• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What’s an “impossible” idea for a platform fighter you like?

AlRex

Smash Lord
Either by its gameplay concept, licensing, being too broad, or some combination of these or other factors.

I think a general Video Game All-Stars/Celebration of Gaming History one would be cool, but it’s an example of licensing being an issue. Same perhaps with a variant of this being characters representing different video game styles, either with the actual characters or pastiches, much like the fangame Super Clash Bros. But that might be too ambitious for its own good, and of course, inherently unbalanced. Plus said fan game only has one developer, hence why it’s taking so long even more so.

A general “Pop Culture Clash” roster with comics, cartoons, anime/manga, movies, TV, books, video games, and other media would be cool, but again, licensing. Fortnite gets close, but in a different genre, and mainly with just skins and other limitations to it. LEGO Dimensions also flopped. And again, the “mass crossover of everything” has become a bit overdone and massively corporatized.

Any other thoughts or ideas? I’d be interested to see!

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Sonic Vs. Mega Man.

Not possible, because the only reason for the last time they fought was because Archie (who Sega later cut ties with) happened to own the comic rights to both and the writer wanted to make it happen. That's a once-in-a-blue-moon type deal, like the Kingdom Hearts elevator exchange. I don't think there's any real reason Sega would want to make a crossover fighter right now, and if they did, it would either be just with Sonic or more of a Battle of AGES thing.

However, if it did happen, the roster would be awesome. Might make one soon.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Honestly? An Image Comics fighting game of, like, almost any kind. I think this is probably in a weird gray area in that I don't think it'd be impossible, but given all Image characters are creator-owned, it might be a bit of a headache getting everyone on board, especially since there might be some other licensing issues with other characters/franchises that've had involvement with other publishers (Kick-Ass springs to mind, originally being a Marvel publication before moving to Image.)

Even so, I still think it'd go so incredibly hard to see some of Image's most iconic characters go head to head. Even if Spawn would trounce all of them.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
i had 2 ideas
Disney vs Warner bros platform fighter
Warner bros made Multiversus and sora is in smash so what if we get we get platform between these 2 companies in 1 game seems like licensing nightmare but would be worth it
Another idea is Pokémon vs Digimon platform fighter
Digimon already has a platform fighter which is Digimon rumble arena and many Pokémons are already in smash so I do think a crossover between these 2 franchise would be crazy as they never crossover before

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
A Movie platform fighter

While Smash is a Video Game platform fighter,it came an idea of a Super Smash Bros with movie characters,in my head it could be cool a fighting game of Godzilla VS Jason Voorhees VS John Wick VS Darth Vader on a Matrix stage

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
A general Console Wars game (remember we had a creates thread for one). Smash is great but will always lean on the Nintendo side. Think wed be lucky to get 1 Sony rep let alone bringing in multiple iconic characters. Plus there are other areas like pc gaming in particular that feel like they could be in the same boat.

txhy8

Smash Cadet
Nintendo vs etheir Shonen Jump, Disney, Nick, or Wanner Bros

Sadly this is impossible to happen but Imagine Mario, Link, Pikachu, and Kirby going up against stuff like Spongebob, Mickey Mouse, Goku, or Bugs Bunny just because their not allowed to be in Smash doesn't mean they shouldn't be allowed to be crossed over elsewhere

Last edited:
Top Bottom