the post-space height/width. It's something that would take... 5-10 minutes to code.

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
XDD. On that topic, sites that have nazi-like rules for ridiculous/near useless reasons really bug me.

The enforcement thereof is a joke too. Heck, the enforcement for some rules (cough SIGRULES cough) could easily be implemented via javascript. Recording the height/width of the user's signature-space, comparing it to the height/width of the individual's post-space and only allowing for the sig to display if the sig-space height/width are less than the post-space height/width. It's something that would take... 5-10 minutes to code.
True.

I often find myself accidentally including sigs as well, and since I posted enough like that to get me banned once, I am more wary now.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer

Yes, because it's really that easy.
What if someone had a script blocker?
It wouldn't work.

On topic - People that assume bogus ****.

"OMG BLIZZARD I CAN CODE BETTER THAN YOU WHY ARE YOUR SERVERS DOWN SO MUCH BAWWWW"

As far as sigs go, we're working on getting rid of the 'auto-check' that happens every time you use "quote" or "quick reply."

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
If the site were entirely in our control, sure, we could code something like that. Too bad it isn't. It's just complicated as it stands right now. So, in the meantime, it's not too much to ask for you guys to make sure your post doesn't violate the rules. If you choose to violate the rules, we will enforce them. ;)

Plus, if anyone is running a script-blocker, it would suddenly stop working.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
when people don't close toothpaste caps, cereal boxes, jars etc when they're done...it should be common sense to do so ;0

Chaco

Never Logs In
The above person is OCD. Just kidding. :]

Anyways, when you give a friend advice and they don't take it. UNTIL they hear it from someone else. That annoys me. T-T

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I hate how some people don't know how to use google to solve simple problems. Sure the results you might get might not be 100% accurate but more often than not a simple google search can provide the answers you need especially if it's a common problem.

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
Hooray for Kimura!

I'm annoyed when some place is excessively dirty. I really don't mind messiness, but dirtiness is another story.

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
Well, my roomate FARTS a lot. Loudly. XD

And he never properly washes my cast iron after he cook with it >=(

MBreeto

Smash Ace
Well, my roomate FARTS a lot. Loudly. XD

And he never properly washes my cast iron after he cook with it >=(
lol, my roommate farts too. But when he finishes, he makes this little sigh, as if he accomplished something special.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
i hate restaurants that are more expensive than other restaurants and dont taste as good and you get smaller amounts of food.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I hate the fact that a single Krystal (the south's version of White Castle) cheeseburger costs the same as a McDonald's double cheeseburger (it takes 4 Krystal burgers to equal the size of a Mcdonald's double)
Dude I know.

It's ********, plus white castle is better than Krystal

battousai555

Smash Ace
People who type "shuffle" instead of "SHFFL." I always want to ask said people what the "u" and "e" stand for, rofl.

People who are too dull too understand my humor.

chuckyj100

Smash Apprentice
i hate little kids on heelys that fall down, break an arm, start cring, and the mom sues the store for havin to slick of floors. And in the end the store losses the law suit :(

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
People who type "shuffle" instead of "SHFFL." I always want to ask said people what the "u" and "e" stand for, rofl.

People who are too dull too understand my humor.
It's what you Americans did to the English language. It's been put in it's phonetic form.

But hey we all have our personal gripes right? Lol.

i can lyk waivdash lyk 1 out ov 10 times so i think i can beet m2k lol scurbbb n00b gtfo!

Top Bottom