• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Westeros Mafia - Night 6 - ENDGAME - THE NORTH REMEMBERS

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I'm getting flak for sending messages to people... I was trying to set up PMs with some people in an attempt to make up for my loss of Natz who was the one that went around talking to the players. I messaged Nabe only because I didn't want to make claims about Nabe to Bard, who approached
me, and not give them to him myself in case Bard reports something different.
You tried to get me lynched day 1 along with Cori.

Still right now I got nothing against you just trying to get maven lynched so I can cut numbers down.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
You tried to get me lynched day 1 along with Cori.

Still right now I got nothing against you just trying to get maven lynched so I can cut numbers down.
Can you help me figure out the House situation? Do you know which people are unaccounted for if any?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Ryu, Coricus. I wanted to be friends with you guys, why would I make you potentially hate me more by killing an ally, especially after aiding in Kon's lynch already when I was ignorant of the connection?

No. I've been playing defense since the start of the game.

Besides, if I were to kill someone from the Lannisters, it wouldn't be Z25, it would be Nabe, who has actually been the one playing during the Day.
All of this has been addressed in a previous post, but:

Naturally, almost every house seems to have the win condition that they can only win with one other house. If you wanted to be on the good side of Ryu's house, killing off another Lannister would put you in a better position to be a likelier ally going into end game.

Riddle me this: Moydow's house as well as my own house were on Nabe's side going into the night; we clearly voted for the opposition and not LoneKonWolf. We therefore carried their favor coming into the day phase; the Lannisters had shown no known opposition to my house nor Moydow's. What reason would they have to kill Z25? From Moydow/Maven's perspective, it would make more sense taking aim at someone who was more likely to be a threat to them.

For all we know, Z25 was killed by a White Walker. This potential enemy to all is my only interest right now.

What House is yours, Bard?
Not to border the show too much, but the white walkers don't exist in this game (probably) based on my knowledge of the teams. The only team that would reasonably consist of White Walkers would be your house, but that's only because I haven't seen a flip from either you or Natz. It's pretty much just not in the spirit of the game I think to have White Walkers; even Littlefinger, the prime independent, could win with someone else. White Walkers seem like they just straight up want to kill everybody, lol.

I'm also a bit surprised you're calling me untrustworthy Bard, your messages to me last Night claimed that you were not interested in taking issue with me unless I infringed upon your house, which you didn't consider my tie breaker votes as. You were actually quite amiable. Now you're accusing me of killing a Lannister overnight and that I am now a threat to you?

You're the one whose word doesn't seem to mean much in opinion. But I don't care. All I care what the Houses are for the players so I can vote for anyone that doesn't fit in.
It's simple: you said that you would put up your defenses, and yet Z25 died. It wasn't Vaan, and there's no other team but yours that has the incentives and motivations to do this. Combined with the watch result, I don't think you have much leg room to maneuver as the killer. Your word can't be trusted, and since my house can only win with 1 other team, I would rather win with a team I can reasonably trust at their word.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Bard. What is your House? If anyone else knows it, please tell me now.

I talk about finding a White Walker after the hosts clearly hint at their existence.

Bard changes his stance on me afterwards and tries to lynch me.

Bard ignores me question about his House and now not only says there isn’t a White Walker but now says both me and Natz are likely it even though we are the Tyrells and ravens have been seen to and from us proving it.

You are looking really suspect to me right now, Bard. Someone please tell me his House?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Vote: Natz

Rather clear out the NPC first, then consider how we want to deal with Holder. Like Bardull has been saying, my house had nothing to gain from targeting Z25. And I can't currently see anyone else as having done it. I don't buy the idea of the White Walkers existing; given my current understanding of the makeup of each team, there's just nowhere for them to fit in.

Plus I'm not going to just sit here while Holder targets my partner in a free-for-all situation, but that's stating the obvious.

Maven89

Smash Master
I also don’t think Holder believes that at all and is just trying to deflect from getting his NPC rol blocker killed

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I also don’t think Holder believes that at all and is just trying to deflect from getting his NPC rol blocker killed
I brought it up before any of us were even voted for.

Unless you then you think I was anticipating that I’d get accused, in which case why would I even do it in the first place if itd have to be me?

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
All of this has been addressed in a previous post, but:

Naturally, almost every house seems to have the win condition that they can only win with one other house. If you wanted to be on the good side of Ryu's house, killing off another Lannister would put you in a better position to be a likelier ally going into end game.

Riddle me this: Moydow's house as well as my own house were on Nabe's side going into the night; we clearly voted for the opposition and not LoneKonWolf. We therefore carried their favor coming into the day phase; the Lannisters had shown no known opposition to my house nor Moydow's. What reason would they have to kill Z25? From Moydow/Maven's perspective, it would make more sense taking aim at someone who was more likely to be a threat to them.
Amazing. So basically what we are saying here is that even if you’re going to be in a team with another House, that is enough incentive to kill them still.

