• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are some little tiny things that annoy you?

Bakithi

Smash Apprentice
It annoys me when people can't use grammar on the web, and they say "lol" every other word. >:|

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
girls are mad annoying
theyre obsession with their weight...
and how they would get mad at you and never tell you why and then when they do tell you after like 4 years they realize it was a mistake and they shudda never been mad at you.
playing hard to get
how it takes them 3 hours to get ready

i dont even know why i even bother with girls

actually nvm, they make up for everything annoying they do at the end of day

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I really can't stand it when women paint their nails freaking long or wierd colors. ( I have seen one instance were one painted hers yellow, I wanted to scream "hey lady, did you forget to brush your nails today?") It annoyed me to see women paint their nails but after seeing so many of them doing it I don't know how I got used to it at a certain level but I did.

D

Deleted member

People who spell plural nouns with a Z

Hey little girlz it's time to buy bratz babiez now with thong diaperz!!

Atticus Finch

Smash Rookie
I really can't stand it when women paint their nails freaking long or wierd colors. ( I have seen one instance were one painted hers yellow, I wanted to scream "hey lady, did you forget to brush your nails today?") It annoyed me to see women paint their nails but after seeing so many of them doing it I don't know how I got used to it at a certain level but I did.
Oh yeah, that's definitely annoying. You know what's worse? Little preteen girls that still think being "different" is cute, by wearing non-matching clothes... or socks that go up to their knees.

Actually all little preteen kids just annoy me.

pillsbury552

Smash Apprentice
Let me think.....

My sisters, rude people, people who murder grammer ( I do sometimes as well ) People who are big fat liars and just about anything that's loud.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
Just thought of another thing.

Whenever you look at the Youtube comments, and you good comments with negative points and/or marked as spam. Some people do this by accident, but even then it's still annoying as hell.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
Videogame related annoyances!

-When your parents tell you to "Sign off there." when it's time for dinner or something. Sign off? "Come on, sign off your wii and eat." It annoys me so much, it isn't even funny.

-Blasting aliens. Any reference to kids playing games these days will say something like, "So stop blasting aliens and check out the scenery!"

-When it is assumed that kids play video games non-stop. I saw this add not long ago for some vacation place. It showed these two kids on vacation with their parents doing nothing but playing portable games, saying that the place will get them interested and make them stop playing. What really got me was when it showed them on this little rowboat in an exotic river, and the kids were just playing handheld games. Do people seriously think that anybody would do that? It's absolutely ridiculous to think that kids play video games while doing other things like that. Whoever honestly believes that a child would continue playing their DS while boating down a river in the jungles of asia deserves to be shot.

Eriatarka

Smash Journeyman
When people quote themselves in their sig..

I was going to change my signature to a quote of me saying 'I hate when people quote themselves in their sig', but the irony could have been near-fatal.

Marty

Smash Apprentice
actually nvm, they make up for everything annoying they do at the end of day
This was an interesting turn of phrase to use.

Anyway:

Any and all non-ironic uses of the word "lol".

What does that EVEN MEAN ANYMORE? It's the new ok. That's what it is. It's the word people use when they don't know what to say - but they want you to know that they're wise to the situation.

"Man, my dog really stinks today"
"lol"

I know you didn't laugh. Why would you lie to me like that? You're a jerk.

Especially when it's used at the start AND END of a sentence.

"lol i woke up at 12 today lol"

I ju- words, words you truly fail me.

----

Weeaboos.

Jerks who go around sporting hello kitty anything and everything, butchering what little grasp of Japanese they've accumulated from listening to weeks of Japanese anime dialogue.

The worst part is the HUGE level of self-importance a lot of them seem to carry because they've "shed the oppressive shackles of this ultimately inferior western society" and are into the "more refined tastes" of the world. All of which essentially means that they've seen Battle Royale a bunch of times and cried at the shameful dialogue.

----

Arbitrary Japanese company (and it is usually Japanese) release schedules.

Remember E3 a little while ago? Remember RE5, when some developer type said (through a translator) "A WORLDWIDE SIMULTANEOUS RELEASE" whilst a box flicked up and said "Japan: 12th Marth, World: 13th Marth". Whoa whoa whoa. Hold up there cow boy. I don't know which backwater school you went to, but IN THIS WORLD, simultaneous means AT THE SAME TIME. If they're not at the same time - it's not simultaneity. This is not something you can pick and choose about. This is fact.

Seriously though, how unbelievable unnecessary. I don't even care about RE5, but it's mind boggling.

----

The fact that EARTHBOUND has STILL not seen a western VC release.

This would cost NOTHING do facilitate.

Zero.

But still, they don't. Why? Why, Nintendo? Do we not deserve it? Have we not lined your pocket books sufficiently yet? What's the price tag?

WHY.

----

Women for "equality".

You know the ones I mean. If you're a man. You already know the ones I mean. The ones who chant about equal opportunities, and the intolerances, and the injustices. But you know that in the back of their minds, they just want to swap a "p" for an "m" in the grand patriarchal scheme of the world.

----

Gamer ****s who steal video games.

If you steal video games, you cannot then (with the other hand) claim to support the video game industry. I don't care if "waaaaah games are too expensive". Boo hoo. Get jobs and earn the right to play games that kids 10 years ago would've died to play. Stealing a game is a big **** you to the developers and all future projects. This is non-negotiable. Pay for the games you play. A lot of these types also try to reason "one person doesn't make a difference" - No. You'd like to think it doesn't.