Then why isn’t literally anyone else a suspect if even being associated with a House isn’t enough of a reason to care about them?

I’ve shown no opposition to you but your ‘belief’ that I killed someone on another team is enough for you to try and kill me.

People are literally voting Maven to shorten the number of players, it is very clear to all that no one needs a strong reason to kill anyone in a FFA.

This argument that it had to be me because I considered Kon worthy of dying in a tiebreaker situation where it had to be him or someone else is blatantly false. Even if it was true, it’s actually a reason for someone other than me to kill Z25. They can easily pin the blame on me and get away with it. Right out the gate you dropped this case on us, it wouldn’t surprise me at all that this is your doing.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I brought it up before any of us were even voted for.

Unless you then you think I was anticipating that I’d get accused, in which case why would I even do it in the first place if itd have to be me?
If the potential for white walkers was so important, you would have been more focused on them sooner and you wouldn't have just thrown your vote down on Maven right at the start behind Red Ryu.

It's only now that they're becoming more of a central point to your contributions when the Natz NPC is in peril.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I find it extremely unlikely the mod would post a white walker gif to out that there’s a white walker faction
Then why would they do it?

Why would there be a title referencing that.

Why would Red point to that in response to me asking about why White posted the gif, saying he also changed the title, connecting the two.

He also said he ****posys in contrast you white, so white isnt ****posting.

Clearly looks like a hint to me.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
This argument that it had to be me because I considered Kon worthy of dying in a tiebreaker situation where it had to be him or someone else is blatantly false. Even if it was true, it’s actually a reason for someone other than me to kill Z25. They can easily pin the blame on me and get away with it. Right out the gate you dropped this case on us, it wouldn’t surprise me at all that this is your doing.
I voted to keep Nabe alive and actively campaigned for it. I had no quarrel with the Lannisters; what need do I have to kill Z25?

You're basically saying I killed Z25 in order to pin the blame on you, but with so many houses left, why would I turn against an ally that I am invested in on N3? It would have been of more benefit to me to have killed members of your house instead while retaining relations with the Lannisters.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
You wouldn't have been able to kill any of my House, both me and Natz were protected. Our House's abilities lend themselves to defense much more than offense, there's zero reason why I would compromise this defense to attack someone in a House that has yet to try and do anything to me. And you said you are invested in the Lannisters for whatever reason, but they are also a House that would potentially be a part of an alliance that I sent a raven to? I have incentive, MOTIVATION, to not do what I'm being accused of. And there is no proof of the act.

You say it would have been better to attack me?

Well I can say this: it would have been far better to attack someone that would have been against the alliance I was trying to join and not in it.

Red Ryu and Coricus can attest to the raven I sent to them.

There is proof that I have incentive to NOT attack the Lannisters.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
If the White Walker hint means anything at all, it would be most likely to be an ability to cause a bit of chaos rather than an actual faction. And the most likely player with that sort of ability would be Coricus, whose fire-guy God would welcome new followers based on false ice-guy FUD. See also the thread title, which is something that Coricus' character says every other line in the show. It's probably meaningless.

If we're even considering the existence of a White Walker faction, which I'm not, then the most likely House would be Bard, with Stark (the Northern house) as a fakeclaim.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
You have no grounds to say you were invested in Nabe and say that my investment is somehow invalid. It's hypocritical.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
If the White Walker hint means anything at all, it would be most likely to be an ability to cause a bit of chaos rather than an actual faction. And the most likely player with that sort of ability would be Coricus, whose fire-guy God would welcome new followers based on false ice-guy FUD. See also the thread title, which is something that Coricus' character says every other line in the show. It's probably meaningless.

If we're even considering the existence of a White Walker faction, which I'm not, then the most likely House would be Bard, with Stark (the Northern house) as a fakeclaim.
THANKS FOR LETTING PEOPLE KNOW I'M A STARK, NABE! :mad:

It's within my house's benefit to remain decentralized, so of course I wouldn't reveal my members or my house.

But yes, I'm a Stark. Greetings from the North.

You wouldn't have been able to kill any of my House, both me and Natz were protected. Our House's abilities lend themselves to defense much more than offense, there's zero reason why I would compromise this defense to attack someone in a House that has yet to try and do anything to me. And you said you are invested in the Lannisters for whatever reason, but they are also a House that would potentially be a part of an alliance that I sent a raven to? I have incentive, MOTIVATION, to not do what I'm being accused of. And there is no proof of the act.

You say it would have been better to attack me?

Well I can say this: it would have been far better to attack someone that would have been against the alliance I was trying to join and not in it.

You sending a raven to Red Ryu and Coricus does not at all prove that you had no incentive to kill the Lannisters. :glare:

Anyway, my vote stays; I have to head off to work.

#HBC | Nabe

But we're not allied, and Coricus went out of his way to lynch a member of my House when we were.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
But we're not allied, and Coricus went out of his way to lynch a member of my House when we were.
But during the Night, when actions such as Attacks would be sent, you were. So what is your point?

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
We all were informed that you two broke off after the attack, not before.

So during the Night of the crime, I had incentive to not weaken the position that I was trying to get into.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I figured the thread title just referred to the manner of Vaan's death. Since we all know Vaan died to the shadow baby, which originates from Melisandre, who is the character behind that quote. I don't think it means anything.

The gif is weird, but it'd seem like pretty poor play on the hosts' part to intentionally move to weaken any team's position by throwing out hints like that; the hosts are meant to be impartial, after all. I don't think it means anything either.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I figured the thread title just referred to the manner of Vaan's death. Since we all know Vaan died to the shadow baby, which originates from Melisandre, who is the character behind that quote. I don't think it means anything.

The gif is weird, but it'd seem like pretty poor play on the hosts' part to intentionally move to weaken any team's position by throwing out hints like that; the hosts are meant to be impartial, after all. I don't think it means anything either.
Then why aren't they stepping in and saying, "Oh that had nothing to do with the game, just White having fun with gifs."

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Eh I need step away from this for a while.

Getting very successfully framed for a murder without proof and then being alone on this White Walker thing.

All ravens failed, Natz is gone, I'm all on my own. No one has any reason to defend me. I'm an easy lynch target.

I'm getting a little tilted and that means I shouldn't be on the computer typing.

This is a game after all, which is about fun. Later ya'll!

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I assumed he just wanted a game of thrones reaction image.
Hosts have to know that everything they say / do is open to scrutinization for clues. Based on the idea, my natural inclination is to believe that it could be relevant.

That being said, with my limited knowledge of the series, I have a hard time believing that both white walkers and vaan would coexist in a game. That leads me to believe that it may be a reference to an ability like Nabe suggested.

#HBC | Nabe

We all were informed that you two broke off after the attack, not before.

So during the Night of the crime, I had incentive to not weaken the position that I was trying to get into.
I don't know what attack you're talking about, but I told you when you PM'd me that the Vaan-funded betray had happened, and that was before the Z25 kill.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I'd just like to point out Wolfie edited his post. Now, I'm not saying double standards are wrong but well you know.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Hosts have to know that everything they say / do is open to scrutinization for clues. Based on the idea, my natural inclination is to believe that it could be relevant.

That being said, with my limited knowledge of the series, I have a hard time believing that both white walkers and vaan would coexist in a game. That leads me to believe that it may be a reference to an ability like Nabe suggested.
I mean maybe white walkers could be in this but I don’t really see that being a thing since they weren’t really in season 1 outside of a tease at the very beginning of the book/series.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Holder of the Heel Holder of the Heel

Just curious, but who do you claim to have targeted with Natz’s roleblock the N3 if not Nabe? I don’t think it’ll change my vote, but I’m interested in hearing the answer nonetheless.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I'll drop the whole White Walker thing, there's no point talking about it if I'm the only one that considers it. And I acknowledge my ignorance as to who is who and am aware others are privy to the claims of the players and I guess I'll just trust that.

Holder of the Heel Holder of the Heel
I don't know what attack you're talking about, but I told you when you PM'd me that the Vaan-funded betray had happened, and that was before the Z25 kill.
Of course I am talking about the attack on your partner's life, Z25.

No you didn't. You said Vaan can cause betrayals in alliances he is not in and I asked you how you could know that and you just said it's all true.

I had believed you were with the Baratheons all Night and you did not tell me otherwise.

Just curious, but who do you claim to have targeted with Natz’s roleblock the N3 if not Nabe? I don’t think it’ll change my vote, but I’m interested in hearing the answer nonetheless.
Nope. I targeted him with Natz. Didn't know who to target with it so I just did what Natz did Night 2.

It's a jail, not just a block.

We've been protecting him for two Nights now. Yes of course the block served the purpose of also being defensive on my part, just in case, but it has no connection with Z25's death.

And yes I've been reluctant to mention this because of ****ing course his partner dies during the Night and that perfectly makes me look bad even though I didn't do it. It'd be extra ironic if I die from Z25's death if an attempt was also made on Nabe to extinguish his house when my (Natz's) action prevented that from even being possible.

Top Bottom