God**** this generation is completely spoilt.

Foxtrotter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
msfoxtrott
When people automatically assume that somebody on the internet is male. *headfloor*

Pink-eye

Smash Apprentice
i hate smacking (loud chewing)

one thing that annoys me is when people touch my stuff with their feet, for example (when i played my gamecube) it would be on the floor, and ill tell someone else to turn it off (my friends or someone cause they're closer) and they use their big toe, it just gives me chills, and completely changes my mood from normal to really irritated, i dont know why, but it does.

i also hate feet touching me, i will ****ing hurt you if you rub your feet on me.

...and also, if im watchin tv, or playin games or anything, and i see feet in my periphal vision, i cant do anything until they are out of my site, they distract/annoy the crap out of me. i will cover others people feet with blankets sometimes, cause it annoys me that much.

also when some one wipes their hands or some thing on my shirt to dry them off or to wipe something off, i get so pissed, no matter what mood i am in, i will get some mad, i want to (and sometimes do) punch them as hard as i can (just typing about it pisses me off)

also when someone rubs a broom or somethin on me, cause thats just gross and annoyinh as ****.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
flamboyant guys really annoy me
Can you enlighten me as to what flamboyant means, I have seen the word before but I feel terrible forgetting it...you know thinking about it, if flamboyant means forgetful he/she is going to kill me. (ouch)

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
ZOMFG! I just saw that commercial. Anyway my pet peeves.

Johners. NO JOHNS!!

People who don't spell correctly. No, I'm not a grammar Nazi.

Small children who can get away with anything. **** you.

Yaoi of Link and Marth. It's not yaoi if it's Marth. Marth is a girl. I hate yaoi by the way.

People thinking I'm automatically a girl of a f*g because I have really long hair. C'mon! It's hair!

Fangirls who won't shut up and stop using Japanese in english sentences. I wish I could speak Japanese but I'm not going to put it in my sentences.

Anyway, I've spent too much time in the pool room. I need to get back to the Link boards. It was fun though.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
-Any Olive Garden commercial. The only thing good there is the breadsticks. And this "Family Tradition" of passing things to the right; that makes me wanna punch someone right there.
-Matthew McCoughnahey or however you spell his last name. Enough to induce vomiting, that one.
-Wendy's commericals, now, too. They got the logo moving, which looks extremely fake, thanks. And when she says "good-good?" one that one commercial, I feel my brain cells ofing themselves.
-The fact that government can mandate the digitalization of TVs and force us to buy boxes for them, while they force all peple to have high-speed internet.
-Which leads me to slow internet. This fails so much...YouTube must have changed something, because before it'd take me an hour to fully load a minute-length video, and then I'd go back to play it, and it's usually be fine, save for the random cutoff in the middle. Now if I go back to play a video I thought was fully loaded, it only begins to load from that point, playing a 2-second clip, and then reloading the next 2 seconds. So I have to wait nearly ten minutes for four seconds. And downloading 2 songs at once? If I want my computer to crash, okay then.
-That, and when Family Guy is overplayed. I like the show, but then I see too much memorobilia, and it's enough already. Or when people go so far to say some part is "awesome" when all that "awesome" part was meant to be was a stupid-humor fart joke or something.

Aleol

Smash Journeyman
When anyone says, "______ people can't _______ because they're not _______"

Fill it in with whatever you like. Everyone says it for one thing or another. It annoys

I like Wendy's.... but yeah their commercials are kindof annoying

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
The commercial for that new Carivan. It pushes "Bringing families together." So it shows a family sitting around doing nothing. Then, they go for a ride in the new Carivan. First, it shows them watching movies, and the kid HAS HEADPHONES ON! Because as we all know, the best way to bond with your family is to completely tune them out, right? Then, it shows the family sitting down at a flip-up table playing cards. Fair enough, but why can't you do that in your own home? You know, without wasting the gas?

Really, I'm fine with things that enforce family bonding, but this commercial does it in all the wrong ways.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
I know this is a common one, but oh well.

Canker sores. I FRIGGIN' HATE THEM.

That was my top-of-the-list annoyance. Now for another.

I hate how sometimes when I start up Melee, I have to go to the menu and then go back, and then repeat it fifty-billion times just to get my favorite menu music, Menu 2, to start playing. What's even worse is whenever you finally get it, but you're so used to pressing back that you actually go back when you finally have it.

Hmm... Okay, another one I just now thought of while I was typing.

SWF spellchecks "Melee." I hate that.

D

Deleted member

My dad's computer, which I'm on right now. It's slow as hell. Plus, this is a brand new computer.

M.K

Level 55
Arrogance.

Poor narration on TV for sports. I don't want to hear corny jokes by some fat old man talking about how much some player sucks.

Brett Farve. What a douche.

L__

Smash Master
-People who spell things incorrectly.

-People who have poor grammar. I don't care where you're from or how long you've been learning English; I can't stand them. In other words; SHOO.

-People who shake in their chairs.

-People who think they are funny

-People who criticize Death Note

-Illogical arguments

-Cigarette smokers

-Smokers in general

-People who act ghetto

-People who are elitists

-Chuck Norris jokes

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
People that stutter, dogs that bark way too much, those horrible looking toe-socks, mosquitos, striped shirts, farting/burping jokes, people who smell, and the bumps on the "j" and "f" keys.

Top Bottom